intercepted signs

karlantd

Hey everyone I'm Karl, new to the forums.... I wanted to ask could anyone give me some information about my intercepted signs and what exactly do they mean...since Scorpio is intercepted by Libra and also Pluto in Scorpio in the fifth house does that mean its hard to reach and express this energy and the same for my eleventh house Taurus ...I have read some information from different sources and found out you could reach them by expressing their ruler planet.. I have Venus in the second house but Pluto is trapped within my fifth house..I also have chiron in leo in the second house I have a passion for art music and dancing but sometimes its hard for me to tap into myself and just let go... was wondering was this because of Pluto and Scorpio being intercepted by Libra since the fifth house is the house of creativity
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/karlantd/astro_2gw_01_karl701283630_zps9e0a2c29.gif

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/karlantd/astro_2gw_01_karl6979515365_zps441cf399.gif
House 1 10°30' Cancer
House 2 1°38' Leo
House 3 25°03' Leo
House 4 23°41' Virgo
House 5 28°51' Libra
House 6 6°38' Sagittarius
House 7 10°30' Capricorn
House 8 1°38' Aquarius
House 9 25°03' Aquarius
House 10 23°41' Pisces
House 11 28°51' Aries
House 12 6°38' Gemini

Sun House 4
Moon House 8
Mercury House 3
Venus House 2
Mars House 4
Jupiter House 3
Saturn House 7
Uranus House 7
Neptune House 7
Pluto House 5
Chiron House 2
Ceres House 5
Pallas House 4
Juno House 7
Vesta House 2
Node House 7
Lilith House 7
Fortune House 8

Last edited:

greybeard

Intercept: Consulting Mr. Webster and his fellow-travelers (here, dictionary.com and Funk & Wagnalls), we find the word means:

"1. to take, seize, or halt (someone or something on the way from one place to another); cut off from an intended destination
3. to stop or check (passage, travel, etc.)
5. to stop or interrupt the course, progress, or transmission of."
In geometry, the intersection of two lines is a point of interception (a cutting off). It means to "mark off or bound." Remember "an intercepted angle."? How about "truncated"? Mark off or bound leads us to "limit"
To interrupt the course of, obstruct (e.g., to intercept the light)
The Latin roots of the word mean "to seize between."

The old astrologers were meticulous in their choice of words used to describe the astronomical conditions found in horoscopes (the heavens.) The terms used come from the 17th century and earlier. Therefore old and archaic meanngs of words should be considered carefully. The word first appears in written Engish c.1400.

Based on the definition of the word and depending on the context of a particular interpretation, "interception" might imply lack of full development, obstructed progress, inability to fully express the energies, qualities or character of the sign and planets involved, and so on.

Another way to unravel the meaning of interception is simply to look at and describe what we see. An intercepted sign is "out of touch" because it contacts no house cusp. It is "contained, held in." It is "trapped." It is "isolated, or insulated." These ideas lead us to "highly subjective, or in-turned." What is intercepted is "thwarted," quite often by external agency. The condition therefore might imply "lack of opportunity."

When I say "context of interpretation," I have two things in mind. The first is house position. An intercepted sign or planet in the Second House will mean something different from the same sign or planet in the Fourth House. The meaning or interpretation must be modified to fit the circumstance. Interception is a mundane condition; it has to do with house structure. It is therefore "environmental" and is concerned with "surrounding circumstances." (In the systems of Whole Sign and Equal House houses, interception cannot occur. Lilly considered interception to be an affliction as, or nearly as, powerful as combustion. This suggests that in horoscopes where it occurs it should not be ignored.)

The second factor in "context of interpretation" depends on what it is we are trying to discover. Are we, for example, looking at the Moon as "mother," or as "emotional nature"? Is the interpretation directed toward some past event or experience, or its outcome? What is our point of view or perspective? All aspects, and other conditions, in a horoscope have multiple meanings which manifest either concurrently or consecutively and are intimately interrelated. In order to make sense of it all, the astrologer must take a particular position, a specific point of view. He or she must limit what is being looked at, in order to avoid becoming lost in confusion, and the limitation of point of view requires that we interpret things according to that point of view.

I had a chart with Saturn opposing Moon, with the meridian angles closely involved. (This did not involve interception; I mention it to illustrate the fact that aspects have multiple meanings and often result in multiple interrealated events.) By direction the complex matured at age three and again at age six. I suggested that the client had experienced a very important change of residence at age three, and that simultaneously there had been some deep emotional issuses and so on. The fact was that at age three her family moved from one continent to another, and also a period of severe abuse by the parents had begun. Now,the Moon was in Aries in this chart: the outcome of the move and the abuse was the "adoption" by the child of a very self-centered pattern of responses to experience, which then (as she grew) became a source of life-problems... The early events triggered deep emtional patterns, which in turn created new problems and patterns. The Moon not only indicated the important change of residence, but also the mother's involvement in the abuse and showed these events as the catalysts for the development of the Moon in Aries characteristics inherent in the native's essential character. So, which of these things are we focusing on? "Context of interpretation."

In another chart a man was put in jail (enclosed, isolated) on the exact day that his secondary progressed Moon entered Pisces, the sign intercepted in his Twelfth House. The Moon in his chart was, natally, the most powerful planet in the chart and its entry into the intercepted sign (in the appropriate house) showed that his life had been "interrupted in its course" by the event.

In your chart, Pluto is intercepted in Fifth House Scorpio. But notice further, that Pluto is at the focal point of the all-important T-square in Fixed Signs involving Venus and Moon. Pluto can't be understood without considering this primary planetary formation (which in fact is definitive in the chart because the Venus-Moon opposition contains all of the planets, holds them in one zodiacal hemisphere. Pluto is at what is both the point of crisis and the point of release or resolution. It is central to the life.

We notice that Moon applies first to the square of Pluto, then to the opposition of Venus. This tells us about the course of development of the psychological complex and/or the experiences depicted here. The earliest events/conditions are described by the Moon-Pluto square. The fact that Pluto/Scorpio is intercepted in the Fifth describes what was interrupted in its development. So, what does the Fifth House contain? What does it mean?

I don't intend to interpret your chart for you. But I will mention that one meaning of the Fifth House often overlooked is this: it indicates the ability of the native to resist outside influence and be true to the self. We mentioned that interception can be interpreted to indicate a high degree of subjectivity, in-turning, repression and the like.

Intercepted signs and planets are deprived of full and normal expression. Their energies are therefore turned in toward the unconscious and must find indirect (but nonetheless powerful) outlets. No energy can remain unmanifest. So to see how the energy might surface, we can look to the lord of the intercepted sign (I would use Mars as lord of Scorpio) and to the aspects the intercepted planet may behold.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
I'm not totally sure of some of the technical reasons behind interceptions, is there a lattitude above and below which, interception simply can't occur? If there is a middle point from somehere in Africa/South American all the way to a point in America/Europe (and of course around the globe, through Asia etc.) where interception cannot occur, doesn't it seem like a mechanical failure? Another issue: is it really normal for most people to be born above a certain lattitude e.g. areas of Scandanavia/Canada etc. would always have wide interceptions? If normally using Placidus, and if one also thought it were a systemic failure, then my humble guess would be that Equal houses would be the system to erase that problem. I'm just pondering about this!

greybeard

It isn't a failure. It's part of the system. It is a celestial fact that the equatorial and ecliptical planes have inclination, and it is this inclination that produces interception, dependent on the house system used. It is a celestial fact that at very high latitudes the Ascendant undergoes momentary flip-flops (reversal of sign to its polar opposite) from time to time, and this occurs in any and all house systems; it has nothing to do with the system, but is an observable fact.

You will note that I made no judgment on the value or validity of any system.

Also note that in the example chart of the man who was jailed, the secondary progressed Moon entered the Twelfth House using Whole Sign Houses on the same date as it entered the intercepted sign, i.e., the first degree of of Pisces. Also note that progressed Moon was enhanced by a transiting mundane square between Saturn and Pluto on the chart Angles, which could not occur in charts of people born on the same date and at the same time but in different location. The predictive factors were in place for this chart with or without interception.

Although many authors tend to dismiss or ignore interception (I feel it is because they dont see how to interpret it -- I offered some hints in my previous post), I have found interception to be a very informative horoscope feature, whether in genethliac or horary art. That is one reason I still use Placidus.

Very few, if any, Nobel Prize laureates were born on the equator or at the poles... for what it's worth.

Choice of house system to be used by an astrologer should be based on experience. Mathematical/philosophical arguments don't compare to the empirical.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. I'm not totally convinced either way on interceptions, but I am open and I agree that charts speak louder than words. I'll continue reviewing it until I'm sure.

greybeard

Experience -- Results -- are the only valid measure for techniques.....Yup.

As an addendum to the possible significance of intercepted signs and planets, Jones has this to say with regard to intercepted signs in horary art --

"...its function [that of the intercepted sign], together with that of its lord in respect to itself--and also the functions of any planets it may contain--are sometimes completely subordinated to the major issues of the given problem. Action taken, or decision made, under the leading of a planet in this case [the planet in the intercepted sign, or its lord] must be examined carefully to make sure that the factors involved are clearly understood; or that they are properly and honestly represented. Any person described by a planet in an intercepted sign in horary analysis is apt to be found caught up in his own prejudices or preconceived notions, or to be essentially unreliable in the particular set of circumstances."

I take the phrase "completely subordinated to the major issues...", insofar as natal meaning, to indicate a possible obsessive quality, or a fixation. To interpret the interception in this way would require substantiation from the lord of the sign, or from other chart factors. But the possibility is there. To clarify, there might be a constant unconscious mulling over, or anxiety concerning, whatever is indicated by the intercepted sign/planets, on a basically unconscious level beyond the reach of conscious control or dominion.

As an example of what I mean, in my own chart Moon -- Lady of the Horoscope -- is intercepted in the Fourth. Until I finally recognized (at a rather advanced age) that whatever it was that compelled me to a rootless life was beyond my control, I was at the mercy of that compulsion. Try as I might to establish myself I simply could not. I was a rolling stone and gathered no moss. Once I recognized and accepted that this hidden, unconscious compulsion was beyond my control, it remedied itself. I have now lived in the same place for a dozen years. Previously two years was a long time to be in one place. For as long as I could not accept the fact that this compulsion was beyond my control it dominated my life. Once I accepted the fact, and stopped fighting against it, it resolved itself without effort on my part. Stability came of its own accord, and I now have a fine covering of moss. A word to the wise is sufficient.

We should remain clear that horary art does not exactly follow natal art. These meanings are for horary work, but with some modification or adaptation they can give significance to intercepted natal signs and planets. There may be a lack of clarity, openness, something hidden and so on. As we said in the earlier post, in natal charts there is high subjectivity, repression, inability to manifest directly and openly...so we can see the correlation between the horary and natal usage of interception. All energies will somehow emerge into manifestation, and interception demands that the manifestation be along indirect and hidden paths. Thus, the energies represented are more unconscious, and less subject to control by the native. There may be elements of subterfuge or subversion, intentional or not.

Jones goes on to present an example chart in which Mars is intercepted and rules the Sixth. In any question of sickness, he says, "the situation would be one of distraction, lack of ordered relation to life in general, and perhaps broad disintegrating tendencies."

So, here are some hints as to how to see interception.

Last edited:

Lin

Just a note to remind everyone that a birth chart is a "symbolic" map. Theoretically you can take out all the house cusps and read the chart without any demarcations. We use the house cusps because it's easier and efficient and practical.

I like the following:
Another way to unravel the meaning of interception is simply to look at and describe what we see. An intercepted sign is "out of touch" because it contacts no house cusp. It is "contained, held in." It is "trapped."

Although "trapped" one must wonder if that is a bad thing or a good thing...for that particular person. Energy which works within a house but does not RULE the house seems significant to me. Almost dare I say, Karmic. And trapped can be viewed as "focused." LOL.... Delineation IS really in the EYE of the beholder-astrologer.

A lot would depend upon if those intercepted signs are tenanted or not....angular or not, etc. The emphasis would have to be discerned during the reading.
IMO.
LIN

karlantd

It’s been a long time but I never really found the answer to this configuration in my chart. I can say I have recovered from a life threatening illness this year and am able to walk again. My life has been filled with life and death experiences. My grandfather passed this year, and through the pain I found my art and music. My early home life was very restricting for me. My mom was very traditional and set in her ways. I always had to set myself aside for her wants and needs. I ended up leaving at 17 to never return. I managed to find more deeper aspects of myself and my personal truth and freedom. Saturn conjuncts my Saturn at 0 degree soon. This question popped up in my head today again. I then remembered this post from years ago. Could someone give me information about accessing Pluto due to it being intercepted? Is this something that will come into play during my Saturn return ? Any information is welcomed. Thanks !

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Can you say (to yourself) what you have learnt about yourself in the 7 years since your first post?

What I personally find intriguing is that, of all the many asteroids whose interpretations are queried within astrological interpretation, you chose to add only one; Ixion. Why? Do you personify with it (Sun sextile Ixion).
Having read up of its meaning through its myth from various sites on the Web, its reputation isn't exactly pleasant.
If there is one planet to which I am inclined to place the question 'Why' as being so important to search for answers, it is Pluto. (Self)Searching can go very deep when Pluto is working through its own sign. Is it coincidence that Ixion is (some might say in a conjunction) in the same sign?

Part of the myth was that Zeus (Jupiter?) gave Ixion a second chance to change his ways, yet Ixion still carried on along the same path of destruction (how Plutonian/Scorpio).
Jupiter rules the 6th house in the chart, which not only includes the work realm, yet also 'working upon one's self'. There is a close inconjunct aspect between them in the chart that can relate to the high highs versus low lows mood swings in action, thought and feeling.

In your latest post, you write 'I have recovered from a life threatening illness this year and am able to walk again.'. From the medical astro. viewpoint this brings a number of root causes to the foreground, all involving the effect of strong feeling emotions towards, and upon, how one lives life.

Could it be that Pluto's message (Mercury sextile Pluto) is no longer 'intercepted' and is offering a second chance, can defeat any Ixion influence, to be used in a positive manner? It is strongly associated with destruction of old outdated modes to apply totally, as yet untried, new ones (even protheses? - Saturn Q Pluto).
A Saturn return so often coincides with the transition from childhood to maturity, literally standing on one's own two feet in adulthood and not looking back at the past if it has not been influential in formation of one's character, so to speak.

If Intercepted Pluto is allowed to take control and work well, it can totally transform the manner that the 5th house (parent-child relationship, creativity, love) works THROUGH Libra on its cusp. The socially strong sign that allows all types of relationships in without judgement of any kind.

As life progresses, so do the planets positions in a natal chart. A secondary progressed to natal chart (through extended section of astro. com) for this period of life may offer more information (including progressed Moon return!) of importance for the future.

:smile:

karlantd

Can you say (to yourself) what you have learnt about yourself in the 7 years since your first post?

What I personally find intriguing is that, of all the many asteroids whose interpretations are queried within astrological interpretation, you chose to add only one; Ixion. Why? Do you personify with it (Sun sextile Ixion).
Having read up of its meaning through its myth from various sites on the Web, its reputation isn't exactly pleasant.
If there is one planet to which I am inclined to place the question 'Why' as being so important to search for answers, it is Pluto. (Self)Searching can go very deep when Pluto is working through its own sign. Is it coincidence that Ixion is (some might say in a conjunction) in the same sign?

Part of the myth was that Zeus (Jupiter?) gave Ixion a second chance to change his ways, yet Ixion still carried on along the same path of destruction (how Plutonian/Scorpio).
Jupiter rules the 6th house in the chart, which not only includes the work realm, yet also 'working upon one's self'. There is a close inconjunct aspect between them in the chart that can relate to the high highs versus low lows mood swings in action, thought and feeling.

In your latest post, you write 'I have recovered from a life threatening illness this year and am able to walk again.'. From the medical astro. viewpoint this brings a number of root causes to the foreground, all involving the effect of strong feeling emotions towards, and upon, how one lives life.

Could it be that Pluto's message (Mercury sextile Pluto) is no longer 'intercepted' and is offering a second chance, can defeat any Ixion influence, to be used in a positive manner? It is strongly associated with destruction of old outdated modes to apply totally, as yet untried, new ones (even protheses? - Saturn Q Pluto).
A Saturn return so often coincides with the transition from childhood to maturity, literally standing on one's own two feet in adulthood and not looking back at the past if it has not been influential in formation of one's character, so to speak.

If Intercepted Pluto is allowed to take control and work well, it can totally transform the manner that the 5th house (parent-child relationship, creativity, love) works THROUGH Libra on its cusp. The socially strong sign that allows all types of relationships in without judgement of any kind.

As life progresses, so do the planets positions in a natal chart. A secondary progressed to natal chart (through extended section of astro. com) for this period of life may offer more information (including progressed Moon return!) of importance for the future.

:smile:

Okay this is going to be long lol. As a child I was very different from most of family. I used to have really insightful dreams, deep connection with my intuition and just randomly felt comfortable with things out of the box. My family are all business minded individuals that believe in rigid work and corporate America. I was more of an artist and wanted to pursue my creativity and develop my own business within graphic communications, music, and art. My mother was very and still is controlling, domineering, and religious. She felt as though I was the “Devil incarnate”. I found astrology a few years before my initial post and started to learn. I came across The fifth house being the house of creativity and noticed Pluto was entrapped inside. I also realized I had Chiron in my second house in Leo. This was a big red flag in my mind because I indeed had lost touch with my creative side. It was all due to me accepting my family (mom) ideals for me over my wishes. I really just became a very shallow vessel, doing anything she asked. This all built up in me until 17. I had endured two suicide attempts as a child and was just severely depressed.

When 17 came something broke in me. I just said “**** everything”. I moved out and never looked back. I started to explore myself., learn my values, my personal truth, express my values, and I was able to create again but always felt inadequate. Last June, my immune system failed due to a blood disease. The doctors told me I had a 10 percent chance to live. My mom took me in and it’s like rose colored glasses were placed on me due to me not being able to take care of myself. As I arrived to her home , things were okay at first and then became the same theme from years ago. Her telling me that I’m close to dying and need to seek God and church. I’m very spiritual but I’m not Catholic. One night, I really did some soul searching and told myself that this wasn’t it for me. I’m not ready to go and obviously I came back home for a reason. I began to meditate and just keep my mind around positivity within the chaos and my fears of not being here anymore. By January this year I made a full recovery. I also really just reclaimed a lot of my energy back from my family. I told them this was my life to live. My grandfather ( father figure) died in March. I was in a very deep place over that and sought out a creative adventure to help me cope. I came across A vocal coach in may... only time I tried singing was to my mom as a child and she told me not to ever try it again. Well... turned out I have a voice. I had my first performance there weeks ago. I really have learned to not really care about my families judgement and see that they are really just like anyone else.

My long depression and sorrow has finally lifted. I’m happy. I’m really finding out more about myself and I believe I always knew my career as a child. I’ve never heard of ixion and didn’t know my sun sextile it. I know my chart ruler is in the eight house... my life has been very centered around life and death. I’m learning to be the eye in the storm. My progressed chart is below, Pluto is in the fourth now, so ixion may be as well. I think you hit that on the nail. I really had to come home to conquer my demons. I really believed my life was to be sacrificed for my family as a child and young adult. Was the lesson to learn to stand in my truth and power? I honestly used to feel like the walking dead, thinking if I breath wrong I would go to hell. I was scared to live but not anymore. Thanks. I appreciate this.

Progressed chart
https://ibb.co/T123Rbd

Last edited:

Harmelia

Intercept: Consulting Mr. Webster and his fellow-travelers (here, dictionary.com and Funk & Wagnalls), we find the word means:

"1. to take, seize, or halt (someone or something on the way from one place to another); cut off from an intended destination
3. to stop or check (passage, travel, etc.)
5. to stop or interrupt the course, progress, or transmission of."
In geometry, the intersection of two lines is a point of interception (a cutting off). It means to "mark off or bound." Remember "an intercepted angle."? How about "truncated"? Mark off or bound leads us to "limit"
To interrupt the course of, obstruct (e.g., to intercept the light)
The Latin roots of the word mean "to seize between."

The old astrologers were meticulous in their choice of words used to describe the astronomical conditions found in horoscopes (the heavens.) The terms used come from the 17th century and earlier. Therefore old and archaic meanngs of words should be considered carefully. The word first appears in written Engish c.1400.

Based on the definition of the word and depending on the context of a particular interpretation, "interception" might imply lack of full development, obstructed progress, inability to fully express the energies, qualities or character of the sign and planets involved, and so on.

Another way to unravel the meaning of interception is simply to look at and describe what we see. An intercepted sign is "out of touch" because it contacts no house cusp. It is "contained, held in." It is "trapped." It is "isolated, or insulated." These ideas lead us to "highly subjective, or in-turned." What is intercepted is "thwarted," quite often by external agency. The condition therefore might imply "lack of opportunity."

When I say "context of interpretation," I have two things in mind. The first is house position. An intercepted sign or planet in the Second House will mean something different from the same sign or planet in the Fourth House. The meaning or interpretation must be modified to fit the circumstance. Interception is a mundane condition; it has to do with house structure. It is therefore "environmental" and is concerned with "surrounding circumstances." (In the systems of Whole Sign and Equal House houses, interception cannot occur. Lilly considered interception to be an affliction as, or nearly as, powerful as combustion. This suggests that in horoscopes where it occurs it should not be ignored.)

The second factor in "context of interpretation" depends on what it is we are trying to discover. Are we, for example, looking at the Moon as "mother," or as "emotional nature"? Is the interpretation directed toward some past event or experience, or its outcome? What is our point of view or perspective? All aspects, and other conditions, in a horoscope have multiple meanings which manifest either concurrently or consecutively and are intimately interrelated. In order to make sense of it all, the astrologer must take a particular position, a specific point of view. He or she must limit what is being looked at, in order to avoid becoming lost in confusion, and the limitation of point of view requires that we interpret things according to that point of view.

I had a chart with Saturn opposing Moon, with the meridian angles closely involved. (This did not involve interception; I mention it to illustrate the fact that aspects have multiple meanings and often result in multiple interrealated events.) By direction the complex matured at age three and again at age six. I suggested that the client had experienced a very important change of residence at age three, and that simultaneously there had been some deep emotional issuses and so on. The fact was that at age three her family moved from one continent to another, and also a period of severe abuse by the parents had begun. Now,the Moon was in Aries in this chart: the outcome of the move and the abuse was the "adoption" by the child of a very self-centered pattern of responses to experience, which then (as she grew) became a source of life-problems... The early events triggered deep emtional patterns, which in turn created new problems and patterns. The Moon not only indicated the important change of residence, but also the mother's involvement in the abuse and showed these events as the catalysts for the development of the Moon in Aries characteristics inherent in the native's essential character. So, which of these things are we focusing on? "Context of interpretation."

In another chart a man was put in jail (enclosed, isolated) on the exact day that his secondary progressed Moon entered Pisces, the sign intercepted in his Twelfth House. The Moon in his chart was, natally, the most powerful planet in the chart and its entry into the intercepted sign (in the appropriate house) showed that his life had been "interrupted in its course" by the event.

In your chart, Pluto is intercepted in Fifth House Scorpio. But notice further, that Pluto is at the focal point of the all-important T-square in Fixed Signs involving Venus and Moon. Pluto can't be understood without considering this primary planetary formation (which in fact is definitive in the chart because the Venus-Moon opposition contains all of the planets, holds them in one zodiacal hemisphere. Pluto is at what is both the point of crisis and the point of release or resolution. It is central to the life.

We notice that Moon applies first to the square of Pluto, then to the opposition of Venus. This tells us about the course of development of the psychological complex and/or the experiences depicted here. The earliest events/conditions are described by the Moon-Pluto square. The fact that Pluto/Scorpio is intercepted in the Fifth describes what was interrupted in its development. So, what does the Fifth House contain? What does it mean?

I don't intend to interpret your chart for you. But I will mention that one meaning of the Fifth House often overlooked is this: it indicates the ability of the native to resist outside influence and be true to the self. We mentioned that interception can be interpreted to indicate a high degree of subjectivity, in-turning, repression and the like.

Intercepted signs and planets are deprived of full and normal expression. Their energies are therefore turned in toward the unconscious and must find indirect (but nonetheless powerful) outlets. No energy can remain unmanifest. So to see how the energy might surface, we can look to the lord of the intercepted sign (I would use Mars as lord of Scorpio) and to the aspects the intercepted planet may behold.

This is a great explanation intercepted signs! Very nicely said!

Harmelia

Hey everyone I'm Karl, new to the forums.... I wanted to ask could anyone give me some information about my intercepted signs and what exactly do they mean...since Scorpio is intercepted by Libra and also Pluto in Scorpio in the fifth house does that mean its hard to reach and express this energy and the same for my eleventh house Taurus ...I have read some information from different sources and found out you could reach them by expressing their ruler planet.. I have Venus in the second house but Pluto is trapped within my fifth house..I also have chiron in leo in the second house I have a passion for art music and dancing but sometimes its hard for me to tap into myself and just let go... was wondering was this because of Pluto and Scorpio being intercepted by Libra since the fifth house is the house of creativity
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a615/karlantd/astro_2gw_01_karl701283630_zps9e0a2c29.gif

/QUOTE

Hi Karl!

I really enjoyed Greybeards thoughts on intercepted signs. I’ve also come to the conclusion that the intercepted signs can isolate a planet or make it difficult to express in the world (depending) and it can also make the planetary processes more internal or private affairs. We do need to look at the whole chart, the aspects, and how the planets within intercepted signs are functioning in the chart. Through experience, I’ve found them to be significant for those who have them. I myself do not.

What is interesting in your case is that you have a bowl shape and the bowl is focused – the midpoint of the empty space – on Taurus – the opposing intercepted sign to Scorpio. To me, this adds to other themes in your chart (your Leo planets and 5th house Pluto in Scorpio) – makes me think this is more about a private self-discovery and evolution. You are exploring who you truly are from down deep inside without so much confusion that could come from social influences.

Your validation needs to come from friends with whom you truly resonate – Taurus, 11th house.

You have a very private Sun and Moon – in 4th and 8th houses – doing deep transformative work on the self. Pisces MC would definitely signify interest in the arts – but I think also, you are psychologically-oriented. Aquarius Saturn and Moon is quite inventive, intuitive, creative too. 8th house likes to investigate deeply.

You are unique. But this is part of your wound. When we are SO different, we find that we can have little success communicating with the world. There is a need to revise your self-definition so that it includes a bridge that will connect you with expression in the world. Your Virgo Sun will analyze this to understand how to build that bridge from the inside out. And then – success!

Last edited:

karlantd

/QUOTE

Hi Karl!

I really enjoyed Greybeards thoughts on intercepted signs. I’ve also come to the conclusion that the intercepted signs can isolate a planet or make it difficult to express in the world (depending) and it can also make the planetary processes more internal or private affairs. We do need to look at the whole chart, the aspects, and how the planets within intercepted signs are functioning in the chart. Through experience, I’ve found them to be significant for those who have them. I myself do not.

What is interesting in your case is that you have a bowl shape and the bowl is focused – the midpoint of the empty space – on Taurus – the opposing intercepted sign to Scorpio. To me, this adds to other themes in your chart (your Leo planets and 5th house Pluto in Scorpio) – makes me think this is more about a private self-discovery and evolution. You are exploring who you truly are from down deep inside without so much confusion that could come from social influences.

Your validation needs to come from friends with whom you truly resonate – Taurus, 11th house.

You have a very private Sun and Moon – in 4th and 8th houses – doing deep transformative work on the self. Pisces MC would definitely signify interest in the arts – but I think also, you are psychologically-oriented. Aquarius Saturn and Moon is quite inventive, intuitive, creative too. 8th house likes to investigate deeply.

You are unique. But this is part of your wound. When we are SO different, we find that we can have little success communicating with the world. There is a need to revise your self-definition so that it includes a bridge that will connect you with expression in the world. Your Virgo Sun will analyze this to understand how to build that bridge from the inside out. And then – success!

Yes!!! Point on. Thank you. I investigate a lot, currently I’m in school for graphic communications, I want to do my personal art and music but I also want my own company. I would like to help with branding and advertisement. I noticed in school I was focused on color theory where as all of the other students didn’t look that deep. (Red anger , yellow hunger...) This is the direction my mind always goes... what’s underneath it all. I do this with everything in life lol. Sometimes to a fault, so I had to learn to lighten up.

My only friend of 12 years is a Taurus lol. He really understands me as a person. I can say overtime I really had to dig deep and learn who I was and to stand in it. I used to just go for anything and everything without any personal boundaries. I’ve been going through a lot of internal changes.

My art is very 8th house and emotional unsettling... it always sheds light at the end. I tend to write about emotions and situations all the time as well. Yes. My own uniqueness has trampled me from being close to others and I’m learning to allow myself to be open with others and not just through my art when it comes to deep things. I can be very private. I also have a habit of being social then vanishing for a while to recharge.

Harmelia

Yes!!! Point on. Thank you. I investigate a lot, currently I’m in school for graphic communications, I want to do my personal art and music but I also want my own company. I would like to help with branding and advertisement. I noticed in school I was focused on color theory where as all of the other students didn’t look that deep. (Red anger , yellow hunger...) This is the direction my mind always goes... what’s underneath it all. I do this with everything in life lol. Sometimes to a fault, so I had to learn to lighten up.

My only friend of 12 years is a Taurus lol. He really understands me as a person. I can say overtime I really had to dig deep and learn who I was and to stand in it. I used to just go for anything and everything without any personal boundaries. I’ve been going through a lot of internal changes.

My art is very 8th house and emotional unsettling... it always sheds light at the end. I tend to write about emotions and situations all the time as well. Yes. My own uniqueness has trampled me from being close to others and I’m learning to allow myself to be open with others and not just through my art when it comes to deep things. I can be very private. I also have a habit of being social then vanishing for a while to recharge.

Glad I got it right! Good luck in all your endeavors! You sound like you've got a lot going for you!