D9 (9th Harmonic) to Natal (small research) - Soulmates

ardentika

I stumbled upon Lada Duncheva's video in which she spoke about bringing the vedic method of D9 into Western, she claims it gives even better results when using tropical signs.

The theory is that our soul growth is contained in the 9th hence why the marriage partner sits in that house. She claims that people who have connections from D9 to Natal are drawn to each other. Preferably mutual of course, otherwise it leads to one sided love. The idea is that our soul wants to adopt the D9 chart and learn the lessons hence why we are drawn to people whose natal chart fits our D9. Because they carry the qualities that we want to develop.

She mentioned only 3 things to look for. Asc/Dsc axis, Node axis and the moon. I would throw in also MC/IC axis. Here is what I found.

First charts are of people I know who have mediocre synastry but here is what the D9 shows. I will look only for hard aspects

Her D9 to his Natal:

Moon conjunct Jupiter (orb 8)
North Node conjunct Moon (orb 3)
Descendant conjunct Moon (orb 5)
Asc/Desc square Mars - (orb 3)
MC conjunct IC (orb 1 ) double whammy

His D9 to her Natal:

Moon conjunct IC (orb 3)
Moon square Mars (orb 2)
Asc conjunct 11th cusp (orb 1) - I wasnt going to include it but then I saw the orb is tight and I figured it might be meaningful. 11th is the house of dreams and wishes so that somewhat ties in with soulmates.
NN square Moon (1 orb)
MC conjunct IC (orb 1) double whammy

Beyonce and Jay Z.

Her D9 to his Natal:
Moon square Moon,Uranus (orb 3,0)
Desc conjunct Moon,Uranus (orb 1,2)
Asc conjunct Chiron (orb 4)
NN conjunct Moon,Uranus (orb 2,1)

Jay Z D9 to her Natal:

Moon conjunct Moon (orb 4)
Moon opp. Chiron (orb 6)
Desc conjunct Neptune (orb 0)
IC conjunct Sun (orb 4)

Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher.

Her D9 to his Natal.

Moon conjunct 5th cusp (orb 1) - the 5th/11th axis comes up again
Asc conjunct Asc (exact) - now thats remarkable
NN conjunct Chiron (orb 1)
IC conjunct Chiron

His D9 to her Natal

Moon,MC conjunct IC (orb 3,5)
NN conjunct Jupiter (exact)

And astrology's most favorite couple Joanne Wood and Paul Newman .

His D9 to her Natal:

Moon conjunct DC (orb 3)
Moon opp Saturn (orb 5)
Asc conjunct IC (orb 2)
Asc square Moon (orb 3)
NN square NN (orb 1)
IC conjunct Venus (orb 2)

Her D9 to his Natal

Moon conjunct IC (orb 5)
Moon opp Saturn (exact) double whammy
Moon square NN (exact)
Moon square sun (orb 7)
Asc square Asc (orb 3)
Asc conjunct Chiron (orb 3)
NN conjunct Sun (orb 3)
NN opp NN (orb 4)
NN square IC (orb 1)

Tryalchemy

My ex and I have some very Karmic aspects in the comparisons. I don't remember exactly what they were, I have the charts but I had to do them by hand. My other ex and I have his Sun conjunct my Moon, which doesn't surprise me since I knew him when I first met him, presumably from many lifetimes before. Unfortunately I no longer speak to either of them. Perhaps our karma is finished. I don't think so though, it will probably just continue in the next life. It still bothers me greatly, losing them.

Tryalchemy

Yes.

I also did the D9 to D9 and his Venus and Saturn were exactly conjunct my DC in the 7th with Mars. In our normal synastry his Mars is conjunct my DC, in the 7th, along with Mercury, Venus, Neptune and Uranus.

My Leo ex and I, with the D9 to natal have that sun/moon conjunction. In the normal synastry his Saturn is exactly conjunct my DC in the 7th along with Mars. I'm like attracted to people who have Malefics in my 7th, it's ridiculous.

I choose this subconsciously in people, these Saturnian men. My 7th house is Capricorn and I can't even begin to explain how obsessively I pursue men with STRONG Saturn. Saturn is their strongest planet, always.

There is a new one who has almost the EXACT same chart as my last 2 relationships I described, with the exception of the new one being Aquarius. The other two were Leo and Capricorn. They ALL have stelliums in the 3rd house in Capricorn, all Scorpio Ascendants at 2,3 and 6 degrees. The new one has Saturn and Venus both conjunct my DC exact....surprise, surprise lol.

I'll do our D9 to natal this weekend and let you know what I find. I've been wanting to do it but i'm trying not to be so obsessive haha.

Ps. I believe that both my ex's have been my soulmate in a previous life but not this one, we just have hella karma that we still have to work out. That's just my opinion though.

ardentika

Most of the aspects that stood out was Moon contacts . I haven't tried D9 to D9.
Also nodes seem to be significant. So perhaps if there isn't connection to those, preferably double whammy, can't expect much,idk. I tend to not out much weight on astrology and let things play out.

But it's true that most lasting connections have strong NN aspects, Moon aspects and angles to angles or planets. I'd say even angles to angles, since that seems stronger than angles to planets.

Tryalchemy

I should have been working on music but I did the D9 for the new guy instead lol, here is what I found.

HIS d9 to MY natal

VENUS conjunct AC
AC conjunct AC
CHIRON conjunct Moon
CHIRON conjunct Mars
VERTEX conjunct Vertex

MY d9 to HIS natal

SUN conjunct Vertex
URANUS conjunct AC
NEPTUNE conjunct N. Node
NEPTUNE conjunct My name asteroid
DC conjunct His name asteroid

So i'm hoping this means that forces bigger then us will bring us together!

Tryalchemy

Also forgot to mention, even when there are heavy karmic aspects in the d9 charts, it takes both people being able to be at least somewhat spiritually open to work any of it out. Like my ex for example was an atheist and he doesn't believe in karma or anything of the sort. We didn't resolve anything in this lifetime. I finally had to just let him go, I tried for 3 years to get through to him and he is a brick wall so there was nothing left for me to do.

I always look at charts hoping to predict something, but I never seem to get it right, whatever I think I see in the charts, so I think I am a bit too idealistic then I originally thought. I would like to think the d9 do show karma and spiritual connections but, perhaps they show something entirely different.

Most people do look at both the d9 to natal and d9 to d9.

OH! I almost forgot. Natal midpoints are usually activated by the d9 chart, in your own chart and also with other people who are important in your life. Transiting planets can also activate the d9 chart, this happened for me with my last ex, the capricorn.

Last edited:

ardentika

Can you please include orbs? Usually it doesn't mean that haha. There is no bigger force to bring you but free will soooo try not to bet on it too much haha.

I don't think any chart can promise and predict anything , sorry haha. It just doesn't work like that.

Tryalchemy

For midpoints I only use 1 degree. Anything else I use 3 degree or less.

I'm trying to break through the ceilings with my ulterior motives that come laced with the highest highs, I disguise it as trying to get ahead in life professionally but the goal is anything but. I think my neptune gets stronger everyday, cause I live in fantasy haha.

ardentika

For midpoints I only use 1 degree. Anything else I use 3 degree or less.

I'm trying to break through the ceilings with my ulterior motives that come laced with the highest highs, I disguise it as trying to get ahead in life professionally but the goal is anything but. I think my neptune gets stronger everyday, cause I live in fantasy haha.
Ah okay that's a pretty thight orb.
You made me check an ex with whom I felt really deep and fated love but it didn't work out haha. Let's see.

My D9 to his natal.
Venus conjunct Moon orb 4
Moon conjunct Dcs orb 4
Mars conjunct Sun,Mars,Venus orb2
Chiron square moon orb 0

His D9 to my natal.
Moon opp moon (orb of 6 which idk if it's too wide since it's moon ?)
Moon square Venus orb 3
Moon square NN orb 1
Venus opp Venus/NN orb 1,3

Now D9 to D9.
My Mercury conjunct his Moon orb 2 - Mercury is the ruler of his natal Asc, and the ruler of my natal Dsc.

My Jupiter conjunct his NN orb 4

My moon opp his Chiron orb 1

Venus oops Venus orb 4

His sun square my Saturn orb 0

Pretty much that's it. I don't know if the orbs aren't too wide tho.
They say this chart comes into play after 36, but I don't resonate much with that. I've mostly seen vedic methods ,not much Western methods for the D9.

And don't worry about the fantasy world haha, I used to be the same cos Pisces rising , but time and exp teaches grounding haha.

Tryalchemy

Looks like you guys had a lot of emotional bonds, by all the moon. Probably some were subconscious. Were you the one always trying to work on things and move the relationship forward while he just kind of sat there? Just curious?

That's like, a lot of moon. I find it funny that my own strongest planets, Mars, Moon, and Pluto, are rarely ever present in synastry for the most part.

There are mixed meanings behind the d9 chart. There's this really good astrologer who doesn't practice anymore, and she specifically told me that you should enter in number "7" to get the correct d9 chart on astro.com. I don't know why, but apparently the numbering is different in different systems. But also other astrologers say to look at the 7 and the 9 harmonic. Some say 9 is the soul and 7 the relationship, others say 7 is creative potential and 9 is the relationship. I think you have to look for yourself and decide which seems more correct in your situation.

It's weird because I have nothing in Pisces and my neptune is the weakest planet, yet I think because it aspects my moon and mars and some midpoints, it makes me very much Neptunian in a way. Like, drugs, living in fantasy, the art and music, etc;

ardentika

Looks like you guys had a lot of emotional bonds, by all the moon. Probably some were subconscious. Were you the one always trying to work on things and move the relationship forward while he just kind of sat there? Just curious?

That's like, a lot of moon. I find it funny that my own strongest planets, Mars, Moon, and Pluto, are rarely ever present in synastry for the most part.

There are mixed meanings behind the d9 chart. There's this really good astrologer who doesn't practice anymore, and she specifically told me that you should enter in number "7" to get the correct d9 chart on astro.com. I don't know why, but apparently the numbering is different in different systems. But also other astrologers say to look at the 7 and the 9 harmonic. Some say 9 is the soul and 7 the relationship, others say 7 is creative potential and 9 is the relationship. I think you have to look for yourself and decide which seems more correct in your situation.

It's weird because I have nothing in Pisces and my neptune is the weakest planet, yet I think because it aspects my moon and mars and some midpoints, it makes me very much Neptunian in a way. Like, drugs, living in fantasy, the art and music, etc;

Indeed it was veeeeeryy emotional and yes there was a point where I was the only one trying to make it work and he was resistant to it. He ended up going back to his ex and gave up. We remained friends still for some reason haha. So he wasn't exactly just sitting there, he was running actively away hahaha

Also I've checked d 9 works as it should in astro.com, so no idea what this astrologer meant. I think D9 shows the ideal potential of the relationship, given the fact both people are ready and willing to make it work. Not sure what the D7 shows.

And usually despite your dominant planets, for lasting connections mostly it seems Chiron and Moon are at play, also axis only if the birthtime is correct.

ardentika

I decided to check D7 to natal and D9 to natal with a friend of mine who has been with her BF for 10 years.

Her D7 to his natal:

Moon conjunct Mars (orb 3)
Sun opposite Mercury (0 orb)
Sun square MC/IC (orb 3)
Venus square mars (orb 3)
Venus opposite Saturn (orb 2)
Chiron conjunct Chiron (orb 2)
AC conjunct NN (orb 5)

His D7 to her natal
Sun conjunct NN (orb 1)

Thats the only aspect he has. Interesting. So far the North Node proves to be super important even in divisional charts.

Lets see now. His D9 to her natal

Venus conjunct DC (out of sign, orb 5)
Sun conjunct DC (exact)
Moon conjunct Sun (orb 8, I know its wide but seems significant even so)

Her D9 to his natal:
Venus conjunct Saturn (orb 2)
NN conjunct SN (orb 5)
MC conjunct SN (orb 3)
Sun square Saturn (orb 2)
Sun conjunct Mars (out of sign, orb 2)
Mars conjunct Moon (orb 3)

It's interesting to see she has a lot more aspect to his chart than his chart to hers. She is usually the one who more "unhappy" with the relationship. Venus/Saturn aspects, he is a few years older than her. They have been quite on and off for most of the time since she was sort of trying to escape the committment but eventually calmed down.

ardentika

Decided to throw in Sun/Moon midpoint since it always seems important, just to see whats up. There were only contacts from his divisional charts to her Sun/Moon.

D9:
Jupiter conjunct So/Mo (orb 1)
D7:
Moon conjunct So/Mo (orb 2)
Neptune square So/Mo (orb 0)

I included this outer planet because of the exact degree and the fact that both have heavy neptune in their natals and in the composite.

Tryalchemy

Based on their charts, it looks like the d9 shows why they are together and remain connected, where as the d7 shows the underlying issues and problems that manifest in the relationship. What do you think?

Chiron man, that MAGI astrology really does seem to play out. I feel like it's the death of me but also the driving force, these Chiron connections. I get hit hard with it too because it's a big part of my musical ability I think. So anyone i connect with deeply, I always have major Chiron aspects with, which isn't surprising, since I rarely can form lasting connections with a man who is not a musician like myself. I speak music, basically, so I feel like an alien when my romantic partner is not musically inclined or as moved by music as I am.

ardentika

Based on their charts, it looks like the d9 shows why they are together and remain connected, where as the d7 shows the underlying issues and problems that manifest in the relationship. What do you think?

Chiron man, that MAGI astrology really does seem to play out. I feel like it's the death of me but also the driving force, these Chiron connections. I get hit hard with it too because it's a big part of my musical ability I think. So anyone i connect with deeply, I always have major Chiron aspects with, which isn't surprising, since I rarely can form lasting connections with a man who is not a musician like myself. I speak music, basically, so I feel like an alien when my romantic partner is not musically inclined or as moved by music as I am.

That makes sense!

And that's funny cos what you wrote reminds me of my friend whom I used for the example. She is a musician herself and in her younger years she was on and off with her bf cos she was chasing musicians too thinking that's what she wanted or needed. She ended up with her bf who is far from musician.

Tryalchemy

It's interesting you know, cause some people have 0 musical ability, but they are moved on a deeper level just listening to music. My best friend is a Taurus with 8th house stellium, so I guess it's not too surprising- she is like this. I tried to teach her guitar years ago but she just didn't get it. And let's not even speak about her singing lol. But she has always been touched on a super intense level just listening to music, probably as much as myself. It's always kind of baffled me.

I wonder if your friend might have that same connection with her boyfriend?

Man, i've dated all sorts of men in the past, and i've always had the worst relationships with the ones who are just not into music. It's almost like we have no mutual understanding of each other and our personalities clash. I even dated a Pisces once, who pretended to be into music, but I knew he wasn't and saw through it 100%. I hate that I have to have that connection because most musicians are not the most lovely, secure, and healthy individuals to have relationships with, if you know what I mean. Then you've got two people together that are pretty much insane, unstable, addicted personalities, and of course you end up with some disaster one way or another haha.

Tryalchemy

I don't resonate at all with my d9. It's not me relationship-wise.
d5 shows creative ability and this chart is very much me!
d7 also shows creative abilities and I suppose how you bring them to life. This chart is also pretty representative of me.

I'm thinking maybe I should do the synastry of these 2 instead, since I don't feel the d9 really relates to me?

Attachments

• 5thhar.jpg
    5thhar.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 26
  • 7thhar.jpg
    7thhar.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 9thhar.jpg
    9thhar.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 27

ardentika

I don't resonate at all with my d9. It's not me relationship-wise.
d5 shows creative ability and this chart is very much me!
d7 also shows creative abilities and I suppose how you bring them to life. This chart is also pretty representative of me.

I'm thinking maybe I should do the synastry of these 2 instead, since I don't feel the d9 really relates to me?

You wouldnt resonate with your d9 before you are at least 30, more so after it. Or it will be activated after marriage, so it's quite normal you wouldn't resonate with it.

And my friend has an odd relationship with her bf. He is the complete opposite of her. Very grounded and cool, while she is a bit emotionally unstable like all artists haha.