So distraught! Did I do the right thing putting him to sleep?

Vista

My heart is broken...I had to put my beloved dog to sleep yesterday. I am inconsolable and wonder if I should have waited longer. He was on medicine for congestive heart failure and yesterday for the first time he started fainting. He also had mitral valve prolapse. He had 4 episodes yesterday where he would start coughing and wheezing like he was choking and then he would lose his balance, stiffen up and fall over passed out and then wake up a moment later and shortly afterwards act relatively normal. In addition, he had a cancerous tumor on his neck that was ulcerated and very infected, no antibiotics were helping and surgery was not really an option because of his heart problems. Up until yesterday he was still so full of life and acted as he always has.

When I was at the vet he had his final episode at which time he had all the above reactions in addition to this deep howling while he was "passed out." It was horrible. I think the hardest part was his "normal" behavior in-between episodes. Leading up to the fainting spells yesterday, he would cough sometimes but nothing like what happened yesterday. The vet really felt it was the most humane thing to put him to sleep and that we could do all this testing and Xrays, but in the end nothing she did would stop the progression of heart failure and his mitral valve prolapse, not to mention the secondary infection of his cancerous tumor that was sure to happen. I have lost so much over the couple years and losing him was the worst thing I have experienced to date. We were extremely close and I loved him with every breath I had. I feel so empty without him.

Here is a picture of my baby boy and the chart asking if it was the right thing. He is Saturn and his health is Moon. They are conjunct almost exact in his turned 9th house both in Libra. Moon is via combust at 27 degrees of Libra. I am Mercury in the 4th of endings in mutual applying aspect to North Node. Via Combust makes me think I should have waited!!! God it is so heart wrenching!!!! Life won't be the same without him.:crying:

Please, anyone?

Attachments

• Mooshu.2.jpg
    Mooshu.2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 31
  • did i do the right thing.jpg
    did i do the right thing.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Choe

Not connected to your case,I just want to say my general thought: I've seen many cases where the vet suggests euthanasia, the owner refuses and continues to cure the dog,and the dog survives and recovers.

Seems like it's easier for them to say "put them to sleep"; there is always hope!

Last edited:

Vista

Not connected to your case,I just want to say my general thought: I've seen many cases where the vet suggest euthanasia, the owner refuses and continues to cure the dog,and the dog survives and recovers.

Seems like it's easier for them to say "put them to sleep"; there is always hope!

I agree with you and she gave me the option of what to do. I am very intuitive(water Grand Trine with my Cancer Moon) and I have felt his end coming for a while. I couldn't put him through the terror of choking to death, which is basically what was happening to him each in order to keep him alive a little longer for my sake. The despair and hopelessness I felt when i held him in my arms while he was going through this was indescribable.

sequestra

Oh Vista. I am so sorry I can't help you with any horary advice but I just want to tell you that I feel your pain - my heart really goes out to you at this time, your little Mooshu was beautiful. I just get the sense that you made the right decision, I really do - and that's all I want to say. He is free from pain now and his love is still with you. Blessings to you and I hope you feel some relief and consolation soon. Much love.

Frank

I don't have time to explain my reasoning now, but yes - according to the chart you did the right thing.

I'm sorry for your loss - and I understand how difficult that decision is because I've had to make it myself.

Fragoso

Hello,
I am so sorry for listening this : (
I have been in situitions like this twice and it's very heart breaking.

According to the horary chart you did the rigth thing. I am not a very horary expert but th ruler of 9th house (venus) squares the ruler of 7th (jupiter) and there is a recpetion since jupiter is in taurus.
Jupiter whould be the situition. Venus moral and ethic so you did the rigth thing.

Hope things get better, Fragoso

Love2Know

I would like to offer my condolences and my dog of 16 years was put down a few month ago, I know how hard it is. He stopped walking, eating and drinking. I wasn't strong enough to go so my mother had to go to the vet and held him as he was put to sleep. Sometimes I still see him out of the corners of my eyes. Sometimes to keep them alive through their obvious pain and suffering is selfish and true love means letting go when the time is right. The nice thing is the vet nomiated my mother for outstanding pet owner and they made a donation to animal medical research to honor the bond of my mother and our dog.

Last edited:

Vista

Again to all of you, please forgive me if I don't reply individually to all of you right now. I appreciate all of your kindness,

Vista

I don't have time to explain my reasoning now, but yes - according to the chart you did the right thing.

I'm sorry for your loss - and I understand how difficult that decision is because I've had to make it myself.

Oh Vista. I am so sorry I can't help you with any horary advice but I just want to tell you that I feel your pain - my heart really goes out to you at this time, your little Mooshu was beautiful. I just get the sense that you made the right decision, I really do - and that's all I want to say. He is free from pain now and his love is still with you. Blessings to you and I hope you feel some relief and consolation soon. Much love.

Thank you again for your kind words here and privately. It means a lot to me.

Vista

This gives a little peace of mind, thank you kindly!

It was interesting to me that his significator and his significator of health were both in the 8th house conjunct almost exact. It has to mean something....

Vista

Hello,
I am so sorry for listening this : (
I have been in situitions like this twice and it's very heart breaking.

According to the horary chart you did the rigth thing. I am not a very horary expert but th ruler of 9th house (venus) squares the ruler of 7th (jupiter) and there is a recpetion since jupiter is in taurus.
Jupiter whould be the situition. Venus moral and ethic so you did the rigth thing.

Hope things get better, Fragoso

Fragoso, thank you for looking at my chart and for the encouraging feedback.
I hope you right!

Vista

I would like to offer my condolences and my dog of 16 years was put down a few month ago, I know how hard it is. He stopped walking, eating and drinking. I wasn't strong enough to go so my mother had to go to the vet and held him as he was put to sleep. Sometimes I still see him out of the corners of my eyes. Sometimes to keep them alive through their obvious pain and suffering is selfish and true love means letting go when the time is right. The nice thing is the vet nomiated my mother for outstanding pet owner and they made a donation to animal medical research to honor the bond of my mother and our dog.

Hi Love2know,
That's just it, he didn't stop eating and drinking and could still walk fine...it was the hacking and choking along with subsequent convulsions and keeling over that convinced me his heart was shutting down, at least that is what the vet said was likely happening. It made sense to me too. I keep second guessing my decision to put him down verses seeing how he did with an injectable diuretic, although he was on 4 medications for his heart. I think if he didn't act relatively normal in-between fainting episodes, I would not be as distraught about my decision, it would simply be his loss I would be grieving instead of both. It's consuming me because my mind keeps saying "what if," and "maybe I should have" that is killing me. But I was there with him, I owed it to him for all the love and devotion he gave to me. Thank you for reaching out to me.

Love2Know

It seems to me you realized his quality of life was gone and even if he seemed fine I am sure he knew it was time to go. Animals are very intuitive and trust in your love for him and faith in your own actions that you did the right thing. Plus I am sure he is still by your side. with puppy vitality, that is how I believe my dog is as well... I heard your beloved animals always watch over you in this life.

Anachiel

Vista;

Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.

Also,

...Via Combust makes me think I should have waited!!!...

No, the horary can only describe what is. The Moon in the Via Combusta simply is a consideration before judgement and, right now is not the best time to read a horary. The horary is showing this. The horary is not judging you or your actions. Horary isn't about that. It simply describes what is.

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather, openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

Blessings,

Anachiel

Vista

Vista;

Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.

Also,

No, the horary can only describe what is. The Moon in the Via Combusta simply is a consideration before judgement and, right now is not the best time to read a horary. The horary is showing this. The horary is not judging you or your actions. Horary isn't about that. It simply describes what is.

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather, openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

Blessings,

Anachiel

Thank you Anachiel. And thank you for explaining Via Combusta to me.

Vista

It seems to me you realized his quality of life was gone and even if he seemed fine I am sure he knew it was time to go. Animals are very intuitive and trust in your love for him and faith in your own actions that you did the right thing. Plus I am sure he is still by your side. with puppy vitality, that is how I believe my dog is as well... I heard your beloved animals always watch over you in this life.

My friends sent me this. It was nice but it doesn't make me feel better that he isn't here....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them,
who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass,
his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone
from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

sethi

hello vista how are you?

What else you could have done? You have done the right thing I feel.
I have not read any of the other comments and just had a very quick look at your post only . But I remembered from another post about your dogs position and at that time I had thought that you were only prolonging his misery.

So I think you have done the right thing so rest easy.

All the best.

Vista

hello vista how are you?

What else you could have done? You have done the right thing I feel.
I have not read any of the other comments and just had a very quick look at your post only . But I remembered from another post about your dogs position and at that time I had thought that you were only prolonging his misery.

So I think you have done the right thing so rest easy.

All the best.

Hi Sethi,
Hanging in there but very depressed. I did an event chart for his time of death 5:30pm Dec 19th and North Node/Mer conjunct were in the 6th house and Sun was there too at 29:50 degrees which seems telling. Pluto was also there in the 6th, maybe representing the gravity of the situation. Jupiter rx was also in his turned 6th house(11th of the event chart) I don't know...