8th house stellium people

MJ82

Hello all,

I have a stellium of planets in the 8th house: moon, mars, pluto and saturn. I am learning a lot about the 8th house and becoming more aware of how it plays out in my life, how it explains certain things.

I found a description of the 8th house below at this link: http://astrology.about.com/od/thehouses/p/EighthHouse.htm

The eighth house is one of hidden mysteries, the biggest of which is the final transformation, death. It's where you find intense emotional wells, the secrets of the soul that unfold over a lifetime. Often we fear what lies in the eighth house, partly because of its power to end our old way of being. Compulsions, obsessions, primal entanglements -- these all require serious grappling with the core to untangle. The eighth house concerns those life issues that we're often at the mercy of, that feel fated, and therefore, hard to resolve.

It's the life area of sexuality, since merging with another is a kind of death. Orgasm is often called the little death because it's a surrender to the primal energies. The merging with another in the sex act, transforms us, and is a release of that energy at the core. In the eighth house, you'll find insight about how you go there with another, and its significance as part of your evolving life.

Do you have an 8th house stellium?

I'm really interested to know what other people's experiences are with an 8th house stellium in particular, but also 8th house placements in general. I've seen threads on other forums that don't really go very deep, how people generally feel scorpionic energy etc... I'm curious to hear from people who have more to say on how this affects them and manifests in their lives. :whistling:

So please feel free to share your experiences in detail.

Attachments

• chart full may.gif
    chart full may.gif
    84.7 KB · Views: 127

Daria

8th house stellium person here:cool:!

Just doing some looking about the internet...in the last year I have come to terms with my 8th house stellium self which I had been denying for a long time. My planets were right at the end of the 7th house using Placidus, but this year I decided to rectify my chart to make the ascendant one degree earlier (since the Sabian symbol fits to a T) and also have started using Koch, which puts the bulk of that stellium solidly in the 8th house. So...I have, all in libra: Saturn (14 1/2) in 7th, then Jupiter (22), Mercury (23), Pluto (24), Sun (26). I DID used to wonder when all these great intense older marriage partners were going to happen (at age 30 I've been single my whole life), but by having Saturn the only one there and these other guys in the 8th, it would certainly indicate my passion for learning and researching, and of course the lack of lovers.

In the last year, during and after my Saturn return, things really have been moving me towards perhaps what I'm "supposed" to be doing- going back to school for acupuncture/Chinese medicine, learning astrology now from some heavy hitters, learning more about health and how to help/heal people on various levels. Of course I have all these planets being transited by Saturn. I guess the idea is once I came out of hiding more with 8th house stuff I've been interested in for a long time- esoteric stuff, alternative health, etc, I found some help and not so much resistance in the world.

People seem to think of me as intense at times- I can get very excited by stuff. I have pretty much boundless energy especially if I'm inspired by something I'm learning, a guy I'm interested in, whatever. I'm learning in my "old age" (8th house- people always perceive me as way mature for my age) that people seem not to have this sort of energy any more. I think my 8th house stuff (on Spica) has to do with this though also my Mars/Regulus conjunction, and happy sextile aspects between my stellium and Mars/Leo, and Nep/MC/Sag have to do with this.

Your stellium of course is going to be different than mine with Moon in the mix. A lot more emotional and probably intuitive with emotions (if a little tumultuous). I always have problems figuring stuff out, second guessing myself, or expressing emotions since my 8th house stellium squares my moon/N Node in 5th...I'm not so good with being light-hearted though my crazy Cancer moon certainly likes a good pun or bad joke. Ups and downs with deep emotions for you, my friend? Either way, intensity and constantly learning more about the self, and perhaps working on yourself for the better.

Last edited:

MJ82

Hi Daria :cool:

Just curious, why had you been denying your "8th house stellium self"?

You and I have some similarities, my 8th house stellium is also in Libra, and I have Saturn in the 8th (yours in the 7th) so Saturn playing a role in relationships, intimacy etc.

I'm just going through my saturn return now actually and it's been quite a ride emotionally and psychologically.

A lot more emotional and probably intuitive with emotions (if a little tumultuous) [...] Ups and downs with deep emotions for you, my friend? Either way, intensity and constantly learning more about the self, and perhaps working on yourself for the better.

Yes my emotions are very tumultuous, unstable in some way (not to say I am unstable, but just that my emotions are cyclical, up and down. Moon conjunct Mars in the 8th doesn't help, but as you say, it's all about learning about oneself.

I've come to realise as I near 30, that I may have to come to terms with my nature and these ups and downs, and that it may not be a phase after all. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I do believe the 8th house is a house of transformation to make its natives stronger...in the end.

Last edited:

Daria

Hi,

I say I had been denying my 8th house self since I wasn't around anyone who would remotely accept any of these things I was interested: grew up Roman Catholic, in a very non-intellectual, non-cultured (as in the "fine arts") blue collar area. Luckily my parents at least were sort of hip to the intellectual thing- not super progressive but at least I got to the library often and they could deal with me going to college (not for music though...and they've given up on controlling that aspect of my life now that I am doing acupuncture school). Anyway, all of my more esoteric studies and interests were always something I did by myself, alone, and/or through the internet. Not even friends were accepting of it, let alone interested in it, until very very recently (and only a very few...though now I live in hippie town, CA, there's lots of woo-woo types here). And of course when you are not around like-minded people, it can be hard to find resources or develop your interests, and definitely networking and learning/shooting ideas off others can be a challenge.

Meanwhile was upset about the lack of "love" opportunities which I thought my packed 7th house (in old version of chart) was "supposed" to produce. But now looking back having those planets in Libra can definitely influence my intense (whoa, 8th house word!) desire for relationship (Libra word) with someone compatible!

Last edited:

MJ82

Meanwhile was upset about the lack of "love" opportunities which I thought my packed 7th house (in old version of chart) was "supposed" to produce. But now looking back having those planets in Libra can definitely influence my intense (whoa, 8th house word!) desire for relationship (Libra word) with someone compatible!

:biggrin: I hear you! My Libra moon in the 8th is sometimes heavy I feel, in that I intensely feel the need to be partnered, and when I'm single (like at the moment) it feels hard. As in, I feel like there's a huge gaping hole in me that needs filling (which is not so healthy really...). I'm working on feeling solid on my own :whistling:

fullmoonlibra

Not that bad at all, yours I think.
I think my Mom's chart is VERYY open for interpretation and worth to take a look at.
Poor Mom.

Attachments

• N.jpg
    N.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 128

Daria

Doesn't look all that bad to me...the Saturn-Pluto/Uranus is a doozy of course but generational. Couple squares but to Jupiter- "easier" to deal with. Sun and Mars in Aries (they likey), Moon ALMOST in Taurus (though probably has progressed out of Taurus at this point :p ) inner planets making relatively easier aspects...I really don't understand why you say it is bad, seems fine to me. What issues do you see or have encountered?

LovelyNomad7

I know that this is an old post but just thought I'd share my experience.I have an 8th house stellium in scorpio. Now that I am older I am learning how to use this energy for good. When I was younger I used it to manipulate people...including my parents. From when I was 15-21 I partied all the time. I've always been an intelligent girl/ & a good student but once high school hit I was tired of listening to my parents rules. I was tired of being "ms goody two shoes" so I started hanging out with some crazy kids & I started drinking & doing drugs. I was pretty promiscuous as well. Unfortunately a few months after I turned 21 I lost one of my best friends in a car accident and that changed my life forever. After that I stopped doing drugs and partying. I got my life together & I graduated from college. I know I have a strong influence on people. I know I have the power to make things work in my favor. I'm pretty intuitive & my emotions run very deep! I've always had a lot of acquaintances and a few close friends but I sort of consider myself a loner. I don't mind though, it feels natural/ comfortable. Now that I have things together I have been using my energy in positive ways: working out, cooking, just taking up new hobbies and writing as well as focusing on my school work. I tend to be very determined & at times obsessive. My sexuality is very strong sometimes it's a good thing & sometimes I hate it. When I was younger I used to just go for it. Now I've learned to control myself but I hate it ecause I know other people can feel my energy it's just that powerful.

Attachments

• astro_w2at_02_ana_s_hp.14362.32559.gif
    astro_w2at_02_ana_s_hp.14362.32559.gif
    54.7 KB · Views: 111

LovelyNomad7

I also forgot to mention that I've had many near death experiences. I've had contact with spirits and although I've had a job since I was 18 until now because I am in graduate school I've been very fortunate to have parents that financially support me.

astro_novice

Near death experiences, and spirits? Wow!

I have a big stellium in 8th as well, Mercury, Sun, Moon, Mars, Pluto. Go figure.

8th is complicated, and it's definitely about emotional intuition.

mutableflame

Your chart does display an impressive energy about. Sometimes intentional, sometimes not.

I have a tight Sun, Uranus, Mercury and Saturn stellium in Sagittarius and in the 8th house. My Sun is also just barely conjunct Neptune in Capricorn in the 8th and my Saturn is barely conjunct Moon in Sagittarius in the 7th.

I've always been drawn toward psychic experiences and actually hope to be a professional intuitive counselor. My final depositor being Mars conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in the 6th only further pushes my sunny, candid Sagittarius self into the lessons of Scorpio. Being misunderstood, always searching for deeper meaning in everything, drawn toward the taboo and macabre.. Secrecy, obsession, high libido, night-terrors, esp.. And who can forget that not-always-so-pleasant journey within?

Claire19

I have a stellium with Venus Mars Neptune n Libra there all conjunct.
Jupiter also but not conjunct. Chiron is there in the mix.

For me it has been that I have been involved in legal matters of a confidential sort and dealing with criminality.
I am into reincarnation and life after death subjects as well and counsel on that through astrology and also healing modalities including flower essences. I have had many psychological crises and been close to death more than once. This stellium ensures that we will delve into the depths and intensity is our companion. The 8th is complicated and largely sub terranean and unless we learn to control the energies, they will control us.

I have also benefitted from inheritance and also losses with corporation investments.

Last edited:

astrology02

Hi, interesting topic!

I have sun, venus, mercury, mars all in the 8th so I can relate. People always mistake me for a scorpio even though I only have 1 planet in scorpio!

I have to say out of all the signs though I can relate best to scorpios because I understand the jealousy, passion, intensity...because I feel all these things.

My relationships have always been very private and intense. Involved a lot of jealousy, but also very passionate :) I have a preoccupation with death, I think about dying a lot but am not saddened by it, because I see it as a necessary part of life.

I guess with the 8th house people, we are always in search of what is beneath the surface, I live for uncovering secret truths about people and despise anything superficial. I benefited from inheritances and other people have supported me financially at times (so I guess that can tie into shared resources).

Last edited:

tautomer

I have an 8th house stellium of my sun, mercury, venus, and jupiter. The 8th house is by far the most important house in my chart for a multitude of reasons:

- The sun is in the 8th house.
- The chart ruler is in the 8th house.
- The ruler of the sun is in the 8th house.
- The ruler of the 8th house is in the 8th house.
- Pluto in scorpio is in the 1st house.
- Pluto is my final depositor.

Needless to say, what goes on in this house is ultimately what is going to rule and govern me. I have come to love my stellium. Because despite the hardships it can cause, it drives me and pushes me forward very far. Without it, I would not be where I am today, or who I am today.

I'm highly intuitive with people One of the biggest things this house does for me, is it allows me to peel away at the layers of the mind and emotions of myself and others. It's kick-started by my mars being on the midhaven, but I am keenly self aware. To a fault really. I have had to learn to back off from picking myself apart, breaking everything down, and sifting through everything to explain every possible thing I could think or feel. Human behavior as a whole is very logical to me, and it is extremely rare for me to meet a person who does not make sense to me. Even if I can't articulate it well, I can get almost anyone.

I have to be careful of what I speak of when I sense something about someone. I get to the core of my own hurts and ailments rather quick. Others don't appreciate that sort of speed and in the past I have hurt people for showing them things they are not prepared to handle.

A key word for me is "depth". I seek depth, I dive into the depths, and my drive is to uncover the depths of the world. I am not one to simply skate on the surface of things and ignore the deeper hidden meanings behind something. I am much more interested in what a person doesn't say, then what they say.

Very little scares me, and I am hard to freak out. I will get dreams that would be perceived as a nightmare by many, but I do not experience it as such. At worst I might be slightly unnerved. I actually enjoy "scary" dreams. My imagination is rather daemonic in a lot of ways. Not evil, but there is a darkness to it that I must balance out. For years I have denied it and ignored it, and it caused problems. In the past year I have learned to embrace it. It's "changing" me, but I have come to accept it.

I am seldom casual, and I take everything seriously. Even if I say "this is just for fun" to others, in my mind I am putting all focus and energy into things, and taking it as seriously as ever. I have a tendancy to be a very black-white thinker because of this. Again, something I have had to learn to work around.

I have the ability to be highly deceptive, and I am really good at it. Too good really. Why I can be deceptive comes from other areas of my chart, but the skill comes from my 8th house. Further the enjoyment of this emanates from there as well, which further drove me to do it.

The 8th house drives me to constantly self improve. I am constantly working on myself. Constantly refining myself. There is something to improve, better, fix. Sometimes it can get so overwhelming I get lazy and fix things with bandaids. Eventually, it can't hold together and I will just combust myself. Destroy most of what and who I am, and rebuild myself. Ultimately I am still me, but a tremendous amount of mental rearrangement has occured within.

I may put off a demenaor of being unflappable, tough, and certain. In reality though, I am very very sensistive. I easily feel what others express, and I feel emotion very strongly. It has a huge physical quality to it as well. I can be emotionally overwhelmed easily, and when that happens I have to focus all of my energy on containing this. This can lead to huge energy drains because of how much I demand of myself.

All in all, I embody the 8th house, because it a huge part of whom I am. It's where I live, and where you have to go to find the true "me".

Attachments

• hrejlaghjladf.jpg
    hrejlaghjladf.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 94

singh888

I have exactly same positions. Mer jup sun Venus all in 8th house. And it's like each word you wrote explains me. That's cool. And sometimes when I do drugs I feel I have access to other dimensions and beings. Does that happens to anyone else?

Last edited: