IC in Synastry?

sadge

I have a tendency to crush on blond punks and bass players. It doesn't help that he's both. Lol.

It's the same with Duff's bandmate, Axl Rose. Most of Axl's personal planets are conjunct my IC/NN. He happened to be born during that Aquarius stellium during the sixties. I also have a NN/SN conjunction double whammy with Mr. Rose as well. With him, it's a repulsion/fascination. How would the particular energy of both Mr. McKagan and Mr. Rose be essential to my core being? Also if you find links that explain it, I would love to read it.

I would study the meaning of your NN and SN axis. Look up meanings for NN in Aquarius, but also in 4H. Some authors use the same interpretation for signs and houses, but it is different, so look up both. I can't think of any links off the top of my head, but there's so much out there, including books. Just keep reading until you find those that resonate with you. Also look at what the ruler of your NN is doing. In your case, understanding the MC/IC axis will be important too.

Mellojelo

Hi!

Well, I couldn't agree more with you... And I face IC as something even more important in synastry than DES... There we find the foundations of our soul...

I experienced a very transformative affair a kind of story that changes one's life and makes you face the deepest wounds and ghosts to heal your soul... Both suns in the other's 12th house and... Guess what? His Pluto conjunct my IC.

I met someone who seems to be a kind of mirror of me, in many senses, and It's like we are from the same place, same nest. In spite of our different family structures the essence concerning to family is the same... I shouldn't have been surprised when discovered that our ICs are conjunct by Antiscia. And MY NAME ASTEROID is exactly conjunct his IC in his natal chart.

I think the effect goes both ways but is MUCH more felt by the IC-person.

I'd like to hear some stories about IC in synastry too.
My IC is conjunct his Pluto as well in Scorpio, so it's a very transformative relationship. Although we're only friends. I believe we slightly expressed our liking for each other though and I had my moment where I tried to make a move but it failed lol. We've kind of started over as friends who enjoy each other's company! Oh, and his Ascendant is conjunct my IC as well. He acts as a mirror to me as well. I'm trying to figure out how to express my deepest darkest feelings.

Mellojelo

The IC is important because it's an angular point. It is the deepest part of your soul, your family roots, your inner home. It's the only angle in the chart that is below the horizon.

Whether it plays a significant role in romantic relationships will depend on each individual chart, whether the IC ruler is a prominent player in the chart, and of course an individual's personal development.

For example, someone who has not actively developed his/her MC potential may be irresistibly attracted to someone whose personal planet (such as a "relationship" planet like Venus) hits his/her MC. That planet person embodies an energy that the MC person is needing to develop, but instead it is found through the planet person. This may or may not work out for the long-term, as it would depend on whether that dynamic works with the overall needs reflected in the natal chart. Think of the man who settles with a trophy wife or a woman who marries for status/money. These are both generic examples, but just using them to illustrate my point. Is the cost of this relationship at the expense of important IC needs? That is answered by looking at each individual's natal.

I always look at the angle rulers, including the IC ruler. Look at how they aspect other planets and points in the chart to weigh its significance.

Personally, I've found IC connections to simply be a cozy feeling of comfort and acceptance on a level that doesn't need words or explanation. Interaspects to this point is often found in families and between parent and child (the IC/MC axis). For romantic relationships, I've found connections with the AC/DC axis to be much more significant and common. That makes sense if you think about what each axis represents.

Hope I helped.

Sadge.
Yeah my IC is in Scorpio which conjuncts my Pluto and opposite my Venus in Taurus which conjuncts my MC. There's this guy that acts like a mirror to all of my deep subconscious issues and my desires. His Ascendant conjuncts my IC, vice versa my MC and his descendant oh and Venus. I feel they are real strong attraction markers. We have a lot of heavy aspects besides the MC/IC-Asc/Dsc Intersection. It's also a double whammy in a way because it just so happens that his MC/IC falls on the Leo-Aquarius axis and my Ascendant is in Leo. I have these intense desires for him, but he also fulfill my spiritual needs as well. I'm very complicated. I have a stellium in Pisces and his Pisces moon conjuncts all of my personal planets there including my Sun. Which makes a sun-moon conjunction <3. Another double whammy, my moon which I'm pretty sure is in Libra conjuncts his Sun as well in Libra. He's dreamy! <3

sadge

Yeah my IC is in Scorpio which conjuncts my Pluto and opposite my Venus in Taurus which conjuncts my MC. There's this guy that acts like a mirror to all of my deep subconscious issues and my desires. His Ascendant conjuncts my IC, vice versa my MC and his descendant oh and Venus. I feel they are real strong attraction markers. We have a lot of heavy aspects besides the MC/IC-Asc/Dsc Intersection. It's also a double whammy in a way because it just so happens that his MC/IC falls on the Leo-Aquarius axis and my Ascendant is in Leo. I have these intense desires for him, but he also fulfill my spiritual needs as well. I'm very complicated. I have a stellium in Pisces and his Pisces moon conjuncts all of my personal planets there including my Sun. Which makes a sun-moon conjunction <3. Another double whammy, my moon which I'm pretty sure is in Libra conjuncts his Sun as well in Libra. He's dreamy! <3

I can see the intense attraction toward one another. Those are a lot of powerful attractors and they are all very emotionally and romantically intense. (This is not just because of those specific interaspects, but because of them in relation to the rough sketch I got of each natal from what you shared.)

But this just refers to the extremely high level of emotional attraction. You need to look at both natals too because I suspect there's more going on. Definitely look at what's happening between your saturns, pluto, and mars, because those will show more of the long-term potential (again, this is due to each natal, not due to those planets in general.)

You are emotionally controlling and obsessive in romantic relationships, and typically that can be a problem. But there's a chance this guy might actually like it that way....tough to say though without looking at his natal. (And no, I'm not asking for his natal right now.....I'm too busy. Just passing on some pointers so you can do your own analysis.)

theoddone

Thank you, Sadge.

Are connections to the angles in general considered soul mate connections, especially if personal planets touch them?

In regards to IC connections occurring between families, I have an Aquarius IC and no one in my family has Aquarius planets that touch it. However, I have friends who have Aqua planets touching my IC and also my NN (it's conjunct the IC). No idea how that happened. *Shrug*

Okay...I'm updating this particular response because I happened to look at my maternal grandmother's natal chart and ran a synastry chart between us. Guess what? I found that her Aquarius Venus is right on my IC. She's the only family member of mine that has that connection with me. I was pretty close to her and unfortunately she passed away in March 2016 from cancer. I still think about her all the time and see her in my dreams.

If IC connections are like that, it will be heartbreaking to get to know people with personal planets that touch my IC, only for them to leave and never hear from them again. :sad: