Read my charts - your insights are welcome

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
The years around your progressed ascendant changing signs are always significant. That's true of all progressed planets changing signs, too, except Moon, which changes signs every couple of years. Takeaway: this is a significant time in your life.

Your progressed Venus just changed signs, too. Since Venus is your ascendant ruler, that, I would think, is prompting some revolution in sense of self/how you interact with the world.

I think it may take about eight months to find your new direction, if you do the work to find it now. That doesn't mean you should wait eight months to apply for a new job. If your current one is really unbearable, staying there will hinder you finding a new direction. But if you do look for a new job now, I think it would be best to look for something with a built in end date. Maybe a contracted position that's only for a year or two at most. That way, you can get out of this situation and give yourself some breathing room, without committing to anything permanent.

And that way, you'll feel free to move on when you figure out what you want to be doing and find the opportunity.

Ok this is good to know and I will take this info and absorb it so I can fully use it to my advantage. It all makes sense and in line with how I’m feeling right now.
I can’t feel the progression unless this is the progression feeling e.g. being more in tune with how I feel as opposed to ‘just getting on with it’.
I didn’t realise progression ascendant is life changing. I hope positively! Thanks Osamenor with your wise and factual guidance. 😊😊

Osamenor

Staff member
I can’t feel the progression unless this is the progression feeling e.g. being more in tune with how I feel as opposed to ‘just getting on with it’.
I didn’t realise progression ascendant is life changing. I hope positively! Thanks Osamenor with your wise and factual guidance. 😊😊

The life changes around progressions are subtle in and of themselves, especially while they're happening. It's looking back later that you'll realize how significant this time in your life was.

How positive the change is depends on what you do with it. Following your feelings is one way to make it work well for you.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
The life changes around progressions are subtle in and of themselves, especially while they're happening. It's looking back later that you'll realize how significant this time in your life was.

How positive the change is depends on what you do with it. Following your feelings is one way to make it work well for you.

Thank you again so much

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Not sure if I need to do a new thread or can continue on here as my natal chart is already up.

I have issues with being assertive especially at work. I deal with my own issues of suppressing my anger. It’s fluctuated over the years. So In previous jobs depending upon the situation I could be quite fiery which wasn’t good but in others situations I have been unassertive which again wasn’t good. There’s no balance.
Here, in this job i feel so unassertive and I know it’s my mindset but in my head it’s like I can’t be assertive now as they are all used to me being this way. Crazy, I know but I feel so suppressed. Also I have tried by reading book on assertiveness and watching videos on it etc but nothing is sparking me to move forward. Is there something in my natal or progressions that is affecting this and any advice you can give would be much helpful. Even your own personal experiences in assertiveness. What I don’t want is to be forced into having to be assertive. I read somewhere we go through challenges so we move forward but I don’t want anything to happen to force me. I want to be assertive with my own free will. For my mental and physical health as it’s affecting me. It stresses me out when I’m not like I want to be. Thanks for reading

Osamenor

Staff member
Assertiveness relates to Mars. Since you're learning astrology, what do you know about Mars? What do you see in your Mars placement?

We can go from there.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Assertiveness relates to Mars. Since you're learning astrology, what do you know about Mars? What do you see in your Mars placement?

We can go from there.
What I can see
I can see Mars in my 4th house of Capricorn. My sun is in Capricorn too.
Mars squares Pluto in my first house. Pluto is at 24 degrees in Libra (my ascendant) and looks like it’s about to go into 2nd house.
The house mars rules is my 7th house (Aries) which has no planets in there.
Uranus In Scorpio in my 3rd house sextile mars in 4th house.
The 3rd is an intercepted house.
Mars trines my ascendant.

What i think it means
Not sure about the other aspects but for mars square Pluto
Mars is fiery and gets things done
Pluto is deep intense and controlling
They don’t get along together
So it’s a push and pull
Looks like my sun vs my ascendant - my inter motivations vs what I show others
Capricorn is strict and Libra is airy and all smiley
That’s all I think
Did I get anything right or close to getting there?

Osamenor

Staff member
You found the relevant details! To start making sense of it:

I can see Mars in my 4th house of Capricorn.
Capricorn is Mars's sign of exaltation. That means, basically, that Capricorn showcases Mars very, very well. You've got a very strong Mars there.

Planets in angular houses (the first, fourth, seventh or tenth) are also strengthened, though the fourth house has the quietest strength, if you will. It's the bottom of the chart. The nadir, where the sun is at midnight (looks like you were born right at solar midnight, which may or may not have been midnight by the clock). That's a deeply personal house, as you've mentioned in your follow up.

My sun is in Capricorn too.
So Capricorn is a strong sign for you. Driven, determined.. that's Capricorn.

Mars trines my ascendant.
Another strengthening factor.

Uranus In Scorpio in my 3rd house sextile mars
And what do you know about Uranus? How would you describe it? Just think of Uranus for now. We can get back to Uranus/Mars from there.

Mars squares Pluto.

What i think it means
Not sure about the other aspects but for mars square Pluto
Mars is fiery and gets things done
Pluto is deep intense and controlling
They don’t get along together
So it’s a push and pull

Pluto is all about power. Yes, deep, intense, and controlling. Power struggles are Pluto. Power over, power under, power with... that's Pluto.

Fiery, assertive Mars square Pluto can bring lots of power struggles into your life. And a driving need to speak truth to power.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
You found the relevant details! To start making sense of it:

Capricorn is Mars's sign of exaltation. That means, basically, that Capricorn showcases Mars very, very well. You've got a very strong Mars there.

Planets in angular houses (the first, fourth, seventh or tenth) are also strengthened, though the fourth house has the quietest strength, if you will. It's the bottom of the chart. The nadir, where the sun is at midnight (looks like you were born right at solar midnight, which may or may not have been midnight by the clock). That's a deeply personal house, as you've mentioned in your follow up.

So Capricorn is a strong sign for you. Driven, determined.. that's Capricorn.

Another strengthening factor.

And what do you know about Uranus? How would you describe it? Just think of Uranus for now. We can get back to Uranus/Mars from there.

Pluto is all about power. Yes, deep, intense, and controlling. Power struggles are Pluto. Power over, power under, power with... that's Pluto.

Fiery, assertive Mars square Pluto can bring lots of power struggles into your life. And a driving need to speak truth to power.

Originally Posted by LunarLioness00:
Uranus In Scorpio in my 3rd house sextile mars

Uranus to me is like wind and lightening. It changes and changes fast.
Uranus rules Aquarius and it’s a modern planet. Discovered later.
It can be seen as rebellious and quickly. It creates change like the wind and lightening. Unlike Saturn who teaches lessons and covers duration, Uranus doesn’t wait around.

That’s as much as I know about Uranus.

Osamenor

Staff member
Uranus to me is like wind and lightening. It changes and changes fast.
Uranus rules Aquarius and it’s a modern planet. Discovered later.
It can be seen as rebellious and quickly. It creates change like the wind and lightening. Unlike Saturn who teaches lessons and covers duration, Uranus doesn’t wait around.

That’s as much as I know about Uranus.

Uranus is explosive energy. And yes, rebellious. Doesn't knuckle under. Needs to do its own thing. Needs to be itself. The Uranus in you is rebellious, quirky, does its own thing, and explosive, especially if suppressed.

Sextiles between planets mean they incite each other. It's like they're having a disco dancing contest: one of them busts a move, prompting the other to bust a better move, bringing out even more moves from the other, and so on, in an endless loop.

When Uranus and Mars are sextile, they're constantly inciting each other to dance. Both of them are explosive. Both of them are restless.

Uranus is also the truthsayer planet. When I said that about speaking truth to power, I was thinking of your Mars/Uranus sextile.

You mentioned being very assertive, fiery, in some situations, and unassertive in others. Without knowing exactly what happened, this is my guess, based on that Uranus/Mars/Pluto configuration: you spoke up, under that Mars/Uranus pressure, perhaps very explosively, and it got you in trouble. That traumatized you (I'm using a very broad definition of traumatized here, it doesn't have to be PTSD to be trauma), and so next time, you suppressed Mars/Uranus and became completely unassertive.

But when you suppress Mars/Uranus, you aren't whole. Furthermore, suppressing those planets sets the stage for an even bigger explosion. Sooner or later, something will wake up those planets, you won't be able to control them at all, and the fallout will be even worse.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Uranus is explosive energy. And yes, rebellious. Doesn't knuckle under. Needs to do its own thing. Needs to be itself. The Uranus in you is rebellious, quirky, does its own thing, and explosive, especially if suppressed.

Sextiles between planets mean they incite each other. It's like they're having a disco dancing contest: one of them busts a move, prompting the other to bust a better move, bringing out even more moves from the other, and so on, in an endless loop.

When Uranus and Mars are sextile, they're constantly inciting each other to dance. Both of them are explosive. Both of them are restless.

Uranus is also the truthsayer planet. When I said that about speaking truth to power, I was thinking of your Mars/Uranus sextile.

You mentioned being very assertive, fiery, in some situations, and unassertive in others. Without knowing exactly what happened, this is my guess, based on that Uranus/Mars/Pluto configuration: you spoke up, under that Mars/Uranus pressure, perhaps very explosively, and it got you in trouble. That traumatized you (I'm using a very broad definition of traumatized here, it doesn't have to be PTSD to be trauma), and so next time, you suppressed Mars/Uranus and became completely unassertive.

But when you suppress Mars/Uranus, you aren't whole. Furthermore, suppressing those planets sets the stage for an even bigger explosion. Sooner or later, something will wake up those planets, you won't be able to control them at all, and the fallout will be even worse.

What you have explained here sounds like me. However, I was never aware of this until later on, about 3/4 years ago when I had issues at my last place of a manager sweeping situations under the carpet and being deceptive especially with me. It got on top of me and I let it affect my weight, my head (severe migraines) and general stress.

I recognise times I’ve becomes that Uranus/mars energy but where it’s self destructive rather than destructive to others. Let’s say I haven’t helped my self. I feel that I should be assertive instead of the explosion situation. There should be balance.
I’m aware of this now like in the last few years however don’t know how to be. Don’t know how to deal with it and do it the way that will help me.
Uranus can be good for me when used in the right way like to get things done. Execute at speed. Other times it literally is rebellion as I’ve had the inability to be assertive so like you said I explode.
Even then it can be passive aggressive

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
So what stops you from being assertive?

It's not your birth chart. You have that ability in your chart.

I’m scared of the consequences. I’m scared of rocking the boat. I think I want an easier life so leave it but then I’m hard on myself. Other people are more assertive than me to the point that they are aggressive. I then think I’m not entertaining a fool. It’s not worth it. I take or I think I take the higher ground.

Maybe I should just get on with it but something, some kind of ‘energy’ stops me.

I honestly don’t know

Osamenor

Staff member
I’m not assertive with my bosses. I’m assertive when I’m a manager. But doesn’t that mean I hide behind my job role.

So, in other words, you're assertive when you hold the power?

Have you considered self employment? Then you'd be the one holding the power in your job.

You've got a pretty good birth chart for an entrepreneur. Whether that translates to actually having the skills and resources to become one, I don't know, but if you don't, I don't think it would be too hard for you to acquire them.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
So, in other words, you're assertive when you hold the power?

Have you considered self employment? Then you'd be the one holding the power in your job.

You've got a pretty good birth chart for an entrepreneur. Whether that translates to actually having the skills and resources to become one, I don't know, but if you don't, I don't think it would be too hard for you to acquire them.

I have thought about it. Not sure what I would do. It’s got to be something that makes enough money and enjoyable.

Osamenor

Staff member
I have thought about it. Not sure what I would do. It’s got to be something that makes enough money and enjoyable.

There's your homework, if you choose to do it: give it serious thought. Consider what you could do. Keep in mind that anything you find enjoyable is not going to be 100% enjoyable when you do it as a business. There are always going to be less pleasant sides to it. But it should be enjoyable enough to hold your focus.

And then, it looks like you may have some deeper work around your relationship to power, specifically, people who have, or who you perceive as having, power over you. That Pluto/Mars square does not indicate an easy relationship to that. It's a problem you have to solve.

Over and out. :cool:

Last edited:

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
There's your homework, if you choose to do it: give it serious thought. Consider what you could do. Keep in mind that anything you find enjoyable is not going to be 100% enjoyable when you do it as a business. There are always going to be less pleasant sides to it. But it should be enjoyable enough to hold your focus.

And then, it looks like you may have some deeper work around your relationship to power, specifically, people who have, or who you perceive as having, power over you. That Pluto/Mars square does not indicate an easy relationship to that. It's a problem you have to solve.

Over and out. :cool:

That’s good advise. Thank you 😊

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
I’ve reflected and there has to be something In my chart that stops and prevents me from being assertive.

Looking into it further I can see the 3rd intercepted. 3rd is communication. Sagittarius in 3rd. Uranus in 3rd Scorpio. It’s intercepted so I think this is causing me not to verbally be assertive and express myself truly when face to face with individuals.

Any thoughts anybody?

ElenaJ

LunartLioness, at the moment you have transiting Saturn opposing your moon, which has an effect on your emotions... sadness, depression or feeling isolated from others are some of the feelings you can have during this transit. Saturn represses, and repressing your feelings as a result keeps you from communicating with others. It can rob you of your self confidence, exaggerating what you see as defects in yourself.
Your 3rd of communication is ruled by both pluto and mars, and being in square your expression of these takes on a see-saw form.
The energies don't combine to make an average, they alternate, and set each other off.
So this in itself is a stop and go way of communicating.
Mars wants to be active and creative, pluto wants to get to the bottom of things by getting to the root cause of the matter and rebuilding from the ashes. Pluto in the 2nd of self-value wants to throw your self confidence to the winds and rebuild it, with the idea of "building it back better".
In the long run, this can be very constructive, but the intermediate process can be painful to you. This energy in fact is visible in many of the comments you wrote on the thread.
Mars in Capricorn works well, and in your chart mars also represents your partners, so the tension will leak over to that area of your life.
Capricorn is a shy sign, so any planet located here will express itself in a timid, under-toned way. But it will get itself across.
Both of these planets are also in easy aspect with Uranus, also in the 3rd, and this gives you a positive channel to work out the see-saw imbalance.
Uranus is also astrology, and naturally you are looking to astrology as a tool to help you.
Moving on, mercury is the general planet of communicating, and it is at the very last degree of its sign, so it hasn't any developmental energy to work towards. It just is, in a static way. It is also in an out of sign square to your ascendent, so the "funnel" the ascendent provides to comunicate to the outside world is a little hampered, and the energy doesn't flow easily. It flows, but in a stilted way.
Add Saturn on ascendent to make for a laid back personal expression. Jupiter is also there, and again these two energies don't combine to make a new energy, they alternate, but in an easy way.
Both Saturn and Jupiter are in close sextile to Venus, again in the 3rd house.
Very positive for expression!
All 3 are also in wide aspect with moon on north node.
Excellent intertwining of energies in your chart!
Your search might last your whole lifetime, and it is your emotional side that will help you work through it. Moon on NN is like a Polar star for you, to guide you.
Recently, with Saturn having transited in opposition you've been pushed to look at this area of your character, nose to the enlarging lens, making you investigate the roots, and after you will soar upwards like Pluto, but you will cyclically return to concentrate on this area, because this is a lifetime goal.
Moon ruling midheaven will instinctively lead you to an expression in terms of career choice.

Last edited: