Aspects for Fatherhood?

outofkur

I have researched aspects to denote pregnancy and childbirth (at least in women's charts.)

Men's charts would show something for fatherhood, no? I'm curious as to how this will present itself? Given the emotional and domestic changes, some aspects I would expect to maybe be similar?

I would appreciate to hear anyone's insight on this matter! Thank you!

ardentika

Hm that's interesting . I suspect it would be the position of Saturn and Sun, also maybe Mars. I would however look at the Moon too since it's the emotional and mental state of every individual .

Are you asking for how one would be as a father or in general the potential to have kids ? Because when my parents had me my dad had NN in 5th in his solar return which is a common position esp in women for pregnancy

petosiris

Banned
I have researched aspects to denote pregnancy and childbirth (at least in women's charts.)

Men's charts would show something for fatherhood, no? I'm curious as to how this will present itself? Given the emotional and domestic changes, some aspects I would expect to maybe be similar?

I would appreciate to hear anyone's insight on this matter! Thank you!

The natural investigation of the topic is as follows. The Midheaven by virtue of its greatest heat and power is the place of children. The post-ascension has a similar power, as does the Anti-Midheaven and its post-ascension for they are moving towards the Midheaven with an opposition. Planets moving towards the Midheaven with some other close aspect can also portend children, though the four aforementioned places are most important in their given order.

Moon, Jupiter and Venus indicate children.
Sun, Saturn and Mars indicate few or no children.
Mercury is common, giving children as morning planet associated with beneficent planets, and taking away children as evening planet associated with maleficent planets.

Masculine planets give male children.
Feminine planets give female children.

Beneficent planets in feminine and dual signs indicate more than one children, but in masculine signs in superior quartile or opposition to Saturn or Mars, they will suffer injury and be short-lived. And if the Sun or the maleficent planets themselves are in masculine signs without being overcome by the beneficent planets, the native will be completely childless.

Favourably placed planets indicate famous and illustrious children, the unfavourably placed planets, humble and obscure. If they are in conjunction, sextile or trine aspect with the Ascendant or the Lot of Fortune, the children will be dear to their parents, but if they are disjunct or in opposition, they will be quarrelsome, trouble-makers, and injurious. If there are two donative planets, and if they are in harmonious aspect one to another, the children which they give continue with brotherly affection and mutual respect, but if they are disjunct or in opposition to one another, the disposition of the children will be quarrelsome and scheming.

Particular details about children can be conjectured by setting the donative planet as the Ascendant, and then making an investigation of the more important questions from the rest of the configuration, as in a nativity.

Terminology used - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=971957&postcount=1

Last edited:

ardentika

How come sun denies children when it rules the house of children lol. I'm sorry but I've never seen Saturn truly deny something. When you say they deny at least say how. Aspects, positions and so on. This is too vague info.

petosiris

Banned
How come sun denies children when it rules the house of children lol.

Sun is a common planet since it has drying power. It doesn't rule any house of children.

I'm sorry but I've never seen Saturn truly deny something. When you say they deny at least say how.

Saturn is cold and moderately dry and maleficent. This has been confirmed by experience. One ancient author has seen lots of his denial. :smile:

''Saturn makes those born under him petty, malignant, care-worn, self-depreciating, solitary, deceitful, secretive in their trickery, strict, downcast, with a hypocritical air, squalid, black-clad, importunate, sad-looking, miserable, with a nautical bent, plying waterside trades. Saturn also causes humblings, sluggishness, unemployment, obstacles in business, interminable lawsuits, subversion of business, secrets, imprisonment, chains, griefs, accusations, tears, bereavement, capture, exposures of children. Saturn makes serfs and farmers because of its rule over the land, and it causes men to be renters of property, tax farmers, and violent in action. It puts into one’s hands great ranks and distinguished positions, supervisions, management of others’ property, and the fathership of others’ children. Of materials, it rules lead, wood, and stone. Of the limbs of the body, it rules the legs, the knees, the tendons, the lymph, the phlegm, the bladder, the kidneys, and the internal, hidden organs. Saturn is indicative of injuries arising from cold and moisture, such as dropsy, neuralgia, gout, cough, dysentery, hernia, spasms. It is indicative of these syndromes: possession, homosexuality, and depravity. Saturn makes bachelors and widows, bereavements, and childlessness. It causes violent deaths by water, strangulation, imprisonment, or dysentery. It also causes falling on the face. It is the star of Nemesis; it is of the day sect. It is like castor in color and astringent in taste.'' - https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/vettius valens entire.pdf

Aspects, positions and so on. This is too vague info.

Can't make it more clear than that.

ardentika

I see no definitive aspects nor placements so it's still vague . And Saturn denies nothing ,we do :)

Sun rules leo, leo rules 5th.

petosiris

Banned
I see no definitive aspects nor placements so it's still vague . And Saturn denies nothing ,we do :)

Sun rules leo, leo rules 5th.

I agree that Sun rules Leo because Leo is a summery solid hot and dry sign.
I am interested in hearing how you arrived at the conclusion that the so-called 5th house (the post-ascension of the Anti-Midheaven without the numerology) rules children, and moreover that Leo rules it. Do you have any theory behind it?

wilsontc

Staff member
STOP the Traditional vs. Modern arguments, to All

All,

STOP the Traditional vs. Modern arguments. petosiris is clearly using Traditional methods while ardentika seems to favor Modern astrology. Use WHATEVER method you want to answer the OP's question and AVOID attacking people because you don't happen to like their astrological style. If you ONLY want to talk about Modern or Traditional astrology, do so in the appropriate Forums (i.e., Traditional Astrology or Modern Astrology).

Returning to the OP's question,

Tim