8 Quindeciles in my natal chart

fastlane69

I am hoping someone can help me with this. If anyone has experience delineating the quindecile aspect, please offer your opinion as to what all this means.
I have a total of 8 quindecile aspects in my natal chart. I will attach a copy of my natal chart as a reference, and list all the quindecile aspects that my software found.
Venus Quindecile Uranus, Saturn Quindecile Mars, Saturn Quindecile Uranus, Mercury Quindecile Uranus, Jupiter Quindecile Pluto, Jupiter Quindecile Midheaven, Sun Quindecile Midheaven, Sun Quindecile Pluto. All are within the allowed orb for this aspect.
I know this aspect represents obsession/compulsion, but with this many I don't understand all the ramifications. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I would keep to orbs of one degree for this aspect. The Saturn Mars quindecile seems to have an orb of one degree 34 minutes.

This aspect series is based on multiples of 15 degrees, which means that factors which make these aspects are attuned to one another in the 24th harmonic (360 / 15 = 24). So these aspects show up as sextiles in the 4th harmonic chart, or as squares in the 6th harmonic chart. Whichever chart you use to look at them, many astrologers feel that it is only worth considering them if they form a strong configuration in one of these charts - for example, a grand cross or t square in the 6th harmonic chart; or a kite or mystic rectangle, etc in the 4th harmonic chart.

Because the number 24 is comprised of 3 as well as 2 (24 = 2 x 2 x 2 x 3) is blends the qualities of hard and soft aspects. The basic aspect which does this is the sextile (6 = 2 x 3). The quindecile has a couple more 2s thrown in, so yes we could expect it to express more forcefully. But we would also expect it to express very subtly and unconsciously because it is based on a relatively high number.

I would look mainly at the aspects in your list which involve a personal planet, especially those which are within half a degree of being exact. And then you could look to see what happens (internally and/or externally) when a transiting outer planet next aspects the two planets concerned by quindecile aspects.

Something worth noting is that Uranus is quindecile both Mercury and Venus, which are semisextile one another. Furthermore, Uranus is exactly opposite the Mercury/Venus midpoint. This would show up as a configuration on the 4th harmonic chart, whereby Mercury would be trine Venus, and Uranus would be sextile both Mercury and Venus. So this grouping of planets may be worth keeping in mind when interpreting your chart and looking at how transits and progressions trigger it. Each time a planet makes a traditional aspect to Mercury and Venus it also aspects Uranus by a quindecile aspect, and each time a planet aspects Uranus by a traditional aspect, it also makes a quindecile aspect to Mercury and Venus. But as is mentioned above, the effects of the configuration may be subtle. Hard aspects (opposition, square, semisquare, sesquiquadrate), and also conjunctions, to Uranus may be the most significant, because these are also hard aspects to the Mercury/Venus midpoint.

The similar instance involving Mars, Saturn and Uranus involves much wider orbs, and the semisextile between Mars and Uranus is also out of orb.

The Sun Pluto aspect seems to be well over 2 degrees from exact. The software may be using very wide orbs, which is perhaps why you ended up with 8 quindecile aspects.

miquar

Wow that seems like a massive orb. Of course most of the 24th harmonic series of aspects are already given other names - in fact all of the traditional aspects and also the semisquare and sesquiquadrate aspects are all multiples of 15 degrees. That leaves 15, 75, 105 & 165 degrees, though I have a feeling that Tyl may only consider the 165 degree angle. I think he may have decided it has a particular significance that 15, 75 and 105 don't, which is like saying a biquintle is more significant than a quintile - very strange.

fastlane69

Yes, Tyl considers the 165 degree aspect to be of importance as opposed to the other multiples. One of his students, Ricki Reeves has written a book on the subject. I should probably go ahead and pick it up. If I could afford the fee, I would have Tyl himself do a consultation for me. I believe it to be of that much importance in my chart. In the future I probably will, but at this time that is not an option which is why I am here. I tried to do research myself on this over the internet, but have not found the definitive answers that I was looking for.

Krewster

I’m with miquar on the likely lack of available justification for paying attention to the 165 while ignoring its sister aspects (the 105 and 75) as well, especially as the parent aspect of this 24-denominatored family (the 15). Like she said, it would be like saying the biquintile is special, while ignoring the quintile (a stance for which I have seen no support in observation of familiars’ charts for any denominatored-grouping of aspects up through 20).
Mr. Tyl also seems to have gone through the roof with his orb allowance which violates the absolute need to avoid overlap with other aspects (so, e.g., using your stated orb-recommendation a 75 degree aspect would infringe upon the quintile’s territory, the 15 degree aspect would infringe upon the semi-decile’s territory, the 165 would infringe upon the semi-decile’s 162-degreed family member and so forth).
In sum, I suspect you will find no justification in any of your own logic, the net or your observations of familiars’ charts for granting these 24-denominatored aspects a wider orb allowance than any aspect bearing a lower denominator. Along these lines, afaik (without having studied this particular minor), all harmonically-oriented astrologers will only give the 24-denominatored aspects a 30 min orb which, in turn, allows the 12-denominatored aspectcs to enjoy a one degree orb and, likewise, the sextile a mere 2 degrees (your chart has no sextiles but if it did, you would be kicking and screaming to let go of astro self-labelling with them because of this 2 degree cut off).
Applying such principle (and you have to unless having solid ?logic not to because otherwise you are, in fact, calling an apple an orange), your chart’s listed-up stockpile of quindecile’s dwindles down to the 2 identified by miquar, composing the mentioned 165-30-165 config.
Although those two 165’s are super-tight orbed (0 and 9 min) and, so, surely part of your makeup, two other personal-planet-participating aspects are similarly tight (Sun tri-septile Uran and Mars semi-novile Nept) and Moon septile Nept is only a tad looser (while Ven 90 Nept and Merc 120 Nept also contributes to what you describe no matter their looser orbs). So don’t go astro-self-labelling all of your mentioned issues to that quindecile-Yod config.
Instead, try to isolate the influence by listing all aspects made to Merc and Ven (most notably the 11 min tight orbed semi-sextile) and only then try to isolate the feeling that may be the quindecile. For example, that Merc-Ven base might normally confer a pleasing voice while the Uran quindeciles might overwhelm that influence into scratchiness (is your voice silky or raspy?) and, etc.
Hope you'll be able to teach us about this aspect (from your own-self-observations, not net reading...;)

Last edited:

fastlane69

I did not come here to teach, Krewster. I came here to learn. That should be apparent by my post. I do not wish to get into a technical discussion about the orb allowance. Noel Tyl is far more educated in these matters than I, and both he and his student have written books on this particular matter. I didn't just pull this information off of the internet per se, but rather from excerpts from both his and Ricki Reeves writings. Tyl is a very well respected astrologer, and you admit that you don't know much if anything about this particular aspect. If you don't have anything constructive to add, could you please kindly keep your opinions to yourself?

miquar

Hi fastlane69. What Krewster has posted is probably the consensus view amongst astrologers who use higher harmonic aspects. From what I know of Tyl, it is not impossible that he would get carried away with a disproportionate treatment of one particular aspect in order to stand out as an astrologer. He may be respected by some people, but many take his views with a pinch of salt. I'm not sure why you are bothered by Krewster's informative post since you say that you are here to learn. But then again its human nature to defend what we think we know rather than face the vulnerability of ongoing open-mindedness.

fastlane69

Tyl has an education from Harvard, and has published over 30 books. And you say to take him with a pinch of salt. That's funny. :pinched:
I didn't come here to argue. Now I remember why I haven't been here in months. I came here to see if anyone had any information on quindeciles. Now I can see that no one does.

athenian200

I'm actually not convinced that harmonic charts and quindeciles are even worth paying attention to.

The view presented here, that they would have a small orb, is only among those astrologers that use them. Plenty of astrologers don't consider these aspects at all.

They are actually newly invented... no one considered them to be an aspect until very recently.

I would say it's better not to worry about them. Probably best to stick with trines, sextiles, squares, and oppositions.

miquar

I don't use higher harmonic aspects in normal practise, because one can generate so much detail that interpretation becomes impossible. Many other astrologers probably take a similar view, which is different to saying that these aspects are not valid. All aspects are based on harmonics - probably all astrology. Why would we draw a stark line between those which are valid and those which are not. And as for the notion that they are newly invented, it would be more accurate to say that they are newly discovered, like atoms and bacteria. Humanity is more sophisticated than it used to be in all sorts of ways, and astrology must reflect this to remain relevant.

fastlane69

I'm actually not convinced that harmonic charts and quindeciles are even worth paying attention to.

The view presented here, that they would have a small orb, is only among those astrologers that use them. Plenty of astrologers don't consider these aspects at all.

They are actually newly invented... no one considered them to be an aspect until very recently.

I would say it's better not to worry about them. Probably best to stick with trines, sextiles, squares, and oppositions.

Yes, better to stick with horse and buggy rather than those evil planes, trains and automobiles. Let's stop using fire while we're at it. In fact, let's all just wonder around aimlessly looking for fruits and vegetables. It's safer that way. And just who are you to say you are not convinced? What research have you done? What books have you written? What lectures have you given?
I am looking for subtle things in my personal natal chart - things that are not explained by the major aspects. So, how do you explain when these minor aspects describe certain parts of my life perfectly? You can't, because you are close-minded. That's cool, I've found my own answers before, and I'll do it again.

athenian200

That's cool, I've found my own answers before, and I'll do it again.

If that's your attitude, then please keep doing that.

Given that mentality, you shouldn't ask other people their opinions in the first place. No one deserves to be spoken to the way you speak to people.

You have every right to disagree with people's interpretations/answers, even to think it's BS or old-fashioned, but that doesn't mean you have a right to attack people.

fastlane69

If you would have read and understood my OP, then you would plainly see that I asked for input on the delineations - not a discussion of whether this aspect was even valid or what the appropriate orbs should be.
Also, trust me...I have not attacked anyone up to this point. If you are that thin-skinned to see my response as an attack, then I don't know what to tell you.

Krewster

fastlane69, your Merc suffers no aspectual challenges (even up through the 11 denominators of minor aspects I regularly use) but, rather, only supportive aspects);

and then there's its 9 min-tight 165 to Uran...

So perhaps your posts are teaching by illustration.

(and thank you for reminding me of one of the reasons I have not yet broached the 24th denominator: bec my prejudices make me want to believe cutting a supportive aspect -the 120- in half and again and again and again will not change the core influence while, more realistically, such irregular results are just what the 12th denominator poses (with the 30 vs. 150) and so why would I assume any different for the 24th.

and sorry to suggest that your own astro-self-labeling decisions will not work for you (that's not what I really believe since I have found such labeling to remain a work-in-progress through the decades).

Last edited:

fastlane69

Ok....my apologies if I have been perceived as rude and aggressive. I have been under extreme stress, so once again I say sorry.
Let's try this again....
Let's assume that an orb of one degree is all that is allowed....this is what I still have left in a less than one degree orb:
Venus Quindecile Uranus (0 deg 1 min S)
Mercury Quindecile Uranus (0 deg 10 min A)
Jupiter Quindecile Pluto (0 deg 44 min S)
Jupiter Quindecile MH (0 deg 40 min S)
Sun Quindecile MH (1 deg 5 min A)
I understand that the Jupiter/Pluto aspect affects quite a few people around my time of birth, and is such may not be quite as personal, but Jupiter is a very strong planet in my chart as is Pluto.
That still leaves 4 of these things in fairly tight orbs. Also keep in mind I am looking at the more subtle influences from my natal chart to get to the bottom of some of my problems/negative behavior patterns. I am also looking at quite a few other things such as Chiron sitting at 11 PI 35.
So once again, if any one could explain about the Quindeciles....

fastlane69

Once again here is my natal.

Attachments

• natal wheel.jpg
    natal wheel.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 43