Human existence: the gender of God

waybread

I admit I am a guilty sinner. I do not have a spirit of arrogance and self-boasting as yours.

You have truly shown me through the scriptures that my righteousness is like filthy rags, and that I am wrong in many ways, but you have not shown me that God is a literal man, or a mother, rather than the divine Father.

Surely you are being sarcastic. You started off by thinking you knew all about Judaism-- and me-- when neither was close to being accurate. I hope you will learn more about Jewish history, the diversity of Jewish belief, and Judaism today,

Now you're back to disputation mode again. I just find it sad that I have given you so many soft-ball opportunities to talk about Christianity as a religion of love and caring for the poor. That would be a lot more inspiring and faith-promoting than rebuking and criticizing. But no-- you'd rather try to stump me into quoting proof texts for you.

Christianity claims that Jesus was (is) both human and divine. I'm not making this up.

Maybe re-read the first chapter of John, verses 1-4, and 14-18. "The Word was God," followed by "the Word became flesh and lived among us." Elsewhere (like John 6:62) Jesus calls himself the Son of Man who nevertheless originates in heaven. (Cf. 8:23, 10:30)

If the only way in which you are able to understand God is through a masculine metaphor, I am not here to criticize that. I would point out that the metaphor is often one of a loving and provident father, not one who quibbles about proof-texts.

petosiris

Banned
I am not going to debate the Trinity with a Jew. I told you that I don't believe such thing. It is quite clear from our conversation who is arguing for the sake of arguing, and who is arguing for the sake of love.

petosiris

Banned
I thought all Christians believed in the Trinity.

John Adams, John Quincy Adams and 2-4 more of your Presidents confessed to be Unitarian Christians. The first two at least are not to be confused with ''Unitarian Universalists'' or hyper-''rationalists'' (rationalism, which many Unitarians plunged into in the 19th century), they believed in miracles, the Bible and that Jesus is going to resurrect and judge them when he returns. There have been many Unitarian Christians throughout the ages, though many self-professed Christians would say they are not Christian or that they are cultists, because they truly say that the Father is the only true God (John 17:3).

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I've been reluctant to say this, but I've been wondering the past week or so, whether GOD may also be seen in the Covid19 virus. I think so, since God comprises all atoms & molecules. We tend however on this earth to separate with two sides, "evil" and "good" or black & white. We do so as humans when it comes to God as well. Christ-Anti-Christ and on and on.

Its likely all ONE.

I think God is "grey" or neutral. Father,Mother or whatever, it was language easily embraced 2,000 years ago during his time. :bandit:

from Greg Perman:
https://creation.com/atoms-and-gods-order

The beauty and organization of God’s creation can be seen all around us in the macroscopic world. Everything we observe from plant life, stars, animals, rocks, air, and water—virtually everything—is composed of 90 naturally occurring building blocks known as atoms. Order starts with atoms and the subatomic particles that comprise them. This orderliness is not a random or haphazard assemblage of particles happening by accident or spontaneously organizing without an intelligent cause. Looking into the nature of atoms, creation is clearly seen. When God created, He brought order to the universe even in the smallest things, for God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33).

Nice LeoMoon!

New King James Version
Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

Good choice.

God is everything. Male, female, gender?, atoms, coronavirus.

Man is the manipulator of his work.

Cosmos is all. God is Cosmos.

Last edited:

david starling

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable rights....." -{Thomas Jefferson}

petosiris

Banned
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable rights....." -{Thomas Jefferson}

''The Christian Religion is, above all the Religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern Times, The Religion of Wisdom, Virtue, Equity and Humanity, let the Blackguard Paine say what he will. It is Resignation to God—it is Goodness itself to Man.'' - John Adams :smile: https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Adams/01-03-02-0013-0002-0015

Opal

Premium Member
Opal, is he also the God of the Bible? He says that he alone is God. That is a contradiction to your statement.

Petosiris,

He is the Gnostic texts. He is the Talmud. He is the Torah. He is the Koran. He is. The Cosmos.

Your version of God, is way too limiting, and judgemental for me.

What are you doing in this crisis Petosiris? Trusting in your God? or staying at home?

I am trusting in the Cosmos. If it chooses to take me, I will go, doing for others what they are too old or too scared to do for themselves.

How strong is your faith Petosiris. Are you conflicted?

Opal

Premium Member
Opal, is he also the God of the Bible? He says that he alone is God. That is a contradiction to your statement.

You limit yourself to one narrow minded version of the cosmos's writing. Expand your mind. His writings, are in many languages, many cultures, many religions. To ignore, all of his words, to all humankind, is ignorant.

petosiris

Banned
I do not understand Opal, help me in my ignorance. If I am to believe that the God of the Jews is God, then he is the only God. If he is not God, then we must conclude that something is not God. Indeed this conclusion was made by Simon the Samaritan, who said that there is another God above the Father and Creator of the universe.

It is against your father that brother Irenaeus preached in truth ''If therefore the great God showed future things by Daniel, and confirmed them by His Son; and if Christ is the stone which is cut out without hands, who shall destroy temporal kingdoms, and introduce an eternal one, which is the resurrection of the just; as he declares, The God of heaven shall raise up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed,— let those thus confuted come to their senses, who reject the Creator (Demiurgum), and do not agree that the prophets were sent beforehand from the same Father from whom also the Lord came, but who assert that prophecies originated from diverse powers. For those things which have been predicted by the Creator alike through all the prophets has Christ fulfilled in the end, ministering to His Father's will, and completing His dispensations with regard to the human race. Let those persons, therefore, who blaspheme the Creator, either by openly expressed words, such as the disciples of Marcion, or by a perversion of the sense [of Scripture], as those of Valentinus and all the Gnostics falsely so called, be recognised as agents of Satan by all those who worship God; through whose agency Satan now, and not before, has been seen to speak against God, even Him who has prepared eternal fire for every kind of apostasy. For he did not venture to blaspheme his Lord openly of himself; as also in the beginning he led man astray through the instrumentality of the serpent, concealing himself as it were from God. Truly has Justin remarked: That before the Lord's appearance Satan never dared to blaspheme God, inasmuch as he did not yet know his own sentence, because it was contained in parables and allegories; but that after the Lord's appearance, when he had clearly ascertained from the words of Christ and His apostles that eternal fire has been prepared for him as he apostatized from God of his own free-will, and likewise for all who unrepentant continue in the apostasy, he now blasphemes, by means of such men, the Lord who brings judgment [upon him] as being already condemned, and imputes the guilt of his apostasy to his Maker, not to his own voluntary disposition. Just as it is with those who break the laws, when punishment overtakes them: they throw the blame upon those who frame the laws, but not upon themselves. In like manner do those men, filled with a satanic spirit, bring innumerable accusations against our Creator, who has both given to us the spirit of life, and established a law adapted for all; and they will not admit that the judgment of God is just. Wherefore also they set about imagining some other Father who neither cares about nor exercises a providence over our affairs, nay, one who even approves of all sins.'' - http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103526.htm

Opal

Premium Member
I do not understand Opal, help me in my ignorance. If I am to believe that the God of the Jews is God, then he is the only God. If he is not God, then we must conclude that something is not God. Indeed this conclusion was made by Simon the Samaritan, who said that there is another God above the Father and Creator of the universe.

It is against your father that brother Irenaeus preached in truth ''If therefore the great God showed future things by Daniel, and confirmed them by His Son; and if Christ is the stone which is cut out without hands, who shall destroy temporal kingdoms, and introduce an eternal one, which is the resurrection of the just; as he declares, The God of heaven shall raise up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed,— let those thus confuted come to their senses, who reject the Creator (Demiurgum), and do not agree that the prophets were sent beforehand from the same Father from whom also the Lord came, but who assert that prophecies originated from diverse powers. For those things which have been predicted by the Creator alike through all the prophets has Christ fulfilled in the end, ministering to His Father's will, and completing His dispensations with regard to the human race. Let those persons, therefore, who blaspheme the Creator, either by openly expressed words, such as the disciples of Marcion, or by a perversion of the sense [of Scripture], as those of Valentinus and all the Gnostics falsely so called, be recognised as agents of Satan by all those who worship God; through whose agency Satan now, and not before, has been seen to speak against God, even Him who has prepared eternal fire for every kind of apostasy. For he did not venture to blaspheme his Lord openly of himself; as also in the beginning he led man astray through the instrumentality of the serpent, concealing himself as it were from God. Truly has Justin remarked: That before the Lord's appearance Satan never dared to blaspheme God, inasmuch as he did not yet know his own sentence, because it was contained in parables and allegories; but that after the Lord's appearance, when he had clearly ascertained from the words of Christ and His apostles that eternal fire has been prepared for him as he apostatized from God of his own free-will, and likewise for all who unrepentant continue in the apostasy, he now blasphemes, by means of such men, the Lord who brings judgment [upon him] as being already condemned, and imputes the guilt of his apostasy to his Maker, not to his own voluntary disposition. Just as it is with those who break the laws, when punishment overtakes them: they throw the blame upon those who frame the laws, but not upon themselves. In like manner do those men, filled with a satanic spirit, bring innumerable accusations against our Creator, who has both given to us the spirit of life, and established a law adapted for all; and they will not admit that the judgment of God is just. Wherefore also they set about imagining some other Father who neither cares about nor exercises a providence over our affairs, nay, one who even approves of all sins.'' - http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103526.htm

Spread your fear if you must. I will trust in The Cosmos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zBtluqp8l8

"Shrine"

Everything done has been done before,
Hunger for power and thirst for war.
Spent my days standin' in the pourin' rain,
But I know that I'm on my way.

I'll never lose my faith in Rock 'N' Roll,
Never let hate make a home in my soul.
7000 temples can crashing down,
But I know that I'm on my way.

Who do I believe in? I believe in me
Worship at the shrine of the human body.
Who do I pray to? Think I'll pray to you.
Got faith in the good things
That good people can do...

Must we destroy what we don't understand?
All of these labels man-made by men.
Bad times have past, bad times will come,
But I know that I'm on my way

So who do I believe in? I believe in me
Who do I pray to? I'll pray to you.
That good humans can do...

Who do I pray to? Think I'll pray to you.
That good people can...

Worship at the shrine..
Who do I pray to? I'll pray to you.
That good humans can do...

petosiris

Banned
God may encompass everything in the universe, but he must encompass the law of identity and the law of non-contradiction. God can't be an equivocation.

Opal

Premium Member
God may encompass everything in the universe, but he must encompass the law of identity and the law of non-contradiction. God can't be an equivocation.

Equivocation example

God: "One million years to me is a second."

Man: "What about one million dollars, my Lord?"

God: "A penny."

Man: "May my Lord give me a penny?"

God: "No problem, just a second."
progress.gif

Opal

Premium Member
Peter 1 3:8

Finally, be ye of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous.

I know you meant Peter 2.

Peter 1, is beautiful.

The other quotes, what? You want to quibble about the number one thousand or one million?

Last edited: