What makes someone look young (younger than their age) in astrology?

waybread

Clearly genetics play a role. And so many other things. A young person can smoke and not have it show up in her face, but look at someone who has smoked all her life, and by middle age, you can start to see an accelerated ageing process.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=smok...IJI7nigKEw4HYCA&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=653

ditto for certain types of drug use, like methamphetamine.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=effe...5Cc7xigKAvIDABQ&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=653

Fair-skinned people who spend a lot of time in the sun without protecting their skin can also develop premature wrinkles, age spots, &c.

Conversely, older people who eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and maintain a healthy lifestyle can look more youthful than their peers.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/242679.php

These sorts of proclivities should appear in the horoscope. Neptune, for example, rules smoking and drugs. The skin is ruled by Saturn, and the 6th house generally indicates one's state of health.

Flapjacks

Yes and how they chose to express certain energies ie how it manifests in their enviornment... more access to money generally better fitness, nutrition, creams and so forth.

I can get behind this one, although it's interesting how one can "act" younger, and look older, but still be perceived as younger because of their behavior, and then visa versa.

I would think that would be the difference between ASC/aspects to ASC and the ruler's placement, and the emphasis of the chart overall.

My sister acts younger than she is even though she doesn't physically look younger. She is a perpetual teenager, flirtatious and moody and quirky in a youthful way despite being in her 40's -- still getting gumballs out of gumball machines and "rebelling" against social expectations. Even though I'm 15 years younger than her, when we're together I always feel like I'm the older one, and there have been comments to this effect.

She has Taurus Rising, Saturn Rx in the 1st house opposed to Venus in Scorpio 7th house, Scorpio Moon conjunct Jupiter, Virgo Mercury/Mars/Pluto conjunct, and Libra Sun and Uranus conjunct 16 minutes. All planets (except Saturn) are in the 6th and 7th houses, in either Virgo, Libra or Scorpio. Saturn is the "handle" to a fan configuration, and the only Rx planet.

My mother looks young for her age and people are often surprised about her age (49). I don't remember any specifics about her chart, but she is a Virgo with a Scorpio rising.

Also, I think saturn in aspect to venus slows aging, for sure. I look very young for my age (people regularly think I'm in my 20's, but I am in my 40's). I do have gemini rising and I am a virgo sun (scorpio moon). Mercury aspects the majority of planets in my chart from its place in the sign of virgo in the 4th house. I also have saturn conjunct venus with one degree orb in Leo in the 4th house. Saturn in such close relation to venus has given me a very tough life. But, I think he is making me age slowly as well. He has to give a gift for everything else he puts us through, I guess. Hope this helps!

PlutoLibScoAsc

I myself have been told many times I look younger than my age. I think it is from my Saturn in 1st house and my airy libra asc and gemini moon.

obsidianmineral

I don't think there are any aspects that can make someone look younger than their age. It's just genetics. I have always looked way younger than I am. I looked like a 12 year old from age 14 to 16. I didn't grow up until I was 17, and people nowadays tell me I look 17, when I'm in fact 20.I don't know anybody else with a develepment as slow as mine. I looked like a 9 year old when I was 12 and so forth. Growing up I was always the least tall, and now I'm definitely not the shortest guy. I have looked lean and skinny most of my life. Only when I started working out did I get bigger muscles, but I've pretty much a low fat percentage. However, I still look skinny even with the exercise I've done. I've had occasional bone pains, especially around my legs. My parents also look younger, but there isn't an aspect or placement we all have in common. I've got Venus in the 10th, but that's as far as it goes with placements you guys have mentioned, along with my ascendant ruler being Moon in Libra.

Mmm, you know, maaaybe it could be that Saturn can delay aging if it has some sort of aspect with a significator of appearance, such as the ascendant or a planet in the 10th, but I don't think just a dominant Mercury or air rising sign can make you look younger by itself. In my case, I pretty much think my young looks are due to genetics. My Mom is 51 and looks 35, while my dad is 57 and looks 45, I'd say.

Last edited:

Kevin Stierne

Interesting observation, Saturn aspecting Venus. Only for women though, I guess.

What about Moon in the 5th house, anyone? I´ve heard it grants youth.