Uranus opposite moon transit question

kai

I just met a guy who hasn't been in a relationship for a while. I like him too and he asked me out on a date but he's having Uranus opposite moon transit right now, which will last another year or something like that. Anyways, so I was reading the meaning behind such transit and I kept seeing only negativity associated with the transit mainly about the break up of relationships. Well, but if a man hasn't been in one for a while, then how would that affect him? Is there a possibility that in such situations where the person is already single, the transit could mean the complete opposite...i.e. meeting someone?

What have been some of your own experiences related to U opp. the M so far? Anyone who has met someone new during the transit? Unfortunately, I don't know his birth time, but I know his birth date, so I chose 12 noon to give me a general idea of the natal aspects and the transits, as I have noticed that those don't change regardless of the time he was born that day.

Currently, I have Saturn trine Venus and Mars (Venus and Mars are tightly conjunct in my natal chart) and I will be soon having Saturn trine my natal Moon with Saturn actually transiting my 7th house. There is a 11-12 year age difference between us so I am assuming that the Saturn is playing its role. I am going to have Venus retro in 5th house for over a month soon and my Jupiter will be transferring through my 5th shortly. It's weird but I felt such a connection to him and i think it was sexual. I later checked and noticed that he has his Venus in Taurus, which is my Acendant sign, so I am assuming that this was the case because I read that where Venus is, it's what the man is attracted to in a woman and in this case I am Taurus rising with the ruler Venus. In a few months I will have progressed moon conjunct my natal Pluto, which I learned that is my 7th house Scorpio ruler. Would this progression also play a role in this sudden meeting and infatuation over this older man? He's not great looking, but I feel a strong sexual connection to him after the first meeting and I am glad that he liked me too. My solar return this year has Mars, venus, uranus in 8th house with solar return mars conjuncting my natal venus and I also have Pluto and vertex in 5th house in SR. My SR juno is also conjunct my natal moon, so could this mean a marriage for me by any chance? I ask this because my SR descendant is conjunct my natal juno too, plus my SR ASC is radix 5th house cusp, with SR PoF conjunct my natal DSC.

Would love to hear your thought on this, particularly about Uranus opposite moon transit for that man that I just met. Thank you for your time.

Osamenor

Staff member
I just met a guy who hasn't been in a relationship for a while. I like him too and he asked me out on a date but he's having Uranus opposite moon transit right now, which will last another year or something like that. Anyways, so I was reading the meaning behind such transit and I kept seeing only negativity associated with the transit mainly about the break up of relationships. Well, but if a man hasn't been in one for a while, then how would that affect him? Is there a possibility that in such situations where the person is already single, the transit could mean the complete opposite...i.e. meeting someone?
Not all relationships are romantic. If a transit indicates breakup of a relationship, it might be a non-romantic relationship that breaks up: friendship, business partnership, mentor/protegee relationship, etc. It all depends on several factors: what's going on in this person's life, what other transits are happening at the same time, and how they react to those energies in their life. A transit that could indicate a relationship breakup doesn't always result in a relationship breaking up. All transits have multiple possible manifestations.

Furthermore, Uranus more generally indicates a shakeup and change. What area of your love interest's life is affected depends on which of his houses Uranus is transiting, and which his moon is in--and to know that, you would need to know his birth time. It might not be personal relationships at all. It might be home life, work life, etc. Maybe he'll lose his job all of a sudden, or suddenly get promoted, or suddenly have to move out of his house, or get a new roommate, or something like that.

I've never had a Uranus opposition to my moon--that's still about 13-15 years down the road for me--but I did have an astrological reading several years ago in which I was told that my current transits could indicate the breakup of a relationship. I forget exactly what those transits were, but I was in a romantic relationship, and it did not break up. What did break up was a non-romantic relationship. I had a falling out with a mentor who betrayed my trust.

Lin

Osamenor:
You took the words out of my mouth.....LOL

I was just going to tell the OP that "relationships" cover a LOT of ground.

AND when it's opposite the Moon the upset, chaos and unpredictability can be with one's SELF too.
Also....the house and sign the moon is in.....and also the house the moon rules....these areas will be subject to Uranian unpredictability and possibly chaos and extreme change.

This is NOT a good time to begin a relationship with a man with this transit. ESPECIALLY with his being in a relationship.
He needs to work this issue OUT for possibly karmic reasons and you don't want to embroil yourself in it...believe me.
LIN

Osamenor

Staff member
This is NOT a good time to begin a relationship with a man with this transit. ESPECIALLY with his being in a relationship.
He needs to work this issue OUT for possibly karmic reasons and you don't want to embroil yourself in it...believe me.
LIN

The OP said the guy she's interested in is not in a relationship and hasn't been in one for a while. Did you perhaps confuse her post with mine?

kai

Not all relationships are romantic. If a transit indicates breakup of a relationship, it might be a non-romantic relationship that breaks up: friendship, business partnership, mentor/protegee relationship, etc. It all depends on several factors: what's going on in this person's life, what other transits are happening at the same time, and how they react to those energies in their life. A transit that could indicate a relationship breakup doesn't always result in a relationship breaking up. All transits have multiple possible manifestations.

Furthermore, Uranus more generally indicates a shakeup and change. What area of your love interest's life is affected depends on which of his houses Uranus is transiting, and which his moon is in--and to know that, you would need to know his birth time. It might not be personal relationships at all. It might be home life, work life, etc. Maybe he'll lose his job all of a sudden, or suddenly get promoted, or suddenly have to move out of his house, or get a new roommate, or something like that.

I've never had a Uranus opposition to my moon--that's still about 13-15 years down the road for me--but I did have an astrological reading several years ago in which I was told that my current transits could indicate the breakup of a relationship. I forget exactly what those transits were, but I was in a romantic relationship, and it did not break up. What did break up was a non-romantic relationship. I had a falling out with a mentor who betrayed my trust.

Very informative, thank you!

kai

Osamenor:
You took the words out of my mouth.....LOL

I was just going to tell the OP that "relationships" cover a LOT of ground.

AND when it's opposite the Moon the upset, chaos and unpredictability can be with one's SELF too.
Also....the house and sign the moon is in.....and also the house the moon rules....these areas will be subject to Uranian unpredictability and possibly chaos and extreme change.

LIN

He hasn't been in a relationship for a while otherwise I would never see a man who's unavailable. So that's where I assumed that his Uranus opposite moon transit would indicate that "shake up" in relationships and a change in his emotional life, which he didn't encounter prior to meeting me. So I was trying to figure whether it's possible if this 'breakup transit' as it's known, could play the opposite role as in a shake up in this life concerning his emotions/relationship having met someone he's interested in. Thanks for the clarification about what that uranus opp the moon could manifest.

Lin

Sorry....of course I read the post too fast....
But actually my advice is the same. I have seen this dynamic before....one or the other person is undergoing a negative or chaotic opposition or square....
for those who might be attracted to someone in conflict, this situation is tempting.

But usually this situation ends up with a built in ending. The person the man is attractd to while undergoing this transit may not be the person he is attracted to when the transit has passed.

So if you do begin a relationship with him under these circumstances, be prepared.

Also: I need to see the chart....because Pluto, Neptune and other planets are important too at the beginning of a new relationship.
LIN

Osamenor

Staff member
He hasn't been in a relationship for a while otherwise I would never see a man who's unavailable. So that's where I assumed that his Uranus opposite moon transit would indicate that "shake up" in relationships and a change in his emotional life, which he didn't encounter prior to meeting me. So I was trying to figure whether it's possible if this 'breakup transit' as it's known, could play the opposite role as in a shake up in this life concerning his emotions/relationship having met someone he's interested in.
Uranus brings change, but it doesn't say what kind of change. It also depends on the other transits that are happening, and on the person. There's at least one more powerful transit right now that's likely to be affecting everyone affected by this Uranus transit, and perhaps also bring some Uranus effect to more people than you might think: Jupiter is transiting Leo and currently forming a trine with Uranus. And at this very moment, Venus and Jupiter are about as closely conjunct as they can possibly be.

If he has any planets in mid to late Leo, the Jupiter transit would be hitting them, and Uranus would be trining them if they're around 18-22 degrees. If he has any planets around that degree of Sagittarius, Jupiter/Venus and Uranus would be forming a grand trine with them. And if he has planets that can be sextiled, squared, or opposed by any of those positions, that's also a factor.

If Uranus is in opposition with his moon, Jupiter and Venus are sextiling it right now. That changes the flavor of the opposition somewhat. How, and what that might mean in practical terms, I don't know for sure, but I would think love could be part of the picture with Venus being involved. It would be an even stronger indicator if his natal Venus is involved in this aspect, too.

How these aspects are affecting your chart is also a factor. So far, you've mentioned the transit he's having, but said nothing about your own. So what's going on for you right now? Do you have anything in your chart that Uranus and/or Jupiter/Venus would be strongly aspecting?

I met someone I wound up in a ten year relationship with on the very day that Pluto formed an exact conjunction with my natal moon. And I have a moon/Venus square in my natal chart, so a conjunction with my moon was also a square with my Venus. I have no idea if Pluto conjunct moon and square Venus is supposed to be good or bad for relationships, but it ended up being a good relationship aspect for me. I'm not sure what other transits were happening then, but it's got to be significant that I met him on that particular day... after a mutual friend had been trying to fix us up for almost a month. Incidentally, Pluto was conjunct the moon in my twelfth house and squaring Venus in the eighth.

Sorry....of course I read the post too fast....
But actually my advice is the same. I have seen this dynamic before....one or the other person is undergoing a negative or chaotic opposition or square....
for those who might be attracted to someone in conflict, this situation is tempting.

But usually this situation ends up with a built in ending. The person the man is attractd to while undergoing this transit may not be the person he is attracted to when the transit has passed.

So if you do begin a relationship with him under these circumstances, be prepared.
LIN
Considering that there's at least one other powerful transit involved in this, making a softer aspect to his moon, is this really a negative or chaotic opposition?

In any case, I would think this level of caution would be appropriate if he'd asked you to marry him, but he didn't ask you that, he just asked you for a date. You like him, he's single and available, and you apparently are, too. And you haven't said if you're looking for a longterm, serious relationship, or possibly something shorter and less serious... but in any case, when you're only at the stage of contemplating the first date, you can't know which it will end up being. One date doesn't equal a relationship... so why not at least go on a date with him, and take it from there?

In fact, Uranus is all about that kind of ambiguity, and so is Jupiter. They're teaming up right now, which, I would think, would make it a good time for just about anyone to take a leap of faith... especially in love matters, since Venus is involved.

My experience of this was as a single person who met someone of a considerable age difference, very uranian as in different from anyone I’d usually date and I had been quite happily single & not looking to date. So very unexpected (Uranus). Big emotional highs and lows (I had Pluto squaring the moon at the same time 😭) but a love affair not to be forgotten 🥰 Traditional interpretations played out for me: as in if your single you can meet someone suddenly that can be of an age difference or a different culture or background from yourself; it may be unstable and not long lasting (depending on other transits & influences); it will have a profound change in your emotions and may also impact on your family and home life situation (priorities may change).

Fz hb

I have been going through this transit for a while. My natal moon, venus and pluto are conjunct in 4th. So this Uranus opposing the stellium is effecting all the natal aspects that this stellium makes and the houses these planets rule. Affected houses are 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th,7th, 8th, 10th and 11th. Planets activated by this are moon, venus, pluto, Saturn, Neptune, and mars.
It's a phase of uncertainty in terms of career, home, relationships, finances, and my sense of self is afloat because of all the changes. Uranus in Aries isn't comfortable for Uranus anyway so it's shaking things up in a very uncomfortable manner.
I have never been in a relationship and I don't see any miracles happening anytime soon either so whatever Uranus is shaking up is pushing me further down the abyss.
I am not sure if my posting here 4 years after you is going to help you find any answers. I am following this thread to see what I should prepare myself for.