Transiting Saturn opposite Moon

Catia

Hi,
Does anybody know about this transit? Next year Saturn transiting my 4th house will be opposing my natal Moon in 10th.

What kind of challenges might be associated with this transit?

JUPITERASC

Hi,
Does anybody know about this transit? Next year Saturn transiting my 4th house will be opposing my natal Moon in 10th.

That's dependent on the sign and house location of Natal Moon's ruler
as well as the sign and house location of transiting Saturn's ruler in the natal chart
:smile:

Catia

That's dependent on the sign and house location of Natal Moon's ruler
as well as the sign and house location of transiting Saturn's ruler in the natal chart
:smile:

JupiterAsc, I am well aware that a transit depends on many things such as houses (which I indicated), signs, rulers of signs/houses or other simultaneous transits occurring at that time. I have been studying transits for some time now and I’m aware of transits’ complexity.

However, I also DO believe there are general themes independent of these conditions. Otherwise we wouldn’t be able to interpret ANY aspect, would it be transit, progression, natal chart aspect etc. Or interpretations would vary enormously depending on a chart. They do vary, that’s true, but the same themes DO repeat. At least that’s my point of view I will be defending. And that’s what you can read on this forum as well.

It is not the first time that you reply: “well, it depends on many things”. OF COURSE IT DOES. I appreciate your help but please, respect that I believe one can find general themes in any transit and refrain from giving similar comments to my posts.

JUPITERASC

JupiterAsc, I am well aware that a transit depends on many things such as houses (which I indicated),
signs, rulers of signs/houses or other simultaneous transits occurring at that time.
I have been studying transits for some time now and I’m aware of transits’ complexity.

However, I also DO believe there are general themes independent of these conditions.
Otherwise we wouldn’t be able to interpret ANY aspect, would it be transit, progression, natal chart aspect etc.
Or interpretations would vary enormously depending on a chart. They do vary, that’s true, but the same themes DO repeat.
At least that’s my point of view I will be defending.
And that’s what you can read on this forum as well.

It is not the first time that you reply: “well, it depends on many things”. OF COURSE IT DOES.
I appreciate your help but please, respect that I believe one can find general themes in any transit and refrain from giving similar comments to my posts.
The "general theme" then in relation to transiting Saturn opposite natal Moon
is one of "general friction" between the two planets concerned

'....This friction brings difficulties and problems,
which may be psychological, environmental or a combination of the two.
In coping with these problems many people experience failure,
but some will be driven to overcome their difficulties
and in the process develop their astrological potential....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html :smile:

Frisiangal

Hi,

However, I also DO believe there are general themes independent of these conditions. Otherwise we wouldn’t be able to interpret ANY aspect, would it be transit, progression, natal chart aspect etc.

I believe we can assume that this means that transiting Saturn will be in Sagittarius opposing a natal 10th house Gemini Moon?
This would also mean that transiting Jupiter in Virgo will square natal Moon? From a 12th house; a 1st house? Is Jupiter ruler of the I.C.? This will all be important because the effect of this transit may well signify and determine how Saturn's functional nature will manifest.

Jupiter versus Saturn - optimism versus pessimism; trust versus cautiousness; confidence versus disappointment; belief versus physical manifestation; expansion versus restriction; knowledge through training versus mastered skill; certificate versus degree.
Yet both can provide the other with what is necessary to bring about a positive effect.

Transit Jupiter through Virgo may mean 'tightening the belt' for a while. Sufficient essentials rather than extravagence.

Bring in the Moon and the feelings are involved. Through Gemini these can become nervy and changeable as an individual sees that 10th house outer circumstances are undergoing a change. Transiting Saturn might bring about a 'stick at 4th house home' situation just as easily as signifying a no longer tolerable situation there. This could bring about a 'mental depression' OR enable the individual to see the situation as it really is and find Jupiter's good side to do something about it.
E.g. There's a big difference between a young adult leaving home to find their own way, against someone having a change in career prospects that could have an effect upon property, against someone whose 'spiritual' path undergoes either doubts or proof through events.

And how are other areas in the chart being effected, or undergoing progressions etc.?

So it's not difficult to understand the reasoning behind Jupiter Asc.'s meant well comments. :smile:

Catia

Bring in the Moon and the feelings are involved. Through Gemini these can become nervy and changeable as an individual sees that 10th house outer circumstances are undergoing a change. Transiting Saturn might bring about a 'stick at 4th house home' situation just as easily as signifying a no longer tolerable situation there. This could bring about a 'mental depression' OR enable the individual to see the situation as it really is and find Jupiter's good side to do something about it.
E.g. There's a big difference between a young adult leaving home to find their own way, against someone having a change in career prospects that could have an effect upon property, against someone whose 'spiritual' path undergoes either doubts or proof through events.

Thanks Frisiangal :)

Well, there will be A LOT going on in all my charts during that time and obviously all these transits will have their impact so I am aware everything will affect the general picture. You are right, Jupiter is the ruler of the 4th house and it will square the Moon in Gemini but only for a very short period of time.
I didn’t want to bother anyone with the natal chart with transits as there are a lot of stuff but basically there will be an interplay between tr Jupiter on ASC/Sun, Saturn on IC/opp Moon and square Sun, and Neptune near DSC square Moon. Plus tr Pluto trine Sun in the 1st.

However, for several reasons, I am particularly interested in Saturn in 4th house opposite Moon.

On a different astrology forum people mostly reported having some issues with home environment, depression, security issues and some problems with mother or both parents. My current life situation clearly indicates that I am very likely to encounter some of these problems as well when the transit takes place. Obviously what happened to others might not happen to me but it's always good to know how the transit might manifest and how to cope with it.

Last edited:

Msariel

Hello Catia,
I'm interested how the transit went :) I'm bracing myself for a Saturn in 4th opp Moon this next year too... I'd love to hear your experience!

Moldavite89

My friend met the love of her life during this transit... transit Saturn opposing her moon..
To top it she has Pluto trine black moon LIlith...

Angelo

I want to tell you a personal experience that happened to me when Saturn, in transit, opposed my natal moon. I am from another country and I am using a translator to write here.
When that happened, I was 14 years old. It was in December 2001.
I have the moon in Sagittarius in house 2. Saturn was going through the sign of Gemini in my house 8.
I used to watch a certain soap opera every day on television. When the traffic began, there appeared a "striking" and fascinating character who deeply touched me. I was strongly influenced by him as his personality and attitudes represented everything that I wanted to be, in my heart. I had never seen anything like it and was obsessed with it. I wanted to act like him, be like him and I started to review a lot of my attitudes and that turned out to be very good for me.
Remember that the sign of Gemini also governs the media (eg, television ...) and was where Saturn was when this transit happened.