Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Kite

Does anyone know what issues this can cause? Has anyone got any experiences they can share with this?

I have Chiron in 8th house and it squares my moon and north node. I’m scared about getting too physically intimate with anyone. I wonder if it’s Chiron. I don’t know how to overcome this.

Sounds like fear of exposure in general e.g. where is your chart? Are you afraid to expose yourself in that manner as well?

Hkk

Account Closed
I feel the same way as you and funny because I have Chiron in Virgo not Taurus as you
And I have it with Venus in there and to make it worse Chiron and Venus are opposite to Saturn in the 2nd
I have so many fears is very difficult

Sending you positive vibes

Thank you 🙏 positive vibes right back at you 😍
What difficulties do you personally find you have. If your not comfortable you can pm me. It would be good to share this if anything but to just understand and see that we are not alone in this journey

Hkk

Account Closed
Sounds like fear of exposure in general e.g. where is your chart? Are you afraid to expose yourself in that manner as well?

I’ve had my chart on here before but took it off for various reasons. Fear of exposure yes. I resonate. I thought 8th house wasn’t sex but body parts which just got me confused. But it is intimacy right?

Kite

I’ve had my chart on here before but took it off for various reasons. Fear of exposure yes. I resonate. I thought 8th house wasn’t sex but body parts which just got me confused. But it is intimacy right?

The 8th house is one of the most misunderstood houses in astrology. Ask 10 astrologers to define the 8th house and you'll get 11 answers.

I think fear of exposure relates to Saturn --probably with a hard Mars aspect. But unless I can see your chart, I can only speculate. If you want to PM me your data, I can take a look at what's going on.

Osamenor

Staff member
I thought 8th house wasn’t sex but body parts which just got me confused. But it is intimacy right?

It's all of those, and more.

Every house rules certain body parts. The eighth gets the sexual ones. The eighth is also sex, sexuality, taboos in general, death, taxes, other people's money, shared resources, and a few other things.

Kite

Every house rules certain body parts. The eighth gets the sexual ones. The eighth is also sex, sexuality, taboos in general, death, taxes, other people's money, shared resources, and a few other things.

And Traditional astrologers would give sex to the 5th house where procreation takes place...just an example of the different answers you get regarding that wild and crazy house. I have Jupiter there and I keep waiting for an inheritance but my south node conjunct my part of fortune in 4 denies me. Oh well.

Osamenor

Staff member
And Traditional astrologers would give sex to the 5th house where procreation takes place...just an example of the different answers you get regarding that wild and crazy house.

And traditional astrologers don't use Chiron. Which is the subject of this thread.

Hkk

Account Closed

Tax as well! I feel the whole country have these issues lol but on a serious note I get all this. Taboos and all the other stuff I don’t have any issues with if I’m being honest. Just what I’ve already mentioned. The only person that can help me is ME and work on my issues. I won’t forget what you said and how you put it across to me O. In 5 years it can be better than it is now. Just like 5 years ago I wasn’t as confident as I am now in that area. Just takes times.

Hkk

Account Closed
The 8th house is one of the most misunderstood houses in astrology. Ask 10 astrologers to define the 8th house and you'll get 11 answers.

I think fear of exposure relates to Saturn --probably with a hard Mars aspect. But unless I can see your chart, I can only speculate. If you want to PM me your data, I can take a look at what's going on.

Thank you Kite. Thanks for the offer of looking at my chart. That’s kind of you 😊

Kite

My natal chart attached above

Hi Hkk - please forgive some traditional delineation but it does relate to Chiron.

There a couple of significant things that may be causing your intimacy issues. First is that Venus - the ruler of your Ascendant is perigrine. This means it is out of sorts - feels like a wanderer - without a home. Since Chiron is in Taurus, Venus also rules that sign so I imagine Chiron feels that sense of physical/bodily exposure to the elements. The position in 8 heightens the fear of death/transformation and yes - sex in that way that your consciousness is fused with another in a kind of little death as others have put it.

The other issue as I suggested earlier deals with your Saturn and Mars. Both of the planets are square by sign (Libra and Cap) however they are both in exaltation which helps defuse the conflict somewhat between protecting yourself (Saturn) and assertive action from others (Mars which rules your 7th house of partner/relationship). Both planets are dignified essentially and accidentally by being in angular houses. Here is the problem - Mars in Capricorn is welcomed in Saturn's house as he rules Capricorn. Saturn does not welcome Mars into his Libra house because Libra is the opposite sign of Mars' domicile Aries. So in essence, your first house Saturn is repulsed by the assertive actions of Mars - be it from family since Mars is in the 4th house, by intimate partners in the 7th house or something to do with money or values that put you off (2nd house Scorpio).

So how do you deal with this? Awareness and de-sensitivity. A mantra I used when I was young when dealing with a feeling of a hostile world - was saying to myself - Nothing can harm me unless I permit it. Truly believing this really helped me get comfortable in my own skin. This might help you too.

Happy New Year - I hope this has been helpful.

Hkk

Account Closed
Hi Hkk - please forgive some traditional delineation but it does relate to Chiron.

There a couple of significant things that may be causing your intimacy issues. First is that Venus - the ruler of your Ascendant is perigrine. This means it is out of sorts - feels like a wanderer - without a home. Since Chiron is in Taurus, Venus also rules that sign so I imagine Chiron feels that sense of physical/bodily exposure to the elements. The position in 8 heightens the fear of death/transformation and yes - sex in that way that your consciousness is fused with another in a kind of little death as others have put it.

The other issue as I suggested earlier deals with your Saturn and Mars. Both of the planets are square by sign (Libra and Cap) however they are both in exaltation which helps defuse the conflict somewhat between protecting yourself (Saturn) and assertive action from others (Mars which rules your 7th house of partner/relationship). Both planets are dignified essentially and accidentally by being in angular houses. Here is the problem - Mars in Capricorn is welcomed in Saturn's house as he rules Capricorn. Saturn does not welcome Mars into his Libra house because Libra is the opposite sign of Mars' domicile Aries. So in essence, your first house Saturn is repulsed by the assertive actions of Mars - be it from family since Mars is in the 4th house, by intimate partners in the 7th house or something to do with money or values that put you off (2nd house Scorpio).

So how do you deal with this? Awareness and de-sensitivity. A mantra I used when I was young when dealing with a feeling of a hostile world - was saying to myself - Nothing can harm me unless I permit it. Truly believing this really helped me get comfortable in my own skin. This might help you too.

Happy New Year - I hope this has been helpful.

Hey Kite,

Yes thank you for your help. It helps to understand the chart a little deeper.
Great way to explain my love life lol ‘a wanderer without a home’’. I’m glad I’m more of an optimistic than a pessimistic so I still have hope in my 💓 heart.
With Chiron in 8th yes I feel the exposure. More in myself than out there.

Happy new year 🥳 x

Last edited:

katydid

My Chiron 8th house placement created a very complicated issue during my adolescence.

I have the Moon@ 3Cap54.
I have Mars@7Cap19.
And Chiron@7Cap30. I am a Scorpio with Taurus rising.

Sag is on my 8th house cusp but that triple conjunction in Cap is in the 8th.

So Chiron is very tightly conjunct my Mars in the 8th, exalted in Cap.

When I was about 5 yrs old, my parents divorced. And my uncle began babysitting my brothers and I after school because my Mom had to get a job.

My uncle began grooming me, and eventually began molesting me and having me do sexual acts with him. :pouty: It went on for 3 years. :sad:

I never told anyone because there was so much family stress because of the divorce---I didn't want to add to the burden.

Also, my uncle convinced me it was my fault. SHAME and GUILT come along with being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. we are taught it was our fault and we would be blamed if anyone found out.

Thankfully my Mom remarried and found a wonderful husband and a loving StepDad for us. They moved us to a neighbouring town and that saved me.

When I went through puberty around age 13, I became hyper sexualised for my age. I was inappropriately sexual, I would have to say promiscuous. Although I didnt lose my virginity, until my senior year in high school to my boyfriend, I did
heavily flirt and go to 1st and w2nd and 3rd base, way too easily.

And later on, when I went to therapy for the child abuse memories, I was told that hyper sexualised childhoods and promiscuity is part of the damage done by the sexual abuse.

So my Chiron in the 8th did not make me scared of sexual intimacy---it made me addicted to it in inappropriate and compulsive ways...:devil::innocent:

Thank Goodness I got the help I needed when I was in college and was eventually able to have normal romantic relationships. Been married to my Aries husband, with Mars in Scorpio, for 37 years now. :wink:

Hkk

Account Closed
My Chiron 8th house placement created a very complicated issue during my adolescence.

I have the Moon@ 3Cap54.
I have Mars@7Cap19.
And Chiron@7Cap30. I am a Scorpio with Taurus rising.

Sag is on my 8th house cusp but that triple conjunction in Cap is in the 8th.

So Chiron is very tightly conjunct my Mars in the 8th, exalted in Cap.

When I was about 5 yrs old, my parents divorced. And my uncle began babysitting my brothers and I after school because my Mom had to get a job.

My uncle began grooming me, and eventually began molesting me and having me do sexual acts with him. :pouty: It went on for 3 years. :sad:

I never told anyone because there was so much family stress because of the divorce---I didn't want to add to the burden.

Also, my uncle convinced me it was my fault. SHAME and GUILT come along with being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. we are taught it was our fault and we would be blamed if anyone found out.

Thankfully my Mom remarried and found a wonderful husband and a loving StepDad for us. They moved us to a neighbouring town and that saved me.

When I went through puberty around age 13, I became hyper sexualised for my age. I was inappropriately sexual, I would have to say promiscuous. Although I didnt lose my virginity, until my senior year in high school to my boyfriend, I did
heavily flirt and go to 1st and w2nd and 3rd base, way too easily.

And later on, when I went to therapy for the child abuse memories, I was told that hyper sexualised childhoods and promiscuity is part of the damage done by the sexual abuse.

So my Chiron in the 8th did not make me scared of sexual intimacy---it made me addicted to it in inappropriate and compulsive ways...:devil::innocent:

Thank Goodness I got the help I needed when I was in college and was eventually able to have normal romantic relationships. Been married to my Aries husband, with Mars in Scorpio, for 37 years now. :wink:

Thanks for sharing. It’s not easy to share something like that and I’m glad you come thru it as a stronger person. God bless you!
Do you suffer with anything to do with 8th house Chiron now?

katydid

Thanks for sharing. It’s not easy to share something like that and I’m glad you come thru it as a stronger person. God bless you!
Do you suffer with anything to do with 8th house Chiron now?

Well, I did have a bad impact from the Sat/Pluto transit through my 8th, crossing over the Moon/Mars/Chiron. :annoyed:

We got audited by the IRS for write-offs on taxes from an earlier year. We hired tax attorney, did a lot of preparation, spent a lot of money, and lost our case. :unsure: We took a big financial hit.

I am A Scorpio with a Cap Moon. So Saturn/Pluto visiting my 8th was quite powerful. The audit came out of the blue and knocked the wind out of us. We are still paying it off.:andy:

Hkk

Account Closed
Well, I did have a bad impact from the Sat/Pluto transit through my 8th, crossing over the Moon/Mars/Chiron. :annoyed:

We got audited by the IRS for write-offs on taxes from an earlier year. We hired tax attorney, did a lot of preparation, spent a lot of money, and lost our case. :unsure: We took a big financial hit.

I am A Scorpio with a Cap Moon. So Saturn/Pluto visiting my 8th was quite powerful. The audit came out of the blue and knocked the wind out of us. We are still paying it off.:andy:

Omg 😮!!!! Do these 8th house themes happen a lot to you?

katydid

Omg 😮!!!! Do these 8th house themes happen a lot to you?

Ummm....maybe....:unsure:

It is a difficult triple conjunction. My moon is in it's fall in Cap, and not happy in the 8th. Then it is in an applying conjunction to an exalted Mars, which is tightly conjoined with Chiron in Cap. So it is not an easy placement.

When I was in college I had a very bad situation with a bad Uranus transit to that conjunction. I had a bad reaction to an IUD, creating an infection and then an abscess, on my Fallopian tubes, requiring surgery. Lost one of my tubes.:pinched:

So this conjunction has created some turmoil. But also many good things came from my 8th. :love: