Will I get into grad school

drameh

Dear everyone,

Hi. I hope all is well. I am posting a question about a specific grad school in the arts. I have been applying persistently here. In 2016 I created a horary chart, and back then it looked like a yes, but it did not work out.

In the meantime, I learned more about horary charts, so I am able to ask the question again while offering my (modest) personal interpretation and kindly request your input.

The ascendant is Pisces, it appears. It trines the Sun in Leo. Moon sextiles Jupiter, ruler of H9. I want to stop there and say YES but Jupiter's placement leads me to do a double take.

Mars is in H11, but retrograde and square Jupiter, ruler of H9 (institution). This specific program is known for its tight-knit community, so I want to believe this H11 placement may not be all bad, but I already suspect I am fooling myself. Mars is also squaring or opposing pretty much everything else here. Mercury is in Leo but square Jupiter. Is Mercury trine MC promising enough?

I am not sure if these aspects say I will get in, and it will be hard work and difficult, or if I should outright change course. This is for a very specific school I'd LOVE to get into. I have already interviewed here and a male in a position of power sabotaged my interview with an inappropriate question. Would this male be represented by Capricorn, or the retro Mars, signifying a change of decision?

Since it is the arts and the program is somewhat untraditional, I also wonder if I should look into H5 or the place of Venus. Venus trine Moon in 10th is promising, especially regarding that this is a selective program and the connections and opportunities may ensure a good boost for my career.

I am a rookie, so please feel free to correct me if I am interpreting this really incorrectly.

With many thanks.

NOTE: I am between 27 and 30 years old, so I imagine the ascendant being at 0, 1, 2, 27-29 degrees does not really make the chart void?

Attachments

• astro_2at_will_i_get_into_grad_school_hr.71452.38351.jpg
    astro_2at_will_i_get_into_grad_school_hr.71452.38351.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Sunrise

Dear everyone,

Hi. I hope all is well. I am posting a question about a specific grad school in the arts. I have been applying persistently here. In 2016 I created a horary chart, and back then it looked like a yes, but it did not work out.

In the meantime, I learned more about horary charts, so I am able to ask the question again while offering my (modest) personal interpretation and kindly request your input.

The ascendant is Pisces, it appears. It trines the Sun in Leo. Moon sextiles Jupiter, ruler of H9. I want to stop there and say YES but Jupiter's placement leads me to do a double take.

Mars is in H11, but retrograde and square Jupiter, ruler of H9 (institution). This specific program is known for its tight-knit community, so I want to believe this H11 placement may not be all bad, but I already suspect I am fooling myself. Mars is also squaring or opposing pretty much everything else here. Mercury is in Leo but square Jupiter. Is Mercury trine MC promising enough?

I am not sure if these aspects say I will get in, and it will be hard work and difficult, or if I should outright change course. This is for a very specific school I'd LOVE to get into. I have already interviewed here and a male in a position of power sabotaged my interview with an inappropriate question. Would this male be represented by Capricorn, or the retro Mars, signifying a change of decision?

Since it is the arts and the program is somewhat untraditional, I also wonder if I should look into H5 or the place of Venus. Venus trine Moon in 10th is promising, especially regarding that this is a selective program and the connections and opportunities may ensure a good boost for my career.

I am a rookie, so please feel free to correct me if I am interpreting this really incorrectly.

With many thanks.

NOTE: I am between 27 and 30 years old, so I imagine the ascendant being at 0, 1, 2, 27-29 degrees does not really make the chart void?

hi there,
i will try to give my opinion,
there is a trine going through the Moon up there in the 10th house. And that shows some positive development on your subject.
The Moon will find Jupiter and then transfer its light to Venus. Venus is the natural planet of art

However, what I do not know if it works positively is the reception between the planets.
That is, the Moon in its own detriment and in the fall of Jupiter.
Jupiter in the fall of the Moon and the weakness of Venus
we will wait for you to tell us.
hope the best

drameh

hi there,
i will try to give my opinion,
there is a trine going through the Moon up there in the 10th house. And that shows some positive development on your subject.
The Moon will find Jupiter and then transfer its light to Venus. Venus is the natural planet of art

However, what I do not know if it works positively is the reception between the planets.
That is, the Moon in its own detriment and in the fall of Jupiter.
Jupiter in the fall of the Moon and the weakness of Venus
we will wait for you to tell us.
hope the best

Thank you Sunrise, very very much. It may be as late as March 2019 until I know. So, for learning’s sake, Mars and Mercury aren’t really relevant here for the reading in this case? The Moon-Jupiter-Venus relationship couldn’t be interpreted as the situation having a positive outcome but a low likelihood of happening?

Thank you v much once again!

Sunrise

Thank you Sunrise, very very much. It may be as late as March 2019 until I know. So, for learning’s sake, Mars and Mercury aren’t really relevant here for the reading in this case? The Moon-Jupiter-Venus relationship couldn’t be interpreted as the situation having a positive outcome but a low likelihood of happening?

Thank you v much once again!
hi again,
Mars and Mercury aren’t really relevant here for the reading in this case?
can i ask you why Mars and Mercury??? How do you explain this in your chart?? can you give me your thouthgs please!

Moon-Jupiter-Venus relationship couldn’t be interpreted as the situation having a positive outcome but a low likelihood of happening?
That was i telling you about, i believe for something good results in your case.
but we will see. Let us know

drameh

hi again,
can i ask you why Mars and Mercury??? How do you explain this in your chart?? can you give me your thouthgs please!

That was i telling you about, i believe for something good results in your case.
but we will see. Let us know

I thought since Mercury was associated with school and learning it would be significant, and Mars might signify a decision or the reversal of one? In any case, since I don't know much these were just hunches.

Thank you again :smile:

tikana

I thought since Mercury was associated with school and learning it would be significant, and Mars might signify a decision or the reversal of one? In any case, since I don't know much these were just hunches.

Thank you again :smile:

nope.. merc has nothing to do with schools

jup natural ruler of schools

tikana

IMO it is a waste of time

moon is you since jup is taken - 9th house
jup is entering 8th house - house of debt

moon sextiles jup but its such an ugly sextile i am seeing it as a square

if you get in, you will hate it

muchacho

That's an interesting theory. I wouldn't put much faith in this chart though if ASC is in the last degree.

Anyway, very bad receptions. Also, Moon surrounded by malefics. However, applying aspect between Moon and L9 by sextile. Which should at least get you an interview. But given the bad receptions, I'm not sure if its worth it.

drameh

Gotcha. Thank you! I think I already hate the idea of it, ha.

drameh

That's an interesting theory. I wouldn't put much faith in this chart though if ASC is in the last degree.

Anyway, very bad receptions. Also, Moon surrounded by malefics. However, applying aspect between Moon and L9 by sextile. Which should at least get you an interview. But given the bad receptions, I'm not sure if its worth it.

Worth it meaning worth interpreting the chart or worth pursuing school? In any case, thank you so much for your kind reply. Late ASC issue did tell me maybe it was a done deal and I was having trouble accepting it.

Bests :smile:

muchacho

Worth it meaning worth interpreting the chart or worth pursuing school? In any case, thank you so much for your kind reply. Late ASC issue did tell me maybe it was a done deal and I was having trouble accepting it.

Bests :smile:
Worth it meaning going to that school.

Late degree ASC could mean many things. It could even mean that you are not even eligible and therefore are wasting your time. I've seen such cases already.