Antiscia and Parallel in Horary

ellie04

Have you seen horaries that these bring a YES answer?

I saw in John Frawley's book he cited an e.g., but it was Moon applying Antiscia to a main sig.

How about the two main sigs in antiscia + parallel? Is this also a YES?

Aria Venue

Yes in horary we consider always antiscia-contrantiscia. As with the regular aspects, antiscial contacts can either show influence, or an event, in which case these aspects have to perfect, just like any bodily aspect.We don't move antiscia however. Regarding parallel i always keep an eye on them, but till now i haven't seen parallels given the same weight in horary as the major Ptolemaic aspects and I have not found parallels to be consistently useful in determining the outcome of horary questions as Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson mentions in her book

ellie04

Hi Aria
Thanks for replying to my query.

The horary qn was if X & Y who are seeing each other will progress into a committed, longterm r/s. The 2 main sigs are in Antiscia (Sagittarius 11°42' and Capricorn 18°18') and parallel (22°11'11" S and 22° 5'58" S).

Does this give a likely 'yes'?

In addition, Moon in Pisces 1H is applying square to L7 sig. I know some take square as a 'no' but Frawley says square can still bring things together although with difficulties/delays so it may mean more effort is required.

Aria Venue

Hi Aria
Thanks for replying to my query.

The horary qn was if X & Y who are seeing each other will progress into a committed, longterm r/s. The 2 main sigs are in Antiscia (Sagittarius 11°42' and Capricorn 18°18') and parallel (22°11'11" S and 22° 5'58" S).

Does this give a likely 'yes'?

In addition, Moon in Pisces 1H is applying square to L7 sig. I know some take square as a 'no' but Frawley says square can still bring things together although with difficulties/delays so it may mean more effort is required.

Obviously i can't judge a chart without seeing it..horary is not judged this way..it depends on many things..your question is not:"will i take this Job?"...where an aspect is necessary it's quite different and in horary the way we approach each chart depends on the context and how this question was asked..in such a type of a question as you described the main issue is the reception between two parties, their willing and power to act, their pom...etc

Last edited:

ellie04

I understand we have to judge the whole chart. I just want to know the significance of the antiscia between the 2 main significators.

Aria Venue

I understand we have to judge the whole chart. I just want to know the significance of the antiscia between the 2 main significators.

in this type of question, none ...the perfection of the aspect, antiscia or non-antiscia is not so important.I told you what is important and where we focus mainly
it all depends on the specific context