Which natal aspects point to eating disorders?

bluerosepetals

Hi! I'm interested to see other people's opinions on which natal aspects can point to an eating disorder in native's life. I've had one when I was younger, but I still have issues with control and power in my life (mostly in relationships with other people - but then again my Pluto tightly conjuncts my Descendant). However, I'm interested to see what you think can show issues with food and control in the natal chart.

love-thinking

Hi! I'm interested to see other people's opinions on which natal aspects can point to an eating disorder in native's life. I've had one when I was younger, but I still have issues with control and power in my life (mostly in relationships with other people - but then again my Pluto tightly conjuncts my Descendant). However, I'm interested to see what you think can show issues with food and control in the natal chart.

Bulimia(I'm not sure about other eating disorders) is a moon-pluto particularly also connected to taurus/2ndhouse thing. I have moon in the 8th house in taurus opposite pluto.

I always had weight issues. I was a fat kid and got bullied for it. At age 11, I lost weight and gained it back, and then again at age 18, I lost 45 lbs. I did this through exercising 2 hours per day and having one meal, diet pills, and dieuretics. Even when I was at a healthy weight, I also had a boyfriend who liked thinner women and I caught on to that which made my disordered eating worse.

It had gone to the point where people said I looked sick but I took that as a compliment.

I've gained 10 lbs since and people comment on how I look healthy and beautiful and in my skewed perception, that's an insult. My friend would call me cuddly and feel my arms(I have bigger arms) I take that as an insult and sometimes wonder how she even forgot I had an eating disorder 2 years go.

I think the reason why this sort of combination leads to an eating disorder is the fact that taurus is about food, self esteem, moon is about nourishment, and pluto is about chaos and transformation. 2nd house is where my pluto is(placedeus), probably also has something to do with it.

For Aneroxia, you need to look for Saturn on the ascendent, as well as aflictions to moon, venus. Saturn tends to be very thin (no matter how less I ate the lowest BMI I've ever been was 19.0). So someone with a Saturn on the asc with a Moon-Pluto hard aspect is what I'd look for.

bluerosepetals

Omg, you are totally on point. I do have a Moon/Pluto hard aspect (opposition), and also Saturn conjunct Sun, and I had restrictive Anorexia. Not exactly Ascendant, but it is an important placement...

I also hope you will get better... I know it can get awfully hard with other people commenting on your appearance, it would actually help if you would tell them to just stop with that and focus on something else. And try your best not to ask them (I know it's terribly hard when we get insecure). People can sometimes forget, or they think you're "all better" now. Unfortunately, sometimes they can think it's not such a big deal, but it is. I was also the kid who got bullied (although for other reasons), so I feel you there. Eating disorders are so hard, but it's worthy to try to get better. I'm really rooting for you. I also hope you're getting some help, it can be tough without it, and if you're not, please feel free to reach out. I really wish you all the best.

As for astrology, I heard about Moon in Taurus being connected to Bulimia when badly aspected by Pluto. I'm just wondering which signs are more common in Anorexia. I have a Gemini Moon and a lot of airy signs in my natal chart, I suppose they are not really known for a big appetite (especially Gemini). I would also expect a lot of Virgo or Capricorn.

MoonlightSonata

I would think the sun (ego) in aspect to the moon (emotions) or the moon in Cancer (stomach) in the 8th (obsessions) or 12th (seclusion) house.