Crazy thought...

Whoam1

What if everyone went by the sign that there ruling planet is under... and astrology would be the study of finding your ruling planet and learning about the sign it is in and how to live as that sign, your true self rather than living as just the ego of your sun or emotion of your moon...

katydid

What if everyone went by the sign that there ruling planet is under... and astrology would be the study of finding your ruling planet and learning about the sign it is in and how to live as that sign, your true self rather than living as just the ego of your sun or emotion of your moon...

I don't think that one's ruling planet , and it's sign and house, is considered one's true self.

I see it more as the description of how the native follows through on the desires and needs defined by the lights. So my Mars in Capricorn is ambitious and aggressive in it's drive to succeed. But the 'success' is defined by the Sun in Scorpio, as my true self.

If that Mars in Capricorn was the ruler of an Aries Sun, it would be a different motivation behind it's ambitious, aggressive drive.

Whoam1

I don't think that one's ruling planet , and it's sign and house, is considered one's true self.

I see it more as the description of how the native follows through on the desires and needs defined by the lights. So my Mars in Capricorn is ambitious and aggressive in it's drive to succeed. But the 'success' is defined by the Sun in Scorpio, as my true self.

If that Mars in Capricorn was the ruler of an Aries Sun, it would be a different motivation behind it's ambitious, aggressive drive.

Not quite what I'm saying, you'd have to find and experiment to see what planet rules you. Angles, LoG, the rising planet would have to been known and weighed out. I don't concider the sun to be EVERYONES trueself, I'm not looking for trueself as much as the core. It's like playing clue I don't think everyone plays under the same character or planet, not everyone can't be Miss peacock you know. Me for example I'm more defined by Mercury and Jupiter than my sun the sign that they are in describes the core of myself better than just my ego.

I do agree with you that it's the whole entire chart but if you came under the what's your zodiac sign think of how much more diversity and accuracy would be held i said I'm a Mercurial Scorpio or whatever it may be for each person for you a Solarian Scorpio it sounds like.

david starling

This fits the patterns I've been deciphering: I've labeled Sun in Scorpio as one of the Placements that imparts an innate Sense of Direction regarding goals in life. And, Mars in Capricorn is another such Placement. Combining those, it would be Desire (Scorpio) to Succeed (Capricorn). Aries Sun (according to these patterns) is a Facilitator, and combined with Mars in Capricorn, would make it easier to overcome the obstacles to success.

katydid

Not quite what I'm saying, you'd have to find and experiment to see what planet rules you. Angles, LoG, the rising planet would have to been known and weighed out. I don't concider the sun to be EVERYONES trueself, I'm not looking for trueself as much as the core. It's like playing clue I don't think everyone plays under the same character or planet, not everyone can't be Miss peacock you know. Me for example I'm more defined by Mercury and Jupiter than my sun the sign that they are in describes the core of myself better than just my ego.

I do agree with you that it's the whole entire chart but if you came under the what's your zodiac sign think of how much more diversity and accuracy would be held i said I'm a Mercurial Scorpio or whatever it may be for each person for you a Solarian Scorpio it sounds like.

But look at the Sun, and it's placement in the solar system. Now look at Mercury.

It is hard to bypass the Sun, and say it is just 'ego' and give Mercury a greater role. For me anyway. Because I see the Sun as the central player in the system.

Whoam1

But look at the Sun, and it's placement in the solar system. Now look at Mercury.

It is hard to bypass the Sun, and say it is just 'ego' and give Mercury a greater role. For me anyway. Because I see the Sun as the central player in the system.

I can see where your coming from. That's exactly it however, some people have really weak suns or planets that are just stronger in there charts.

katydid

I can see where your coming from. That's exactly it however, some people have really weak suns or planets that are just stronger in there charts.

Can Mercury be stronger than the Sun in a chart?

" The Sun is the gravitational center of the solar system. Its gravitational pull is what keeps the planets in place in their orbits."

"The Sun's gravitational force holds the solar system together. It also provides us with light and heat that are powered by nuclear reactions burning constantly inside the Sun. Without this light and heat, there would be no life on Earth -- so the Sun is very important to us."

"The Sun is by far the largest object in the solar system. It contains more than 99.8% of the total mass of the Solar System (Jupiter contains most of the rest). It is often said that the Sun is an "ordinary" star. ... This changes slowly over time as the Sun converts hydrogen to helium in its core."

"Nothing is more important to us on Earth than the Sun. Without the Sun's heat and light, the Earth would be a lifeless ball of ice-coated rock. The Sun warms our seas, stirs our atmosphere, generates our weather patterns, and gives energy to the growing green plants that provide the food and oxygen for life on Earth."

So, knowing all of the above, it is hard for me to accept that someone can just easily dismiss the importance of the Sun in their nativity.

It doesn't matter if it is in detriment, or in a cadent house or a pitted degree---even with all of that, the SUN is still the center of the Solar System, is the reason for your 'Birth Day' and is the light and heat that enables LIFE itself.:innocent:

Whoam1

Can Mercury be stronger than the Sun in a chart?

" The Sun is the gravitational center of the solar system. Its gravitational pull is what keeps the planets in place in their orbits."

"The Sun's gravitational force holds the solar system together. It also provides us with light and heat that are powered by nuclear reactions burning constantly inside the Sun. Without this light and heat, there would be no life on Earth -- so the Sun is very important to us."

"The Sun is by far the largest object in the solar system. It contains more than 99.8% of the total mass of the Solar System (Jupiter contains most of the rest). It is often said that the Sun is an "ordinary" star. ... This changes slowly over time as the Sun converts hydrogen to helium in its core."

"Nothing is more important to us on Earth than the Sun. Without the Sun's heat and light, the Earth would be a lifeless ball of ice-coated rock. The Sun warms our seas, stirs our atmosphere, generates our weather patterns, and gives energy to the growing green plants that provide the food and oxygen for life on Earth."

So, knowing all of the above, it is hard for me to accept that someone can just easily dismiss the importance of the Sun in their nativity.

It doesn't matter if it is in detriment, or in a cadent house or a pitted degree---even with all of that, the SUN is still the center of the Solar System, is the reason for your 'Birth Day' and is the light and heat that enables LIFE itself.:innocent:

I see your arguement. Yet on a astrological level I'm still in disagreement because of my experiences in life (not ones with the sun) but experiences where what the sun represents in astrology is not the highest active force on a person (not everyone leads life with there individual ego) and I'm not saying the sun isn't important, but we're are earthlings for example because we were born here were not solarians even though we were all born under the sun.

Side note is that pressure and gravity hold the universe together, not the sun and am estimated 83% of all matter in the universe is dark matter.