Does this event chart for my MRI suggest a negative outcome/finding?

MJ82

I had my first mammogram last week, and was shocked to find that it came back abnormal. Breast cancer runs in my family, so this is even more concerning. No mass was seen or felt but an intermediate suspicious group of microcalcifications was found.

I am now being sent for an MRI with contrast, to determine if it is benign or not.

I've attached an event chart for the date and time of the MRI appointment (I'm booked in at 9am on Monday 22nd Sep, but it may not be before 9:15/20 that the MRI starts).

I see Scorpio is rising, the sun at critical 29 degrees, and Uranus in the 6th house... I don't really like the look of that, though I don't know if astrologically it would have any bearing on what the radiologists see during the MRI... Does this suggest anything?

I've also added a synastry chart between the event chart and my natal.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• mri chart.jpg
    mri chart.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Mri event synastry with natal.jpg
    Mri event synastry with natal.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
There are a lot of good indications that the MRI will be accurate and help lead to a proper diagnosis what with both luminaries above the earth, the Sun as L10 unafflicted, and Jupiter emplaced in the Tenth house. However, the first house is afflicted by the presence of Saturn, so I don't think the MRI will come back with good news.

Marinka

You may want to redo the chart so that Saturn is sitting right on the ascendant. I expect that will be about 40 -50 minutes later and that might actually correspond to when the MRI actually starts.

MJ82

Thank you both. I'll redraw the chart tomorrow, though I'm thinking I should get some distance from it until the MRI at least.

Uranus in the 6th - I can't believe that! Not too happy :(

MJ82

But Jupiter is angular conjunct the 10th :) Doesn't that count for something? Perhaps if it isn't benign, it will be easily treated.

I've just had a look, and 40 mins later puts saturn conjunct asc, but at least shifts uranus out of the 6th.

Uranus is retrograde and now in the 5th, but conjunct the 6th cusp, does the retrograde cancel that in some way?

Last edited:

MJ82

One thing I just realised, which makes me feel a little better about the ascendant, is that it makes sense for scorpio to be rising: if the ascendant is the "what", and we know the event is an MRI (by nature, looking through and beneath), scorpio here represents that x-ray like process.

What concerns me is saturn in the 1st and the chart ruler, Pluto, squaring Uranus either in or conjunct the 6th house cusp.

Is there anything that might suggest a positive outcome in this chart?

Marinka

Calcification would be Saturn related so having Saturn on the ascendant is not concerning because the calcification is why you are having the MRI ... note, not concerning at the current time but, that might change. Uranus in the 6th and moving to the 5th indicates that the medical situation arose unexpectedly .. so a rush to have test done.

Make sure to note the start time and end time of the MRI so that the progression of planets and aspects can be looked at. That might be able to identify what was being seen.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I disagree with the idea of rescheduling to get Saturn on the Ascendant. Saturn is damaging enough in the First house alone without directly afflicting the Ascendant.

One thing I just realised, which makes me feel a little better about the ascendant, is that it makes sense for scorpio to be rising: if the ascendant is the "what", and we know the event is an MRI (by nature, looking through and beneath), scorpio here represents that x-ray like process.

The Ascendant isn't the "what", it's the "who", in this case, the you. The MRI is the Tenth house as the medical test, diagnosis, or general physic being applied.

Marinka

I disagree with the idea of rescheduling to get Saturn on the Ascendant. Saturn is damaging enough in the First house alone without directly afflicting the Ascendant.

Not rescheduling the actual appointment .. redoing the chart (changing time) to put Saturn at the ascendant.

I expect that the actual MRI is going to end up being done between 40 to 50 minutes from the time of the appointment and that would put Saturn right on the ascendant for that time. It's unlikely that the MRI would start at 9am, there may be a wait from previous patients, and then you need to get dressed in their clothes and then the contrast needs to be done ... so .. it looks like Saturn is going to be crossing the ascendant at some point while the MRI is being done.

MJ82

I'll look back, but yesterday I set the chart for about 10 am - they have an hour slot I was told, and saturn was almost exact on the ascendant then, ith a few degrees to go I recall.

If I'm the asc - I'm being x-rayed in a way, so scorpio makes sense. Could saturn represent the seriousness of the event, exam?

And if the 10th is the MRI itself, isn't it a good thing that Jupiter is at least conjunct the MC?

Also for event charts, like this that lasts over an hour etc, does the chart for the start time define the event?

I'll repost a couple interval charts later. Thanks for your input

MJ82

Here's the chart for 10:10 am - I'd imagine they would be finishing near to this point.

Saturn crosses the ascendant and into the 12th. Could the microcalcifications end up difficult to determine - inconclusive? I see a lot of neptune hard aspects to mars, ruler of the 6th and also to the moon. I do hope the other factors you mentioned Kaiousei no Senshi, will at least allow the MRI to be accurate in diagnosis.

See the 10:10 am chart below.

Attachments

• mri chart 10am.jpg
    mri chart 10am.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 26

Marinka

Here's the chart for 10:10 am - I'd imagine they would be finishing near to this point.

Saturn crosses the ascendant and into the 12th. Could the microcalcifications end up difficult to determine - inconclusive? I see a lot of neptune hard aspects to mars, ruler of the 6th and also to the moon. I do hope the other factors you mentioned Kaiousei no Senshi, will at least allow the MRI to be accurate in diagnosis.

See the 10:10 am chart below.

The Neptune/Mars has passed.

The only angle that would be in effect moving forward (without changing signs) is the Jupiter square Saturn. I expect the Saturn might be the calcifications and with Jupiter squaring, indicates that it is not likely that they will say everything is fine. I expect that they will want to recheck (see if more are showing up) or do a biopsy. Transiting Jupiter will square Saturn exact in October, again in January, and again in the spring or so. These are times that you could expect further action on this. Or, if you look in the chart, Jupiter is 5 degrees away from square of Saturn -- 5 weeks, 5 months ....

MJ82

Thanks Marinka, part of me is expecting that the MRI will not be conclusive and that they'll want to do a biopsy. Tonight I found a red spot on my left breast, where the microcalcifications are... it has me a little worried. I'll report back with the outcome.

MJ82

So I just found out the MRI was normal, no suspicious findings and follow up in 6 months to make sure nothing has changed. I'm very relieved!

Marinka

So I just found out the MRI was normal, no suspicious findings and follow up in 6 months to make sure nothing has changed. I'm very relieved!

Good to hear that they found nothing. Did they identify whether it is calcium deposits or not? I'm curious .. do you need another MRI in 6 months or just regular screening tests?

MJ82

Good to hear that they found nothing. Did they identify whether it is calcium deposits or not? I'm curious .. do you need another MRI in 6 months or just regular screening tests?

I would like to ask them - the MRI didn't specify anything in the report other than to say no suspicious findings or mass. So the report must be concluding that they are benign i.e calcium no?

I need to ask about what the 6 month follow up will involve. Probably mammogram again to see if the microcalcs are stable, and also ultrasound, as I was told I have extremely dense breasts which render mammos alone almost useless...