About fixed stars

Summery Joy

Hey folks!

So, who here uses fixed stars in their horary interpretations? How important are they in your opinion?

Cap

Hey folks!

So, who here uses fixed stars in their horary interpretations? How important are they in your opinion?

I use them but I think they are of secondary importance in horary. I think fixed stars can give deeper understanding of what planets tend to represent in the chart. If every question is asked just in the right moment to enable the chart to produce the accurate answer then it is no coincidence if some planet, or cusp or lot happens to be on particular fixed star. I use tight orbs (1 degree) except for few major stars.

If you are going to use Robson's explanations http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm beware that meanings of the particular planets in conjunctions with the stars were meant for natal astrology. For horary it is enough to consider general influence of the star.

Cap

There are 4 royal stars (watchers of the directions)

Aldebaran - current location 10 GEM
Regulus (heart of a Lion) - 0 VIR
Antares (heart of a Scorpio) - 10 SAG
Fomalhaut - 4 PIS

and the most notorious star Caput Algol - 27 TAU

To these you may allow 2-3 degrees orb of influence in horary.

Other notable stars (with current longitude according to my software):

Scheat - 0 ARI
Alcyone - 0 GEM
Rigel -17 GEM
Bellatrix - 21 GEM
Polaris and Betelguese - 29 GEM
Sirius - 14 CAN
Castor - 21 CAN
Pollux - 24 CAN
Proycon - 26 CAN
Alphard and Adhafera - 28 LEO
Zosma - 12 VIR
Denebola - 22 VIR
Vindemiatrix - 10 LIB
Spica - 24 LIB
Arcturus - 25 LIB
Acrux - 10 SCO
Zuben Elgenubi (Southern Scale) - 15 SCO
Zuben Eschemali (Northern Scale) - 20 SCO
Unukalhai (Serpentis) - 22 SCO
Vega - 16 CAP
Markab - 24 PIS

I'm sure I forgot to mention some important star in this list :whistling:. Most astro softwares can display conjunctions with the stars.

Very good list with short descriptions, only positions of the stars are out of date:

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/fwa/stars.html

Last edited:

RayAustin

Hey folks!

To answer you directly OP, I use them only if they are conjunct significators or notable points, with the royal ones being most emphatic. Unless it's a royal star I use it as a secondary influence and a hint towards more background information. I see that similarly in natal charts, a royal star can significantly influence the outcome in either a positive or negative direction, despite what the rest of the chart says..but it will not overrule anything--whatever else is said in the chart still stands.

Vista

Everyone,

Let's keep this on topic. I think there are misunderstandings going on and before things get more heated, I have erased the inflammatory and defensive comments.

RayAustin, welcome back!

Vista

wilsontc

Staff member
Back on topic, to All

All,

Joy asked:

If you don't use fixed stars in your horary interpretations do NOT respond to this thread. I have deleted all off-topic responses.

Back on topic,

Tim

lANE

I don't know if this will interest you or not, but I was born with Caput Algol conjunct the midheaven, as was my mother's sun. She was very abusive and rejecting, as was my older sister. I had 4 personal planets in Cancer, and took this mighty hard to say the least. All of my life I was told I was "depressed" and was also overweight because of "depression". Five yrs ago I went to three good diagnostician's in a row who told me I had PTSD. I finally believed it, got off anti depressants and got tx specially for PTSD (EMDR) and am doing pretty well for the first time in my life , and I was 67 last July.If you read into the Seven Sisters (Pleaides) you will see that they represent female power. In my case the Algol star was very relevant to my life. Also, my friend remained married to an alcoholic, even though therapists warned it would cause the same behavior in his daughter. The girl was joyriding , all three teenagers were drunk, and she was killed on the day my mother was born. Two bad examples of the stars influence, I feel.

RayAustin

I don't know if this will interest you or not, but I was born with Caput Algol conjunct the midheaven, as was my mother's sun. She was very abusive and rejecting, as was my older sister. I had 4 personal planets in Cancer, and took this mighty hard to say the least. All of my life I was told I was "depressed" and was also overweight because of "depression". Five yrs ago I went to three good diagnostician's in a row who told me I had PTSD. I finally believed it, got off anti depressants and got tx specially for PTSD (EMDR) and am doing pretty well for the first time in my life , and I was 67 last July.If you read into the Seven Sisters (Pleaides) you will see that they represent female power. In my case the Algol star was very relevant to my life. Also, my friend remained married to an alcoholic, even though therapists warned it would cause the same behavior in his daughter. The girl was joyriding , all three teenagers were drunk, and she was killed on the day my mother was born. Two bad examples of the stars influence, I feel.

Interesting. Every time Algol ends up conjunct a quesited house (if it represents a person), it usually rings true about substance abuse, usually alcohol.

Vista

That's quite fascinating! Sorry you went through this. I haven't studied Algol much however my friend had it conjunct her natal Moon in the 12 th house. She went through years of theraphy. She suffered terriblepost partum depression and killed herself 4 months after the birth of her baby.

Last edited: