Virgo rising in composite chart, pisces rising in Davison

Daisy

Hello! As the title sais, my composite and Davison relationship chart with my boyfriend have 2 opposite signs as ascendants, which is very confusing for me and intresting at the same time. Has this ever happened to anyone? And if so, how did you read both charts without getting confused?

Last edited:

katydid

It happens that way because those charts are based upon midpoints, which are not just a point in the zodiac but actually a 180 degree line through the zodiac.

And mathematically, a midpoint between 2 planets can be seen as both 1Aries and 1Libra, because the midpoint is actually a line through the zodiac. It is a continuum.

I probably didn't explain it very well, but maybe a technical writer could explain it better. :sideways:

Daisy

It happens that way because those charts are based upon midpoints, which are not just a point in the zodiac but actually a 180 degree line through the zodiac.

And mathematically, a midpoint between 2 planets can be seen as both 1Aries and 1Libra, because the midpoint is actually a line through the zodiac. It is a continuum.

I probably didn't explain it very well, but maybe a technical writer could explain it better. :sideways:
I think I understood what you are trying to tell me, but the Davison chart is not made with the midpoints of 2 planets. It is a real chart, unlike the composite, that represents the midpoint between the dates of two natal charts.

katydid

I think I understood what you are trying to tell me, but the Davison chart is not made with the midpoints of 2 planets. It is a real chart, unlike the composite, that represents the midpoint between the dates of two natal charts.

Right, but it is a real chart, using the 'midpoint' of the 2 birthdates. So theoretically, it is also a midpoint chart.

The Davison chart is a way of combining two charts to obtain a third separate chart that describes a particular relationship dynamic — and this chart has an actual birth date and location. I have come to call the data calculated through the Davison technique the Birthday of the Relationship! So, how do we calculate the birthday of a relationship?

Like the composite chart, the Davison chart is based on midpoints. However, the method of calculation for the two is quite different. The Davison chart calculates the midpoint in time between the two birth dates and times and the midpoint in space between the latitudes and longitudes of the two birthplaces. The end result is a complete birth chart describing the merger of two individuals. A Davison Relationship Chart has a date, time, and location — just like any natal chart. This represents a major advantage of the Davison chart over the composite. Exploring the Davison chart is well worth your time and effort. Most astrological computer programs on the market include calculations for the Davison chart as well as the composite chart.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/tma_article150106_e.htm