Pluto Transits

wilsontc

Staff member
Going in the right direction

Elianah,

In my opinion, you are going in the right direction by posting on the grouplist. Putting your ideas "front and center" gives everyone a chance to see...and comment on your ideas. This can be incredibly nerve-racking (at least, it was for ME when I first started doing this many years ago! ;) ), but it is the safest way to expose ourselves to criticism and different points of view.

As I mentioned in another post, I started out doing astrology postings in response to charting requests on the web. What I think I DIDN'T mention was that I sometimes created the wrong chart and did interpretations on THAT chart. I remember vividly I received one comment one day from someone who asked, jokingly, that, since my commentary on his chart included planets and points that he didn't, and never would, possess, perhaps I was using some completely different house system he had never heard of! :shock: I was SO embarrassed! :oops: And I didn't want to post any more because I was entirely wrong about the chart.

But, on reflection, it occurred to me that this person has never and will never meet me. That I could still do OTHER people's charts...I simply had to check and recheck their chart information. It also occurred to me that I had to make a decision. Was I going to give up interpreting because I had made a mistake, or was I going to learn from that mistake and continue interpreting charts and learning from the experience? I decided to learn from my mistake and keep interpreting as best I could.

Today I have a web site dedicated to chart reading but, even today, sometimes I make a mistake and someone catches it (just today, in fact). So I apologize, correct my mistake, and repost. Life goes on, even after mistakes, and mistakes are the way we grow and learn. If we never take a chance we never get anywhere in life...but if we take a chance, sooner or later we will make a mistake. Which is simply an opportunity to learn some more! ;)

Making mistakes,

Tim

Elianah

Returning to the topic at hand...

It is interesting to note that Pluto first tried entering Sagittarius on January 18, 1995 but got sky-jacked by Rxing back into Scorpio starting April 22 and turned direct in Scorpio on August 9th of that year. Pluto went into Sag for good on November 11, 1995.

We started getting the real fundamentalist backlash across the globe after that, with the moralist preaching and impeaching (or at least trying) within the US political system that stalled out the second Clinton term. And who had heard of al-Qeda back then? It was not until after Pluto in Sagittarius got on solid footing that fundamentalism and its rigid adherence to anti-modernist dogma took sway, no matter the religious or socio-political belief system. The fundamentalists monger fear and hatred in order to prove that their belief system is the one true TRUTH and all others will be damned.

This is the dark side of the Pluto in Sag transit.

Come with me Luke, come to the dark side and we will rule together. — Darth Vader.

wilsontc

Staff member
Legal issues

Elianah,

Keeping with that thought...Sagittarius (expansion, also law) modifying Pluto (transformation, also power, other people's money) also brought in a huge explosion of the power of law. People have started suing everyone and everything and huge amounts of money are being handed out to everyone with any sort of legal complaint...whether or not they were actually valid. Sagittarius modifying Pluto saw the rise of the "instant settlement" where anyone would settle with anyone who made a claim, simply because it was cheaper to settle than to go to court to figure out whether or not the claim was valid!

Plutonically,

Tim

Lapis

"Lapis do you have a good emoticon for wiping egg of the face?"

:lol: No Elianah but I do have this one for you....
throwingkissesemo9pd.gif

Isn't it amazing how we each get 'triggered' so as to 'trigger' other people's specific issues that desire resolution? That Aries/Libra thing I guess. Waterbearer50 and I went through something like this too recently. It's usually 'all ours' and the other person has very little to do with it actually (because its OUR old *%$#@#) and we alone must disempower the little bugger whatever 'it' is. Free up that energy and then reabsorb it back into ourselves. I know you know all this already.....just wanted to say well done. 8)

Lapis

PLUTO Transits

Amazon1963 said:
Lapis???? Sounds to me like you needed an 'Amazon' as your neighbor! Sheesh! I went through something similar back in '95 when I first moved to this house. Oh my, the drama (I really dont like negative drama especially in the home arena)!

I beat em though...tenacious and righteous in the good 'fight'. Even organized and gathered the neighborhood as a collective on the issue. Tough battle but we prevailed. :D I even received a voluntary formal apology from the other party with a peaceful parting.

Thats a real darn shame though that you and your mother had to go through such an unnecessary time like that. Wish that you could have had the same sort of resolution as I experienced. I am glad that life has improved for you now. Sounds to me like moving served perhaps a higher purpose than just being in a peaceful neighborhood.

Astrologically, would I be correct in stating that all of your Pluto transits in this lifetime will deal primarily with the 'outer' aspects? Whereas the rest of my lifetime I will deal more with 'inner' aspects? I havent delved into progressed charts as of yet, still mastering the natal chart and basic transits here.

Lapis, you wrote:

I think what's happened so far is that by my facing so many of my personal fears on both the external and internal worlds/realities, my sense of self is able to expand out a couple more notches.

I admire the bravery I am reading here on these posts. Takes a lot of courage to look deep inside and admit what you see there. So many of you are so very much in touch with your 'inner' self.

When analyzing the human as a whole and their reactions or resolutions to a variable in an equation, I am not comfortable with simplistic answers. I wouldnt want to say that Pluto brought about all the changes in the person, rather a collective of the natal chart and aspects, other transits within the chart, the environment and how the individual synthesizes all of these components to effectively resolve problems.

We are so very complex in our physical, emotional, and spiritual selves and yet we operate within a single form. Amazing, truly amazing when the person is able to live a lifetime of learning and hopefully reaching self actualization. I would hope that for every person.

Lapis? As Pluto reaches back into those depths, remember you will emerge a better and more insightful person than before. Enlightenment is only frightening until we understand its true meaning.

Funny story about how my nickname started..maybe one day I will share it!

Again, hope others will share their 'Pluto' experience or more enlightenment on Pluto transits.

Amazon

Amazon1963,

Sorry it's taken me so long to answer you. I forgot where this conversation took place. I quoted you so you'd know what I was answering!

Yes it was very obvious to me for a few years prior to these 2 transits that our 'time' at that house/location was finished and we needed to be elsewhere. But after 4 long years of constant torment, we both finally understood this fact. It's a different reality living where we do now and SO much better for us both. We did what all we were supposed to do there over the years, and then were literally pushed out because it was 'time' to be elsewhere. Big sigh of relief!

"Astrologically, would I be correct in stating that all of your Pluto transits in this lifetime will deal primarily with the 'outer' aspects?"

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'outer' aspects. In my natal Pluto is in the intercepted 6th at 21 Leo 20' rx, and so from birth on Pluto has been moving across nearly everything in my chart. With t. Pluto now inching its way up to my Sun/Chiron in 10, this will just about complete its conjuncting everything. The only planets that have not and will not be conjuncted in this incarnation are.....Jupiter in 1 and Uranus in 5! ALL other planets have already been touched up close and personal by t. Pluto. Add to this the fact that Pluto is 'intercepted' and I feel a real strong connection to Him.

I'm not sure this answered your question or not.....let me know if I'm off in la la Land once again! I came down with some nasty flu or something a couple days ago and have a fever and all that goes along with that, so I probably shouldn't even be attempting to communicate now!!! :roll:

Amazon1963

Lapis,

I'm not sure this answered your question or not.....let me know if I'm off in la la Land once again! I came down with some nasty flu or something a couple days ago and have a fever and all that goes along with that, so I probably shouldn't even be attempting to communicate now!!!

Please feel better soon! You pretty much did answer my question. Here is where I get frustrated in studying astrology. I respond far more favorably to formal or structured study of a subject rather than the haphazard approach I am having to do now (time constraints dont allow for formal study at the moment). Be forewarned though, the first of a multitude of books on astrology has arrived to my home from Amazon.com... :D

I know what I was trying to ask, its just that my 'proper' vocabulary isnt up to par yet. What I was getting at in terms of understanding Pluto and its transits in relation to other people's lives....for example:

My Pluto is like 10 degrees from my midheaven...then interpreting a chart and how houses from 6th thru the 12th deal with 'outer' focus of the individual and 1st through to the descendant deal with 'inner' focus. So Pluto has already crossed my midheaven, 10th, 11th and 12th house, and will continue to transit the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and if I live long enough, my 4th house as well, thus my integration of Pluto transits will deal with primarily the 'inner' self.

Whereas your Pluto on the 6th has transited through to the 10th and onward to the 12th and possibly your Asc and 1st house.

Put those two things together along with what I have read that Pluto takes like 14-30 years to transit a sign...so I was asking, if in this lifetime, you would experience Pluto and your 'outer' focus and mine would be more of an 'inner' focus. Pluto aspecting your 'inner' houses with any planets would reflect your inner self working on the outer self? I meant 'outer' focus not aspects..apologies!

See, I'm still trying to grasp the interpretations of the transits through the houses and some transiting aspects.

Boy howdy can I ever cloud a question...lol!

Thank you for being patient! Truly appreciate it and the knowledge you pass on!

Amazon

Elianah

Like Lapis, I too find myself waylaid by a bug today. Thought it might be a good time to look at how the Pluto transit was affecting me. Of course, I had forgotten that once it began to move direct again, it would be in orbal square of my Virgo MC/Pisces IC axis. Playing into this is the fact that transiting Venus is trining my MC and sextiling my IC.

What I am thinking is that the Sag Pluto is challenging me to transform the way I view myself in within the little public (4th) and the greater public (10th). How important for me is remaining part of the family (4th) in order to carry out my soul's role in the public?

The roles I play in these areas, of course, reflect back onto my Sag ASC and how I project myself into the world, first on family/clan, then those closest to me, and finally into the greater world, which recycles their reflections back to me. Maybe this is the only true perpetual motion machine there is, always translating feedback into action.

Anyway, transiting Sag Pluto here is like a wise student who transverses the many interrelationships between the four angles and transforms them in such a way that the soul is able to come through. Now this is not an easy process for the energy within the ASC is being bombarded by the feedback from family/clan, significant others and the public on what they think the ASC should be returning to them. The ASC needs to learn to balance the demands of the other angles and determine what is right for it while maintaining its community in a healthy way. The student studies what it needs from the community (the other angles) and then teaches the community what that is while respecting the needs of the community.

The transformation/transmutation of Pluto in 1st house Sag is the ability for the ASC to say "I have value as myself in the community and I will give of myself to the community for that is part of my spiritual quest towards my wholeness."

The transiting Venus aspects to the MC/IC axis says that I must value what I need within the context of the family/clan and public and balance the needs in order to maintain and sustain my resources and worth within the greater community.

Or at least that is what the configuration is saying today. :)

A

Anonymous

THANK YOU, Guest, and
of course, thanks Elianah,
.....that last post is so wise
and so appropriate for
this Sag rising, as well!

What I am thinking is that the Sag Pluto is challenging me to transform the way I view myself in within the little public (4th) and the greater public (10th). How important for me is remaining part of the family (4th) in order to carry out my soul's role in the public?

The roles I play in these areas, of course, reflect back onto my Sag ASC and how I project myself into the world, first on family/clan, then those closest to me, and finally into the greater world, which recycles their reflections back to me. Maybe this is the only true perpetual motion machine there is, always translating feedback into action.

Anyway, transiting Sag Pluto here is like a wise student who transverses the many interrelationships between the four angles and transforms them in such a way that the soul is able to come through. Now this is not an easy process for the energy within the ASC is being bombarded by the feedback from family/clan, significant others and the public on what they think the ASC should be returning to them. The ASC needs to learn to balance the demands of the other angles and determine what is right for it while maintaining its community in a healthy way. The student studies what it needs from the community (the other angles) and then teaches the community what that is while respecting the needs of the community.

The transformation/transmutation of Pluto in 1st house Sag is the ability for the ASC to say "I have value as myself in the community and I will give of myself to the community for that is part of my spiritual quest towards my wholeness."

The transiting Venus aspects to the MC/IC axis says that I must value what I need within the context of the family/clan and public and balance the needs in order to maintain and sustain my resources and worth within the greater community.
....at least, I feel in harmony with the above today....who knows what
I will retain in my mind until tomorrow :|

Fortunately, transformation occurs on all planes/levels (not just the mental
emotional or physical....but multidimensional spiritual, too)....and I believe
this Earth community is "getting the message"

C1

AquariusMoon

wilsontc said:
The only advice I have about transits of Pluto to these points is to go with the Pluto energy, instead of trying to fight it. Pluto will rip down everything we thought was stable and secure and all we can do is to cling on to our sanity. But going through this process builds our personal power and helps us show what is REALLY important in our lives. But that wisdom can only be gained by going through the transformative Pluto process.

Very well put, Tim.

13 Sag rising here, natal Pluto in H8 cj Jupiter. My NNode is at 8 Sag, and my Sun is at 9 Gemini, and so Pluto transiting all of this seemed to work together starting with tr Pluto at 8Sag0, and my NNode at 8Sag08. I lived in a mountain forest, had a very beautiful and spiritual life, and at this time bats started flying by me late at night when I was outside, right in front of my face, and two bats actually got into my house! It was so freaky. I remember feeling at the time like that was some kind of an omen. Then all sorts of strange things started happening.

Two yrs later Pluto was exactly cj my Ascendant. By that time my whole world had completely unraveled - my long and secure marriage, my home, my social standing, my business, my ability to have children - everything - and I was in survival mode. I had given up my business willingly to move at my husband's request, and for the first time in my marriage I had been dependent on him.

According to Jeff Green, our Plutonian transformation has to do with Pluto's polarity point. In my case that is H2. So I am supposed to be financially independent and not rely on others. The negative traits of H8 Pluto would be manipulation, humiliation, betrayal, abuse - financial or otherwise - secrets, crime, abandonment, death, impotence. I must say that my marriage had been a very successful one until 9 months after I stopped working. Then things completely changed. I thought things would change back again, and so I hung in there and prayed, kept good thoughts because I "knew" we would never divorce. In hindsight, I would've been much better off had I gotten a divorce right away, but I have H7 Venus in Cancer that semisextiles my Sun, so I'm not the divorce type.

I had 4 close friends who were very intuitive, and all told me that I was in extreme danger financially and that I was even possibly in danger of losing my life, but I didn't believe them. No way! To me that sounded very bizarre. I had consulted a fairly well known psychic in L.A. from time to time. She had a program, and my husband had started to advertise on her program. One day I consulted her and asked her what she thought was really going on in my marriage. She told me point blank that my marriage was over. I just couldn't believe it. I told my husband what she said and asked him if this was true. He denied it, and a few days later I received a call from the psychic, and she told me that she was wrong, that there was nothing wrong with my marriage lol. It's like I was in heavy denial and I couldn't face what was happening.

The prior year there had been an eclipse opposing my H8 Pluto, an eclipse opposing my H2 Chiron, and an eclipse to my H2 Moon which is at the critical degree, which was the Aug 1999 Grand Cross at 18 deg fixed cj Serpentis. I wasn't into astrology then.

So many things happened. It was a very dramatic transit. I remember feeling like I had been thrown into a deep, dark pit, abandoned, left to die, and that there was no way out. I was on my own, with no relatives in my state and only $300. I went from living the perfect life in a house that had been in a magazine to renting a room in a condo. Many of my friends stuck with me for a while, but there was so much drama and things dragged on for so long, all of my relationships with my nonspiritual friends were wiped out. I think it was just too hard for them to watch. My mother got so upset and was so angry every week when I would call and tell her the latest things that were going on that first year that I believe this heavily contributed to her having a massive heart attack as she was so worried about me.

I finally listened to my friends and could see how it might be possible that my husband was actually planning to kill me so that he wouldn't have to pay me 1/2 of our assets, so I moved away and didn't let him know where I was. He hid many of our assets, but I ended up getting some of them. He, a Sagittarius lawyer with a H1 Pluto, tr Pluto cj his H5 Saturn, Sun and Vertex, H8 Mars in Pisces, strung our divorce out for 3 yrs and stopped coming to the court proceedings, so we had to proceed as if he were dead. Six months after our divorce was final he died suddenly of an embolism. I found out from the IRS, who had contacted me to pay $100,000 of his taxes, both a huge shock, which I thankfully ended up not having to pay.

My looks did end up changing as I had to cut out visits to the salon and I didn't eat very much. So I went down to a perfect size 6 and my hair grew long. I thought I was too old to wear long hair, but then I started getting carded when I'd go to the store to buy wine. This happened many, many times. I attracted many suitors. I think Pluto does make you more attractive and magnetic for some reason, part of the transformational process, knights in shining armor wanting to rescue the damsel in distress.

Despite everything I went through, I felt I received lots of protection from the Universe starting from day 1. I'm glad that I had a belief system in place before this transit, and that belief system was the one thing I had that I did not lose, and the Universe responded to me with love every step of the way. Many absolutely amazing things happened. It was truly like the best of times (on a spiritual level), and the worst of times (emotionally and materially).

Right now tr Pluto is trining my natal Jupiter, then back to natal Pluto. 8 yrs later, much of my life has been restored, but I have lost my naivete. I'm a survivor. The lessons I've learned have gone cellular. If I do remarry, I'll be very, very careful with my finances and keep things separate. Little things that used to annoy me no longer bother me. I know what I'm truly capable of when the chips are down and know that no one is ever really alone. I know what my greatest asset is. This has been a transit on a soul level, and Pluto is only 1/2 way through H1. I'm enjoying this time in my life now, and looking forward to tr Pluto and Jupiter trining natal Pluto and Jupiter. Pluto won't oppose or square anything in my chart for several years.

AqMoon

wilsontc

Staff member
thanks, to Aquarius

Aquarius,

Thanks for the compliment! :) And for giving such a great example of "living astrology", showing how Pluto energy works itself out in our lives.

Thankfully,

Tim

AquariusMoon

Thanks, Tim :) I hope it's helpful in some way to someone.

Hey, Amazon, when Saturn was opp Pluto - fun times - not!

Your Asc is cj my NNode, 8 Sag, which is cj Antares. Your Sun also opposes your Asc as does my Sun opp my NNode, cj Aldeberan. Perhaps being cj those fixed stars had something to do with the transit being so extra nasty. What do you think about that in relation to your transit (if you're still around)? Antares, which also cj'd my husband's Sun, the definition sounds very warriorlike to me, but is said to be a fortunate fixed star, and Aldeberan sounds super, but is said to be unfortunate.

Any comments anyone?

Well, like all Pluto and/or nodal transits, it certainly was very karmic to say the least.

AqMoon

Francesca

I have Capricorn in the 5th house,and in looking forward to Pluto in Capricorn, I am developing a fear that my only daughter might die. I realize this is an extreme possibility, but Pluto will be conjuncting my Lilith and opposing my Cancer sun,moon,mercury and venus. What are the chances, realistically? If no one is comfortable with that question, have you any insights on this type of Pluto transit in general? Thanks

AquariusMoon

http://members.aol.com/metafizz/meta11.htm

The above is an article I like a lot called, "Through a Pluto Transit Darkly (Dealing with Transit Anxiety)," that I would like to share with you.

Outer planet transits can be much feared ones, especially Pluto transits. I think this is to be expected because no one likes change that is initiated without conscious choice, much less transformation. Our imaginations can run wild anticipating what Pluto will bring.

Keep in mind, though, that more often than not the transformation is for the better in some way. In my above case it was better for me that I went through that divorce and saw my ex-husband for who he was, dark side and all, rather than if we had stayed together and I remained oblivious, since he was going to die anyway. It was easier for me to move forward that way. I didn't have to deal with his unfinished business, tie up loose ends at his office. That would've been very stressful. All in all, I think the Pluto transit ended up being much to my benefit, especially psychologically.

AqMoon

Last edited:

Alice

Hi AqMoon :)

I reach for another glass of wine as I prepare to talk about my pluto conjunct Asc transit some 15 years ago...

I'm an only adopted child who never really clicked with her adoptive parents. My father was angry and violent (although never sexually abusive or anything) and my mother, a Scorpio, is simply someone I've never felt I can trust. So I began to run from them as soon as was old enough. I've never felt I could cut the ties (I'd like to often though) but then again I've never wanted to be anywhere near them and so at 19 I came to London. By the time I was 25 I was doing okay - living with a rich boyfriend in an exclusive part of town, studying (albeit late) for a degree and feeling like I was just about to settle in life.

Almost like a witch in a fairy story, my adoptive mother called on my 25th birthday to say that she had tracked down my natural mother (using the telephone book) and that she had sent photos and given her my number. All without my knowledge. I was so shocked that I fell backwards, and I remember that for some reason I sat in the bath for ages and ages. The next day, my real mother called me up and we spent hours on the phone talking non stop. I suppose I could have said 'no - I don't want to do this this way - I need time', but I was too bowled over.

One thing lead to another and I ended up going to Devon to meet my natural mothers family, and going to South Africa to meet my natural father and his family.

Initially it was so exciting. But there was also something wrong. I rushed into changing my surname (I changed it to my natural fathers' - later I also changed my christian name) and I wanted to destroy everything from my past. I burnt anything with my old name on it (including my birth certificate) and I became very preoccupied with wanting to live in South Africa.

My relationship suffered and ended because of it, I did move to South Africa but was hopeless at being able to look after myself, my life seemed to spiral out of control and I ended up returning to my adoptive parents, returning to London, returning to education (to do an MA) and then jobless and alone at the age of 30. None of the 'new' family connections lasted. I think that for some of them, I was just a matter of curiosity, for others, I was obviously too much to cope with, I had nothing in common with some and I probably (overall) seemed scarily unstable.

Things did right themselves to some extent (I met the man I'm still married to at 31) and am now self employed, but I've never completely recovered from that five year period where I seemed to lose myself and my sense of reality completly.

Family relationships never mended and I decided against having my own. I'm still unsure of who or what I am - maybe when Pluto finishes with me once and for all when it makes its final transit over my moon later this year. Maybe I'll finally feel more settled - I really hope so.

Certainly I now feel like another upheaval is coming - hence my panicky posts (probably).

I definitely feel I've experienced the 'death' involved in a Pluto transit, but not entirely sure about the transformation and healing :(

Anyways. That's my experience of Pluto - a git of a planet...

Arian Maverick

This is a fascinating story, Alice, though now I'm a bit concerned of the affect transiting Pluto will have on my Midheaven...

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

What is the feeling when transiting Pluto sextiles the Asc.? I am currently experiencing this at the moment.

According to Pluto Transits from Cafe Astrology...

Pluto Transits Sextile Ascendant

*This is a positive time when you express your deepest feelings openly and intensely. You seek intensity in your life and in your relationships, and you become more aware of hidden sides of your personality, untapped talents and interests, and also emotional blocks or confusions. Underlying motives come to the surface and relationships become deeper and more meaningful.

*You express great intensity and passion in the way you appear and express yourself to others. You almost transfix those who meet you with your fixedness and sense of power.

Arian Maverick

pisceskitty

:eek: Wow! little 'ol me? that was amazing. i have been feeling alot more intense lately. Not in a negative way. I have always been somewhat of a shy person. I have alot of water in my chart, and I tend to become overwhelmed by everything! I feel more prepared to deal with certain things that will be coming my way. I'm still a little nervous as far as my personal life in goes. I am almost sure I will be ok.