Confusing chart: Sun-Sag, Asc - Leo, Moon - Cancer (A Yod and T-square)

ladrynka

Hi, guys!

Have been having a bit of rough few years involving pretty serious mental health issues and moderately serious physical health issues. Trying everything at the moment to figure out how to get my ducks in a row. I remembered an astrologer I came across a few years ago, making a few comments about the Cancer - Moon challenging the Sagittarius - Sun. I dismissed it at the time.

I've been trying to untangle the knot myself, but from planets to aspects, hosue placements, then sign placements, I cannot really understand anything about my chart and what is really important. Please, help? I will really appreciate it.

My chart is here: https://astro-charts.com/tools/birt...,+Bulgaria&date=1991-12-21+20-23&timeRadio=pm

Gemini888

First off, no, there is no yod or T-square in your chart.

Transit Saturn and Pluto are currently hoovering on your 6H and your Uranus/Neptune. Better take extra care for your health.

ladrynka

First off, no, there is no yod or T-square in your chart.

Transit Saturn and Pluto are currently hoovering on your 6H and your Uranus/Neptune. Better take extra care for your health.

Thanks for the response, Gemini888!

I've tried so many natal chart calculators that I'm a bit lost with some of the aspects. On some Chiron is in my 1st house(which apparently is not good), on other it's in the 12th. Can you suggest a reliable natal chart calculator.

I thought there was a T-square (a nasty one ) between Saturn opposing Chiron with focus on the MC (unless the MC without a planet does not count).

For the Yod (another one that shows up some charts and not in others. When I've seen it it's between Saturn Mercury and the Moon.

Saturn is in my 6th on my natal, does this mean i'm bound to have life-long health issues?

Gemini888

Thanks for the response, Gemini888!

I've tried so many natal chart calculators that I'm a bit lost with some of the aspects. On some Chiron is in my 1st house(which apparently is not good), on other it's in the 12th. Can you suggest a reliable natal chart calculator.

I thought there was a T-square (a nasty one ) between Saturn opposing Chiron with focus on the MC (unless the MC without a planet does not count).

For the Yod (another one that shows up some charts and not in others. When I've seen it it's between Saturn Mercury and the Moon.

Saturn is in my 6th on my natal, does this mean i'm bound to have life-long health issues?
I've seen people consider angles for grand trine, but I don't see anyone use angles for T-square often, probably because the four angles square each other by default. So I would be cautious and not consider the T-square. The yod is much more straightforward. The orb between Merc and Moon is too wide for an inconjunct.

You should go to Astro.com for a better chart. This is the go-to website for a lot of us astrologers.

Natal Saturn in 6H indicates a worrywart. You seem to be obsessed with routine and having everything figured out. I would guess this is why you don't do well when your mental health broke down.

Frisiangal

Hi, guys!

Have been having a bit of rough few years involving pretty serious mental health issues and moderately serious physical health issues..... I remembered an astrologer I came across a few years ago, making a few comments about the Cancer - Moon challenging the Sagittarius - Sun. I dismissed it at the time.

Hi,
When I read something regarding 'mental health' issues, I first look for any harsh link from Mercury (mind) with 1st (constitution) and 6th (physical ailments) houses and/or their rulers. When this shows nothing, I then look at the 3rd house, associated with in what manner the thinking process is effected in relating and communicating (3rd house) with its environment.

Leo and Capricorn are on the 1st and 6th house cusps,; Virgo (ruler Mercury) is on 3rd house cusp. There is no link between Mercury and Sun (psyche).
I would consider there to be YOD aspect between Moon-Mercury-Saturn (serious thinker), as Moon is within an extended 5* within orb aspect to Mercury. There's also a very close trine aspect between Mercury-Chiron.
My query? How so a mental health issue? Has an official diagnosis been given?

Virgo on 3rd house cusp can provide the 'nit-picking accuracy' tendency. Pens have to be lined so, everything has its place, and an individual can become uneasy/unsettled if their mental perception is criticised because it does not fall under what is considered 'normal'.
One could ask where does the line (Saturn) between normal end and 'ab'normal begin?

There is a Mutual reception aspect between Mercury in Jupiter's ruling sign ( Sagittarius) and Jupiter in Mercury's ruling sign(Virgo), which can be associated with a tendency to (under)exaggerate situations, especially when it comes to applying mental self confidence. With the addition of Mars, the ' (in)attention' to detail could add its influence [AD(H)D]. The mind works faster than others' do, and/or it goes off on a tangent to reach an answer whilst someone else is still pondering the question. A Mars in Sag. can be quick like the uncontrolled stallion on the run, yet also be hot-tempered and difficult to control. Yet does this signify 'a mental health issue'?

What could be suggestive is an 'emotional health' issue. There is an out of sign opposition, following a full Moon birth. I'm sure you don't howl at the Moon (feelings) when it's full, even with the 150* aspect to Pluto in Scorpio (compulsions). Yet the internal nature could become emotionally effected, anxious, or disturbed by anything that rocks its stability boat, through the 150* degree aspect with Saturn as ruler of the 6th house in it.

You could look up articles that give views upon (natal) Full Moon phases. Natal Moon is ahead of natal Sun, said to mean the internal desire to break away from parental ties and their influences. Saturn's stressful aspect to Moon could indicate 'ties that bind' and any stifling effect it produces.

Sagittarius is the sign of 'no holds barred' freedom of spirit and the incentive to leave the familiarity of internal/external home comforts. Moon in Cancer is exactly the opposite and internally experiences the need to feel safe and secure through its dependence upon others to provide it.

Moon is widely conjunct South Node in Cancer. Dependency is still strong.
The Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn generation are seeing everything that was once solid and lasting disintegrating. Capricorn's authority through and obligation from others is now being placed upon themselves; to find their own path to walk.

Natal Saturn is not included in the Capricorn influence. It is in its traditional ruling sign of Aquarius. Does it signify a trait that is still stuck in the old patterns and confines of a crumbling architecture? OR can it learn from the lessons gained through experience,and towards the structural re-building of a future free from (self-imposed) internal restraint?

:smile:

ladrynka

Hi,
When I read something regarding 'mental health' issues, I first look for any harsh link from Mercury (mind) with 1st (constitution) and 6th (physical ailments) houses and/or their rulers. When this shows nothing, I then look at the 3rd house, associated with in what manner the thinking process is effected in relating and communicating (3rd house) with its environment.

Hi, Frisiangal! Thank you for your in-depth response and your time! A lot of things you wrote cut right to the bone!

Leo and Capricorn are on the 1st and 6th house cusps,; Virgo (ruler Mercury) is on 3rd house cusp. There is no link between Mercury and Sun (psyche).
I would consider there to be YOD aspect between Moon-Mercury-Saturn (serious thinker), as Moon is within an extended 5* within orb aspect to Mercury. There's also a very close trine aspect between Mercury-Chiron.
My query? How so a mental health issue? Has an official diagnosis been given?

Depression. I have been advised to take antidepressants, but I'm really trying to avoid adding layers to underlining issue by drugging it. I feel it is more important to figure out what's wrong in my mental processes/perceptions and try to fix that.

Virgo on 3rd house cusp can provide the 'nit-picking accuracy' tendency. Pens have to be lined so, everything has its place, and an individual can become uneasy/unsettled if their mental perception is criticised because it does not fall under what is considered 'normal'.
One could ask where does the line (Saturn) between normal end and 'ab'normal begin?

About the pens being lined up (if that regards immediate environment), that is not quite me. I swing between periods of tidiness and chaos, but even in the "tidy" weeks, I'm never the perfectionist that has a place for everything. I sometimes find cleaning/tidying/putting physical environment in order to be somewhat calming activity, although I wouldn't say I enjoy it.
Regarding communication and nit-picking; I can do that. If I spot a logical fallacy, wrong facts, I tend to say it (but the nature of my job also demands it). In personal communication, I've taught myself to be less harsh, but if you catch me on the wrong day, I can nit-pick at others in verbal exchanges. Sometimes I take contrary views (even if they don't match my own) just for the sport of checking if I can outsmart people (often I can't, but I still try).

There is a Mutual reception aspect between Mercury in Jupiter's ruling sign ( Sagittarius) and Jupiter in Mercury's ruling sign(Virgo), which can be associated with a tendency to (under)exaggerate situations, especially when it comes to applying mental self confidence. With the addition of Mars, the ' (in)attention' to detail could add its influence [AD(H)D]. The mind works faster than others' do, and/or it goes off on a tangent to reach an answer whilst someone else is still pondering the question. A Mars in Sag. can be quick like the uncontrolled stallion on the run, yet also be hot-tempered and difficult to control. Yet does this signify 'a mental health issue'?

Really on point! My thoughts race and I go off on tangents all the time (thankfully also good in my line of work). There is definitely lack of attention to detail that I have been trying to work on and slightly managed to improve in the last few years. I have never received an ADD/ADHD diagnosis, but I grew up in a culture/time that labeled these as lack of discipline. In retrospect, I may have suffered from ADD. I do suffer from an "impostor syndrome" which is very common in my job, but also often have the confidence that if I sit with a problem long enough I can solve it (not always). So the (under)exaggeration is quite accurate. I sometimes realize that things that are obvious to me in the process of solving a problem are not to others and suffer a little bit in making my point clear, because I've raced ahead.

What could be suggestive is an 'emotional health' issue. There is an out of sign opposition, following a full Moon birth. I'm sure you don't howl at the Moon (feelings) when it's full, even with the 150* aspect to Pluto in Scorpio (compulsions). Yet the internal nature could become emotionally effected, anxious, or disturbed by anything that rocks its stability boat, through the 150* degree aspect with Saturn as ruler of the 6th house in it.

I think you have really hit the nail on the head here. I'm beginning to realize (now in my late 20s) that I'm dreadfully disjointed from my emotions. I almost observe my depressive episodes with detachment (and I've said I have mental health issues, while you have probably described it much more accurately - they are emotional). I know, I'm depressed, I know I'm low. Often I even know why, but still can't break away from self-destructive mental loops and behaviors.

You could look up articles that give views upon (natal) Full Moon phases. Natal Moon is ahead of natal Sun, said to mean the internal desire to break away from parental ties and their influences. Saturn's stressful aspect to Moon could indicate 'ties that bind' and any stifling effect it produces.

Sagittarius is the sign of 'no holds barred' freedom of spirit and the incentive to leave the familiarity of internal/external home comforts. Moon in Cancer is exactly the opposite and internally experiences the need to feel safe and secure through its dependence upon others to provide it.

Moon is widely conjunct South Node in Cancer. Dependency is still strong.
The Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn generation are seeing everything that was once solid and lasting disintegrating. Capricorn's authority through and obligation from others is now being placed upon themselves; to find their own path to walk.

Correct again. My parents have very strong influence in my life and I had to battle viciously for independence. Still, I have not been very successful in breaking away from their expectations and imposed ambitions. Part of my struggles at the moment are related to the fact that I'm afraid to abandon a promising career (they really approve of) for what I feel very passionate about (risky, possibly not going to bring much financial security). At times I feel they are very distant in their views and values from me, but at the same time I do cherish them. It's complicated. I suspect much of my struggles in the years to come is finding the balance between reducing their influence and still having them in my life.

I have a question about this. Is the position of the moon in the 11th house important to interpret here?

Natal Saturn is not included in the Capricorn influence. It is in its traditional ruling sign of Aquarius. Does it signify a trait that is still stuck in the old patterns and confines of a crumbling architecture? OR can it learn from the lessons gained through experience,and towards the structural re-building of a future free from (self-imposed) internal restraint?

:smile:

You are definitely giving me a lot to think about. I definitely feel stuck. Stuck in the structure I need to follow to climb the ladder, while at the same time I really want to do things differently. I definitely have this inside itch that I can't quite scratch. I feel like I have so much to express, but don't know how.

I have a another question if you have the time to answer (you have been quite generous already). How would you interpret a the Yod. From what I've seen people claim it's a test you need to overcome. Does it mean the test will be to break away from the home/parents/tradition? How do Saturn and Mercury play into this?

Thank you so much for your generous response. It is very kind of you and what is more, you seem to be accurate in your interpretations of the chart.

Frisiangal

Hi again,
Thank you for your generous feedback which is always so helpful in attaining whether astrological combinations verify or dispute what is written. I learn from both.:biggrin:

My parents have very strong influence in my life and I had to battle viciously for independence………………..

Is the position of the moon in the 11th house important to interpret here?

How would you interpret a the Yod?

Cancer, solely ruled by Moon, is on the 12th house cusp, a house that deals with life being, mentally, feeling, not part of the 'physical' components of which it is made up. It can create circumstances through which an individual either fuses with, or disassociates from that which is physical of nature.
The imaginative qualities of Cancer, also through its ruler, are well-known.

Moon is not in 12th but in the 11th house. So it carries its functional expression into the 11th house. 11th house represents the detachment from personal into non-personal relating (Air house). A reason why so many 'love interests' fail where an 11th house 'platonic' influence is indicated :wink:. Moon in Cancer has great difficulty cutting any ties, whereas an 11th house release from them can be liberating. Gemini (air sign) is on 11th house cusp.
Moon-Mercury are part of the YOD figure with Saturn.
Mercury's function travels to the 5th house of personal expression.
How Moon feels and Mercury thinks about the same situations are two totally different concepts within character. Sagittarius can be the half full or half empty significance, according to the mood of the moment.
Moon (imagination/nurture/needs) and Saturn (manifested realism/depression) are just as stressful. What one expects and wishes (Moon) doesn't always agree with what occurs.

A YOD figure cannot 'be overcome' UNLESS Pluto is a driving force within it. A YOD represents two separate traits within one's nature that one lives with. Sometimes Moon feelings with Saturn's reality get the edge on mental perception; other times its the other way around. Mental perception and reality work well together. But Moon on the apex of the YOD is always the instigator.

With Leo rising, it makes one wonder why a 5th house Sun in Sagittarius is not more optimistic of disposition to see the silver lining behind the cloud of depression that feelings can induce. The reason for an opposition between them?:wink: