Global Transits Show Middle East Heating Up

Theo

Banned
Global transits, particularly the position of Mars in world cycles show that the Middle East will become an even more violent place this summer, and fall. As the Iraq and Afghanistan wars rage on, and with tensions in Lebonon and Gaza, world transits confirm that the coming summer and fall transits will witness heavy fighting causing tens of thousands to flee, and adding to the millions of refugees seeking shelter worldwide.

It is advised for those living in this region to find a way to leave until the fighting calms down. The international community is urged not to allow the fighting to get out of hand, and to start discussions immediately to stem the coming increased bloodshed.

The ingress of Mars into tropical Aries last May, and its entry into tropical Taurus in late June has seen increasing tensions throughout the Middle East, as well as the complete failure of world bodies to solve and resolve the continuing conflicts throughout the region.

The most recent celestial omen for the region took place with the New Moon over Gaza on June 15. This new moon at 23-GEMINI saw Neptune on the MC in opposition to Saturn near the IC and Mars in fire trine to Pluto and the Earth, as well as to transiting Saturn. This New Moon signals the movement of a great number of people due to heavy clashes between warring parties.

The coming square of Mars transiting Taurus to Saturn in tropical Leo in mid-July does not help the situation, as it further adds to the tensions, and with Jupiter retrograde, already weak diplomatic efforts reveal that the warring partieis will expand their acitivities, leading to a waste of innocent lives, while further lowering the approval ratings of world leaders who lappear to lack the will and leadership to seek peace and saving lives.

The next New Moon over Gaza is July 14 and indicates that nothing has changed except that events are becoming worse. This new moon at 21-CANCER and in the Eighth House, also sees the Dragon's Tail on the midheaven with Venus and Saturn nearby. Moreover, a retrograde Jupiter is square to the lunar nodes, and especially to the South lunar node; continuing the complete lack of diplomatic effort to resolve the growing crisis across the Middle East. The table is being set for even worst transits to come...

Mars enters tropical GEMINI on August 8, a day after Jupiter turns stationary direct (Aug. 7) at 9-SAGITTARIUS. This indicates a coming opposition between Mars and Jupiter in late August ~ and clearly shows intense battles between opposing groups. The world news will reflect these transits at that time, and this will continue into September, and October.

The New Moon of August 13 over Gaza are completely malefic, as warring parties escalate their battles, and the rush of refugees continues out of several regions of the Middle East.

The conjunction of Venus-Saturn at 27-LEO on this new moon date of August 13 reveals pitched battles, hopelessness, and the continuing failure of the diplomatic community to have stemmed the tide of the rising tensions.

Increasing populations of refugees fleeing the fighting now fill camps, and the international community issues calls for an end to the battles; however the lack of any real diplomatic efforts leads to a "showman" response of diplomatic shuttles, pretensions and empty promises.

The Full Moon of Aug. 28 over Gaza reveals more intense fighting. The stress levels are fully into the red, and with the coming end to the northern hemisphere summer season, and with Jupiter moving direct, diplomatic efforts "appear" to be more earnest, but too late to slow down the fighting, much less end it. This is because of the wasting of time during the previous months, and the complete lack of a coherent Middle Eastern policy from the west, and those of Europe, to start true peace talks.

Mars opposes Jupiter in late August, and the orb is still active in early September, when transiting Saturn enters tropical Virgo (Sep. 2). At the same time, the South Lunar Node in Virgo is moving towards conjunction with Saturn ~ a wholly malefic and very dangerous transit that indicates a rise in deaths.

Transiting Venus turns direct (Sep. 8) and will also head towards a conjunction with the Dragon's Tail by the third week of October, where Saturn will also conjoin the Dragon's Tail and Venus. This reveals innocent deaths due to the actions of bad people warring over matters rather than talking their problems out. Rarely does the gun settle anything, as the taking of innocent lives means the wrath of God. These world transits clearly pass judgement on those who take the lives of innocents without care to their own souls.

The New Moon over Gaza on Sept. 11 is at 18-VIRGO and allows the last opportunities to end the fighting, while giving time to those innocents to leave dangerous regions before the coming transit of Venus-Saturn-South Lunar Node in Virgo in October.

Mars at that time is square to the New Moon ~ showing quick-tempered men making poor decisions with weapons and causing accidents to happen because of the celestial influences. Mars is also square to Uranus, increasing the tensions, and the accidents throughout the world, especially in the Middle East. This is not the time to be engaged in pitched battles; however, the ignorance of those to the transits means that this is exactly what will happen.

By October, matters are fully out of hand, with spreading conflicts that could have been avoided with prior insight, and diplomatic leadership. As Saturn nears the South Lunar Node in October, along with a conjunction to Venus as well, innocent deaths, and the separation of families lead to even further world outrage. Refugee camps are now bulging, and the international community will have been shown to be a failure when it comes to saving lives, and stopping the fighting.

Conjunctions of a planet like Saturn with the South Lunar Node are totally malefic and indicate deaths that could have been avoided with proper foresight.

Rather, because of the lack of knowledge of the transits, and ignorance mixed with blind rage and the lack of compassion for others, the results of this summer and autumn's global transits has serious implications for the coming decade of the 2010s.

One of the only ways to pre-act and to stop the fighting and pitched battles is for all sides to sit at the negotiating table to work out the issues diplomatically, or, for the main and leading personalities to engage in fighting specifically amongst themselves (as with a boxing match) which is much better than the taking of hundreds and thousands of lives and the creating of tens of thousands of refugees and disrupting the daily lives of millions of people.

Know this ~ these transits will come, and on time, and will NOT be of any benefit to ALL parties ~ meaning that no one will win because with these types of transits, and with the conditions that those fighting create ~ everyone loses. It is not wise to mess with a Saturn-South Lunar Node conjunction. Those who do ~ do so at their own peril.

Foretold is forewarned.

unukalhai

Excellent analysis, again, Theo... Thanks for the information!

To add a few of the recent details I've noted...

The timing of the Gaza takeover was most interesting, and timed to an extremely powerful activation of planetary energies - Sun and Mars in a bowl pattern with the Saturn-Neptune opposition. The opposite side of the bowl sat on the degree of Israel's Chiron. This was also the first conjunction of Mars and his "twin sister" Eris since she took her name.

I've forced an object to the position of Israeli's Chiron and transiting Eris, and notated the chart to make the transit clear...

isr0612.gif

This all seems to fit into the Chiron-Opposed-Pluto transit Israel is undergoing. The middle of Aquarius is very hot in Israel's chart, as it not only opposes Pluto, but is the "open leg" of Israel's Pluto-Nodes T-square. Pluto and Chiron are highly synergistic objects.

---
edit to add Uranian factors: One additional factor I just noticed is that Israel has the Uranian TNP Kronos in partile opposition to it's Chiron. Uranian TNP Zeus T-squares this opposition from Leo, a sign many Uranian astrologers consider it's affinity. This forms a fixed T-square with a largest orb of 36 arcmin.

Witte on ZE/KR - Great ability and capability. To put oneself in the right light. To play the overlord. To lord it over others. Great and energetic activities. Energetic leadership. To assert oneself at costs. The machine Industry. Conflagrations. Warfare. Armament. The kernel formula for the great commander-in-chief. Great activity. Intervention of the authorities.

Certainly interesting as Israel's dogging "wound" (much in the nature of Chiron) that just wont go away is it's supposed playing of "overlord" over the Palestinians by it's "occupation". Certainly they have had many great military successes and great capabilities, also agreeing with Witte's interpretation.

As the hotspot of the above configuration, shown by the 21Tau/21Sco axis, falls also on the Israeli Kronos, there's little doubt why a government tied to Israel (Fatah) fell. Kronos, in Uranian astrology, represents governments and executive powers, supreme courts, and generally those who are in positions of authority and power.

Witte on SA/NE=KR: Chronic symptoms of dissolution in the government.

One should realize that Israel's government itself may be the next target as the SA/NE affliction to this axis is ongoing. Masses of people have been calling for Olmert's resignation (or ouster) due to his perceived poor performance in the last war, and the full Winograd report will come out in August, which reportedly will be quite harsh. Barak has openly said he is "sticking to his demand that Olmert resign after the full report has been released". This could represent a major shift in power dynamics in the region and lead to an escalation or deescalation of conflict depending on how it plays out.

Another addition, a striking bit of synchronisity: Not only was the Israeli CH/ZE/KR T-square being activated on the 12th, but the midpoint of transiting ZE/KR was aspecting the transiting SA/NE opposition. This seems to underscore the importance of the ZE/KR cycle in this event! On June 12th, the midpoints of SA/NE and ZE/KR squared eachother from 21Sco to 21Leo, forming a powerful linkage between the four objects.

Visual depiction, timed to the exact midpoint relationship: http://xs316.xs.to/xs316/07250/sane_zekr_061207.gif

The transiting ZE/KR midpoint will aspect all three corners of the Israeli CH/ZE/KR T-square in the next few months.
Jul/2 t.ZE/KR=CH, Aug/8 t.ZE/KR=KR, Aug/23 t.ZE/KR=ZE - It will be interesting to see if events line up with these dates.

The Aug/23 hit looks especially powerful, featuring a Sun-Saturn conjunction on Israeli's Mars, Venus at 21Leo activating the Israeli CH/ZE/KR tsquare, and an exact Mars/Jupiter opposition on Israel's Mercury.
---

June 19th featured a Sun/Pluto opposition with Pluto exactly on Israeli's Jupiter. Venus was in close octile/trioctile to the opposition, and right on Israeli's Pluto. Israeli's new defense minister and leader of the labor party, Ehud Barak, was formally instated within a few hours of this transit. Certainly very fitting. It is interesting to note his Sun is undergoing a conjunction transit from Neptune, and his first "official major order" (as it was reported) was to let injured Palestinians through a border checkpoint. Only time will tell, but maybe he'll be a little more humanitarian-focused than some of the previous defense ministers.

The summer solstice has a tight Mars-Pluto trine. This trine lines up with the Israeli Mars-Jupiter trine to form a grand trine in the synastry chart. Jupiter also trines Pluto, and Israel is also in the midst of a Pluto-Pluto trioctile as Jupiter and Pluto in the national chart are in trioctile relationship. But most important is the conjunction of transiting Pluto to the Israeli Jupiter. This long-term transit has been causing troubles in Israeli leadership for a while now.

The summer solstice is especially important with Israel as the national Sun/Moon midpoint is within a degree of 0Cancer, somewhere in the last degree of Gemini depending on which chart you use. I use the Marr rectification myself, as shown in the image. Some say 16:37, some 16:00.

isr07ss.gif

I haven't had a chance to forecast that much into the future with regards to Israeli transits, but I did notice a few additional hotspots. The first is the New Moon of July 14th which tightly trines Israel's Chiron. This New Moon features a tight Mars-Chiron square. Mars sits right on the Isreali north node, with transiting Chiron squaring the Israeli nodal axis and opposing Pluto. Neptune also exactly squares the Israeli Chiron. The next is the transiting Sun-Chiron opposition on August 5th, which is turned into an exact T-square with the Moon (21:17UTC). The T-square has the Sun on Israeli's Pluto, with the respective Chiron-Pluto opposition. The Moon sits on the Israeli true north node. Chiron shows up again in the Solar Libra ingress chart. 0Libra is always a perfect septile to Israel's national Chiron, but this Libra ingress shows transiting Chiron is near-exact Biseptile to the Israeli Sun. It is the closest aspect in the ingress transit chart, too. Again, some powerful synchronisity. The next would be the tight Moon-Jupiter-Pluto conjunction Dec/10/2007 15:22UTC in almost perfect trine to the Israeli Mars; obviously a continuation of the solstice Mars/Jupiter/Pluto aspects.

The New Moon of August 13 over Gaza are completely malefic, as warring parties escalate their battles, and the rush of refugees continues out of several regions of the Middle East.

The conjunction of Venus-Saturn at 27-LEO on this new moon date of August 13 reveals pitched battles, hopelessness, and the continuing failure of the diplomatic community to have stemmed the tide of the rising tensions.

That is certainly a major event. The Venus-Saturn conjunction falls on Israel's Mars. Moreover, Chiron is exactly opposed Israel's Pluto at the New Moon. The New Moon also forms a tight semisquare to Israel's Venus, ruler of the national 8th house, and falls within a degree of the national Mars/Pluto midpoint.

The New Moon over Gaza on Sept. 11 is at 18-VIRGO and allows the last opportunities to end the fighting, while giving time to those innocents to leave dangerous regions before the coming transit of Venus-Saturn-South Lunar Node in Virgo in October.

Uranus will also be right on the Mars/Jupiter midpoint (MA/JU=UR) and Jupiter will square the Uranus/TrueNorthNode midpoint (UR/NO=JU) on the Sept 11 eclipse. Using loose orbs, the eclipse and MA/JU/UR form a grand cross. These three planets are the perfect combination, not counting Pluto, for religiously motivated (Jupiter) warfare (Mars) by radical elements (Uranus) -- And if not properly handled, when Uranus opposes this eclipse in early March 2008, things could get _really_ out of hand.

In sure there are other important transits, if I get more time to pick them apart I'll edit this post. I've been wanting to put more time into these national transits but professional matters are certainly taking their share of my waking hours and must have priority.

Again, thanks Theo for the most interesting analysis.

Last edited:

Sagmoon

oh no... i booked a ticket to go see some of my family in Israel in two weeks time.. shall i go? ... oh life is strange..

unukalhai

oh no... i booked a ticket to go see some of my family in Israel in two weeks time.. shall i go? ... oh life is strange..

If I was in your shoes, that would be a difficult decision... I'm agreeing with Theo that things aren't going to really heat up for a little while yet, but at the same time, it's impossible to deny the heat is on. Consider your personal transits and the danger level in the specific area of Israel you would be headed to, as well as the length of your stay.

Personally, I find it important for my physical self to steer clear of any conflict-prone area, but I also don't have family ties to any such areas.

IMHO, it would seem a wiser time for your family to check out the states.

Sagmoon

i am planning to spend most of my time in haifa which is closest to lebanon and last summer i have just missed the conflict. i know it's geographically dangerous position but then it's safest city otherwise. i am going to travel about too like i was planning to go the dead sea... the thing with israel though is that time seems to be always dangerous so it is hard to say when it is safe enough to travel. however, that last summer opened up a new age leading isreal and middle east towards further hostility. the impact it had on people was unbelievable, which is why i really wanted to visit them.

i agree about the states. my sister went back (from UK) to live in israel because of her boyfriend.. it's a long story.. they should be able to move one day though and i think they would head towards the states.

here i must admit i need a bit of help.. if i were to consider my personal transits at what particular points should i be looking?

thanks

S

Last edited:

unukalhai

If I recall correctly Haifa is a bit out of range of the typical low-grade katusha-style rockets but is targetable with Grads and the other larger-caliber rockets. The UN forces in southern lebanon also will mean the launchings will have to take place further north, if they occur, which helps.

You are very correct that the last summer has set up a far more dangerous climate. The relative calm that has surprisingly endured so long appears very fragile.

Last summer was massive... The grand cross on the solstice was one of the most powerful patterns on a solstice in quite some time, possibly the most potent summer solstice since 2001 when the solstice Sun was eclipsed. The cross's 8th harmonic relationship to Israel's Uranus (terrorists, revolutionaries, etc) in combination with transiting Hades (facing deficiencies, deterioration, decomposition) conjuncting Israel's Uranus set the stage for this, in combination with other supporting factors, most notably the very tight Sun/Nodes Cardinal T-square at the solstice. The other major factor was the Pluto/Hades opposition (which is still in progress, 2004-2008) in 8th harmonic relationship to Saturn (45/135/180 degree triangle). I would imagine there are many other factors adhering to the rules of classic judicial astrology such as Theo practices.

Main points for transit considerations, IMHO, would be Mars, Saturn and Pluto. I would be concerned if Saturn or Pluto made a stress transit to one of your angles or if there were difficult transits involving these planets, especially if both Saturn and Pluto were involved. Transits to natal Mars by the other two are also quite significant. One should also consider transits to the ruler of the 8th house (death, ruthless violence, etc) when considering personal safety. I'd also be sure nothing too striking was happening with your Saturn/Pluto or Sun/Moon midpoint.

Regardless of the transits, there is no substitute for understanding that beyond astrology, the situation on the ground is quite tense. One can't ignore the fact that Hamas just finished launching hundreds of rockets at southern Israel then immediately removed Fatah from power in Gaza. It's doubtful the next item on their agenda is to play nice and make friends with Israel, although it would seem they are going to focus on consolidating power in Gaza for the moment.

I've been wanting to make it to Israel for quite some time but decided after the 2nd intafada broke out and 9/11 I will wait until the situation quiets down a bit. Certainly at this point is seems like the Palestinian issue needs to be resolved before any form of stability can be achieved.

Sag Moon

Theo
I always enjoy your commentary!

I wonder what exactly the Sa/Ne opposition is playing into it?

I had envisioned the Oil markets would suffer more than they are.Another sign was the Tropical storm which past rhough Oman this month which I had thought would hurt more than it did.
Concerning Oil also I see Nigeria is not helping much to stablize the situation.Venz. with Chavez who is a double dealing man at heart and is buying up arms wherever he can will play into the Oil markets at some points.
Why does he not see that you can only use so many bullets,LOL!

What I found interesting concerning US intentions is the talk coming from hardliners ,may I say idiots, in the Senate as I know from talking to Muslims is the fact that if we ever went into Iran that would align even moderate ME countries like Jordan to be forced to side with the extremist.They,Iran, back Hezbullah and they supply those who took over the Gaza strip.

Lieberman was the first to voice this view recently about attacking Iran and those that have no sense follow his lead.

Bremmer who we sent to Iraq as Ambassador is along the line of those that do not understand the politics of the Mid East and we sent him over to make a difficult situation intolerable for the common Iraqi. So it should not surprise people that these thoughts are being voiced.

Let's hope that there is a voice of wisdom to counter whatever the prevailing mood and mindset is in both the ME and US.

Anyway,you do present informative insight astrologically to what is happening.The Israeli chart is interesting to look at also.

Last edited:

astromony

Theo, i think this thread is powerful and i tried to reply the other night but read what i had written and felt like i had actually added nothing so i erased it. The last few weeks have carried with them such heavy energy that i cannot figure out what to do with it most of the time. I'm just sitting still and listening to the heartbeat. There were three suicide bombs in Iraq today and like you, i know more is coming. Saturn oppose neptune hit strong and i read a reference to 35 years ago with "Watergate" and this aspect. Moon in scorpio really gives it a punch. Pluto still hovers around galactic axis. Who knows what our species will learn from all this hate and struggle. Is there no way to peace on the planet?
The US is seeing it's first pluto return and the planet will oppose US stellium in cancer in a few years to come. Baghdad is ancient and has seen many. Bush's sun is at 13degrees of cancer, same as the country he presides over.
Judging by history, there is no way for our species 6 billion strong to live in peace, although this torture must surely come to an end. Meanwhile, the whole solar system is heating up, this is cyclical and ironicly ended the dinasoars exsistence all at once leaving stockpiles of fossil fuel for us to fight over.
Sorry for still not adding much accept to say thanks for broaching the touchy subject. -am

Theo

Banned
Sag Moon said:
Theo
I always enjoy your commentary!

I wonder what exactly the Sa/Ne opposition is playing into it?

I had envisioned the Oil markets would suffer more than they are.Another sign was the Tropical storm which past rhough Oman this month which I had thought would hurt more than it did.
Concerning Oil also I see Nigeria is not helping much to stablize the situation.Venz. with Chavez who is a double dealing man at heart and is buying up arms wherever he can will play into the Oil markets at some points.
Why does he not see that you can only use so many bullets,LOL!

What I found interesting concerning US intentions is the talk coming from hardliners ,may I say idiots, in the Senate as I know from talking to Muslims is the fact that if we ever went into Iran that would align even moderate ME countries like Jordan to be forced to side with the extremist.They,Iran, back Hezbullah and they supply those who took over the Gaza strip.

Lieberman was the first to voice this view recently about attacking Iran and those that have no sense follow his lead.

Bremmer who we sent to Iraq as Ambassador is along the line of those that do not understand the politics of the Mid East and we sent him over to make a difficult situation intolerable for the common Iraqi. So it should not surprise people that these thoughts are being voiced.

Let's hope that there is a voice of wisdom to counter whatever the prevailing mood and mindset is in both the ME and US.

Anyway,you do present informative insight astrologically to what is happening.The Israeli chart is interesting to look at also.

Thanks Sag Moon. If you look at my global transit review, and add that of Unukalhai's unique analysis, you will certainly see that travel to the region would not be advised at this time, nor in the immediate future while these global transits are in play. Not only do these transits spark the nations in the Middle East (like Israel) they just are not positive enough transits to become involved with until they have passed over by December.

There are too many ignorant players out there with revenge from unresolved issues, and their own violent interests to be of any positive use during the months ahead, and we all will witness how these transits play out in the region, and throughout other regions of the world. The power plays, especially with the transits of Mars and Saturn, and the coming conjunction of Saturn with the Dragon's Tail later this year (October) means one should take a low-profile and allow these transits to pass by.

What we are seeing are the issues from an older generation that have not resolved their own problems from the 20th century, and continue to think, act, and feel in those outdated terms. Although they will speak about "this new century" ~ they are fully immersed in the last one, and know little about this new century, nor do they care for it either. They will fight, kill, steal, lie, etc., until they have satisfied themselves, but they are not interested in anything but settling "scores" from the unresolved issues of the last century ~ not this one.

I would wait to travel, since the months of August, September and October are powerful transit-wise, and would just wait and chill out until these transits move out of orb. Remember that Saturn's transit and conjunction to the Dragon's Head is arriving, and with Venus as well, I would advise anything less but to remain calm, cool=headed, and to relax, while preparing for next year in a manner that reflects one who knows how to read an ephemeris and to abstain from the ignorance of those who do not.

Sagmoon

Main points for transit considerations, IMHO, would be Mars, Saturn and Pluto. I would be concerned if Saturn or Pluto made a stress transit to one of your angles or if there were difficult transits involving these planets, especially if both Saturn and Pluto were involved. Transits to natal Mars by the other two are also quite significant. One should also consider transits to the ruler of the 8th house (death, ruthless violence, etc) when considering personal safety. I'd also be sure nothing too striking was happening with your Saturn/Pluto or Sun/Moon midpoint.

Regardless of the transits, there is no substitute for understanding that beyond astrology, the situation on the ground is quite tense. One can't ignore the fact that Hamas just finished launching hundreds of rockets at southern Israel then immediately removed Fatah from power in Gaza. It's doubtful the next item on their agenda is to play nice and make friends with Israel, although it would seem they are going to focus on consolidating power in Gaza for the moment.
thank you Unukalhai for contributing so much. sorry for not replying straight away i just felt really sad all this time. when i spoke to my sister she didn't like what i told her and wished i'd come anyway. however, after thinking about it for some time i have decided to stay put this summer.

one of the things i remembered was that last summer's war started at 12th of july. it's a date that will not be easily forgotten, much less forgiven...

there are a few transits in my chart that make me uncomfortable: saturn is transiting my venus while squaring natal mars, only 2 degrees. my natal mars appears in the 6th house. then during the holiday neptune will square natal mars while being in opposition to saturn. another thing that might contribute to danger is transiting mars will square my sun and oppose my saturn, the ruler of 8th house which also appears in the 6th house.

well to what extent it will endanger me i can not judge beign yet quite inexperienced in transits...

this thread is excellent, thank you all for taking time to put so much information on. it is so helpful for people like me :) i shall tell about it to everyone i know who is planning to go to israel this summer.

thanks again,
S

Last edited:

unukalhai

Anytime, SagMoon :)

I do feel a bit like a party pooper, and really wish I could encourage you to head over and enjoy Israel and your family, but both from a current events and astrological perspective, I just can't. I'd feel guilty if something happened and I did not speak. While it's possible nothing too bad will happen, the situation does at the least seem perilous, and the potential consequences serious.

I really hope things will be resolved in a manner that doesn't require any more senseless violence, but as Theo well said, there are a number of ignorant players out for revenge. This dispute goes back a long way, and is a highly charged issue for either side, both the Israelis and the Arabs. The bulk of the recent affair seems to stem from the 1967 war, 40 years to the week before Gaza fell to Hamas hands, as the Arab side is still extremely sore over the Israeli victory. Some folks just can't accept a battle won is a battle won, but want to drag it on and on... For exactly what purpose besides more misery, I do not know.

Background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_day_war

Quick astrological notes on the 6day war, just for giggles.. Saturn seems a key player in the 6-day war. The solar arc MC conjuncted Saturn using Marr's chart, while transiting Saturn activated 3 Israeli midpoints involving Mars: SO/MA, MA/CHiron, and MA/KRonos [MA/KR Autocratic actions. Procedure indicated by power of government. Power of police. To be independent. Power of the State. Penal law.]. t.Chiron squared SO/MO. t.Saturn opposed Neptune and biseptiled Jupiter. the transiting SA/VUlkanus midpoint was in 1arcmin opposition to Israeli Chiron and thus aspected the whole CH/ZE/KR t-square. [SA/VU: Hindered, guarded, supervised, custody, to guard, to preserve, to banish, to fortify, to fix something, captivity, imprisonment, vigilance. Mighty action or force taken for long-term or preservational goals]. Topping it all off was the secondary progressed Moon trine Pluto and quintile Uranus from Aries. Just the p.Moon in Aries speaks much about the nationally aggressive nature at that time.

In the transiting sky when the war started, 7:45 IST according to Wikipedia, Saturn and Pluto were 2 arcmin from a 16th harmonic relationship [157.5 degrees in this case]. The SA/PL midpoint is at the final degree of Gemini, the same degree as Israeli's Sun/Moon midpoint [so SA/PL=SO/MO], and since Chiron is at the 29th degree of Pisces, SA/PL=CH is present in the war chart. In Tel Aviv, Mars was on the IC, Venus close to the ASC in the 1st house, with Zeus [directed energy] at their midpoint.

Anyways, just figured a little astrological background on one of the decisive moments 40 years ago still affecting things today would be interesting, not trying to get off topic :)

Sagmoon

unukalhai said:
Anytime, SagMoon:)

could it be that Theo and you had mistaken me for Sag Moon? because there are two of us only i am Sagmoon and my 'twin' is Sag Moon... i quite enjoy it;)

thank you again for the input :) i know that i can only be grateful to you warning me about israel and i know i won't regret it. if i were on your place i would stop myself from going...there will always be a more peaceful time to go.. i really hope so..

thank you all. keep up the good work :)

S

Theo

Banned
Sagmoon said:
could it be that Theo and you had mistaken me for Sag Moon? because there are two of us only i am Sagmoon and my 'twin' is Sag Moon... i quite enjoy it;)

thank you again for the input :) i know that i can only be grateful to you warning me about israel and i know i won't regret it. if i were on your place i would stop myself from going...there will always be a more peaceful time to go.. i really hope so..

thank you all. keep up the good work :)

S

I saw that... you twins are something else. LOL! As for travel in the region, I would not suggest it during this year, especially this summer/fall, and even early winter, as transits are not supportive of it. There will be a calmer time to go, but not at the present or near future.

Theo

Banned
unukalhai said:
Anytime, SagMoon :)

I do feel a bit like a party pooper, and really wish I could encourage you to head over and enjoy Israel and your family, but both from a current events and astrological perspective, I just can't. I'd feel guilty if something happened and I did not speak. While it's possible nothing too bad will happen, the situation does at the least seem perilous, and the potential consequences serious.

I really hope things will be resolved in a manner that doesn't require any more senseless violence, but as Theo well said, there are a number of ignorant players out for revenge. This dispute goes back a long way, and is a highly charged issue for either side, both the Israelis and the Arabs. The bulk of the recent affair seems to stem from the 1967 war, 40 years to the week before Gaza fell to Hamas hands, as the Arab side is still extremely sore over the Israeli victory. Some folks just can't accept a battle won is a battle won, but want to drag it on and on... For exactly what purpose besides more misery, I do not know.

Background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_day_war

Quick astrological notes on the 6day war, just for giggles.. Saturn seems a key player in the 6-day war. The solar arc MC conjuncted Saturn using Marr's chart, while transiting Saturn activated 3 Israeli midpoints involving Mars: SO/MA, MA/CHiron, and MA/KRonos [MA/KR Autocratic actions. Procedure indicated by power of government. Power of police. To be independent. Power of the State. Penal law.]. t.Chiron squared SO/MO. t.Saturn opposed Neptune and biseptiled Jupiter. the transiting SA/VUlkanus midpoint was in 1arcmin opposition to Israeli Chiron and thus aspected the whole CH/ZE/KR t-square. [SA/VU: Hindered, guarded, supervised, custody, to guard, to preserve, to banish, to fortify, to fix something, captivity, imprisonment, vigilance. Mighty action or force taken for long-term or preservational goals]. Topping it all off was the secondary progressed Moon trine Pluto and quintile Uranus from Aries. Just the p.Moon in Aries speaks much about the nationally aggressive nature at that time.

In the transiting sky when the war started, 7:45 IST according to Wikipedia, Saturn and Pluto were 2 arcmin from a 16th harmonic relationship [157.5 degrees in this case]. The SA/PL midpoint is at the final degree of Gemini, the same degree as Israeli's Sun/Moon midpoint [so SA/PL=SO/MO], and since Chiron is at the 29th degree of Pisces, SA/PL=CH is present in the war chart. In Tel Aviv, Mars was on the IC, Venus close to the ASC in the 1st house, with Zeus [directed energy] at their midpoint.

Anyways, just figured a little astrological background on one of the decisive moments 40 years ago still affecting things today would be interesting, not trying to get off topic :)

Actually, it is directly related to the topic, and as we can now see, things are becoming ever more precarious in the Middle East, as world transits have indicated that they would.

unukalhai

So true. The news is not pretty these days, and seems to reflect a building intensity of potential conflict. Obviously world leaders see these same things, as news of various potential troubles "this summer" seems to abound.

I'm curious, Theo, do you work with the fixed stars much?

I ask because I'm curious of your opinion of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn's interactions with the "royal" stellar cross of Aldebaran, Antares, Fomalhaut and Regulus in August. It seems an important consideration. Jupiter's August 6th station direct falls exactly on Antares (3 arcmin of ecleptical orb). Later in the month, on the 23rd, Mars and Jupiter oppose along 15 Taurus-Scorpio (sidereal), the same sidereal degrees of the Antares/Aldebaran opposition. Sun sits within 1/4 degree of ecleptical conjunction to Regulus at that time, conjunct Saturn by 1.5 degrees. Saturn transits the exact ecleptical degree of Regulus on September 1st.

River,

The 40th anniversary of Israel seizing the Temple Mount during the 6 day war was last month, as I'm sure you know, and a mosque still stands there, with Jews forbidden to offer prayer at their holiest place. In a religious context, it's all pretty surreal. From the perspective of logic and reason, it's not exactly sane. Many religious folk feel the 40th anniversary is highly significant, both because of what you mentioned in addition to other factors. This is yet another factor to stoke tensions.

Theo

Banned
unukalhai said:
So true. The news is not pretty these days, and seems to reflect a building intensity of potential conflict. Obviously world leaders see these same things, as news of various potential troubles "this summer" seems to abound.

I'm curious, Theo, do you work with the fixed stars much?

I ask because I'm curious of your opinion of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn's interactions with the "royal" stellar cross of Aldebaran, Antares, Fomalhaut and Regulus in August. It seems an important consideration. Jupiter's August 6th station direct falls exactly on Antares (3 arcmin of ecleptical orb). Later in the month, on the 23rd, Mars and Jupiter oppose along 15 Taurus-Scorpio (sidereal), the same sidereal degrees of the Antares/Aldebaran opposition. Sun sits within 1/4 degree of ecleptical conjunction to Regulus at that time, conjunct Saturn by 1.5 degrees. Saturn transits the exact ecleptical degree of Regulus on September 1st.

River,

The 40th anniversary of Israel seizing the Temple Mount during the 6 day war was last month, as I'm sure you know, and a mosque still stands there, with Jews forbidden to offer prayer at their holiest place. In a religious context, it's all pretty surreal. From the perspective of logic and reason, it's not exactly sane. Many religious folk feel the 40th anniversary is highly significant, both because of what you mentioned in addition to other factors. This is yet another factor to stoke tensions.

Yes, I do work with fixed stars, and have already noted the planetary transits to the ones mentioned. The Jupiter station to Antares, and the Venus/Saturn conjunctions to Regulus makes for the ending of an era since 2000/2001 and the opening of a mini era from 2008-2011 before a major new era (Uranus) begins during the second half of Jupiter-Saturn's opposition in 2010/2011.