Pluto in an Angular House

Blaze

Account Closed
I have Pluto in the seventh, opposite asc, trine Neptune, Jupiter and Chiron (Did I spell that right?) and square my Moon. Tbh, I have no idea how to describe said placement. I've been told that the seventh house is the house of others and that planets in said house are hard for the native to discuss, though how much truth that holds is unknown to me. All I know is that I don't know what this placement is like.

Perhaps that's the nature of the seventh house? Will Pluto forever be an unknown to me since it opposes the house of the self?

Other people have told me that at times I appear angry or bothered. I've also been told I have a "Look of death" about me when in deep thought, though, I think that's bs.

The strangest thing about my Pluto In Scorpio, is how it's Conjunct my fathers Moon/Saturn while his own Pluto in Leo is conjunct my moon and South node.

katydid

I have Pluto in the seventh, opposite asc, trine Neptune, Jupiter and Chiron (Did I spell that right?) and square my Moon. Tbh, I have no idea how to describe said placement. I've been told that the seventh house is the house of others and that planets in said house are hard for the native to discuss, though how much truth that holds is unknown to me. All I know is that I don't know what this placement is like.

Perhaps that's the nature of the seventh house? Will Pluto forever be an unknown to me since it opposes the house of the self?

Other people have told me that at times I appear angry or bothered. I've also been told I have a "Look of death" about me when in deep thought, though, I think that's bs.

The strangest thing about my Pluto In Scorpio, is how it's Conjunct my fathers Moon/Saturn while his own Pluto in Leo is conjunct my moon and South node.

Pluto in the 7th can be a very weird placement. The 7th is Libra's domain. It is where we are supposed to make concessions, compromise and be conciliatory towards others. That goes against the basic nature of Pluto. :bandit:

Pluto points to where we are kind of 'obsessed.' It shows where we want to hold power but where we often fear we fall short. So Pluto in the 7th is like a push/pull in terms of relationships. On one hand, they are very important to you and you crave the intensity and emotional connection. But on the other, they bring out your fears and it is sometimes more comfortable to 'chase' your object of affection, careful not to get too close so you can avoid the hassle all together….:love:

Kitchy

Banned
I had an ex-boyfriend for several months many years ago who had Pluto on 7th natal. He had Pisces rising, Moon in 1st - and boy-o-boy - he was always drawing women to him like flies. He could never shine-on any woman who was hitting on him. It was too much and needless to say - it didn't last long for us. A few years back, we ran into each other at a Ralph's grocery - we exchanged pleasantries - then he got very emotional and serious with me and asked me - "What is my problem? I'm almost 50 and I can't maintain a serious relationship with a woman - and they always became obsessive and violent towards me. Then he asked, 'why did you dump me? I really liked you and thought we had something."

I told him that I didn't want to become like those obsessive violent women he seemed to attract.

sibylline

I had an ex-boyfriend for several months many years ago who had Pluto on 7th natal. He had Pisces rising, Moon in 1st - and boy-o-boy - he was always drawing women to him like flies. He could never shine-on any woman who was hitting on him. It was too much and needless to say - it didn't last long for us. A few years back, we ran into each other at a Ralph's grocery - we exchanged pleasantries - then he got very emotional and serious with me and asked me - "What is my problem? I'm almost 50 and I can't maintain a serious relationship with a woman - and they always became obsessive and violent towards me. Then he asked, 'why did you dump me? I really liked you and thought we had something."

I told him that I didn't want to become like those obsessive violent women he seemed to attract.

This is hilarious. When I first met my boyfriend he would do and say things sometimes that stirred those obsessive, uncontrollable feelings in me. Knowing about his Pluto though, I'd think, "I see what you did there" and catch myself before I acted on them. This helped a lot because he saw me as "different" since he fully identifies with his Taurus Ascendant -- it is others who are crazy, violent, controlling, he's just a warm-hearted, peaceful cherub. :innocent:

He did have a violent, abusive ex, but I always wonder...

Blaze

Account Closed
:andy:

Wow, those posts....

Wanna laugh? Two of my past ex girlfriends tried to kill me. One with a knife, the other with her car. :pouty: I never understood how or why anyone would feel so strongly as to want to kill another, but yea, I do tend to attract...strong-psychotic types. But I'm pretty sure they weren't always that way....eh.

So with Pluto in the 7th opposite asc...could we say that the native doesn't want the things associated with the 7th, but is attracted to it anyway?

sibylline

So with Pluto in the 7th opposite asc...could we say that the native doesn't want the things associated with the 7th, but is attracted to it anyway?

Like katydid mentioned, it is a push-pull. They are attracted and repelled.

However, it is your chart. 7th house planets "activate" in one-on-one dealings, and you may not even notice, because your self-identity is associated with the opposing 1st house. The Pluto/DSC person is attracted to a devoted, intense, passionate partner. Now, if a partner is intense and passionate, they won't just be so in ways deemed "acceptable" by the Pluto person. The Pluto person is themselves possessive, intense, and a bit controlling (although depending on their chart they may or may not accept this). In so being they will repel more lighthearted partners and attract those who are intensely devoted. Also, the Pluto person may be "off and on", sometimes passionate and sometimes cold. When things become too intense, in their opinion, they may turn off. They may do or say things that suggest they could leave at any time. This can cause their partner to act out.

sibylline

Also,

Wanna laugh? Two of my past ex girlfriends tried to kill me. One with a knife, the other with her car. :pouty: I never understood how or why anyone would feel so strongly as to want to kill another,

I don't want to go too off-topic so if you'd like you can start another thread on crazy Plutonic love (or something like that). I can add a lot to that since I have Sun and Venus in the 8th house. I've never wanted to kill someone but I can understand the underlying feelings. :lol:

daniel

I'm not quite up to speed on the significations of Pluto, would anyone care to give a general summary? I have Pluto in Scorpio in the First House within 5 degrees of the Ascendant.

PL in this position and sign confers great physical regeneration powers, and great endurance. Plus the ability to gaze though to the heart of a person.

You will go through many changes, and come out actually looking different.

it also confers the ability here to not be noticed in a room.

you will always notice things going on, but may keep most observations to yourself.
people that are not putt off, will confide in you. you confide little, but only to those very close to you.

watch your gaze, you can provoke with it.

daniel

Freya39

The 7th house is associated to partnership, projections, marriage, and relationships. If the first houses help us establish how we are singular beings, separate and different from every other, the cusp of the 7th house reconnect us to others. Also, the 7th reflect what we receive in and deliver to a partnership.
Any planet in the 7th house will show the way you manifest yourself in relationship. Moreover, the 7th house may represent the qualities we admire in a partner, the traits and skills that we may feel we do not possess ourselves. To analyze the meaning of your 7th house, it’s very important to pay attention to the Descendent sign, and the ruler of the 7th house.
Then Pluto in 7th house symbolically may slow things, or Pluto can bring pressure, or even can determined you to have some transformation. On the other way, the house where Pluto is located is likely to contain many secrets.

Marcoilrosso

Do you notice when Pluto is in an Angular House that the archetypes of Pluto come out stronger? Care to share any examples?

ps. I realize the whole chart needs to be considered. I'm trying to get some discussion going in this new section!

Our actual president of the republic, Sergio Mattarella, gets Pluto in the X house. Conjuncts the Sun and trines Mars. When he was Minister of the Defence, he instituted an investigation-commission about the correlation between the use of uranium in war and the cases of epidemics. He had tried to throw light about the situation. I think it is one of the clearest cases one can get of an angular Pluto.

druex

With Scorpio Rising and Pluto sitting in my 1st House, I've always wondered how others viewed me. I'm very shy/reserved so I don't think that I come off intense or sexually magnetic. Although two astrologers who have done a in-person reading for me, both claimed I struck them more as Scorpio Rising because there was an intensity to me and my eyes were very hypnotic.

daniel

With Scorpio Rising and Pluto sitting in my 1st House, I've always wondered how others viewed me.

A double whammy. They probably see a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
This would be more-so with pluto conjunct the Ascendant

Pluto conjunct the Ascendant can cover a Leo Ascendant with a reticent nature and much mystery and intrigue.

druex

A double whammy. They probably see a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
This would be more-so with pluto conjunct the Ascendant

Pluto conjunct the Ascendant can cover a Leo Ascendant with a reticent nature and much mystery and intrigue.

I'm actually a Leo Sun with a stellium to add but my Scorpio Rising definitely hides the Leo essence strongly.

Iced8Ace

New section? :sideways:

I have Pluto in Sag in my 4th house square Virgo ascendant. Even though I have pleasant aspects to my ASC, people are sometimes afraid of me initially. I have strong presence, which I can shut on or off. It's actually quite funny.... I always notice when people are uncomfortable and I feel a bit rude not accommodating them. Could be Venus square Pluto.

I have always, since a very young age, been good at hiding secrets. I've gotten away with so much in my youth---it's funny looking back on how controlled everything was but how I still sort of ran things. The downside to this placement is that I really can't hurt anyone, so instead, I become the victim of immature power plays and it seem like they extend to all corners of my life such as work, relationships, friendships etc. Still getting a handle on this one.

daniel

I have found, with strong pluto to ascendant aspects, if one does not responsibly own
those dark energies, that they find them selves on the receiving end of abuse and over
reaching power. This can take many forms. For me it was sexual abuse as a child.

Eventually i came to understand that i had to be on my own and this healing ability
was my strength. Even in holding onto the pain, i could see the toxins and learned to let
this go, as well. Now i find myself sharing and uplifting those in similar situations.

The responsibility comes in not allowing this dark energy to become outwardly
manifesting, as in one who is very controlling , angry or forcefully opinionated,
nor being one who allows this to be foisted on them,
but to recognize the overall patterns in humanity and to be a positive force for healing.

daniel

Last edited:

Ambitious

Amarinthe - you have a picture of a metamorphosis cacooned butterfly caterpiller thing as your pic. I think you've already figured it out! The miracle of life that comes from the degeneration of that which can no longer survive as it was.

Nonetheless, Pluto on AC could be considered one cool cucumber - an individual who has great composure at times most needed, never setting sights on something that isn't already in their grasp. Pluto on first cusp gives a person a great sense of grasp - of themselves and how to react to others , but how it is used depends on the other factors of charts, for positive or negative. It is a powerful energy source for you if your other angular houses are fixed and within degrees - Pluto can bowl and dig through anything in its way in first house and the rest of the angles. Ain't always pretty, but it is always effective in purpose.

So, purpose comes into play in the angles if you have fixed signs on 1,4,7,10.

That's my cliff note belief of Pluto. After that, it's up for grabs by Moon relationship.

I have been told I am cool as a cucumber. However, Pluto is also conjunct Saturn and square Mars and Moon. Seriously intense and martial at the same time? I have been mistaken for a Scorpio before.

My Leo Sun is in the 10th house. I pursue most objectives with a purpose or, at least, a sense of adventure.

I have Pluto in the 4th, which makes a (too wide, IMO) 8 degree square to my Ascendant. I agree with jamandjelly.

I did once have a woman run up to me on the train and ask, "Are you a Scorpio?" but I also have my chart ruler (Sun in Pisces) in the 8th house trine Pluto and Mercury in the 7th partile square Pluto so that could have been what she was picking up on.

How has that 8H sun manifested in your life?

I know others with an angular Pluto but it is difficult to pick apart from the other energies in their chart...

Agreed

My boyfriend has Pluto conjunct the Descendant (but from the 6th hse). He has been described as the "strong and silent type", but his Moon is in the 12th hse opposed Pluto so I'm sure that is part of it.

My father has Pluto exactly conjunct the MC and before they know him, people usually see him as intense, powerful, and private. He also has an 8th house stellium including the Sun and Moon, however.

Interesting that you inherited that 8H sun from him:rightful:

Alkaid

Other people will be obsessed with such a person and even people the native doesn't know will have great interest in them and their life.

IfIKnewBetter

Other people will be obsessed with such a person and even people the native doesn't know will have great interest in them and their life.

Acquaintances or "friends of friends" get really into me, or some people I meet right off the bat. Definitely not as many as this placement suggests. My mom's wedding was a few months ago and I met a lot of guests, nobody I really spoke to deeply at length but they still talk about me to her. They say all kinds of crazy sh** like they somehow know me and that I'm special and that they've glanced into my soul but I'm like, "I just offered you some macaroons, thanked you for coming and left..." I have people I'll meet in passing that will be come up to me later and act like we're best friends when we had about 10 seconds of conversation before I excused myself. I don't say much although I feel a responsiblity to make a good impression during certain situations (Leo Stellium in Midheaven, which pluto squares) so maybe that's it?

With Scorpio Rising and Pluto sitting in my 1st House, I've always wondered how others viewed me. I'm very shy/reserved so I don't think that I come off intense or sexually magnetic. Although two astrologers who have done a in-person reading for me, both claimed I struck them more as Scorpio Rising because there was an intensity to me and my eyes were very hypnotic.

^ This. I have the same placement, Scorpio rising with Pluto in 1st, but I don't consider myself sexy. When I try to be it's like "too much" and people shrink away. Maybe we're not "owning" this placement?

The only two things I've noticed are when I'm 100% done and in public it looks a little like this:

95287-shark-swimming-fish-gif-imgur-Xklu.gif

I've had a couple people say I intimidated them when we first met. I'm 5'2", small frame. I know I have a certain stare when I'm angry or want to get a point across. Maybe it's a blessing of a Pluto-Mars square but it's an effective way of putting the fear of God in someone.

And I'm in a constant state of self improvement/exploration/evolution. It's never ending. I had a tarot card reader do a spread for me, she pulled the Death card for "Whom you serve." I thought it was fitting...

Last edited:

druex

Acquaintances or "friends of friends" get really into me, or some people I meet right off the bat. Definitely not as many as this placement suggests. My mom's wedding was a few months ago and I met a lot of guests, nobody I really spoke to deeply at length but they still talk about me to her. They say all kinds of crazy sh** like they somehow know me and that I'm special and that they've glanced into my soul but I'm like, "I just offered you some macaroons, thanked you for coming and left..." I have people I'll meet in passing that will be come up to me later and act like we're best friends when we had about 10 seconds of conversation before I excused myself. I don't say much although I feel a responsiblity to make a good impression during certain situations (Leo Stellium in Midheaven, which pluto squares) so maybe that's it?

^ This. I have the same placement, Scorpio rising with Pluto in 1st, but I don't consider myself sexy. When I try to be it's like "too much" and people shrink away. Maybe we're not "owning" this placement?

The only two things I've noticed are when I'm 100% done and in public it looks a little like this:

95287-shark-swimming-fish-gif-imgur-Xklu.gif

I've had a couple people say I intimidated them when we first met. I'm 5'2", small frame. I know I have a certain stare when I'm angry or want to get a point across. Maybe it's a blessing of a Pluto-Mars square but it's an effective way of putting the fear of God in someone.

And I'm in a constant state of self improvement/exploration/evolution. It's never ending. I had a tarot card reader do a spread for me, she pulled the Death card for "Whom you serve." I thought it was fitting...

I wonder how we own it? Lol