joining the forum

emilyelizabeth

Hello Good People,

Just a quick hello. I hope to add a little color and texture to a conversation or two. I'm a Cancer with a Gemini rising living in New England, and loving that there are so many interesting people in the world.

Emily Elizabeth

Attachments

• EmilysChart.gif
    EmilysChart.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 32

Arian Maverick

New England is such a lovely area; I daydream about living there sometimes, particularly in the fall when you get a lot of leaf-obsessed tourists! :p

I see that you were born on the Summer Solstice, and you've got a Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Libra! I'm particularly interested in this because I was born slightly after the first Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Capricorn; I also know a man who has the same conjunction you do, except Saturn and Neptune were both direct. He has a first house Sun and Mars as well, but both of these planets are in Leo instead of Cancer and Mars is closer to the Ascendant than Mars. It's probably better this way, because first house Sun and Mars is fiery enough as it is!

I bet it helps bolster your poor Pluto singleton--the only planet in fire.

I can't help seeing sychronicities here--I have a Pluto singleton in my chart as well, except it's the only planet in water. I see that you have plenty of water, and I have plenty of fire. Wanna trade?

Anyway, welcome to the forums! :D

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Moulin

Hello EmilyElizabeth

Welcome to the forum! It is a haven from the outside world, full of wonderful people :)

athan

Hi there EmEl and welcome to the forum!

you must be feeling a bit intense lately with all that stellium in early Capricorn opposing your Sun....

it is indeed a great forum full of people that know things and really care. What more a cancer could ask?

Enjoy

emilyelizabeth

Thanks very much for the warm welcome Everyone.

I'm a busy mom with a full-time job and fighting the good fight to impeach the bastards in the White House - hope you don't mind my frankness - so might not be as regular as some, but I'll look in on things often. Yes, my one and only planet in a fire sign isn't a personal one, so I'm a pretty watery gal - intuition is keen.

I must say that my astrology buddies in Boston have gotten into Whole House astrology and sold me on it, so that puts my Sun and Mars in the second house. Values - intensely. I do have a heavy Libra influence, as you have pointed out, Arian. My astrology teacher has been Joseph Crane who just published a book on Hellenistic Astrology. And he has been a student of Robert Hand who is in Virginia at the Catholic University there getting another PhD - this time in the Classics - while combing their ancient texts for more information on the ancient astrologies. Hand tells us that the current common choice of the Placidian system was random, and came about because of a prominent teacher's personal influence, which made it popular, having nothing to do with it's reliability. (Comments?) I've written to Astrodeinst to ask them to include the Whole House option. I use the Vedic format on my Mac Io program to allow for this.

At any rate I hope we see a big shift before 2011 or 12 when Uranus in Pisces finally transitions out. Things are so strange right now... I have a major Pluto transit too (on my DSC - opposite my Sun). Anyone see a major break coming? I thought when Mars was retrograde things would shake up in the federal government. Maybe it did. It may have brought impeachment out in a big way. Today a newspaper (the Philadelphia Inquirer) *finally* published the op-ed piece written by three members of the House Judiciary Committee on impeachment(!). That was huge.

Thanks for being there guys. Astrology is so awesome and so useful. I'm so happy to have found you.

EE

athan

EE said:
Thanks for being there guys. Astrology is so awesome and so useful. I'm so happy to have found you

We are happy too EE! Yey! let's have a golden girl hug ...lol
Cheers