How to be happy

blondie89

Banned
Hello

Is it possible to see in natal chart what makes people happy and think they have a fulfilled life? And uf yes, for what to look for?

Some are happy if they had a healthy family and they don't care much about money and prestige in their lives. Others feel fulfilled by traveling or career.

Best regards

Osamenor

Staff member
In a way.

Look at the person's sun and moon. What houses are they in? What aspects do they have? What signs?

We all need the most positive expressions of the signs we have highlighted. In particular, sun sign and moon sign, although signs where we have planets are also the signs we need to express, and express in the best possible way. One way not to be happy is to be falling into the pitfalls of those signs: for example, being a never satisfied perfectionist Virgo, or a hypercompetitive Aries, or a self isolating to the extreme Capricorn.

Rising sign needs to be expressed in a way that gets the person what they need. It should be in line with who they really are. Sometimes an ascendant becomes a false front: it's expressed in a way in keeping with the rising sign, but it belies the rest of the chart. A healthy expression of the ascendant will allow the rest of the chart to express, too, even if it has a very different message from the rising sign.

Occupied houses, especially sun and moon houses, tell us what areas of life matter most to this person. In the seventh, they need partnership, or at the very least, others to bounce things off of. Second, they're probably very security focused. Etcetera.

Bunraku

What if the person doesn't want to tell you? What if you want to know to enact some grand manipulation?

Its their prerogative. But if you paid $200 dollars for an hour long astrological consultation, then I'd suggest they get right to the point...unless wasting money is their thing.

Osamenor

Staff member
That's really what astrology consultations come down to, in my opinion. The client wants to know if, when, or how they can have whatever they expect to make them happy. Will I get a new job? Will I get married? Etcetera. That's pursuit of happiness.

I prefer to focus on what those questions mean for them. A question like that could be coming from not following the "how to pursue happiness" guidelines of their chart. Or they could be asking because their chart nudges them in that direction.

Osamenor

Staff member
You can just ask the person.

I've yet to see a situation in which that question would fit well into an astrological consultation.

I'm assuming you are referring to an astrological consultation as the context here. Surely you would not stoop to non-astrological posts in an astrological thread? :wink:

blondie89

Banned
For everyone its different things.

Is it also important where north and south node and point of luck is?

Thank you osamenor, is it also important in which dignity are these planets? For example mars in taurus or jupiter in gemini? Does it mean this area of life is difficult to integrate in life?

Some persons don't know it. For example they are interested in tooo many things and don't know on what they should focus

I have heard this few times, people who had family, a good job, house, travekbut at some point they get a feeling (most round about 40-50) as they have already passed something, like a midlife crises

Im have still 10 - 20 years this because i got last year my Uranus / Uranus trine and first saturn return but at moment its so i want to have everything

Travelling few countrys, own family, marriage, good job but i have nothing if these at moment. I know next year it will be better but this makes me thinking of what's really important and what not

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you osamenor, is it also important in which dignity are these planets? For example mars in taurus or jupiter in gemini? Does it mean this area of life is difficult to integrate in life?
I wouldn't use dignity for that purpose. I would just focus on the combination of a Mars message with a Taurus message, or the combination of a Jupiter message with a Gemini message.

I would pay attention to house placement, because that modifies the message (Jupiter in Gemini in the tenth will be saying something about the career/public reputation area of a person's life, while the same placement in the fifth would be saying more about creative pursuits, hobbies, or children, for example). And any planet right on an angle will be amplified. But all the nuances of dignity aren't relevant here.

Some persons don't know it. For example they are interested in tooo many things and don't know on what they should focus
If someone's telling you that and you have their birth chart, look at the pattern. Are the planets spread out around the chart? Bunched together?

Interested in too many things usually goes along with having a splash or splay or sometimes even a locomotive chart: planets spread all around. This is someone who's wired to have multiple areas of focus and needs to keep their fingers in multiple pies. Just focusing on one thing won't do for them. They might have to prioritize what to focus on at a given moment, but they also need to keep room for their other interests in their life. Telling that person to just pick one thing is poison to them.

I have heard this few times, people who had family, a good job, house, travekbut at some point they get a feeling (most round about 40-50) as they have already passed something, like a midlife crises
That goes with the midlife transits. Between your late thirties and your mid forties, you get (everyone gets) Saturn square its natal position, then Neptune square, then Uranus opposition, then Saturn opposition. Uranus opposition in particular is a break free, blow it all up energy, but Neptune and Saturn have their roles, too. Neptune dissolves. Neptune reminds you what your dreams are. Saturn's hard angles make you take a long, hard look at what's important. Is this what I've worked for? Is this what I should be working for?

blondie89

Banned
I wouldn't use dignity for that purpose. I would just focus on the combination of a Mars message with a Taurus message, or the combination of a Jupiter message with a Gemini message.

I would pay attention to house placement, because that modifies the message (Jupiter in Gemini in the tenth will be saying something about the career/public reputation area of a person's life, while the same placement in the fifth would be saying more about creative pursuits, hobbies, or children, for example). And any planet right on an angle will be amplified. But all the nuances of dignity aren't relevant here.

If someone's telling you that and you have their birth chart, look at the pattern. Are the planets spread out around the chart? Bunched together?

Interested in too many things usually goes along with having a splash or splay or sometimes even a locomotive chart: planets spread all around. This is someone who's wired to have multiple areas of focus and needs to keep their fingers in multiple pies. Just focusing on one thing won't do for them. They might have to prioritize what to focus on at a given moment, but they also need to keep room for their other interests in their life. Telling that person to just pick one thing is poison to them.

That goes with the midlife transits. Between your late thirties and your mid forties, you get (everyone gets) Saturn square its natal position, then Neptune square, then Uranus opposition, then Saturn opposition. Uranus opposition in particular is a break free, blow it all up energy, but Neptune and Saturn have their roles, too. Neptune dissolves. Neptune reminds you what your dreams are. Saturn's hard angles make you take a long, hard look at what's important. Is this what I've worked for? Is this what I should be working for?

Thanks, :)

Is it also important which aspects the planet have? Conjunctio, sextil,.? I think yes or? If the querent have a lot of oppositions, quincux or squares its not easy to integrate the different area, or?

Knowing someone, he had many planets in 8th house. Meaning he's interesting in death? (moon, sun, jupiter)

He also had some planets in 3rd, 1st, 7th house., but also is dreaming of having child, instead there is no planet in 5th house, but not interested most in his relatives or communication (instead of 3rd house)

So lets say of jupiter in gemini is lord of 2nd house, its possible that the querent get their money through writing or communication. But instead its in house 8th.. Money of others and also banks, insurances, government.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks, :)

Is it also important which aspects the planet have? Conjunctio, sextil,.?
Yes, but now it's getting complicated. The more you factor in, the less you can just spit out. It's the basis for a conversation, and it's not possible to share every bit of information you have in a conversation.

Knowing someone, he had many planets in 8th house. Meaning he's interesting in death? (moon, sun, jupiter)
Maybe he likes murder mysteries or horror movies. That's one way it could manifest. But the eighth house has so many more meanings. Psychology, the occult, sexuality, inheritance/debt/taxes, other people's money and resources, shared energies, hidden things, secrets... eighth house people don't settle for just one of those meanings.

What having a lot in the eighth house, especially sun or moon or both, means is usually an increased sensitivity, especially to eighth house sorts of things, and a desire to help. Eighth house people very often choose a helping profession.

He also had some planets in 3rd, 1st, 7th house., but also is dreaming of having child, instead there is no planet in 5th house.
Many people want children. Many people have children. Whether they have planets in the fifth or not has nothing to do with it.

There are fertility factors in a chart, which might say something about how easy or difficult it is to have a child, but a planet in the fifth house is not required. If there are any fifth house planets, those are factors to consider, but so are the fifth house ruler and the moon. If there are no fifth house planets, then it's just moon and fifth house ruler.

wan

I don't know about other people, but for me, I look at my Moon. My Moon is in the 9th, and I know for a fact that learning about new things, broadening my horizon, circulating among people, talking to them, and doing various Sag-themed things make me happy and fulfilled.

brainpuddle

I'm with Wan on this one. Obviously a person's happiness depends on quite a few variables, but the most short-cut way to look at it astrologically is if they're fulfilling the deep needs of the Moon.