Is this synastry dangerous??

ynnest

Actually no, I really don't think Nessus is like Pluto at all. I am not sure who came up with the theory Nessus = Pluto. Just because two planet or asteriod have a darkish reputation doesn't mean they are the same or should be lumped together.

I feel like someone probably started to use Pluto as an adjective to describe the Nessus energy, and somewhere along the line things got lost in translation and people just started to take things literally.

Here is the main difference to me:

1. Pluto, when well aspected, is turbocharged empowerment. But Nessus well aspected, at best, I've seen dormant. For example, Venus positive Pluto is unbreakable integrity and the highest form of love. Yet Nessus contacts, I have never seen it being positive with the same force a positive Pluto can be. The best, I have heard of a case when Nessus was conjunct a positive Asteroid, and the chart holder seem to be working with the abused in a research-like, intellectual fashion.

2. Nessus specifically has to do with sexual perversion. I think the practicality and point of asteroids is that asteroids give us very specific nuance and detail, that a planet will miss. Nessus specifically is the asteriod of sexual exploitation. And its a completely selfish, predatoral, abusive kind.

I just don't think asteroids carry the same power Planets do. Pluto can be positive, but asteroids only mean 1 or 2 things. That's their nature. You can't transmute the energy the same way you can the influence of a Planet. Negative asteroids are negative asteroids.

Obviously more datapoint are needed. Based on experience, I just don't think its worth the danger.

So you have decided that your experiences in regards to Nessus are true for everyone? I do not agree that asteroids cant serve a constructive function, I believe they may be more related to issues in regards to karma but that cant be applied on everyone as everyone have different starting points.

Y

ardentika

So you have decided that your experiences in regards to Nessus are true for everyone? I do not agree that asteroids cant serve a constructive function, I believe they may be more related to issues in regards to karma but that cant be applied on everyone as everyone have different starting points.

Y
I agree. There is nothing in this world that is simply negative or positive. Everything is dual, same with asteroids.

Everything described about Nessus sounds like Pluto. Pluto deals with darkness, sexuality, perverse, fetish, death, obsession and yada yada.

And I don't believe that we are slaves to planets or asteroids. Awareness changes everything for the better.

ynnest

I agree. There is nothing in this world that is simply negative or positive. Everything is dual, same with asteroids.

Everything described about Nessus sounds like Pluto. Pluto deals with darkness, sexuality, perverse, fetish, death, obsession and yada yada.

And I don't believe that we are slaves to planets or asteroids. Awareness changes everything for the better.

I see astrology in general as broad themes that then can be sharply colored by our intent, desire and imagination.

Y

Aphrodite1sthouse

Could his Nessus on my asc be alot like if he had Pluto on my asc? I feel that Nessus is worse and more uncontrollable?

GemwDepth

Account Closed

Y

True for everyone? If you read my comments above you'll see I made that disclaimer more than twice. Again my advice is not about being right, but calculating a high probability of danger using a combination of rational, astrological and intuitive functions.

You guys seem to be bogged down on theory, and a theory not backed up by much at this point. The effect of Nessus is a new discovery that seemed to be pioneered / discovered by Amy Manning. The fact it reached the scale of knowledge so fast on the www - just in a couple of years - means that she is and was clearly onto something.

There is no consensus among astrologers how it works at this point.

To me, if I see a conflict between experience and theory. I'll sooner throw away the textbook, and trust my own experience before all else. But everyone is welcome to choose and think differently.

I also don't understanding why people are commenting on Nessus if they have zero personal experience with it?

Note and going back to the core issue. OP's issue really isn't about Nessus on Synastry. Its the fact the OP seem to be over-analyzing, spending extraordinary amount of time on synastry on a guy she has yet to speak a word to. A stranger with no relationship to her as of now. This is really the core issue (and I attributed to her Venus-Neptune and Mars-Jupiter).

I've contributed my share and I am off this thread.

Last edited:

ardentika

True for everyone? If you read my comments above you'll see I made that disclaimer more than twice. Again my advice is not about being right, but calculating a high probability of danger using a combination of rational, astrological and intuitive functions.

You guys seem to be bogged down on theory, and a theory not backed up by much at this point. The effect of Nessus is a new discovery that seemed to be pioneered / discovered by Amy Manning. The fact it reached the scale of knowledge so fast on the www - just in a couple of years - means that she is and was clearly onto something.

There is no consensus among astrologers how it works at this point.

To me, if I see a conflict between experience and theory. I'll sooner throw away the textbook, and trust my own experience before all else. But everyone is welcome to choose and think differently.

I also don't understanding why people are commenting on Nessus if they have zero personal experience with it?

Note and going back to the core issue. OP's issue really isn't about Nessus on Synastry. Its the fact the OP seem to be over-analyzing, spending extraordinary amount of time on synastry on a guy she has yet to speak a word to. A stranger with no relationship to her as of now. This is really the core issue (and I attributed to her Venus-Neptune and Mars-Jupiter).

I've contributed my share and I am off this thread.

Well you passionately defended your theory of how Nessus is dangerous, and it's a bit ridiculous to call someone dangerous for an asteroid. No one knows the exp with Nessus, not even you, because as I said your experience might have not been entirely Nessus, but other aspects you missed. So it's just a theory. That's what we are trying to say, it's not the major problem.

This is why I asked if the OP has any relationship with that person, because this seems as obsessive behaviour that won't lead to much. So to OP, I suggest you let go or act. If this person is being shady and stalkery , be cautious and do whatever you need to do to be protected. I hope this is not some Stockholm syndrome...

GemwDepth

Account Closed
it's a bit ridiculous to call someone dangerous for an asteroid.

Note its not the asteriod or man that I am calling dangerous, my reference to danger is my overall and very layered analysis of the situation. There is a great distinction between situation and a person or thing.

I can see how my comments seemed strong, and strong language will always cause and invite controversy. I still stand by them nonetheless through personal experience.

Its not about the effect of one asteriod that is worrying, its about the coincidences this asteriod has shown up in all dangerous situations so far, in my life. And backed up from other astrologers who have specifically researched many cases where this asteriod is prominent, with the 'abuse' connection. That is the worrying factor.

The overwhelming, layered evidence is why I believe it is a negative asteriod. At best (when not prominent or well aspected), the effect is dormant. But it is not Pluto and people reading it should not get Nessus mixed up with Pluto.

They have very little to do with each other, other than the darkish reputation.

Ok off now for real. This is getting way too long :D

Last edited:

ardentika

Note its not the asteriod or man that I am calling dangerous, my reference to danger is my overall and very layered analysis of the situation. There is a great distinction between situation and a person or thing.

I can see how my comments seemed strong, and strong language will always cause and invite controversy. I still stand by them nonetheless through personal experience.

Its not about the effect of one asteriod that is worrying, its about the coincidences this asteriod has shown up in all dangerous situations so far, in my life. And backed up from other astrologers who have specifically researched many cases where this asteriod is prominent, with the 'abuse' connection. That is the worrying factor.

The overwhelming, layered evidence is why I believe it is a negative asteriod. At best (when not prominent or well aspected), the effect is dormant. But it is not Pluto and people reading it should not get Nessus mixed up with Pluto.

They have very little to do with each other, other than the darkish reputation.

Ok off now for real. This is getting way too long :D
This deserves a new topichaha

Aphrodite1sthouse

Well you passionately defended your theory of how Nessus is dangerous, and it's a bit ridiculous to call someone dangerous for an asteroid. No one knows the exp with Nessus, not even you, because as I said your experience might have not been entirely Nessus, but other aspects you missed. So it's just a theory. That's what we are trying to say, it's not the major problem.

This is why I asked if the OP has any relationship with that person, because this seems as obsessive behaviour that won't lead to much. So to OP, I suggest you let go or act. If this person is being shady and stalkery , be cautious and do whatever you need to do to be protected. I hope this is not some Stockholm syndrome...
Is was planning on letting go or acting, thats why i posted this thread to know if i should act or if our synastry is too bad. So what do you think i should do?

ardentika

Is was planning on letting go or acting, thats why i posted this thread to know if i should act or if our synastry is too bad. So what do you think i should do?

Look, no one can tell you what you should do. Seriously. If you even want to pursue relationships you have to be mature enough to be able to make your own decisions. Obviously everyone has their opinions, and if you listen to all of them, you won't end to conclusion. You will just be stuck in a cycle of overthinking and torturing yourself. So just do whatever you feel it's best to do. If you decide to try , be prepared for anything. If you decide to let go, make sure you truly feel that way, otherwise you will be torturing yourself again. Sometimes its best for us to try and be rejected or disappointed than to ask ourselves "What if?"

Aphrodite1sthouse

Look, no one can tell you what you should do. Seriously. If you even want to pursue relationships you have to be mature enough to be able to make your own decisions. Obviously everyone has their opinions, and if you listen to all of them, you won't end to conclusion. You will just be stuck in a cycle of overthinking and torturing yourself. So just do whatever you feel it's best to do. If you decide to try , be prepared for anything. If you decide to let go, make sure you truly feel that way, otherwise you will be torturing yourself again. Sometimes its best for us to try and be rejected or disappointed than to ask ourselves "What if?"
Ok sorry haha I was just asking for peoples opinions because I wanted other peoples thoughts since im new to astrology and I dont know what every synastry aspect means. Of course Im not going to make a choice based only of what people write but other peoples experiences and thoughts can help :p

ardentika

Ok sorry haha I was just asking for peoples opinions because I wanted other peoples thoughts since im new to astrology and I dont know what every synastry aspect means. Of course Im not going to make a choice based only of what people write but other peoples experiences and thoughts can help :p

Well the thing about synastry is very complex and it takes time to show up. And it's not okay to base your decisions on a synastry that you have never felt. It's one thing to be in a relationship with someone for a year lets say, and ask for synastry help to help you bring awareness and how you can deal with issues within the relationship. But you can't expect a helpful answer when it comes to synastry with someone you have no connection to, because no matter what we say here, good or bad, it might turn out to be the opposite. That's why I'm saying synastry does not matter when there is no connection. Not even a little, like friendship.

Aphrodite1sthouse

Well the thing about synastry is very complex and it takes time to show up. And it's not okay to base your decisions on a synastry that you have never felt. It's one thing to be in a relationship with someone for a year lets say, and ask for synastry help to help you bring awareness and how you can deal with issues within the relationship. But you can't expect a helpful answer when it comes to synastry with someone you have no connection to, because no matter what we say here, good or bad, it might turn out to be the opposite. That's why I'm saying synastry does not matter when there is no connection. Not even a little, like friendship.

We worked at the same job for a while and had amazing chemistry and then he followed me like that so of course I want to know if there is something in our synastry. Its not like I saw him in the streets and now Im posting our synastry. And im not saying that because someone writes that I should avoid him I will. Of course im not basing my descisions on or synastry im just simply asking what people have to say about our synastry aspects Jesus

ardentika

We worked at the same job for a while and had amazing chemistry and then he followed me like that so of course I want to know if there is something in our synastry. Its not like I saw him in the streets and now Im posting our synastry. And im not saying that because someone writes that I should avoid him I will. Of course im not basing my descisions on or synastry im just simply asking what people have to say about our synastry aspects Jesus
Relax, no need to get aggitated, I was just telling you my opinion on synastry :D

However, I said already the synastry looks overall good, I don't know how accurate his birth time is but there is some nice alignment of angles, and that's what creates such a strong chemistry. I'm surprised you never took it further. You seem to have natally Moon conj. Nessus, so I wouldn't worry much about nessus since it's already prominent in your own chart. It seems to be an agenda in your life you can't escape, so no need to run from that guy. Just be mindful, be careful and be aware of how you act and react, and you shud be good.

Aphrodite1sthouse

Relax, no need to get aggitated, I was just telling you my opinion on synastry :D

However, I said already the synastry looks overall good, I don't know how accurate his birth time is but there is some nice alignment of angles, and that's what creates such a strong chemistry. I'm surprised you never took it further. You seem to have natally Moon conj. Nessus, so I wouldn't worry much about nessus since it's already prominent in your own chart. It seems to be an agenda in your life you can't escape, so no need to run from that guy. Just be mindful, be careful and be aware of how you act and react, and you shud be good.
Yes Nessus is prominent in my Chart and i think thats why I attract Nessus relationstips you are very right. Sometimes when I should be scared I get interested instead like when he followed me.

ardentika

Yes Nessus is prominent in my Chart and i think thats why I attract Nessus relationstips you are very right. Sometimes when I should be scared I get interested instead like when he followed me.

Thars fine, yer still very young and such things excite you, but with growing up and maturing this will change I can assure you. Awareness changes everything. Just ask yourself why are you attracted to this type of connection.