House Spans ?

wilsontc

Staff member
interceptions, to Sun

Sun,

You asked:
I have Numerous Friends /Relatives Natal Charts to practice on now and wondered why at times does a 'House' span two signs ?

If you were born near one of the poles and you use an unequal house system to calculate your chart, you may get one or more "interceptions" in your chart. An "interception" is when one sign is entirely contained between the cusp of one house and the house that follows it. For example, if the sign Leo is entirely contained in the 5th house (Cancer is on the cusp of the 5th house and Virgo is on the cusp of the 4th house), then Leo is "intercepted" in the 5th house.

Explaining,

Tim

Sun Scor Moon Aqu Asc Vir

Sorry Sweetie :confused: That went straight over the top of my head :innocent:

This is one such chart I did recently (love the cat cradle pattern it portrays btw) :D tis the Artist in me ..

I did it in Astro.com so automatically assumed it would be equal house but clearly not ...

What caught my attention was the 2 sign coverage space of an empty 12th house ..

Would the signs change if the sectors were equal ?

Attachments

• S 1.gif
    S 1.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 17

dr. farr

Interception, or one house spanning 2 signs, etc., are exclusively the result of the type of house erection mathematical format one selects to do the chart. The only house system format in which only one sign is to be found in each seperate single house, is the original house system format of the Greek astrologers (and early Vedic astrologers also) known as the sign/house or "whole sign" system; on astro.com this house format can be selected from the list of choices on the drop down menu. It may be enlightening to compare the results of the same astrological chart data in whole sign format, to the results shown in other house-system formats.