What's Your Favorite/Least Fav. Aspects in Natal

Jaded

Premium Member
Hello,

Recently, I had a wonderful teacher/astrologer open up some very insightful aspects in my charts. Learning astrology has been a bit of a struggle. So many "cook book" versions.

What are some of your favorite aspects and placements? The ones you look for first in reading a chart. Also what are some red flags.

These have no specific topic they can be related to relationships, money, medical, anything really. Just wanting to learn and expand my knowledge a bit.

Thank you
- Jade

P3PSI642

Any of the Pattern (T-Square, Grand Cross, Kite, Grand Trine, Yod), they give a more potent shape to the chart and I found that everything somehow revolve around those.

I actually love seeing A mars/Pluto connection. Despite all the bad things, it's a sign of immense stamina and control, those person usually possess tremendous energy and can never go unnoticed, they are great help to have in time of crisis if you ignore the explosive temper.

Any Planet in house or in sign, gives more "oomph" and makes it more prominent.

Any North Node connection

Lin

Of course I HATE to see Neptune on an angle (identity crises) and Pluto square any personal planet.
BUT.....my LEAST favorite is Mars square Venus. This is SO far reaching and everlasting in the native's life....and also is NOT obvious so it's often a "silent destroyer". Others in the person's life don't know "what the He__" is wrong with him/her....and it's never so obviously destructive as let's say Uranus square Venus....Or Pluto square Moon.
But....it is really sucky. S u c k y.
LIN

Jaded

Premium Member
Of course I HATE to see Neptune on an angle (identity crises) and Pluto square any personal planet.
BUT.....my LEAST favorite is Mars square Venus. This is SO far reaching and everlasting in the native's life....and also is NOT obvious so it's often a "silent destroyer". Others in the person's life don't know "what the He__" is wrong with him/her....and it's never so obviously destructive as let's say Uranus square Venus....Or Pluto square Moon.
But....it is really sucky. S u c k y.
LIN

Well I've posted it everywhere but let's hope you don't find my chart bahahahahaha, thank you for responding friend :wink:

ashriia

If I am looking at a chart of a stranger, like on this forum.

First I look at the angles AC/IC/MC/DC and if any planets are conjunct them.
Then follow by looking for conjunctions and oppositions. Especially involving the Nodes(North Node, South Node).
Lastly, look at Mercury if it's heavily afflicted all squares and oppositions to it or involved in a harsh t-square, I will leave it for someone else to respond lol. and see what happens :whistling:

I like venus/neptune people and venus/pluto people a great deal. venus+neptune = dreamers, perhaps spiritually attuned, or artistic.
venus+pluto= intense in the romance dept. lots of depth in the areas of romance and art, and things they appreciate. Negative sides= jealous, obsessive however -Doesn't matter if its trine, sextile, square or opposition. the obsessive behavior is always present.

I also love people with venus/moon conjunctions and jupiter/moon conjunctions. My experience with them has been very positive, as they get along with women quite easily.

I look out for Mars/Pluto oppositions or squares, in my personal relationships. Ditto for Pluto/Moon hard aspects. For anyone that likes to keep the peace in relationships this would be aspects to look out for. But someone with say an aries moon or aries sun or sag moon or sag sun I 'think' would have a much easier time dealing with the temper that is associated with those aspects.

Mars/Pluto is something I avoid entirely in relationship charts like synastry or composite. It's a major red flag, to me.

Jaded

Premium Member
If I am looking at a chart of a stranger, like on this forum.

First I look at the angles AC/IC/MC/DC and if any planets are conjunct them.
Then follow by looking for conjunctions and oppositions. Especially involving the Nodes(North Node, South Node).
Lastly, look at Mercury if it's heavily afflicted all squares and oppositions to it or involved in a harsh t-square, I will leave it for someone else to respond lol. and see what happens :whistling:

I like venus/neptune people and venus/pluto people a great deal. venus+neptune = dreamers, perhaps spiritually attuned, or artistic.
venus+pluto= intense in the romance dept. lots of depth in the areas of romance and art, and things they appreciate. Negative sides= jealous, obsessive however -Doesn't matter if its trine, sextile, square or opposition. the obsessive behavior is always present.

I also love people with venus/moon conjunctions and jupiter/moon conjunctions. My experience with them has been very positive, as they get along with women quite easily.

I look out for Mars/Pluto oppositions or squares, in my personal relationships. Ditto for Pluto/Moon hard aspects. For anyone that likes to keep the peace in relationships this would be aspects to look out for. But someone with say an aries moon or aries sun or sag moon or sag sun I 'think' would have a much easier time dealing with the temper that is associated with those aspects.

Mars/Pluto is something I avoid entirely in relationship charts like synastry or composite. It's a major red flag, to me.

Thanks for responding :)))

Yeah, I'll be brave here lol I have a Merc conj Nept

:devil::innocent: :whistling:

ashriia

Yeah, I'll be brave here lol I have a Merc conj Nept

Something that is worthy of being mentioned here, is if you want to know how you, personally will relate to someone. Memorize your own chart. For instance, say you have Mars at 28 degrees Cancer. And you meet a Cancer Sun and you find out their birthday is mid to late July. You will automatically know that you might have a Mars/Sun conjunction with them via synastry. If they are a June Cancer the degree of their sun will be earlier and will not make a conjunction with your Mars because it falls at such a late degree. But you will know that their Sun will fall in the house your Mars resides in. And you can do this kind of "astroplay" in your head very easily after you memorize your own chart.

I'm attracted to calm lovers, so seeing a moon filled with trines and sextiles make me happy.

My least favourite aspect are certain hard mercury aspects that make a person seem cunning and untrustworthy.

Jaded

Premium Member
Moon trine Uranus is so friendly and open-minded!
I think harsh aspects between Mercury and Mars get on my nerves the most. Mercury-Pluto sextile is powerful, yet subtle.

(Open minded)

That I am!!!
I've been there done that lol. I love to talk about anything and everything. Especially taboo lol. :whistling:

jkxx74

Premium Member
Mercury-Pluto sextile is powerful, yet subtle.
Probably the most flattering comment I have read about that aspect. Thank you Pink.

For me the favorite aspects would be Jupiter to the Moon, Venus, or Asc (people who have them seem really nice in a variety of ways) and Sun sextile/trine Moon in a person's chart - they are very calming even when not trying.

Least favorite would be Saturn in hard aspect to the nodes, Saturn square Sun (I hate Saturn), and an honorable mention for Pluto hard aspects to a personal planet.

Koalaman

i got

mercury in scorpio

Sun conjunction Mercury orb +0°37'
Mercury conjunction Pluto orb +4°44'
Mercury semi-square Venus orb +1°24'

seems like a chill aspect. though my mercury is combust, i say my least is the combustion

my moon seems chill also except moon opposite mars

moon in aries

Moon opposite Mars orb -5°56'
Moon trine Uranus orb -3°46'
Moon quintile Jupiter orb -0°36'
Moon trine Venus orb -7°15'

yep moon opposite mars is the more challenging of these aspects

btw my moon is at 29 degrees aries in 7th house, so does that mean it goes over to taurus cause its at 29 degrees?

ALRESCHA

Not a fan of afflicted Scorpio and Libra Moons. The worst thing I've sen yet is 8th house Aries Sun 0 Eris opposite 2nd house Libra Pluto with Lilith on Algol and a Pi Mars 180 Vi AC AND on top of that, Sco Ur 90 Leo Sa on the cusp of 12th, that is an NPD case.

I'd say Scorpio Uranus square Leo Saturn is sick. :unsure:

I love Leo and Aries Moons. And all things Gemini (except for the Moon and the Lilith). And I like BQS and Pluto-Venus aspects :love:

And Pisces Moons are my brothers :love:

Must say that I don't generalize.

The worst thing is misused Mercury.

Last edited:

guardian00angel

From my own chart, I like:
Venus sextile Mars
Venus trine Ascendant
Sun trine Neptune
Jupiter Trine Saturn

I think the combo of Venus sextile Mars & Venus trine Ascendant makes people like you more for your personality than your looks. :smile: Plus, I feel that these aspects make me a lover of love itself, life, & simplicities. With venus sextile mars, I hear you truly love who you mate with :love: So it's not shallow? :smile: Although, I fall in love too easily...

With sun trine neptune, there's a sweet compassion for humanity, talent for art or creativity, & an admiration for the spiritual. I have faith & believe in God :biggrin:

I like how Jupiter & saturn can work together in a trine to bring good outcomes through optimism & patience, even through tough times. Keeps me hopeful?

I have terrible saturn aspects though & I hate those aspects the most...
Moon square saturn makes me feel emotionally alone & hurt
Mercury square saturn I think hinders my communication.
I feel like the bad aspects I have make me completely disconnected from my fellow humans... :alien: It's really...depressing

Last edited:

Jaded

Premium Member
From my own chart, I like:
Venus sextile Mars
Venus trine Ascendant
Sun trine Neptune
Jupiter Trine Saturn

I think the combo of Venus sextile Mars & Venus trine Ascendant makes people like you more for your personality than your looks. :smile: Plus, I feel that these aspects make me a lover of love itself, life, & simplicities. With venus sextile mars, I hear you truly love who you mate with :love: So it's not shallow? :smile: Although, I fall in love too easily...

With sun trine neptune, there's a sweet compassion for humanity, talent for art or creativity, & an admiration for the spiritual. I have faith & believe in God :biggrin:

I like how Jupiter & saturn can work together in a trine to bring good outcomes through optimism & patience, even through tough times. Keeps me hopeful?

I have terrible saturn aspects though & I hate those aspects the most...
Moon square saturn makes me feel emotionally alone & hurt
Mercury square saturn I think hinders my communication.
I feel like the bad aspects I have make me completely disconnected from my fellow humans... :alien: It's really...depressing

i have a bit of a moon/Saturn aspect going on so I feel your pain there. Saturn is a terrible planet for me. Also I have Mercury conjunct Saturn. I can't seem to ever spit out what I'm trying to say. In my head I know exactly what I'm feeling and trying to express but from mind to tounge it gets misconstrued. Mercury Conj. Saturn is definitely the culprite for why no one understands anything I'm saying lol.

Jaded

Premium Member
Not a fan of afflicted Scorpio and Libra Moons. The worst thing I've sen yet is 8th house Aries Sun 0 Eris opposite 2nd house Libra Pluto with Lilith on Algol and a Pi Mars 180 Vi AC AND on top of that, Sco Ur 90 Leo Sa on the cusp of 12th, that is an NPD case.

I'd say Scorpio Uranus square Leo Saturn is sick. :unsure:

I love Leo and Aries Moons. And all things Gemini (except for the Moon and the Lilith). And I like BQS and Pluto-Venus aspects :love:

And Pisces Moons are my brothers :love:

Must say that I don't generalize.

what asteroids do you use most when genarating a natal chart?

guardian00angel

i have a bit of a moon/Saturn aspect going on so I feel your pain there. Saturn is a terrible planet for me. Also I have Mercury conjunct Saturn. I can't seem to ever spit out what I'm trying to say. In my head I know exactly what I'm feeling and trying to express but from mind to tounge it gets misconstrued. Mercury Conj. Saturn is definitely the culprite for why no one understands anything I'm saying lol.

Yeah, I understand, :sad: I actually come off as socially awkward! >.< Things in my head never seem come out right!
I blame Saturn for a lot of things tbh. I have a lot of bad aspects with it, so I feel like it hinders a lot in my life, especially when it comes to expression. :sad:

muchacho

Hello,

Recently, I had a wonderful teacher/astrologer open up some very insightful aspects in my charts. Learning astrology has been a bit of a struggle. So many "cook book" versions.

What are some of your favorite aspects and placements? The ones you look for first in reading a chart. Also what are some red flags.

These have no specific topic they can be related to relationships, money, medical, anything really. Just wanting to learn and expand my knowledge a bit.

Thank you
- Jade
Sun (Self) and Moon (Mind) are essential, no matter what topic. So you should first master the meaning of the Sun signs and Moon signs and their houses. Then you can continue with ASC (Persona) and Mercury (Intellect) and the other planets for more specific topics. And don't try to take everything they say in those cook books literally, try to look beyond the words and grasp the more general, abstract meaning behind it.