Aspects for TALL people

ashriia

Nationalities and/or members belonging to certain countries are known to be genetically shorter/taller than members belonging to other nationalities/countries SO remember that 'tallness' is always relative and therefore it is simple common sense to consider always whether the person in question is taller than average for their particular family/national group :smile:

I understand the "common sense" in that, but since we are talking astrology, let's talk astrology :wink:

JUPITERASC

I understand the "common sense" in that, but since we are talking astrology, let's talk astrology :wink:
When common sense and astrology meet
Common sense = astrology
astrology = common sense
:smile:

5' 8" would be considered 'average' and NOT tall in some families

ashriia

Not exactly!

To clarify then, remember that 'tall' is a relative term so it's a good idea to avoid generalizing :smile:

5'8 for a female, in the country I live in is considered taller than average.
and in many other countries as well. (that is not a generalization btw, research google on that one)

the national average in the united states for a female ia around 5'3/5'4ish. and so, I'm considered tall, *here*.

maybe not in say Scandanavia..

but i don't normally get caught up on semantics.

JUPITERASC

5'8 for a female, in the country I live in is considered taller than average.
and in many other countries as well.
Even so, that may apply to ONE individual such as yourself, HOWEVER remember that there are families where many female family members are well over 5' 8" tall and for those families then 5' 8" is not considered tall.

However, there are many countries where a female of 5' 8" height is considered way ABOVE average - Japan for example

That's why it's a good idea to avoid generalizations.

The idea of 'average' is a variable, not 'set in stone' :smile:

ashriia

Even so, that may apply to ONE individual such as yourself, HOWEVER remember that there are families where many female family members are well over 5' 8" tall and for those families then 5' 8" is not considered tall.

However, there are many countries where a female of 5' 8" height is considered way ABOVE average - Japan for example

That's why it's a good idea to avoid generalizations.

The idea of 'average' is a variable, not 'set in stone' :smile:

I'll be sure to smack my hand the next time i am thinking about typing up generalizations.

I am still tall :tongue:

JUPITERASC

I'll be sure to smack my hand the next time i am thinking about typing up generalizations.

I am still tall :tongue:
Of course you are considered tall in the country where you currently reside

HOWEVER in Scandinavia you are considered average or even BELOW average height

BUT in Japan you are considered ABOVE average height.

So 'being tall' is relative to the norms of country of origin/residence
and that must be taken into account when analyzing natal chart aspects :smile:

Victoria

In my experience Mercury in the 1st is indicative of being one of the tallest people in the family. A lot depends on hereditary of course. The aspects to that will give a fuller picture. Having Virgo which is for now ruled by Mercury, as your rising sign would add to that. Being rather nervous can keep you slim as well!!! I hope you dont smoke. :smile:

I do smoke, actually! So does my mum & dad... why?? :surprised:

My mercury (in 1st house ruled by virgo, but in the sign of libra)
is conjunct (to a wide angle) venus, also in libra.
Mercury is square jupiter (in 10th house in the sign of cancer)
also square saturn, uranus and neptune in 4th house of sag, but in capricorn.

Again, I am by far the tallest female in my family, at 5'10 (178cm) and
mostly taller than all my guy friends as well. The men in my family are around my height, maybe a few inches taller, but if I wear heels I TOWER over everyone.

Blackbird

I'm 5'8, but I don't consider that "tall". I'm virgo rising with opposition to saturn and chiron+venus on the 1H. No uranus aspects to my Asc.

M

may28gemini

I always thought that Jupiter conjunct ASC gives tallness but Christina Ricci has it and she is 5'1:surprised:

LOL I also have Jupiter conj AC and I'm 5'3 ft so no, that theory isn't very accurate!

I think there's something with Virgo ASC for males that make them tall. My ex husband is 6'3... towering his dad at 5'10 and every other male relative he has are all under 5'10. He has 9 Virgo AC.

What aspects would a tall person have?

A tall male, about 6'0
or
A tall female, 5'7-5'9

I’m a 6’0” tall woman...Mars trine Jupiter and Saturn, Jupiter and Saturn trine ASC, 1H Gemini Sun and 12H Taurus Mars Conjunct Taurus ASC...Uranus Opposite Mars/ASC, Venus in Gemini 1H, 11H Moon in Pisces sextile ASC

AJ Astrology

I’m a 6’0” tall woman...Mars trine Jupiter and Saturn, Jupiter and Saturn trine ASC, 1H Gemini Sun and 12H Taurus Mars Conjunct Taurus ASC...Uranus Opposite Mars/ASC, Venus in Gemini 1H, 11H Moon in Pisces sextile ASC

Hi sixfootsiren81,

You did a lot of work for nothing. When you come to understand the nature of the bodies, you'll understand that Jupiter can inflate anything (unless his sign restricts or neutralizes it or he's retrograde).

Not only will Jupiter inflate your height, he'll inflate your girth, and your money and your possessions and career if he's direct and in the right signs.

You'll probably want to study the signs, too, after you learn the meanings of the celestial bodies.

LOL I also have Jupiter conj AC and I'm 5'3 ft so no, that theory isn't very accurate!

I always thought that Jupiter conjunct ASC gives tallness but Christina Ricci has it and she is 5'1:surprised:

Hi people,

There's nothing in astrology to support your claims, so you either completely misstated the aphorism because you didn't understand it or you just made it up to be difficult.

Taurus and Virgo signify tall people, unless other chart factors restrict it.

Sagittarius and Pisces also indicate tall people. If Jupiter is in a Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant or in an applying trine to a Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant, he can increase height even more if he is direct and not retrograde or not harmed by malefics.

If Jupiter is in an applying sextile or trine to any ascending sign from an air, fire or water sign, he can increase height if he is direct and not retrograde or unfortunate.

Jupiter does not inflate height or anything else if he is in an earth sign or when he is retrograde or in trouble.

Regarding Christina Ricci, you're just plain wrong. Period.

1) Jupiter is not conjunct the Ascendant: he has separated.
2) Virgo is an earth sign.
3) Jupiter does not like earth signs.
4) Jupiter is retrograde.
5) Saturn is also in Virgo and retrograde (Saturn also restricts).

And then people wonder why they can't interpret charts.

david starling

Hi sixfootsiren81,

You did a lot of work for nothing. When you come to understand the nature of the bodies, you'll understand that Jupiter can inflate anything (unless his sign restricts or neutralizes it or he's retrograde).

Not only will Jupiter inflate your height, he'll inflate your girth, and your money and your possessions and career if he's direct and in the right signs.

You'll probably want to study the signs, too, after you learn the meanings of the celestial bodies.

Hi people,

There's nothing in astrology to support your claims, so you either completely misstated the aphorism because you didn't understand it or you just made it up to be difficult.

Taurus and Virgo signify tall people, unless other chart factors restrict it.

Sagittarius and Pisces also indicate tall people. If Jupiter is in a Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant or in an applying trine to a Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant, he can increase height even more if he is direct and not retrograde or not harmed by malefics.

If Jupiter is in an applying sextile or trine to any ascending sign from an air, fire or water sign, he can increase height if he is direct and not retrograde or unfortunate.

Jupiter does not inflate height or anything else if he is in an earth sign or when he is retrograde or in trouble.

Regarding Christina Ricci, you're just plain wrong. Period.

1) Jupiter is not conjunct the Ascendant: he has separated.
2) Virgo is an earth sign.
3) Jupiter does not like earth signs.
4) Jupiter is retrograde.
5) Saturn is also in Virgo and retrograde (Saturn also restricts).

And then people wonder why they can't interpret charts.

Less than one degree orb in a snapshot Natal-chart looks like a conjunction in H1.
What's your criteria for a snapshot, Natal-chart conjunction with the Asc?

Also, what makes you believe Jupiter "does not like" Earth-signs?

petosiris

Banned
Mercury rules the Christina's Ascendant by house and exaltation, aside from dominating it with aspect along Jupiter and Mars. Mercury also governs the Moon by term and aspect along with Saturn (by house and aspect) and Mars (by exaltation and aspect). Mercury is predominator/almuten of the body (asc + moon).

''Mercury... In the occident he makes them, in appearance, of light but not of good colouring, with straight hair and olive complexion, lean and spare, with glancing, brilliant eyes, and somewhat ruddy; in temperament they exceed in the dry.

''The luminaries assist each of these when they bear an aspect to them, the sun tending to a more impressive and robust effect <it doesn't aspect the predominator Mercury>, and the moon, especially when she is separating from the planets, in general tending toward better proportion and greater slenderness, and toward a more moist temperament; but in particular cases her effect is proportioned to the special quality of her illumination, in accordance with the system of intermixture explained in the beginning of the treatise.''

Again, generally, when the planets are... at their second station, rather weak...

The quadrant from the winter solstice to the spring equinox produces individuals of dark complexion, moderate height, straight hair, with little hair on their bodies <the ancient texts were written primary for males>, somewhat graceful, and exceeding in the cold and moist.
'' - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/3C*.html#11

Last edited: