Sun on a Cusp - Which Sign is relevant

Maikel

Hello Forum-Members,

I hope that I am posting this in the right place, since I am new to this forum. Please tell me if I don't.

I can use some help in interpreting the natal chart of my girlfriend. She is born on September 23th in 1989. She always believed that she is born in virgo and always connected to the qualities of the sign. As I wanted to cast a chart I encountered that in that year and born in that place her Sun is in 00°06 Libra.

She is very intuitive and can't identify herself with Libra as her Sun-Sign. Could you please give me some advice on how to interpret the Sun on the cusp. Is it possible that I am missing something or one actually can interprete her Sun-Sign as Virgo?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• natal.png
    natal.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 47

katydid

Hello Forum-Members,

I hope that I am posting this in the right place, since I am new to this forum. Please tell me if I don't.

I can use some help in interpreting the natal chart of my girlfriend. She is born on September 23th in 1989. She always believed that she is born in virgo and always connected to the qualities of the sign. As I wanted to cast a chart I encountered that in that year and born in that place her Sun is in 00°06 Libra.

She is very intuitive and can't identify herself with Libra as her Sun-Sign. Could you please give me some advice on how to interpret the Sun on the cusp. Is it possible that I am missing something or one actually can interprete her Sun-Sign as Virgo?

Thanks for your help

She has Virgo rising so she may be identifying heavily with her Ascendant.

Having the sun @ 00-06. is very very early in Libra. All 9 months of gestation, as she was developing, she was in Virgo energy. Then suddenly, within minutes of her birth, it is Libra.

So she has elements of both signs. Virgo rising and Mercury, her chart ruler in Libra. So she does need to learn about and incorporate Libran energy. :innocent:

MissyXo

Hello Forum-Members,

Thanks for your help

Hmm the sun sign is what it is but it will take on the flavours of the house it's placed in and the aspects it makes. Here she has Virgo ascendant which will alone give her some Virgo qualities. She also has mercury in the first house, mercury rules Virgo so another projection of Virgo qualities, and it's conjunct her sun close enough for me to say that makes her Virgo qualities even stronger. Her north node is in the 6th house too which is a Virgo house. So even her life path is mercurial and requires her to direct her attention to things ruled by virgo.
These aspects cant change the sign of her sun and what her sun identifies as but they can definitely flavour her overall persona that way. She is very mercurial, but her ego still needs to be recognised as being Libran and possessing venusian qualities.

Maikel

Thank you for your replies and the effort you put in the analysis.

I already thought about the ascendant, but I missed Mercury in First House as ruler of virgo conjunct her Sun and I didn't connect the 5th house south node to that story. Thank you for that.

All 9 months of gestation, as she was developing, she was in Virgo energy. Then suddenly, within minutes of her birth, it is Libra.

I get the argument, that she experienced a long time in virgo before birth. But wasn't the sun only one month in virgo before birth?

These aspects cant change the sign of her sun and what her sun identifies as but they can definitely flavour her overall persona that way. She is very mercurial, but her ego still needs to be recognised as being Libran and possessing venusian qualities.

The interesting part is, that she not only identify more with virgo - she is offended by being considered as a libra. I showed her the thread and your replies and she almost fights against being a libra.

Her answer was: "Remember that I was a premature infant. I was two weeks early. I came early, because I don't want to be a libra that much!" In addition to that, she was a breech birth - so the birth process was induced long before recorded birth. 3 Hours earlier she would have been a virgo. Is it possible that the time starting birth process could be relevant?

Another thought: Is there something in the chart, which can symbolize her resistence against being a libra?

Thanks for your help

katydid

Thank you for your replies and the effort you put in the analysis.

I already thought about the ascendant, but I missed Mercury in First House as ruler of virgo conjunct her Sun and I didn't connect the 5th house south node to that story. Thank you for that.

I get the argument, that she experienced a long time in virgo before birth. But wasn't the sun only one month in virgo before birth?

The interesting part is, that she not only identify more with virgo - she is offended by being considered as a libra. I showed her the thread and your replies and she almost fights against being a libra.

Her answer was: "Remember that I was a premature infant. I was two weeks early. I came early, because I don't want to be a libra that much!" In addition to that, she was a breech birth - so the birth process was induced long before recorded birth. 3 Hours earlier she would have been a virgo. Is it possible that the time starting birth process could be relevant?

Another thought: Is there something in the chart, which can symbolize her resistence against being a libra?

Thanks for your help

I am drawn to this thread because I am also a cusp Sun. I was born on Oct 23rd, and I have the Sun @ 00SCO35.

I have always LOVED being A Scorpio and not a Libra. I have also, like your client, rebelled against being a Libra. lol

Oh, and you are so right about it only being one month, not 9 , of being a Virgo. DUH. :wink:

As for your question, what could it be that accounts for her resistance to being Libran----

Look at the huge red 90 degree triangle, which points right at her Libran planets.

That is a T-Square aiming at her Sun/Merc/Mars in Libra, from Moon/Jupiter/Chiron opposing Sat/Uranus/Neptune.

So it makes sense there is resistance considering all of that challenging, tension filled energy in the T-Square.

It is an Cardinal T-square in Angular houses and involves very powerful outer planets challenging that Libran energy.

And Venus is the ruler/lord/dispositor of that Libran apex. Venus is in Scorpio conjunct Pluto, and trining and sextupling that Cancer/Cap opposition. She is aligned with those that challenge the Libran apex.

So although her Sun is in Libra, the dominant forces in her chart overrule that airy, conciliatory energy, and desire a more Scorpionic, intense way of being. I can relate...:sideways:

MissyXo

Thanks for your help

Yes the nature of her t-square and the planets involved makes her pretty stubborn in general. I'm not shocked that she takes some sort of offence, mercury and mars square saturn/Neptune/uranus, this is someone who doesn't take criticisms lightly. She may also be prone to giving very harsh criticism to herself/others even if her criticisms are unfounded she might too often still stick with her firm belief's. The fact that this afflicted mercury is in the 1st, much of her criticism could be turned inwards unto herself and how she appears to the world. With this placement she'd do well to learn to have more acceptance of herself and Libran qualities as having duality in one's personality is certainly not a bad thing, quite the contrary. Her mercury in Libra gives her the ability to communicate in such a way gives people an impression that her words are fair, impartial and compromising. Her words will have a diplomatic and charming air to them although she may be very criticizing she could have the ability to make herself and others feel like her criticisms are fair and unbiased. This can also come back on her in the long run if her criticisms are not fairly placed. With these planets squaring Neptune it's important that she learns to accept what is factually true and accept that other people's truth may differ from hers sometimes, that does not make other people's conclusions false.

Last edited:

Maikel

Thank you for your replies. It needed some gestation time. Here is her own evaluation of her chart right now:

Indeed the T-Square was key. There is a conflict between her intense inner feelings (I mentioned how intuitive she is) - her self, her thinking and inner drive (Mars/Mercury/Sun) and the difficulties in her early childhood (I don't want to get into it - but Saturn in the 4th house is telling something).

The interesting thing is, that she needed the earthy virgo ascendant to "contain" her inner feelings and to control the effects of the mentioned T-Square. That's why she could'nt accept libra energies until there is another way to cope with the T-Square.

Thank you all for your help. :)

Last edited: