ADD/ADHD Natal Charts

Osamenor

Staff member
I would like to start an interactive, exploratory thread on birth charts of people with ADD/ADHD. I am including my chart to start with, since I am one myself. You, too, are invited to post your chart if you have ever been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, or if you feel that the diagnosis would fit you. Let's use our own charts to see what factors we might have in common, and explore what astrological factors might possibly be involved in ADD.

Neurotypicals are also welcome to post here, of course, but the charts to explore are those with ADD/ADHD.

A few ground rules I would like to set for this thread:

- This is a collective exploration thread, not a Read My Chart thread. Moderators, please don't move it!

- No posts that deny or dispute the existence of ADD/ADHD. Those of us who live with ADD have all too often had our perceptions, ways of being, and very existence denied or dismissed. This thread is meant to validate our experiences, not deny them. If you want to argue over the validity of the diagnosis, take it somewhere else.

- If your post is longer than 4 or 5 sentences (or 2 or 3 very long sentences), break it into paragraphs no more than 4 or 5 sentences long, with spaces between them. That keeps the text readable to people who have difficulty reading long blocks of electronic text, which often coexists with ADD (personal experience with that here!).

- Only post your own chart, and only if you yourself have ADD/ADHD (or believe you do). If your son, sister, ex-boyfriend, etc. has ADD and you want to know what aspects might be involved, it's fine to mention that, but let's only look at charts for people who are present to provide feedback and share their experiences.

Let the discussion begin! :biggrin:

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_osamenor.20989.15454.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_osamenor.20989.15454.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 238

swanswings

Osamenor,

I looked through the following book at bookstore in Ashland, OR:

Astrological Markers of ADD and ADHD by Gayle Geffner

She associates the asteroid Hidalgo with ADD/ADHD.

Zane Stein has a great blab about Hidalgo, including its highly eccentric orbit (an asteroid with ADD/ADHD ?)

http://www.zanestein.com/hidalgo.htm

Put Hidalgo in your chart, and look at the hard aspects it makes to your Sun, Mercury, and Mars. (With asteroids, the orb is 1° max).

Best wishes :smile:

Steven

Ismee

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?&nhor=3

I haven't been diagnosed with what they call ADD/ADHD but I have all of the signs. I can't comment on the above chart as I'm no astrology expert, but I can post my own chart.

I'm beginning to believe I've cut myself off the world as I never really fit in and looking at my chart I have a lot in the 12th house. I think the ADD in my case may be a defense mechanism...a case of me finding the harsh world a little too much too deal with...or maybe it is a tool for me to use and I've never known what to do with it?

:)

Last edited:

Ismee

I'm struggling with this. Tried uploading the file but I'm being told it's invalid.

I'm off to bed now but will post tomorrow if you can help.

[file attachments can not be larger than 1 MB and must be one of these types: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a great idea and excited to see what connections can be made.

I have been diagnosed with ADD since I was about 7 years old and have since been medicated with prescription drugs specific to disorder. I have tried to quit taking the medicine twice since living on my own, and while learning much about myself during my non-medicated periods, both times there was little positive or productive to show for it. I lost jobs, friends, and self confidence during non-medicated periods.

While I do not WANT to have to take a pill to be a "normal" and functional, it's very difficult to avoid depression and negativity while without it. My chart is almost entirely comprised of squares and oppositions, giving me a naturally conflicted nature and without the "medicine" it feels almost impossible to rise to the challenges the squares present (I think that's partially due to my debilitated Mars in Cancer).

I know much of the depression I experience during my time off the medication is due to withdrawal, as substances like Adderall and Vyvance are stimulants and are addicting, however even after months (well after withdrawal phases) without the medicine, it is difficult to do anything and have a much more difficult time channeling and regulating my energy.

Anyway, I was born with Mercury in Aries in retrograde, I always wondered if that contributed to the ADD diagnosis. Also, my Mercury is the focal point of a T-Square with Jupiter and Moon/Saturn while hanging almost exactly opposite my ASC.

Jupiter opposite my Moon/Saturn Conj. can manifest in some weird ways. I tend to have very little impulse control when without medication, especially when it comes to emotions. I can become overly emotional without even acknowledging it (though I am making improvements on emotional awareness).

I look forward to any insight on my chart!

I found a different thread that was also talking about ADD/ADHD in the birth chart and had a thought while posting that I'd like to share on this thread too. I'm curious if you think there could be anything to my theory. I quote myself,

"I assume you and I are not that far apart in age due to your mention of Uranus/Neptune conjunction, likely in Capricorn, and if that is the case, it means we were both born somewhere around the 1990s. Maybe that aspect itself has something to with it, since it was not previously diagnosed or recognized as anything prior to the generation that has that particular aspect. The Millennials are the generation that possess the Uranus (change/shock/unorthodox) conjunct Neptune (imagination/illusion/perception) which could possibly contribute to the surge of ADD/ADHD diagnoses in our generation. It could be that the quick changes in how our attention focuses and our perceptions change is shaped by the influence of technology on our subconscious. Maybe strong or influential aspects and placements of Uranus/Neptune in an individual's chart trigger more intense, unique reactions to an influence shared by many. In my chart, my Uranus/Neptune conjunct is closely square my Sun. However, the idea that the surge in ADD diagnosis could be linked to this generational aspect is speculative and would need further research.

Also, the experimental (Uranus) use of drugs (Neptune) like Adderall and Vyvance (drugs I feel have a Uranian vibe to them, because they act fast to stimulate a change, or "revolutionize", in the way our minds are naturally structured [Structure being a Capricorn thing]) took place with our generation. Many Millennial children were the "guinea pigs" for the mass production and distribution of these new prescription drugs. Again, the way these planets interact with the chart of the individuals could amplify the effects they have."

Attachments

• My Chart.gif
    My Chart.gif
    47.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Anyway, I was born with Mercury in Aries in retrograde, I always wondered if that contributed to the ADD diagnosis. Also, my Mercury is the focal point of a T-Square with Jupiter and Moon/Saturn while hanging almost exactly opposite my ASC.
I, on the other hand, have a powerful Mercury: direct, domiciled, and the final dispositor of everything in my chart except the sun. But... if we count Ceres as a planet, which I've started to do (it isn't in the older versions of my chart, including the one I posted here, but I have it at 6 degrees Gemini), that makes my Mercury/Venus conjunction the focal point of a t-square. Some people have said it's a t-square anyway, with Mars and Neptune, but I think the orbs are too wide.

Jupiter opposite my Moon/Saturn Conj. can manifest in some weird ways. I tend to have very little impulse control when without medication, especially when it comes to emotions. I can become overly emotional without even acknowledging it (though I am making improvements on emotional awareness).

I look forward to any insight on my chart!
Interestingly, I also have a Jupiter/Saturn hard aspect. In my case, a t-square, with Saturn as the focal point and Uranus as the other point. Since those are generational/social planets, everyone born within a month or two of me has that t-square, so it can't be just that... but for me, the t-square is angular, which would make it more powerful. And for you, too, the Jupiter-Saturn/moon opposition is angular!

While I don't have the moon conjunct Saturn, I do have moon involvement in the sense of rulership: Saturn in Cancer, disposited by the moon (which is in turn disposited by Jupiter), and the t-square involves Jupiter hugging the IC from the third house. I understand that the moon rules the fourth house/IC, but traditional astrology associates it with the third as well (or instead of? I'm getting out of my depth here). In any case, we've both got some sort of Jupiter + Saturn/moon hard aspect going on.

I don't think of myself as particularly impulsive, but yes, emotions are a big thing for me. Interestingly, you and I both have charts that don't look very emotional: fire dominant with very little in water signs, a non-emotional moon placement for you and Capricorn rising for me.

I found a different thread that was also talking about ADD/ADHD in the birth chart and had a thought while posting that I'd like to share on this thread too. I'm curious if you think there could be anything to my theory. I quote myself,

"I assume you and I are not that far apart in age due to your mention of Uranus/Neptune conjunction, likely in Capricorn, and if that is the case, it means we were both born somewhere around the 1990s. Maybe that aspect itself has something to with it, since it was not previously diagnosed or recognized as anything prior to the generation that has that particular aspect. The Millennials are the generation that possess the Uranus (change/shock/unorthodox) conjunct Neptune (imagination/illusion/perception) which could possibly contribute to the surge of ADD/ADHD diagnoses in our generation.
The words I bolded are not true. People in previous generations were diagnosed, just not as frequently, and it wasn't part of the common vocabulary. However, right around the time you were born, there was a sudden surge in ADD/ADHD being recognized. In 1994, when I was 19, I suddenly acquired a name for my difference, through the newly published "Driven to Distraction." That led to my diagnosis the following year. Many others, at all ages, were first diagnosed around that time and in the next few years.

So children like you, who were born with ADD in those years, were much more likely to be diagnosed and medicated, unlike previous generations who were no less ADD. Just like deafness has always existed, but Deaf culture in its modern form has not.

Also, the experimental (Uranus) use of drugs (Neptune) like Adderall and Vyvance (drugs I feel have a Uranian vibe to them, because they act fast to stimulate a change, or "revolutionize", in the way our minds are naturally structured [Structure being a Capricorn thing]) took place with our generation. Many Millennial children were the "guinea pigs" for the mass production and distribution of these new prescription drugs. Again, the way these planets interact with the chart of the individuals could amplify the effects they have."
Again, those drugs became much more widely used during that time, but they were not necessarily new. Ritalin had already been used for hyperactivity for decades. What was new was the recognition of the inwardly directed subtypes. When I was growing up, only extremely hyper little boys were ever diagnosed. Inwardly directed ADD children were just considered lazy, and even hyperactive girls were usually not diagnosed because it typically doesn't manifest the same way as in boys.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

I am interested in this thread because of having 2 grandchildren suffering the disorder and only recently diagnosed. I shall have to have another look at their charts to note any similarities between the two [siblings].
I do believe the Uranus/Neptune conjunct can be an indicator [ unusual and difficult to diagnose diseases.
thanks for starting the thread.

kimbermoon

what I note here is that Neptune rules the 6th h of health, while Uranus rules the 5th. The implication of Neptune here is in relation to mysterious, or difficult to pin down diseases [the surge of auto-immune diseases is also linked with Neptune, in my opinion. Since the conjunction falls in the 4th, heredity is involved, suggesting that your children would be subject to something similar, especially with the Saturn/Moon conjunct in the 5th.

Oppositions show significant imbalance, as the energies see-saw back and forth; the t-square is impaled by the opposition of Venus/Pluto. The other opposition involves the MC/Jupiter with Saturn/Moon. Quite a dynamic set-up indeed.
Afflictions to Mercury often show the potential for 'disordered minds' and here we find Mercury at the apex of the t-square.

In my research the Uranus/Neptune generational influence is known as a separate group called the Indigo Children. This is not the first conjunction of the planets, so I don't know how past groupings were named as being 'special'. I do think the research on this is quite plausible.

On a higher level, Uranus relates to the Creative Consciousness, yearning to be expressed through creativity; Neptune relates to mystical, spiritual aims trying to break through to the consciousness. This is fitting since the conjunction is also suggested to bring about an awakening of consciousness, as associated with the Mayan prophecy. Uranus is the accelerator, as you say, 'acting fast to stimulate change or revolutionize the way our minds are naturally structured'.

I will try to post any connections I find between my grandchildren; she is Sagittarius, he is Taurus.

dowhanawi

I'm just following as myself and many collegues in the birth field have a thought that while ADD/ADHD does happen, not all cases are actually ADD/ADHD but another less acceptable diagnosis.

So if you guys find a second marker that doesn't fit but comes up frequently, I would love to know (it would be one related to the pregnancy), if that's acceptible to this thread.

oinas

Hey,

During my childhood I was on a medication to ADHD. It never really affected that much to my school success, and later on during adult years I have calmed down a bit but I thought I could share my chart here.

I actually think that my activity could be partly due to grand cardinal cross. I am not sure really.

Attachments

• astro2.gif
    astro2.gif
    65.3 KB · Views: 133

Witchyone

I suspect I have ADD. I have never been diagnosed and until recently didn't suspect it because I don't have issues with hyperactivity, only attention and anger control. Anyway, I thought my chart might be of use.

Attachments

• My Chart.png
    My Chart.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 124

Osamenor

Staff member
Amongst those who uploaded charts: check out the moons involved in t-squares

Interesting: every chart uploaded here except mine and Witchyone's has the moon in either a t-square or a grand cross... and for Witchy and me both, it's in a grand trine! I see grand trines in most of these charts, too.

Perhaps if the charts all showed Ceres, more of those aspects would appear. If I count Ceres as a planet, my moon becomes part of a loose t-square.

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm just following as myself and many collegues in the birth field have a thought that while ADD/ADHD does happen, not all cases are actually ADD/ADHD but another less acceptable diagnosis.
This is skirting on ADD denial, but since you acknowledged that it does exist, I won't call you out on it! It is true that ADD is sometimes misdiagnosed. I would say that if you have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD but feel it might not be the right diagnosis for you, it's fine to mention that in this thread... or if someone close to you has told you that happened to them, it's fine.

Otherwise, what we're talking about here is ADD/ADHD. Sure, other "disorders" may have some relevance (I put that in quotes because whether ADD/ADHD is really a disorder is a whole other topic of debate!), and I feel it's fine to mention them, but only as long as it doesn't become a big detraction from the subject of ADD/ADHD and those of us who live it.

So if you guys find a second marker that doesn't fit but comes up frequently, I would love to know (it would be one related to the pregnancy), if that's acceptible to this thread.
We don't know what fits and what doesn't, assuming that by "doesn't fit" you mean doesn't fit with ADD/ADHD. This thread is for exploring, not setting hard and fast rules. Sure, we'll mention whatever comes up for us, and you're welcome to follow along and see if you spot something that fits with the less acceptable diagnoses you mentioned.

dowhanawi

This is skirting on ADD denial, but since you acknowledged that it does exist, I won't call you out on it! It is true that ADD is sometimes misdiagnosed. I would say that if you have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD but feel it might not be the right diagnosis for you, it's fine to mention that in this thread... or if someone close to you has told you that happened to them, it's fine.

Otherwise, what we're talking about here is ADD/ADHD. Sure, other "disorders" may have some relevance (I put that in quotes because whether ADD/ADHD is really a disorder is a whole other topic of debate!), and I feel it's fine to mention them, but only as long as it doesn't become a big detraction from the subject of ADD/ADHD and those of us who live it.

We don't know what fits and what doesn't, assuming that by "doesn't fit" you mean doesn't fit with ADD/ADHD. This thread is for exploring, not setting hard and fast rules. Sure, we'll mention whatever comes up for us, and you're welcome to follow along and see if you spot something that fits with the less acceptable diagnoses you mentioned.

I don't deny add/ADHD at all, one of my children has add, but I can't upload chart. To say my post skirts on denial is unfounded. But the birthing community (midwives, doula's, LC's health units) had noticed a disturbing trend of a more serious diagnosis being passed over and labeled ADD/ADHD as less offensive.

Osamenor

Staff member
But the birthing community (midwives, doula's, LC's health units) had noticed a disturbing trend of a more serious diagnosis being passed over and labeled ADD/ADHD as less offensive.

What are those more serious diagnoses that are being passed over? And who's being given those diagnoses--the babies? It's impossible to diagnose a child with ADD/ADHD before school age, unless the medical establishment has changed that recently. Or is it the mothers?

GeminiFour

I'm severely ADD, but I think I might be a Gemini 4. June 9, 1983... is there any hope for me? I've tried meditation and don't want to take medicine. It's hard to finish any task