sign on two houses?

I am really confused, my tenth house is in Scorpio, but because it's intercepted it gets put as Libra..so, which sign do I use when applying my tenth house lord, which one is the correct sign to use? This is really confusing me :/ so would my tenth house ruler be mars/pluto or would it be venus? I have no idea which one I am supposed to go by. My MC is also in the 9th house, does this have any interpretations? thank you

greybeard

OK. Relax. Take a deep breath. Good.

Now let's see what we can do about this nasty old confusion.

Your chart is using one of the quadrant house systems (probably Placidus), and they create intercepted signs, which is what Scorpio (and Taurus) are in your chart. I use Placidus and have for over 45 years.

But if you want to avoid this confusion, switch over to "Whole Sign" houses. That way a sign and a house are identical. No confusion.

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Noturbbygirlx,

Everyone's chart has the MC on the cusp of the 10th house. It and the IC are the dividing line for the start of the tenth for the MC and the start of the fourth house is the IC Whatever sign the line is in is the sign of the MC for above the horizon and the IC is always exactly opposite it in everybody's chart. It is similar to the AC/DC line of the horizon, in that they are exactly opposite each other 180 degrees apart. Always. The north and South nodes also follow this rule. 180 degrees apart. Forever in opposition to each other in all charts.

So if your MC line is in Scorpio, your IC line is in Taurus.

greybeard

Hi Noturbbygirlx,

Everyone's chart has the MC on the cusp of the 10th house. It and the IC are the dividing line for the start of the tenth for the MC and the start of the fourth house is the IC Whatever sign the line is in is the sign of the MC for above the horizon and the IC is always exactly opposite it in everybody's chart. It is similar to the AC/DC line of the horizon, in that they are exactly opposite each other 180 degrees apart. Always. The north and South nodes also follow this rule. 180 degrees apart. Forever in opposition to each other in all charts.

So if your MC line is in Scorpio, your IC line is in Taurus.

Not all charts have MC on 10th cusp. In the whole sign system the MC is commonly found in 9th, 10th or 11th house.

JUPITERASC

I am really confused, my tenth house is in Scorpio,

but because it's intercepted it gets put as Libra..s
o, which sign do I use when applying my tenth house lord,

which one is the correct sign to use?

This is really confusing me :/

so would my tenth house ruler be mars/pluto or would it be venus?
I have no idea which one I am supposed to go by.

My MC is also in the 9th house, does this have any interpretations?

thank you
in order to obtain a clearer perspective :smile:
consider creating your chart using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
because Placidus is simply the default

ASTROSEEK offers WHOLE SIGN HOUSES calculation at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

The Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks
and the Hindus (who still use it today).
It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence
and immediately eliminates the awful mess astrologers have made

on the issue over the last 1300 years or so
Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuriesAD were construed or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example,
were definite power points or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.

previous discussion threads at :
WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=42163

WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=39669

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

Opal

Premium Member
You are correct, I presumed she was using Placidus. There are many systems of houses. I should not have presumed the unobvious.