Illness in the natal chart?

Iced8Ace

Hey everyone,

I'd appreciate a traditional astrological perspective or anyone who knows medical astrology.

I've been dealing with an undiagnosed illness for nearly 2 years. It was in summer of 2017 that I started experiencing a severe headache, troubles with speech, and confusion. In a few months, it progressively got worse, with my headaches becoming the worst I'd ever experienced, on top of severe mental and physical fatigue, being unable to eat and get out of bed. I was unable to speak so I couldn't explain myself. I also have a history of depression and anxiety.

I was admitted to the hospital. They've done MRI's, CT's of my brain over the years. They found nothing wrong, thankfully. Most of my symptoms cleared up around January of 2018 but then I started to lose my sense of taste and touch. I've lost both since then, and the doctors are puzzled, to say the least.

I was healthy for mostly all my life, aside from depression and anxiety, which I struggled with in my teens and still do. I also have a mechanical problem with my right shoulder that popped up when I was 21 that still bothers me.

Looking at my natal chart, Mercury and the Moon (the body) are both conjunct Saturn and harmed by it. Saturn is ruler of the 5th and 6th, angular in the 7th indicating the spouse would be ill and myself as well. Looking at the Solar Return for the year I fell ill, Moon is lady of the year and is combust in the 4th house, indicating bodily harm. Saturn is in the SR ascendant.

I also noticed the firdaria was Mercury-Saturn for the year I got sick, again emphasis on illness. I can see the indicators, but I don't know what the illness is.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Attachments

• Izzy.jpg
    Izzy.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 53
  • SR 2017.jpg
    SR 2017.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 32

xyclomatic

It could be Uranus in the 6th house... unexpected occurrences health-wise? I mean, it's technically in the 5th, but borderline close to the 6th house that Uranus can have influence to it as well. If it already isn't complex, Uranus conjunct Neptune can make the illness mysterious and hard to pinpoint.

That's my 2 cents. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will look deeper into this!

Zora

Account Closed
I've been dealing with an undiagnosed illness for nearly 2 years. It was in summer of 2017 that I started experiencing a severe headache, troubles with speech, and confusion. In a few months, it progressively got worse, with my headaches becoming the worst I'd ever experienced, on top of severe mental and physical fatigue, being unable to eat and get out of bed. I was unable to speak so I couldn't explain myself. I also have a history of depression and anxiety.

Hello Iced8Ace,

for illness and any other matters houses, rulers and housesystem used for a chart are important - especially during transits activating relevant planets involved.

The chart you got in here was done with a houses system called "webstyle Acabitus" - a not very common house system, showing different rulers of houses - what would cause perhaps not usefull replies for you. Especially what concerns physical body house 2nd and its ruler and 3rd house, as well as genetic inheritance and psychological issues house 8th- who are different with placidus house system and would be different and of different information (but more matching to me from all what you told here).

Could you perhaps get a chart with common placidus houses here in ?

With placidus your 2nd house is under ruler mercury, 3rd- house - muscoscelton system and mental mind under venus. 8th house, genetic inheritance, psyche and subconsciously stored memory from issues are ruled by neptune.

In 2017 when it started as you wrote, transing uranus as your healthhouse ruler started his transit on your mercury as your ruler of AC and immune-system, who is exact opposed by your virgo chiron in 1st house, your personal injury but also your self-healing potential (virgo is physically also intestine-immunesystem what is sensitive with chiron in here). And same time also transited your neptune as ruler of your 8th house, genetic inheritance and illness predisposition.

And went afterwards further on -transiting your venus, pluto and uranus - being all on sensitive spiritual degree of zero - like "sleepers" who can be activated and revived if right (transit) time had come for a certain reason. Venus is main ruler of your 10th house (with placidus) and is in semisextile with your uranus as ruler of health and also of workhouse.

Mercury is your ruler of AC but also 2nd ruler of your 10th house- a second skill and talent for your lifepath.

Neptune is also ruler of your relationship 7th house and longlasting relationships 8th house. Were you in a (difficult) relationship that time, when all started ?

Feeling unable to do something and feel like paralyzed sounds typical like neptune- and repressed subconscious memory coming up in transit time for a healing- as neptune in your chart has pluto/neptune correspondence due to 8th house connection.

Last edited:

Iced8Ace

It could be Uranus in the 6th house... unexpected occurrences health-wise? I mean, it's technically in the 5th, but borderline close to the 6th house that Uranus can have influence to it as well. If it already isn't complex, Uranus conjunct Neptune can make the illness mysterious and hard to pinpoint.

That's my 2 cents. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will look deeper into this!

On my phone. I hope not! A lot of people in my generation would have problems if that were the case.

@Zora I appreciate you looking into this. I don't use Neptune, Uranus and Pluto as a traditional astrologer, nor do I think they're primarily responsible for my illness. How many people have Uranus and Neptune transits in the 6th or 5th and are perfectly healthy? I stopped using placidus--I think a horary inspired it. I'm sorry if I wasted your time, I am mostly looking for a person versed in medical astrology who leans more towards traditional astrology.

Sagittarius Jupiter

Virgo is bad for the health all-around

Then Mercury in Pisces is not exalted

Midheaven in Gemini, your Hands can be affected.

Jupiter in Sagittarius, your Stomach can be affected.

wan

I know you are looking for astrologically based answers but:

Have you considered the possibility of heavy metal poisoning? The symptoms you described seem to fit. Have you got a blood work done? Do people in your household eat the same food as you? Are they healthy?

Frisiangal

@Zora I appreciate you looking into this. I don't use Neptune, Uranus and Pluto as a traditional astrologer, nor do I think they're primarily responsible for my illness. How many people have Uranus and Neptune transits in the 6th or 5th and are perfectly healthy? I stopped using placidus--I think a horary inspired it. I'm sorry if I wasted your time, I am mostly looking for a person versed in medical astrology who leans more towards traditional astrology.

Hi,
Yet would you consider any views from the Modern astrology perspective of value, or sweep them under the carpet as irrelevant because they don't fit with one's personal ideas of what astro. symbolism can convey and how it works.:wink:

Upon reading your first post, the first thought that came to my mind was Uranus.
I looked at the chart provided, albeit through a system with which I'm not familiar.

Using mental arithmetic, 2017 would put your age between 21-22 years. 'Aha',the period when transiting Uranus is at its first square with natal position. It often coincides with the 'seeking independence' period.

The second thought was that Uranus was transiting Aries ( and not Pisces as mentioned by Zora) at the time.
The third thought was 'aha', Aries rules the head.
Uranus in combination with Mars/Aries has a reputation for 'bad headaches'; the 'splitting head' type that compares to migraines.
What can cause them?

Taking the age in years as progressed position of natal Sun IN ARIES, it had reached 28/29 degrees Aries.
Transiting Uranus had reached 28 degrees Aries by July 2017, then turned retrograde in August on the same degree until it reached 24 degrees before turning direct again in early 2108.
The combined transit Uranus conjunct sec. progr. Sun activated the natal Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn. Although this is considered a generational natal aspect, the Sun's activation can make it personal of nature. Sudden and unexpected 'affair of the (broken) heart' incident(s) that saw separation, breakups, and/or clashes?

With physical health complaints, traditional sign rulerships over the 6th house
show a tendency to be significant when the Moon's effect is strong.
Saturn is traditional ruler of the 6th house (even with earlier house cusps through another house system).
There is a Moon-Saturn conjunction, and Saturn also conjoins natal Mercury (thought, speech, communicative ability), ruler of Ascendant (physical constitution).
Virgo Asc. can look at life through a critical lens. Mercury of Virgo sees all those little things that interfere with life's perfection. In Pisces this physical realisation through proof can come up again the power of inner fantasy, whereby an individual can be deceived by its own 'misinterpretation' of events.

Natal Mars is in a 150 degree inconjunct tension aspect with natal Moon. By 2017/18 secondary progressed Mars had reached the inconjunction with natal Saturn, thus picking up and activating the natal Saturn-Mercury conjunction.

Moon rules 11th house, Mars rules 8th house.
If Saturn also rules 5th house, it could be a question of issues concerning the parent-child relationship, involving 8th and 11th houses, which natal Sun experienced difficulty in bringing about a change.
By coincidence sec. progressed Moon in Capricorn was in the 5th house at the time.

Secondary progressed Sun moves into Taurus, which has rulership over the 5 senses, touch, taste, sight, smell, hearing. Its first aspect is with the Venus square Pluto. A tragedy or trauma of some kind reaches a head (no pun intended)? S.p. Mercury had entered Taurus a few years previous, activating the same square.

Physical ailments do not arise overnight. They have an inner incubation period (Mars) that can take days to years to become outwardly apparent as a symptom of physical disorder. So what events happened before, through which a dis-order in life manifested as a physical symptom?

What is so questionable is that natal Sun and Mars make up a Fire grand trine with Jupiter, which could be considered a wonderful aspect regarding health. Lots of inner enthusiasm, joy, direction in, and for life ….. or does one depend upon another (celestial or otherwise) to deliver it?
Can a Jupiter square Saturn (bi-polar?, depression) in Water be of such influence and effect that it extinguishes that internal flame?

Many might say that Mars in Leo in 12th to Moon refers to difficulty in becoming self assertive; the other (Moon) authority (Saturn) is always stronger. Their word (Mercury in 7th?) is law (Saturn) ? To become more active and independent, utilising and directing Mars' energy is so important. Some kind of sport and/or structurised teaching in the defence arts could be very helpful. You may find that you come to your senses again:wink:, and all works as it should.

:smile:

[ My son-in-law and his mother both suffer(ed) from migraines. Difficult Venus = sweetness …. or its surrogate . S-I-L can't eat chocolate!]

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
moderated/updated for ready ref :

could check again for any new clues for medical investigations :

Debilated mer pisces emotional, intellectually confused, irrational;

pisces inimical-malefic for virgo asc,
stress-delays in marriage-vocation-business and health issues;

asc lord mer debilated over inimical pisces 7th,
moon-sat-mer-venus pisces, the stellium,
detached attitude towards marriage-relationships,
abdominal-skin-circulatory-feet-head-intestinal-neurological issues;

sat lord 6th for health-challenges over 7th
affecting marriage-health etc , observe fast sat evenings;
mars aspect pisces impacting 7th house matters and inflammations;

mars aspect acq 6th opp affecting intestinal-leg-sciatica inflammations,
and employment matters, and coping with opponents;

7th lord jup own sag 4th, debilation of mer cancelled,
gradual growth-improvements in marriage-vocation-business-health;

venus lord 9th elevated 6th, luck with extra efforts;
prone to kidney issues; venus zero deg and weak,
wear 0.25 carat diamond over platinum pendant touching heart;

mer elevated aspect virgo asc, overall protective of health/life;
mer 10th lord gemini over inimical pisces 7th, chest-lung issues;

inimical jup as 7th lord over own sag 4th,
mother-domestic comforts-property under stress-delay,
prone to heart-lung-thigh inflammations probably;
prayers to saint of faith, offer yellow flowers thurs mornings;
inimical jup now transit natal jup sag 4th,
good for advisory roles, but under stress;

mer debilated but debilation cancelled, gradual growth;
jup square aspec own pisces 7th, protective;
pisces inimical hence growth under stress-delay;
may wear green emerald over pendant touching heart;

rahu-NNode debilated scorpio 3rd, research-occult aptitudes,
not to indulge mucn into the occult;
mars aspect own scorpio, debilation cancelled,
gradual improvement in initiative-risk taking ability,
but not good for health of siblings;
prone to excessive risk taking;
arms-shoulders-ears-toxic urological issues;
wear brown emerald over pendant;

ketu separative SNode over taurus 9th for distant lands-travels;
love of food-comforts, creative-energetic-extra stubborn;
pain-injury-surgery throat-thyroid-teeth-thighs etc;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers at alter at home fri evenings;

Sat-ketu now 1.5yr transit cap 5th,
detachment from luck-edu-romance-children-position;
seeking change but stuck, negating employment prospects;
pain-injury-surgery heart-stomach-knees to care;

Sat significator and lord 6th for health issues
previous 2.5yrs transit inimical jup sag 4th,
impacting heart-lungs-legs-sciatica-liver etc;
sat these 4-5m retro towards jup sag 4th
impacting mother-property-health issues;

sun elevated impulsive aries 8th,
chronic head-heart-stomach-blood pressure issues,
able to cope with challenges; sun lord 12th over 6th,
success amidst adversity;

mars lord 6th over 12th, again success amidst adversity;
heart-stomach-feet-blood pressure issues;

do ack promptly and share how true-insightful-any new clue to discover?
hope this helps, wishing well, share feedbacks,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Iced8Ace

Virgo is bad for the health all-around

Then Mercury in Pisces is not exalted

Midheaven in Gemini, your Hands can be affected.

Jupiter in Sagittarius, your Stomach can be affected.

Hey Sag! I don't think Virgo's bad for health--that's a generalization. Mercury is in detriment and fall. Isn't Jupiter in Sag ruled by the thighs and knees?

I know you are looking for astrologically based answers but:

Have you considered the possibility of heavy metal poisoning? The symptoms you described seem to fit. Have you got a blood work done? Do people in your household eat the same food as you? Are they healthy?

Hey wan. I haven't. I've gotten blood work done, and no problems there. Yeah, they do, but I don't eat beef. For the most part they're healthy.

Hi,
Yet would you consider any views from the Modern astrology perspective of value, or sweep them under the carpet as irrelevant because they don't fit with one's personal ideas of what astro. symbolism can convey and how it works.:wink:

Of course! I think modern astrology can tell you things about your personality. I lean to trad for prediction. I'm all ears.

The combined transit Uranus conjunct sec. progr. Sun activated the natal Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn. Although this is considered a generational natal aspect, the Sun's activation can make it personal of nature. Sudden and unexpected 'affair of the (broken) heart' incident(s) that saw separation, breakups, and/or clashes?

I was 22 and looking to move, yeah. Thanks for looking into that. That's interesting, I haven't heard of transits to progressed planets. I experienced heartache in 2016, not in 2017.

In Pisces this physical realisation through proof can come up again the power of inner fantasy, whereby an individual can be deceived by its own 'misinterpretation' of events.

I'm the one who's misunderstood.

If Saturn also rules 5th house,

Saturn would rule the 5th.

Physical ailments do not arise overnight. They have an inner incubation period (Mars) that can take days to years to become outwardly apparent as a symptom of physical disorder. So what events happened before, through which a dis-order in life manifested as a physical symptom?

I've dealt with a lot. Hm, in my teens I got depressed to the point I didn't feel anything. I remember walking outside in the winter in a light top and not feeling cold.

Can a Jupiter square Saturn (bi-polar?, depression) in Water be of such influence and effect that it extinguishes that internal flame?

Nah, in trad, Jupiter receives Saturn so while the square is tough, it's doable.

Many might say that Mars in Leo in 12th to Moon refers to difficulty in becoming self assertive; the other (Moon) authority (Saturn) is always stronger. Their word (Mercury in 7th?) is law (Saturn) ? To become more active and independent, utilising and directing Mars' energy is so important. Some kind of sport and/or structurised teaching in the defence arts could be very helpful. You may find that you come to your senses again:wink:, and all works as it should.

I don't pick fights. A lot of things really don't matter, but you're right, I shouldn't be meek. I was thinking of boxing? Thanks.

[ My son-in-law and his mother both suffer(ed) from migraines. Difficult Venus = sweetness …. or its surrogate . S-I-L can't eat chocolate!]

Sorry to hear. Thank you for everything.

Iced8Ace

moderated/updated for ready ref :

could check again for any new clues for medical investigations :

Debilated mer pisces emotional, intellectually confused, irrational;

pisces inimical-malefic for virgo asc,
stress-delays in marriage-vocation-business and health issues;

Hey!! I remember that. Thank you for looking into it kshantaram--really appreciate that. I think you're right, no marriage prospects and career wise, I was and still am sort of confused about what to do. Business for 7th, right?

asc lord mer debilated over inimical pisces 7th,
moon-sat-mer-venus pisces, the stellium,
detached attitude towards marriage-relationships,
abdominal-skin-circulatory-feet-head-intestinal-neurological issues;

No, I can't say I'm detached. I attract detached people. Abdomen and skin are fine. Doc told me my blood circulations good. No more headaches. Intestines fine.

sat lord 6th for health-challenges over 7th
affecting marriage-health etc , observe fast sat evenings;
mars aspect pisces impacting 7th house matters and inflammations;

I've had abscesses before.

mars aspect acq 6th opp affecting intestinal-leg-sciatica inflammations, and employment matters, and coping with opponents;

No sciatica. No inflammation in the intestine. Abscess on leg ages ago.

venus lord 9th elevated 6th, luck with extra efforts;
prone to kidney issues; venus zero deg and weak,
wear 0.25 carat diamond over platinum pendant touching heart;

mer elevated aspect virgo asc, overall protective of health/life;
mer 10th lord gemini over inimical pisces 7th, chest-lung issues;

No kidney issues, no chest or lung problems. In trad, Venus is pretty strong.

inimical jup as 7th lord over own sag 4th,
mother-domestic comforts-property under stress-delay,
prone to heart-lung-thigh inflammations probably;
prayers to saint of faith, offer yellow flowers thurs mornings;
inimical jup now transit natal jup sag 4th,
good for advisory roles, but under stress;

Inflammation? For Mars in the 12th? I've never really had, save for abscesses if they count. Why's transit Jupiter inimical?

mer debilated but debilation cancelled, gradual growth;
jup square aspec own pisces 7th, protective;
pisces inimical hence growth under stress-delay;
may wear green emerald over pendant touching heart;

How come the sign of Pisces is inimical? Is it because it opposes the Asc? I think you're right about there being a delay. My love lifes non existent.

rahu-NNode debilated scorpio 3rd, research-occult aptitudes,
not to indulge mucn into the occult;
mars aspect own scorpio, debilation cancelled,
gradual improvement in initiative-risk taking ability,
but not good for health of siblings;
prone to excessive risk taking;
arms-shoulders-ears-toxic urological issues;
wear brown emerald over pendant;

I'm not into the occult. Mars isn't good for health of siblings? My older ones are fine. It's my younger one I'm concerned for. I'm kind of cautious, not a risk taker. My right shoulder has been messed up for years. I have tinnitus in my right ear. No toxic urological issues.

ketu separative SNode over taurus 9th for distant lands-travels;
love of food-comforts, creative-energetic-extra stubborn;
pain-injury-surgery throat-thyroid-teeth-thighs etc;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers at alter at home fri evenings;

I haven't traveled overseas. I don't really love food or comforts. I'm creative, can be energetic and I am stubborn. No surgery or pain on throat or thighs. I've had my wisdom teeth removed and that hurt somewhat.

Sat-ketu now 1.5yr transit cap 5th,
detachment from luck-edu-romance-children-position;
seeking change but stuck, negating employment prospects;
pain-injury-surgery heart-stomach-knees to care;

I've unfortunately been very detached from school. I have no children. I'm not detached from relationships, I may appear so, but it's more circumstantial. I have been trying to change and I am stuck. I haven't been negating employment prospects, but I should try to put my resume out there. No surgery on the heart, stomach and knees. I've felt pain in my heart and knees in the past but that's gone.

Sat significator and lord 6th for health issues
previous 2.5yrs transit inimical jup sag 4th,
impacting heart-lungs-legs-sciatica-liver etc;
sat these 4-5m retro towards jup sag 4th
impacting mother-property-health issues;

Heart, lung, legs, and liver are fine. No sciatica.

sun elevated impulsive aries 8th,
chronic head-heart-stomach-blood pressure issues,
able to cope with challenges; sun lord 12th over 6th,
success amidst adversity;

No chronic head, heart or stomach issues. I have low blood pressure.

mars lord 6th over 12th, again success amidst adversity;
heart-stomach-feet-blood pressure issues;

Heart, stomach, feet are alright.

do ack promptly and share how true-insightful-any new clue to discover?
hope this helps, wishing well, share feedbacks,

kshantaram

Sorry for replying late. Thanks for looking into this and all the best!

Last edited: