My natal chart suggests I’ll be unlucky in love - it’s really getting me down

Hi, I am completely new to astrology, and by chance I came across my natal chart online. I have interpreted that I am going to be unlucky in love throughout my life and the thought of that has really been unsettling for me recently. I don’T know if astrology is a away of predicting the future, that’s not something im overly concerned about. But I feel like I’ve lost hope and being happy with someone just isn’t in the plan for me..

MDH

The effects of astrology, I believe, are 100% real.

The interpretations of what astrological aspects actually mean and what bearing it is they actually have on you are extremely variable from person to person.

What "luck" have you had so far?

I’ve had one long term relationship and I’d say it was fairly toxic, I finished it. I’ve been single for a while now and nothing seems to be “right”.

I think my expectations are probably to high, so potentially looking for something that’s few and far between. I don’t want to let an opportunity to be happy pass me by, equally I don’t want to settle.

I was in a long term relationship, which did have good parts, but ultimately was fairly toxic and we just grew apart, I ended it.

Since then nothing that’s felt “right” has come along. I’d say my expectations are quite high, and that probably means I’ve limited my self. I don’t what the opportunity of being happy pass me by, but I also don’t want to settle for the sake of it!

ElenaJ

Thank you, this makes it a lot clearer.
Your south node is what is called your "safe place", it is the area in life that you resolved in your past lives, and it falls on your descendent, so relationships with others are something you crave psychologically to fill yourself and bolster yourself. And you have mars there, so you like a partner who is active, someone for example who is an aires or scorpio or who has these signs on their descendent, or who has moon in those signs, or with mars aspecting their personal planets, or any combination that will give them the qualities of mars that you want in the relationship.
Your moon in taurus is very stable, you emotionally hold on, you want firm ground under you. This moon is square Saturn in Aquarius, who wants something new and unique, throw caution to the winds and lets explore! So you have this internal conflict to handle within yourself, and you need to do this in order to be able to relate to another person in an intimate way.
Venus is in lovely libra, graceful and soothing and wanting to please her partner and be with someone. And it is square Uranus of freedom and novelty and Neptune of illusion and deception. So, this again needs to be worked on.
The moon is trine the Neptune/uranus conjunction so emotionally you can and will get there if you work on it.
Your sun in virgo tends to be very critical of yourself and others, and with Jupiter there, you have to be careful you aren't arrogant about it, but be generous to others who you feel are not as perfect as you. Mercury in virgo reinforces this energy. Work hard, apply yourself to the details, nourish yourself and your partner. And you can do this, because the virgo planets are in easy sextile with pluto that helps you transform.
Mercury conjunct Jupiter will help you see things positively.
These planets are square your ascendent, which is how you present yourself to the world, so you tend to give mixed signals, you inside are one way but you act outwardly in another way.
Neptune is also on your ascendent so you are hard to read.
You can't really blame a partner if they have difficulty reading you, so try to let your good virgo qualities come out as well.
Uranus on the ascendent makes you unique. Between this and your sagittarius you are probably a delightful person to be around.
At the moment, transiting pluto and saturn are passing through your first house, helping you
to change to become a better person, if you pick up the signals, and also pushing you to be more solid. These are also squaring your Venus, so spurring you on to resolve the conflicts you have in expressing your love nature.
Keep in mind that most successful people have absolutely dreadful charts. It's the conflicts that spur us on that help us to succeed in our goals. It's the inner tornado that we work towards calming to be in peace, and in doing so we become stronger and more able to face life. And it is very rewarding at the end. It may not seem so at the moment, but you are quite young and just at the beginning of the path.
So basically, enjoy what you are doing, prepare yourself well for the future and you will find that love hits you in the eye like a big pizza pie, just like Dean Martin sang! Good luck!

Thank you, this makes it a lot clearer.
Your south node is what is called your "safe place", it is the area in life that you resolved in your past lives, and it falls on your descendent, so relationships with others are something you crave psychologically to fill yourself and bolster yourself. And you have mars there, so you like a partner who is active, someone for example who is an aires or scorpio or who has these signs on their descendent, or who has moon in those signs, or with mars aspecting their personal planets, or any combination that will give them the qualities of mars that you want in the relationship.
Your moon in taurus is very stable, you emotionally hold on, you want firm ground under you. This moon is square Saturn in Aquarius, who wants something new and unique, throw caution to the winds and lets explore! So you have this internal conflict to handle within yourself, and you need to do this in order to be able to relate to another person in an intimate way.
Venus is in lovely libra, graceful and soothing and wanting to please her partner and be with someone. And it is square Uranus of freedom and novelty and Neptune of illusion and deception. So, this again needs to be worked on.
The moon is trine the Neptune/uranus conjunction so emotionally you can and will get there if you work on it.
Your sun in virgo tends to be very critical of yourself and others, and with Jupiter there, you have to be careful you aren't arrogant about it, but be generous to others who you feel are not as perfect as you. Mercury in virgo reinforces this energy. Work hard, apply yourself to the details, nourish yourself and your partner. And you can do this, because the virgo planets are in easy sextile with pluto that helps you transform.
Mercury conjunct Jupiter will help you see things positively.
These planets are square your ascendent, which is how you present yourself to the world, so you tend to give mixed signals, you inside are one way but you act outwardly in another way.
Neptune is also on your ascendent so you are hard to read.
You can't really blame a partner if they have difficulty reading you, so try to let your good virgo qualities come out as well.
Uranus on the ascendent makes you unique. Between this and your sagittarius you are probably a delightful person to be around.
At the moment, transiting pluto and saturn are passing through your first house, helping you
to change to become a better person, if you pick up the signals, and also pushing you to be more solid. These are also squaring your Venus, so spurring you on to resolve the conflicts you have in expressing your love nature.
Keep in mind that most successful people have absolutely dreadful charts. It's the conflicts that spur us on that help us to succeed in our goals. It's the inner tornado that we work towards calming to be in peace, and in doing so we become stronger and more able to face life. And it is very rewarding at the end. It may not seem so at the moment, but you are quite young and just at the beginning of the path.
So basically, enjoy what you are doing, prepare yourself well for the future and you will find that love hits you in the eye like a big pizza pie, just like Dean Martin sang! Good luck!

Thank you very much for you’re detailed response! C

waybread

Chloe, ElenaJ has given you a good reading.

There are very few nicey-nice vanilla charts out there. Someone who's love life looks brilliant might have problems managing money or keeping friends, for example.

Most charts have areas of life that look good, and areas marked "needs improvement." But then the real task of chart-reading is to look into the how and why.

Love shows up in a few different places in the heart. Your ability to give and receive love are indicated by Venus (affection) and the moon (emotional nature.) With your Venus extra-strong in its own sign of couples-oriented Libra and your moon exalted in loyal Taurus, you have the powerful ability to give and receive love. (Including with home and family, with your moon in the 5th house.)

We look to the sign on the cusp of your 7th house (of marriage & other committed relationships) to see what kind of love-interest you're attracted to. With Gemini on the cusp, Mercury rules your 7th house. You probably want someone who is knowledgeable and a good conversationalist.

In a heterosexual woman's chart, Mars is another indicator of the man she finds attractive. With Mars in the 7th house, it seems that marriage or a permanent living-together arrangement is extremely important to you. However, Mr. Mars may become moody (the moon rules Cancer) to the point of being combative (Mars) so just guard against your accommodating Venus in Libra nature putting up with inconsiderate behaviour. This is especially a tendency with Saturn squaring your moon-- you may subconsciously feel that it is your job to be the adaptive one in a relationship.

But each planet, sign, and house has multiple interpretations that are consistent with their core meanings. Some fun ones to think about:

Ideally you find someone who loves water sports (like sailing, Cancer is a water sign) or gourmet cooking (Cancer rules the stomach.) With Mercury conjunct Jupiter, you might enjoy sharing great philosophical ideas.

With your 8th house planets, you are probably a very private person, so hopefully you are getting out in circulation and meeting people.

Then True Love really goes by comparing and combing the two people's charts. Once you've found a Person of Interest you can check to see how compatible you are as a duo.

BTW, the Placidus house system used in your posted chart can be really skewed at high latitudes, like Scotland. I'd be tempted to look at your chart in whole signs houses. This would move Mars from the 7th to the 8th house, and other planets, besides. You might compare your Placidus chart with your whole signs chart, and see which one best describes you.

If you can't do this with your current chart website, you can use the free charts pages at Astrodienst, www.astro.com .

Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
Hi, I am completely new to astrology, and by chance I came across my natal chart online. I have interpreted that I am going to be unlucky in love throughout my life and the thought of that has really been unsettling for me recently. I don’T know if astrology is a away of predicting the future, that’s not something im overly concerned about. But I feel like I’ve lost hope and being happy with someone just isn’t in the plan for me..

Hello Chloe,

pls. consider that you as a newbe to astrology - not knowing yet the basics should never take such a judgment- and decision for your whole life. I don't know from what exactly you conclusion was made - you unfortunately didn't mention it.

Your relationship/7th house is ruled by mercury and longlasting ones and marriage /8th house are under ruler sun. Mercury as ruler of 7th conjuncts your jupiter as your rising ruler- who is known for luck and not at all for misfortune for a whole life being in marriage and reliable, truthfull marriage house 8.

What your south-moon-node in 7th house conjuncting your mars would tell me - is- don't do again what you did in past life- and with conjunct mars- don't try "to get the trousers on" in relationships- taking the male role and be the most active one,doing all for a partner and not leaving him space for his own actions.

Your venus as ruler of 4th- your female model role and emotional self-identification is semisextiled by your natal pluto in 10th house and pluto sextiles your sun as ruler of longlasting relationships, for what reason you like to try to have the control over all. Venus squares your neptune in 1st house- just leave some space to your partner, using your empathic intuition and take the female role, this would avoid to get injured- with venus sextiling your leo-chiron cusp 8th and can be your own "treasure" to discover and your healing potential.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for you response. I have looked at the whole sign chart and I can definitely see more aspects that I can relate to. I suppose my concern is Mars in my 8th house, truth be told I don’t really know what that means. I will try and copy the other chart below. Thanks again.

Hello Chloe,

pls. consider that you as a newbe to astrology - not knowing yet the basics should never take such a judgment- and decision for your whole life. I don't know from what exactly you conclusion was made - you unfortunately didn't mention it.

Your relationship/7th house is ruled by mercury and longlasting ones and marriage /8th house are under ruler sun. Mercury as ruler of 7th conjuncts your jupiter as your rising ruler- who is known for luck and not at all for misfortune for a whole life being in marriage and reliable, truthfull marriage house 8.

What your south-moon-node in 7th house conjuncting your mars would tell me - is- don't do again what you did in past life- and with conjunct mars- don't try "to get the trousers on" in relationships- taking the male role and be the most active one,doing all for a partner and not leaving him space for his own actions.

Your venus as ruler of 4th- your female model role and emotional self-identification is semisextiled by your natal pluto in 10th house and pluto sextiles your sun as ruler of longlasting relationships, for what reason you like to try to have the control over all. Venus squares your neptune in 1st house- just leave some space to your partner, using your empathic intuition and take the female role, this would avoid to get injured- with venus sextiling your leo-chiron cusp 8th and can be your own "treasure" to discover and your healing potential.

Thanks. I think that’s my issue, it is tent to worry about things. I feel quite overwhelmed by my chart because I can’t see past the negative aspects. I have recently looked at my whole sign chart, which has moved a couple of my signs, but I honestly can’t figure out if that’s better or worse. You are entirely right though, I know very little about astrology to make such a judgement. But everything I read on the internet just seems so negative about my particular signs.

Thanks again

C