Edgar Cayces birth chart. Is He For Real?

piercethevale

I ran across the chart while researching birth data for another person the other day.
I had the data for Cayce but never attempted to produce a chart for the man as I don't trust the time of day from birth data that is from before the 20th century that gives times of the exact hour or half hour.
The time given for Edgar Cayce is 3:00 pm and I believe now that it is most likely correct...give or take a minute.
The chart produced gives the 21st degree of Leo as the Asc.
This degree of the Zodiac I know all too well. It is the same degree my natal Pluto is in.
The symbol for the degree is: "INTOXICATED CHICKENS DIZZILY FLAP THEIR WINGS TRYING TO FLY." Rudhyars summation of the definition for this symbol is [Rudhyars' Keyword{s}] "THE PREMATURE EXPANSION OF CONSCIOUSNESS."
This particular degree and symbol were the first to convince me of the possible validity of the Sabian Symbols back in 1984 when my brother introduced me to 'real Astrology' and the Sabian Symbols.
As my natal Pluto is in that degree...Pluto the Planet of Transformation...I connected the symbolism with an out of body experience the very first time I meditated using a Japa Yoga technique back in 68' when I was 15.
As the Asc. and Desc. of the birth chart [the "Horizon"] represent the "WHO" and "WHERE-TO" of ones spiritual blueprint it is a most appropriate symbol for Cayce in light of his life experiences and especially so as He did become consciously expanded at a very young age.
The Sabian Symbol for the I.C and M.C. of ones chart is symbolically "HOW" and "WHY" ones is to achieve the destiny laid out in the chart horizon.
In this birth chart we find the 14th degree of Scorpio for the I.C.
The Sabian Symbol and definition for which is [from Rudhyars' book] "TELEPHONE LINEMEN INSTALLING NEW CONNECTIONS. Keynote: The need to establish new channels of communication." and Rudhyars' summation of the definition [his Keyword{s}] "THE WILL TO ASSOCIATION OR COMPREHENSION."
You couldn't find a more appropriate symbol from the 360 that there are to represent 'HOW' Edgar Cayce did fulfill his destiny/dharma...He did establish those "Connections" by becoming the greatest "Channel" of the 20th century.

...here's the chart...

Attachments

• astro_2gw_184_edgar_cayce_53794_21192.gif
    astro_2gw_184_edgar_cayce_53794_21192.gif
    81.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

piercethevale

Edgar Cayces' birth chart. Is He For Real?

Also of importance and of extreme interest is tha tUranus is conj. the Asc. within one degree.
Planets, Luminaries and the Nodes when in close conjunction to one of the chart axis ordinates [angular house cusps] add their Sabian Symbology to the one of the cusp in question. This should be thought of as assissting the symbology as it is tempered by the 'Orb' in question.
Here we find Uranus in the 22nd degree of Leo. The Symbol for this degree is [from Rudhyar and his definition.] "A CARRIER PIGEON FULFILLING ITS MISSION. Keynote: Spirituality, in terms of training for service to mankind.
In contrast with the intoxicated chicken, we now have the sucessfully trained carrier pigeon delivering the message it was its function to carry. Here the domesticated bird is seen endowed with a special significance and purpose. This refers to spiritual energies which are being used constructively and which bring to the consciousness messages from other realms. Individual realizations acquire their true meanin only as they fulfill a collective function." [and Rudhyars' summation] "This...symbol clearly presents a contrasting alternative to what the preceding picture revealed. The 'release' of higher energies becomes effective and valuable to the extent to which it serves a higher, but concrete and definate, purpose. This is the ideal of the [Rudhyars' Keyword{s}] WORLD SERVER."

Uranus, the higher octave of Mercury, which is often called "The Great Awakener" obviously did its' job here.
Cayce was born as a being "WHO" essentially was one of "Expanded Consciousness" that "Awakened" to being a "World Server".
"How" he was destined to fulfill his chart dharma was by establishing communication with Ascended Beings/Bhodisatvas/Angels/"Spirit Guides"...by becoming a "Channel"...

...I hope that by now many of you are getting convinced that Sabian Symbolic chart axis analysis works.
It is a least half of the knowledge you need to apply to a birth chart to be able to understand the individual being in question.
I'm appalled at the number of people that call themselves Astrologers that don't utilize this technique.
Over at the skyscript forum you'll basically get 'pounced' upon for even mentioning Sabian Symbols in association with birth chart analysis. Most of the members there refer to what is called "Classical Astrology" ...which a more appropriate term would be "Ancient" Astrology...I would no more depend upon 17th century Astrological methods than I would that of 17th century medicine...or any other science from that era...for that matter. I'm not saying all Astrological knowledge and technique from that era [or error] is wrong...but a some of it is*...I'm trying to set the craft straight.
[* ...let's not throw the baby out with the bath water...but, Lord, that bath water is stagnant!]

Last edited:

piercethevale

Greetings. I started thinking about what I said above as to never trusting a birth time from that long ago that had the time as an exact hour or half hour ...etc...
I realized of whose birth time I was questioning and the thought hit me that it would have to be the right time.
We're talking Edgar Cayce here. The most remarkable seer of the past in recorded history...if anyone was sure of when they were born it would have to be Edgar...funny, it had never occured to me before.
...but then again, I was pretty pre-occupied to give it any thought.

...I like this chart even more now.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi ptv,
We're talking Edgar Cayce here. The most remarkable seer of the past in recorded history...if anyone was sure of when they were born it would have to be Edgar...funny, it had never occured to me before.

Au contraire. Psychics often have intense problems reading into/ for or about themselves.I don't think it in any way *verifies* the time.In this case especially as the ruler of his first, the sun, is inconjunct his Uranus in h1.
I'm not saying it isn't the correct chart but I'm suggesting the chart itself doesn't really prove it.
For a person as psychic as Cayce, I'd have thought the moon might be a little closer to Neptune for example.But having the moon in the ninth and approaching the tenth, does seem appropriate for a professional seer.
I use the sabian symbols too-I think they provide a lot of info.
Cheers
Lilly

piercethevale

...I believe Cayce was a very unique case. He was being "Guided" by some very special entities... of whom I'm beginning to know myself on a certain level...they are wiser beyond your imagination!

...for example, Cayce never contridicted a previous reading except on two points. [on info concerning the past or his present...]

One was on the "Immaculate Conception" of Mary.

The other is that He gave four different dates for the birth of Jesus...do you know why?...I'm pretty sure I do!

If the info of his birth was to be of some future value you can bet it was given correctly...

...and as to the chart axis...you couldn't dream up a better set of symbols!

...and as the time given surely couldn't have been more than a half hour off either way [worst case scenerio] that doesn't leave you with too many different choices and besides they ain't gonna vary that much.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Hi ptv,

Au contraire. Psychics often have intense problems reading into/ for or about themselves.I don't think it in any way *verifies* the time.In this case especially as the ruler of his first, the sun, is inconjunct his Uranus in h1.
I'm not saying it isn't the correct chart but I'm suggesting the chart itself doesn't really prove it.
For a person as psychic as Cayce, I'd have thought the moon might be a little closer to Neptune for example.But having the moon in the ninth and approaching the tenth, does seem appropriate for a professional seer.
I use the sabian symbols too-I think they provide a lot of info.
Cheers
Lilly

...also, that's a Sun bi Quintile to Uranus ...and just look at that...there's a Pluto Mercury Quintile, a Pluto Saturn Quintile, a Pluto Node Quintile, a Jupiter Venus Quintile, a Jupiter Saturn Quintile and a Sun Asc. bi Quintile...wow!

Last edited:

piercethevale

The Part of Fortune for Cayces chart is in the 5th degree of Libra.

From Rudhyars book we get the symbol and His definition.
"Libra 5*: A MAN REVEALING TO HIS STUDENTS THE FOUNDATION OF AN INNER KNOWLEDGE UPON WHICH A 'NEW WORLD' COULD BE BUILT. Keynote: The necessity for the youthful spirits to learn from a Teacher who through his long experience has been able to reach solid and illuminating truths, i.e. 'seed ideas.'
An old saying is just as valid today as ever: When the pupil is ready, the Master appears. But he may appear in many disguises. What matters is not the Master, but the Mastery he 're-veals.' It is veiled in his person. It has to be contacted through his person, rather than in his person. Devotion to a guru may be the way, but sooner or later it should be transmuted into reverence: the truth within the disciple saluting in true humility the truth in the teacher."
...and Rudhyars' summation, "...What is evoked by the symbol is the essential, withal rather mysterious, process of {Rudhyars' Keyword} TRANSMISSION. What is transmitted, if the situation is really adequate and understood [at least tentatively] by all participants, is not merely knowledge. It is actually 'being-ness.' "

...so let us review... The Transmission of Knowledge was symbolically Cayces' Part of Fortune?...hmmmmm...
hmmmm...DO YOU THINK?

Last edited:

AquariusT

I believe anyone with moon conj. nep is guided, learns by osmosis and is psychic and a healer of sorts. And, is here for very important reasons and to guide and teach others. This has been my experience in all the charts I've done where there was a moon conj nep.

piercethevale

I believe anyone with moon conj. nep is guided, learns by osmosis and is psychic and a healer of sorts. And, is here for very important reasons and to guide and teach others. This has been my experience in all the charts I've done where there was a moon conj nep.

...and Neptune is exactly conj. my natal Moon as of yesterday...a once in two lifetimes occurance [if that]...I've been having the most lucid dreams for weeks ...almost like living two seperate lives.
[...and those Pluto & Jupiter Quintiles...wow!...esp. Pluto Q Mercury...never seen that one before in any chart...]

Last edited:

piercethevale

Okay, let's get away from Sabians for a bit and analyze that Uranus conj. Asc. aspect.
I immediately like it just for the looks of it. I find Planets, Luminaries and Nodes conj. chart axis points [angular house cusps] so fascinating!

According to Sakoian and Ackers "Astrologers Handbook" [one of my favs. as it delineates on the metaphysical/paranormal/esoteric/occult proclivities that are provided by aspects.] ...Sakoian and Acker say of people born with this aspect..."They are alert and quick in their response and extremely individualistic, with strong interests in the unusual, either scientific or occult. Their intuitive faculties are highly developed and they are able to tap a superconscious level of knowledge, gaining insights beyond the capacity of the average individual. If well aspected by other planets, this conjunction often leads one into the study of Astrology."
...and..."...They are often leaders in revolutionary activities, social philosophies, and new scientific ideas"

...it certainly fits the profile!

piercethevale

Well...how about another Arabic Part interpretation via the Sabians?
Let's look at the Part of Sudden Advancement. [Asc. + Part of Fortune - Saturn]
For this chart that calculates to be at 24* Pisces 12', i.e. the 25th degree of Pisces.
From Rudhyars' book we get the Sabian Symbol and His definition.

Pisces 25*: "A RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION SUCCEEDS IN OVERCOMING THE CORRUPTING INFLUENCE OF PERVERTED PRACTICES AND MATERIALIZED IDEALS. Keynote: The power of the Soul to intervene in the personal life and to induce necessary catharses.
The necessary centralization of the conscious attention and will symbolized by the preceding picture [Pisces 24* ptv] most often bring negative results-exclusivism, pride, jealousy, greed for power and wealth. Every man is a Church that has the Soul as its god, but most men forget the Soul and live according to dogmatic rules and habits which not only have become empty of inner meaning, but very often have been perverted by the demands of the senses and the emotional nature and by the ego with its rationalizing intellect. A purging or catharsis is needed to restore not only fresh and creative spontaneity, but even more the contact with the Soul and the God-ordained dharma."
...and Rudhyars' 'Keyword' for this Symbol is "PURIFICATION".

...Well, again I'm reminded of the fact that Cayce said, that at times, the "Great White Brotherhood" and "Saint Germain" himself were his "Guides" i.e. whom Cayce was 'Channeling'...
Interestingly, this symbol does pretty much sum up a lot of the GWBs' work/efforts...as the legend goes.

...Can I get a big HHHHMMMmmmmmmmmm....from the choir?

Last edited: