I am an AWFUL procrastinator even on things I want to do! What is causing this?

Bloop

I set up so many projects for myself mentally- some are boring/work oriented, others are endeavors I genuinely want (artistic, creative things), and others are things I know I can enjoy when I get into it- but I have trouble starting the process and don’t give myself enough time! This has been happening since my youth~

My chart: https://m.imgur.com/a/fXB9rl5

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

This may be coincidental, but last night we had a few friends over. We're seniors and my husband and another couple were discussing having middle-aged children with attention deficit disorder. The symptoms sounded similar to what you've described.
https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/10-symptoms-adult-adhd

Especially if you're at the point where it's difficult to stay in school or keep a job, it's worth looking into.

Astrologically you have a big Thor's Hammer pointing to your moon. [Two planets joined by a square each form a sesqui-square with a third planet.] In your case, one of the corners includes both Mercury and Pluto, with the other corner occupied by Saturn. Then you've got the wide opposition to your moon from Neptune and Uranus.

With your moon in sensitive Cancer, I suspect its easy for your feelings just to get overwhelmed by things that start to look or feel like too much stress.

Overall, you have a strong chart. Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius, so it's domiciled (in the sign it rules) as are Pluto and the moon. Mars and Jupiter are in mutual reception. I think you can overcome this.

What goes through your mind when you switch from "Do!" to "Do not"?

Zora

Account Closed
I set up so many projects for myself mentally- some are boring/work oriented, others are endeavors I genuinely want (artistic, creative things), and others are things I know I can enjoy when I get into it- but I have trouble starting the process and don’t give myself enough time! This has been happening since my youth~

xkzFasw.jpeg

Hello Bloop,

your chart doesn't show your gender - whether you are male or female- what would be important to know - concerning your first male principle model role of acting out and especially for what you would enjoy - 5th house - mercury ruled with chiron - the inner wound - placed in.

You already are some days around here on earth - and it is surely not effective on all in your life. You have a work, clothes you wear and have chosen, you daily choose what to you like eat and have a roof over your head.

Everything in a chart starts with moon, sun and mercury- the most important first planets.

"From youth on" means born with it (2nd and 3rd house). Your moon as the perceiving female principle rules your 3rd house mental mind, thoughts, your personal manner of communication. perceiving information and processing information.

Cancer - water element - in 3rd house is a flowing emotional energy open to feelings and able to be visionary and to imagine a lot before inner eyes. But to get it acted out what passive principle moon has perceived and thought about in your 3rd house- an active male principle is needed and necessary to get it happen.

Your moon - your thoughts and perceptions are in zero degree exact quinkunx with your sun -male active principle- in 7th house - an aspect to be very creative and working close together - and to get it visible to other people (7th house), too.

BUT.... your moon is zero degree exact sesquiquadrated by your saturn in aquarius in 10th house - and sesquiquadrated by pluto in 6th house - both getting between your moon/sun aspect - you quickly feel yourself inhibited and restricted from on your own - because of having high standards of perfection - and because of start thinking and to see it through the other people's eyes as not perfect enough and to have to work on a lot before - what can immediately stop your creative flow and to start to get in action for - thinking - I never will achieve it in this perfect way.

Moon is in a mercury ruled and directed 2nd house (house of skills you are born with but also house of self-protection and safety- first) and mercury as ruler of 2nd house and 5th house- creativity- is in scorpio in 6th house - to first work hard on perfect perfection before presenting it to others.

And you yourself are your own graceless judge with saturn in aquarius high above in 10th house squaring the master of perfection - pluto in 6th house.

Start thinking of perfection - is the end and the death of any creative natural flow.

Last edited:

Harmelia

Before looking at your chart - reading your question - I thought "Gemini". And then I looked at your chart and your past life south node is in Gemini. The South Node plays a very big role in a person's life - especially in describing a wound. Gemini can be very much "in the head" - it thinks and thinks and thinks - and often, not much of what it thinks translates to real activity.

Mercury, the ruler of your South Node, is in Scorpio - an inward sign, in the 6th, an inward house. Your thoughts turn reflective - and I'm guessing, you are very analytical and perfectionist - with Virgo Chiron in the 5th house - of creative self-expression. Chiron is the wounded healer - pointing out a problem - and is in cahoots with your South Node wound.

Sagittarius - is a sign where one has many interests - and it is easy going from one to the other without finishing anything. But it loves to set goals and explore many avenues. Sagittarius is not a good finisher in general - but it CAN BE.

You truly do have artistic talent. Venus rules your whole chart and Venus is in the 7th house of the artist. So, you have that going for you. What needs to happen is you need to tune into your Moon. It is in Cancer in the 2nd. You are too much in your head and with Gemini-Sagittarius - you can stay in your head. These mutable signs aren't great starters of projects. But your Moon in a cardinal sign is a better starter - and - you need to get in touch with your desire - your passion - your feelings to do the work. So the task is to get out of your head and into your heart.

Another possible issue is that you could be self-critical or perfectionist - with that Virgo Chiron in the 5th. Perfectionism can defeat you before you start, because it is never good enough. Self-criticism or self-doubt also is a show-stopper. So you may need to watch your self-talk and give yourself room to have fun with your projects without so much critical attention to it.

Another thing I wonder about is - were you taught that you should be of service to others - and so - it's going against your conditioning to shine yourself?

If you focus on doing some inner work around these issues, you could rise above the procrastination. I have a Sagittarius Moon, and Virgo rising, and I relate perfectly to this difficulty. I had trouble finishing anything because I had so many projects going at the same time - so many interests - until I started to tell myself that I will put all but one on the back burner. Part of my problem was self-doubt (Virgo) - so I chose the one easiest project to finish first. I did - and that broke the pattern somewhat. I still have unfinished projects that have been close to my heart for years - and I still have to work at starting them again - over and over - but at least I have more confidence - and I finish some of them - and I get closer to finishing the others.

My advice is to pick a project that is easy to start and complete - and work up from there.

Bloop

This may be coincidental, but last night we had a few friends over. We're seniors and my husband and another couple were discussing having middle-aged children with attention deficit disorder. The symptoms sounded similar to what you've described.
https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/10-symptoms-adult-adhd

Ah yes i think what I wrote does sound like that funny enough. I am in the process of eventually getting tested cuz of pandemic restrictions. Personally though, I feel deep down it’s for other reasons than ADHD, and I’ve been told by friends and family in real life that I don’t really seem to fit the bill!

Astrologically you have a big Thor's Hammer pointing to your moon. [Two planets joined by a square each form a sesqui-square with a third planet.] In your case, one of the corners includes both Mercury and Pluto, with the other corner occupied by Saturn. Then you've got the wide opposition to your moon from Neptune and Uranus.

Will look into that! I am curious though- can minor aspects and oppositions really cause this much of an impact in someone’s life? I certainly feel my squares- but I wonder if those lesser aspects effect minor day-to-day things which gradually chip away at my sense of self, whereas the major aspects are overarching themes in ones life?

With your moon in sensitive Cancer, I suspect its easy for your feelings just to get overwhelmed by things that start to look or feel like too much stress.

This is extremely accurate!

Overall, you have a strong chart. Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius, so it's domiciled (in the sign it rules) as are Pluto and the moon. Mars and Jupiter are in mutual reception. I think you can overcome this.

What goes through your mind when you switch from "Do!" to "Do not"?

This is very uplifting to hear!

A very good question I’m not sure how to answer. It’s definitely all fear based. But I think it’s 100x easier to do things on other people’s behalf (especially if something effects them immediately) than on my own. Or if it’s something which can potentially effect my reputation/make me immediately look bad in front of others, but that isn’t as much of a strong motivator.

Perfection

Mercury in the 6th house is very bad for many projects at once.

You need precise thinking always.

leomoon

What I once read, (but cannot recall where any longer), is if you have planets rising (on the left side of the chart where most of your planets rise), then you will be a person who will ACT out (create) as related to karmic events.

IF you have the opposite side or setting planets (in this case you do), you will be "receiving karma" for the most part in this lifetime.

Other info to consider:

https://astro-charts.com/blog/2018/meaning-planets-rising-descending-nadir-or-midheav/

waybread

Usually kids with a Thor's Hammer do a lot of acting-out. In your case, though, your super-sensitive Cancer moon is connected to Saturn and Pluto. Saturn is the traditional ruler of fear and shame. Pluto deals more with phobias and obsessions.

With so many planets in the 7th house, you are probably very other-directed.

Osamenor

Staff member
What I once read, (but cannot recall where any longer), is if you have planets rising (on the left side of the chart where most of your planets rise), then you will be a person who will ACT out (create) as related to karmic events.

IF you have the opposite side or setting planets (in this case you do), you will be "receiving karma" for the most part in this lifetime.

Other info to consider:

https://astro-charts.com/blog/2018/meaning-planets-rising-descending-nadir-or-midheav/

What I see in people with a primarily western hemisphere orientation is a need for other people in whatever they do. The right side of the chart is the "others" side. When your emphasis is there, you work best when you're working with others. If you're trying to be a self starter, without anyone else being involved in the process, it's not likely to work very well. It would probably also take others being involved for you to stick with it.

You might accomplish a little on your own, but really getting somewhere requires some sort of partnership. When you have a seventh house emphasis in your chart--the partnership house--this is especially so.

That doesn't necessarily mean your whole project has to be a collaborative effort, but you do need some involvement from others. Someone, or someones, to bounce ideas off of. Someone to give you feedback. Someone's presence and expectations to keep you going. It might be as simple as having a body double: making a date with someone to sit together (in person or virtually, as current conditions allow) while both of you work on your own stuff. On the other end of the scale, you might in fact do very well with a collaborative project.

Having so much Sagittarius in your chart probably makes you primarily process oriented. Sagittarius is all about the process. That's the sign that will work on something just to have the experience of doing it, but not care at all about the final goal or finished product. However, you've also got a very powerful Saturn--singleton, angular, domiciled, and your most elevated planet--sticking its fingers in most of your chart. Saturn does expect results, and gets very demanding about it. Saturn having that much influence is likely to make you very hard on yourself, expecting more of yourself than is really reasonable.

leomoon

How is Mercury in the 6th bad for multiple projects? Please expand on that. Otherwise, this makes no sense.

What does that have to do with astrology?

This "sound to me like" he/she is speaking about the 6th house natural lord being Mercury i.e. Virgo house. Therefore, a focus of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
You need precise thinking always.
Precise sounds Virgo-ish to me.

I have a stellium here, and although I can be quite focused if necessary, normally, I am scattered by choice. I never understood that about me until I found out my Ascendant in Sidereal is Gemini and not Cancer as my Tropical chart has.

My mind can go 10 places at once. I think somehow, its deep basis is boredom from the idea of extensive focusing. :sideways:

AppLeo

I don't understand how this is an astrological issue

People procrastinate because they fear the thing they want to do, or it doesn't actually align with their values.

If I had to guess astrologically, I think it's your venus-saturn. Venus is what we enjoy, and also artistic things... Saturn restricts or instills fear whatever it touches. I think you just need to force yourself to create regardless how ugly it feels.

Venus conjunct mercury and pluto suggests that you take an obsessive or neurotic approach to your creativity. You probably should take a more laid back approach, instead of over-thinking about it.

Last edited: