Wrong Ascendant for Years - Heartbroken

I ordered my birth certificate to get a passport and I got the identity crisis of my life. Originally I thought I was a Scorpio Ascendant but it turns out that I am actually a Sag. As it turns out my mother didn’t really know my birth time and was just guessing.

This may sound silly but My last chart expressed that I may have some psychic/medium abilities and I was looking forward to that. I also tend to get that I look very unfriendly even though I am not. I struggle with confidence bc of this. I have the worst Venus placements as everything seems square.

If anyone could help me to make sense of this new chart , I would very much appreciate it. Everything has changed. Sorry for the dramatics.

Last edited:

waybread

Welcome to the forum. Do you want to post both of your charts?

I had something similar happen to me. When I began studying astrology I didn't know my birth time but was told by an astrologer that I looked like a Leo. Then I found a birth record in my late mother's old papers. Libra rising. Then I found an official birth certificate. Virgo rising. The Virgo rising time just made all kinds of things in my life fit. I've been using it ever since.

If you actually have psychic/medium abilities you would know it by now independently of your horoscope.

Frisiangal

Hi,
Something similar happened to me because a programme computed about 40 years ago had not taken double summer time into account in its calculations. My first astrology teacher didn't think my chart 'clicked' with how she had come to know me (her computerised programme). Checking with previously written calculation books and Doris Doane's 'Time Changes' verified that I was a Virgo and not Libra rising, whereby major planets all moved into later 'open' houses rather than the watery ones.

Can you imagine how many astrology enthusiasts were walking around with false notions of themselves because they judged themselves upon the chart, rather than the chart identifying their true nature????

It took months to convince the programmer of the (his?) mistake. As a personal maxim is that any computer programme is only as good as the one who programmed it, my Mercury retrograde in Taurus always double checks the facts.

I've also seen hand drawn charts upon which an anaysis was based ,and the Sun's position didn't coincide with the birth time because A.M had been taken instead of P.M, and vice versa. The astrologer(s) concerned didn't even recognise the horizon significance, and the subjects were confused regarding what they had been told.

A number of years ago an astrologer of more than 25 years experience
underwent the 'chart crisis' when it was proven that the natal chart was EIGHT HOURS out. Everything that had been applied to the chart didn't make sense anymore, although the individual had lived with/through it for so long. How is that possible for an astrologer??? The correct birth time chart is now used as if there had never been another before it that no longer exists.

i230, follow your true chart and you will find that it will reveal its path to you.:wink:

david starling

I had something similar happen to me. When I began studying astrology I didn't know my birth time but was told by an astrologer that I looked like a Leo. Then I found a birth record in my late mother's old papers. Libra rising. Then I found an official birth certificate. Virgo rising. The Virgo rising time just made all kinds of things in my life fit. I've been using it ever since.

If you actually have psychic/medium abilities you would know it by now independently of your horoscope.

I was challenged by a holistic herbalist to guess her Sun-sign. I told her it was either Leo or Aquarius. Turned out, she's Aquarian Sun, Leo Moon, Libra Asc. The Leo stood out in her bearing, but her eyes and attitude seemed Aquarian. I've read only 4 Charts that REALLY "didn't work", and after the birthtimes were rechecked it turned out the A.M./P.M. had been wrong. :sideways: Once that was corrected, they fell into place.

JUPITERASC

I was challenged by a holistic herbalist to guess her Sun-sign.
I told her it was either Leo or Aquarius.
Turned out, she's Aquarian Sun, Leo Moon, Libra Asc.
The Leo stood out in her bearing, but her eyes and attitude seemed Aquarian.
presumably no other planets in Aquarius or Leo then
and a reliable time of birth :smile:
placements likely to differ if using sidereal not tropical

I've read only 4 Charts that REALLY "didn't work", and
after the birthtimes were rechecked it turned out the A.M./P.M. had been wrong. :sideways:
Once that was corrected, they fell into place.
as long as you can make a chart "work" you're ok then

david starling

presumably no other planets in Aquarius or Leo then
and a reliable time of birth :smile:
placements likely to differ if using sidereal not tropical

as long as you can make a chart "work" you're ok then

There may have been others with the time of birth wrong that weren't as obviously a bad fit. All four of these reversed A.M./P.M. charts changed Moon-sign.

david starling

No. Only four where the A.M./P.M. was checked and KNOWN to have been reversed. I requested that they check, because the results were so OBVIOUSLY wrong in these four cases. What a strange assumption on your part. :biggrin:

JUPITERASC

No. Only four where the A.M./P.M. was checked and KNOWN to have been reversed. I requested that they check, because the results were so OBVIOUSLY wrong in these four cases. What a strange assumption on your part. :biggrin:
thanks for the clarification, so you are a practising astrologer then
unless that is also a strange assumption
:smile:

JUPITERASC

I ordered my birth certificate to get a passport
and I got the identity crisis of my life.
Originally I thought I was a Scorpio Ascendant
but it turns out that I am actually a Sag.
As it turns out my mother didn’t really know my birth time
and was just guessing.
use the Sidereal chart option at kaktuzz great website
and create a Sidereal natal chart at
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology
This may sound silly but My last chart expressed that I may have some psychic/medium abilities and I was looking forward to that.
I also tend to get that I look very unfriendly even though I am not.

I struggle with confidence bc of this.
I have the worst Venus placements as everything seems square.
If anyone could help me to make sense of this new chart ,
I would very much appreciate it.

Everything has changed. Sorry for the dramatics.

so cheer up because
you may be a SIDEREAL SCORPIO then after all
:smile:

OP here:

Apologies about the late response to this, I didn't have access to a desktop in order to manage the attachments.

I do hope someone can offer clarity on this. Im curious as to how others are supposed to "perceive" me.

I often get that people find me interesting and attractive but at the same time I'm very unapproachable and I do NOT have many (if any) friends. Is there anything that points to my chart in this?

I saw the aspect venus trine asc but I also have sun square asc - so do those cancel each other out?

Any thing in particular standing out to you?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_k.7116.45604.png
    astro_w2gw_k.7116.45604.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 21

I can agree with this. I would consider myself to having a strong intuition, if that makes sense.

I had started to dabble in opening my chakras but things were happening too quickly and i got a little spooked.

waybread

Just to be clear, is this your accurate birth time? Friends are an 11th house matter, but houses will change if the birth time changes.

waybread

Regardless, you have this big caring moon in Cancer opposed by Saturn. You seem not to expect other people to like you. This can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The cure isn't easy, but it involves developing more trust around other people, whether they give off reciprocal signals or not.

Hi Waybread!

Yes, as far as I know this is the accurate time according to my birth certificate.

You also hit the nail on the head - ever since I can remember I have struggled with others perception of me. I do go into relationships/meeting new ppl negatively and I have never understood where this energy came from.

It was almost like I came into the world self-conscious and I find it to be the strangest thing bc I have tried all of my life to not be.

ETA: I have not experienced alot of romantic relationships either. People seem to skip right over me no matter how hard I try to be seen. I also find that the relationships that I do manage to get into are out of feeling exhausted with dating. Not necessarily, "settling" in a sense but I do feel that I can do better at times.

Last edited: