The Tower tarot card

Neptune Rising

Hi

Tarot experts, when the Tower comes up in the immediate future, in the celtic cross spread, but the final outcome is a neutral card, can it sometimes be an unexpected pleasant surprise?

When I see Tower, I usually feel there is an impending disaster. This strikes a cord in me as recently I got the 10 of swords as the final outcome, a few times. Though, I haven't seen that more recently, just last month.

I was doing just a general reading, no specific question. I have an exam coming up next week that I'm worried about, and seeing that card hasn't made me worry any less. Though, I took my Thoth deck and asked a specific question if I will pass, I got Justice/Adjustment, World and 3 of cups/abundance. I got a clarifier card and it was ace of swords.

Could the Tower be that my expectations of failing the exam will be wrong?

Or it maybe some other news that I am totally unaware of will come.

Thanks

retinoid

The best way to answer this question is give us the cards you pulled and the question (or frame of mind) you were in if no question asked (which is not a good way to read the tarot)...also not a good idea to read tarot cards multiple times for a single issue or read them too often if you are in a state of worry. Always you need a direction or you are just looking at the pretty cards and not actually reading anything at all.

In any case the tower means some sort of change or a decision. Usually it happens in an uncomfortable way but not necessarily a 'disaster' like the card's picture is. Reverse could mean stalling, resisting change.

dr. farr

Right, Tower means change, usually sudden changes, often meaning changes shaking up the trend or settled-in situation (or "usual" situation) If the end card of the reading is not negative, then the Tower could mean benefic changes, or a shake-up that does not necessarily result in disaster.

Neptune Rising

Thanks to you both for your insight!

I cannot remember the rest of the cards unfortunately, the Tower took over in my mind! Actually just remembered, the 7 of wands was the final card. My frame of mind was normal, it was a general reading.

When I get a card in the immediate future spot, it often happens within a few weeks to a month. I have two big things happening next week, one involves me and my exams and the other involves someone close to me waiting for news.

Maybe I will get to the exam and forget how to speak! Its happened once before when asked a question on the spot :p

dr. farr

7 Wands (upright) is pretty much a benefic indicator, shows challenge but with the querent (or subject of the divination) holding the higher ground. Final outcome seems + for you.

retinoid

My interpretation, and this is just based on the two cards with no question is that perhaps there will be some sudden change or breakdown of something but you will be able to handle any stress or issues that arise (7 of wands)....

Neptune Rising

Thank you both!
Yes it makes sense. I'm getting 5 and 7 of wands more these days, sums up how I'm feeling.
I appreciate your views on the cards, thanks again. :)

Neptune Rising

I did a clarifier using just four cards drawn randomly, all upright.
I do the 'staff' of the celtic cross.
I got Judgement, Hermit, High Priestess and Tower as final outcome.
Agh it came up again in a pretty heavy duty line.

Judgement is a time of renewal approaching with Hermit, I've been studying alot, having to be a Hermit for the exams next week. High Priestess next to Hermit maybe shows I want to understand on a deeper level where I am or a need to spend this time just being and learning, but that Tower as final outcome in the 4 line clarifier. Well since its still there, I guess it is something I am completely unaware of that will shake the roots from my trees. I didn't mean to pick just the major arcana, but they just came out like that.

I am concerned because someone I am close to is expecting health test results next week, the day after I take my exams. All on the new Moon in Aries, which is conjunct my natal Chiron and square my natal Sun. :p Funnily enough, I think the Tower is Mars, relating maybe to the new Moon in Aries...

retinoid

The Tower might well relate to the health matters concerning this person.

Unfortunately one can only guess with the tarot unless you have a direct question...just my experience. You need something on your mind. You cannot just nonchalantly pick cards and expect anything direct because after all they are symbols of life yet mean countless things but appeal to your subconscious (which is most likely being drawn from...)

pudinnpop

I tend to agree with Dr Farr..I think maybe the news will be shocking to your friend and that in itself can throw you for a loop!!

Neptune Rising

The Tower might well relate to the health matters concerning this person.

It may, though I want to bring only healing energy to this person. I picked a card to clarify, and the court card that signifies that person came up. It has been a shocking situation for all of us involved and I hold wishes regarding this. Making bargains with 'God', when I know that such things cannot be done - when you are in the situation, like I am, logic (for me) is bypassed for emotion, and I want to make the person well. It may explain the Tower, unrealistic ideas....

Neptune Rising

I tend to agree with Dr Farr..I think maybe the news will be shocking to your friend and that in itself can throw you for a loop!!

Yes I am thinking that. Its a family member. Lol, I've already been thrown for a loop, so much so, the loops have rolled down the hill and far away!

Neptune Rising

As another thought, I've been feeling like the Tower card a lot lately, feeling like my world is about to be turned upside down.

This is not a feeling I am uncomfortable with, just one that I am aware of. With Uranus hovering around my Nadir, opposite natal Pluto and transiting Pluto squaring the natal Pluto and Nadir/MC axis, I shouldn't really be surprised to see the Tower come up more frequently these days. It came up loads during my Saturn return, which also had a Chiron conjunct Sun transit too. If there is a transit that shakes one out of one's 'towers made of sand', that sure is one! Though the learning experience was like a precious gem.

retinoid

Well remember neptunerising, a feeling is just a 'feeling'...they are powerful as they shape your reality but you can change your feelings...the outside does not create the feelings.

Neptune Rising

The Tower did indeed relate to what I felt it related to, my mums health. Results from a scan which were unexpected, shocking and turn the world upside down.