Favorite films?

noraleader

Banned
this may be a bit jaded and worn around the edges,

i gave up the "tell-y" and "fill-m" and "sinema" (it's like an enema of sin!) a loong time ago, especially as methods of entrainment improve. so i even forego those things i had a predeliction for.

favourite films.....

..in enjoyed a series of black and white surrealist era movies (eg. salvador dali) the university showed once.. i remember a scene with a woman licking the pavement, maybe like aphex twin "windowlicker". to me the medium is abhorrent because "attention is the most valuable substance in the universe" and applying it without conscious discretisation to a unidirectional feed is.. "you-ni-die-wrecked-shun-all" :p ("ni" is chinese for "you" and a subjugate in western cryptocracy).

but there is one work i will mention -

richard elfman's "the forbidden zone" -

is on par with some of john waters early works, with divine.. dumb, shock, outrage and taboo, for the sake of debasement and objectivity to the morass of "popular cinematic mores".

elfman is of course a cryptocrat, and i think he is b'nai brith, there's some nudity but it's more "art film" -

what makes this film notable?

herve villachaize ("tattoo" from fantasy island) plays the king of the underworld. andoff course richard's brother plays satan. the music is tastefully surreal and the overall message of the work is good, don't you go down into that hole!

if you search on youtube you'll find several amusing scenes, it has a relatively high yield of "good parts" to "filler".

i suppose otherwise, "koyaanisqatsi" is worth a watch, if you haven't got the message about modern culture yet.

Blaze

Account Closed
American psycho is one of my favorite films. Great dark humor about a guy who reminds me of some of the other suits around me.

Another cult classic is "The Room". Great movie if you like not knowing wtf is going on.

JUPITERASC

Fritz Lang - classic 1927 sci-fi epic

METROPOLIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NzALRJifI :smile:

Rescore by The New Pollutants

haidee

Anything mind-**** (I'm in need for a better word, excusez-moi).

- Mulholland Dr.
- Memento
- Oldboy (korean movie)

Keep my mind working and twisting, that's how I like it.
I actually need some recommendations myself, if anyone knows some good ones. :v

Jaded

Premium Member
- Donnie Darko (one of Jake Gyllenhaal's best in my opinion)

- The Craft (favorite as a kid)

- I may or may not catch heck for this one but.... All the Harry Potters :innocent:

- Primal Fear

- Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit Movies

Blaze

Account Closed
Anything mind-**** (I'm in need for a better word, excusez-moi).

- Mulholland Dr.
- Memento
- Oldboy (korean movie)

Keep my mind working and twisting, that's how I like it.
I actually need some recommendations myself, if anyone knows some good ones. :v

Every watched the Six sense? Pretty cool movie, just don't look it up as you'll spoil a good plot.

- Donnie Darko (one of Jake Gyllenhaal's best in my opinion)

- The Craft (favorite as a kid)

- I may or may not catch heck for this one but.... All the Harry Potters :innocent:

- Primal Fear

- Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit Movies

Man. I could never get into LOTR. Tried the books, then the movies and it never stuck. Have you read the books?

OT: I'm gonna catch hell for this but.....I liked all the Star wars movies.....even the prequels. :bandit:

Jaded

Premium Member
Every watched the Six sense? Pretty cool movie, just don't look it up as you'll spoil a good plot.

Man. I could never get into LOTR. Tried the books, then the movies and it never stuck. Have you read the books?

OT: I'm gonna catch hell for this but.....I liked all the Star wars movies.....even the prequels. :bandit:

I didn't read any of the books, but I enjoy the movies. My husband keeps nagging me to get into Star Wars. I haven't even seen the original.

haidee

Do you mean "The Sixth Sense"? Does it have a scene with a man on fire in a mirror or something like that? :andy: But since I don't remember I guess I'll watch - possibly rewatch it. Thanks.

Blaze

Account Closed
Do you mean "The Sixth Sense"? Does it have a scene with a man on fire in a mirror or something like that? :andy: But since I don't remember I guess I'll watch - possibly rewatch it. Thanks.

Yea, that's the one. Haven't seen it in years though, so no idea about the human fire-ball thingy.

Dubyadude1986

Gran Torino, Independence Day (2 is going to be awesome!), Inception, Grandmas Boy, Black Sheep, Reign Over Me, Pay It Forward, The Truman Show (modern day society predicted 10 or so years in advance), Pentagon Wars (comedy about the military industrial complex that is all basically true), Tommy Boy, Friday, Shawkshank Redepmtion, Ghost, Gremlins, and the movie about that giant flying unicorn dog from the 1980s.

Last edited: