Autism & Asperger's in natal chart

Nexus7

That does sound really interesting. I have come across two books in which the chart of someone with autism was discussed - the one by Liz Greene, the other by Erin Sullivan. I gave my reaction to the Greene article on the other thread, so don't want to repeat it here. I would be very curious to know what is being suggested on the topic now.

I also know of someone in the astrologcal community who is a self-styled advocate of individuals with various forms of neuro-divergence: no doubt there will be more to come on this topic in a lot of places on this one.

lunesol95

I was wondering if you could help me read my chart. I have Asperger's Syndrome and was wondering if there was an astrological reasoning for it. I did Planes of Expression with my name and it said I have trouble relating to other people's emotions. Here is my natal chart: http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg....gif&res=63&va=&cid=gahfilekLcJ0h-u1254677594

[Moderator note - original link replaced by a safer link, which does not land others into the chart-poster's astro.com account. Please double click on the chart to remove the 'Add/Edit' option, and only then post the link in public.]

Last edited by a moderator:

aquarius7000

Hi Lunesol,

Welcome to this forum!

I can only be very brief, as dinner's on the table. The first few things that jumped out at me in your chart are the close Ura-Mars and Ura-Moon aspects, which are quite common (along with Ura-Mer, or Mars-Merc, or even an afflicted Moon) with Autism & Asperger's , IMO. Mars sits in your 3rd house (thinking and communicating) and is closely afflicted by Ura (sudden disruptions) in your 6th (health maladies). It is also in detriment in Libra. It is also afflicted by Nep. Mars in the 3rd, though, gives a very active mind:). Ven, lord of your 3rd house, is also in its fall (so weak) and combust (further weakened). The 3rd important element, the Moon, is also in its fall. But you have a strong and dignified Jupiter in Sagitarrius. (Btw, please also read the footnote I have left in your post re the chart-link).

Best,
:)AQ7

Last edited:
Hey all,

I would like to really really say thanks, i am studing right now at this point and u are solving my lots of questions which i faced in my assignment.. Thank u buddy.. I want to tell u all, if u have more points like this then please share here, it may be helpful to other guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

My partner and I have been extremely involved in figuring out aspergers through astrology, he was diagnosed when he was 15. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 7, but as Ive aged, Ive noticed several issues Ive had with communication, relating to others, and nervousness which seems almost more severe as I get older.
I would love a second opinion on my natal chart, not to diagnose myself as Aspergers, but just to discuss possibilities.

09/15/1986
12:15 am
Ithaca New York

My Partners natal info is

02/28/1985
6:08pm
Utica NY

Thank you for anyone who can help me out! I would love to discuss things further.

Amanda

Nexus7

Hi Amanda

I wouldlove to take a quick look at your chart, but do tend to be of the visual persuasion. Could you possibly go to astro.com and post your chart here, for us to see? Ihaveno doubt someone here you talk you through that procedure if it sounds difficult....

Nexus7

More problems in communicating as you get older, did you say?

How about the last 2-3 years?

Pluto has been transitting by square your natal Mercury, which is already square Neptune, as well as opposite your Ascendant. This is bound to have been making you more aware of any fears related to comunicating in general,and in confronting you with where you are maybe evasive in what you communicate with others.

Normally, it is possible that Mercury in Libra square Neptune may find it difficult to make decisions and be a little forgetful - what insights into any areas of muddled thinking and evasiveness have the recent Pluto transits brought you?

It may not always be pleasant, but thisa kind of probing may ultimately be good for your being able to develop more confidence in your own perceptions.

Otherwise, what I see in your chart is your chart ruler, the Moon, in Aquarius, apparently unaspected.

This could mean that it is difficult for you to get a real handle on how you react and feel - or in some cases, maybe not feel - in some situations, resulting in some sense of alienation. This could create some sense of being misunderstood by others, for being a bit weird, a bit detached, for example. That does not mean that you are necessarily asperger's at all though, and I wonder what Laing would have made of all the recent literature on the subject now. Camus, Sartre, Laing, Lennon, for example, all share your moon position too and they may have been perceived as manythings, but not necessarily asperger's types either.

Perhaps, with a Cancer ascendant, more intimacy might matter to you, but it may be difficult for you to know how to ask for this, and from whom. A Virgo Sunmay 'want' things to be clear and black andwhite, but a Mercury square Neptune may always muddy the waters a little bit there.

Lou

[TO" silenceofconfusion86]

Hi Amanda: I've been studying charts on the spectrum that includes Asperger's and autism, and here are a couple of observations. Using 4 charts -- yours, your partner's, Gary Numan's (Brit singer), and KazzaFrog's (from this thread) -- I notice identical patterns. The patterns has two parts. One is an afflicted Mercury, more often combust the Sun, (that's within 8 degrees of Sun). The second part is a YOD or Finger of God formation in the chart.

Your YOD includes Moon, Sun, NNode and Part of Fortune. Your partner's is Pluto, Chiron/Partoffortune, Neptune. Gary Numan's is Mars, MC, Sun/Mercury/Partoffortune. KazzaFrog's planet combust the Sun is Venus, but Mercury is nearby and opposed by Pluto; the YOD is made up of Pluto, MC, Netune/Saturn. That's hard to visualize unless you consult the charts (which you can generate at www.astro.com)

You might learn a lot by researching the YOD, paying attention to the nature of the planets involved, their keywords and signs. My guess is that the afflicted Mercury sort of "sets the stage" for a neurological glitch and the YOD makes it more specific.

The age when one was diagnosed, or felt things were critical, could be indicated by progressed or transiting planets triggering the YOD . In your case, at age 7, Progressed Sun was over your Mercury and transiting Saturn was just past your Moon.

Hope this helps.

LOU

Thank you both for looking into this! I have been exploring the Chiron aspects in my partners chart, as well as mine. Our Chiron is in Gemini, and He has a Gemini moon, which is also square mercury, the ruler of Gemini. My Chiron is in Gemini, in my Lilith. A lot of the information I read about gemini in lilith is confusing, and intensive. I will look into the YOD and try to understand more of this, bit by bit. sometimes it feels like all the information is swimming around in front of me, but I cant integrate it into my being. I get an opposite feeling when I try to express information to other people, where no matter how hard I try I just cant be understood. Hope that gives you some insight on my mercurial confusion.

Amanda.

ilamaran

I did a research on autism, I would like to hear from you all about my view.
I feel autistic persons have a extended psychosexual development (Sigmund Freud).
Based on my research, psychosexual development theory would be statistically significant for 82% of people.82% of people are the one who decide 18 as the age as matured adult.
Let me explain the calculation for the numbers. Based on natal moon chart, before 18, (119/144) of people would have got saturn on their 8th position or 1st position from lagna.Which would have corrected psychosexual abnormalities.
I assume that Kanni raasi has association with autism.So out of remaining 18% people 1.5% people would from kanni raasi (18/12). Which is close to the statistics of autism which says 10 out of 1000 children are autistic.

Claire19

I had to look up autism and Asperger's syndrome first then I googled up both terms along with the words medical astrology. I found nothing. Sorry.

But from the general info I got about these conditions, I seriously doubt that Pluto has anything to do with them. Aquarius and Uranus or Gemini and Mercury are more possbile rulers.

Of course I'm just guessing here. If you know exactly what systems of the body are inlvoved in autism and Asperger's syndrome, go to this thread:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604

Hope I've been helpful.
I agree that Pluto is not involved I would say. The mind and the nerves are involved with Aquarius/Uranus Mercury/Gemini. The Moon for emotional problems and Neptune for lack of rapport or connection.

Claire19

Thank you both for looking into this! I have been exploring the Chiron aspects in my partners chart, as well as mine. Our Chiron is in Gemini, and He has a Gemini moon, which is also square mercury, the ruler of Gemini. My Chiron is in Gemini, in my Lilith. A lot of the information I read about gemini in lilith is confusing, and intensive. I will look into the YOD and try to understand more of this, bit by bit. sometimes it feels like all the information is swimming around in front of me, but I cant integrate it into my being. I get an opposite feeling when I try to express information to other people, where no matter how hard I try I just cant be understood. Hope that gives you some insight on my mercurial confusion.

Amanda.
My advice is to stick to the planetary aspects and only major ones at that. I dont use Lilith and dont feel it is valid really. It may act as a back up but I am skeptical.

As always we need charts.

adeli1

I am reading Liz Greene's book, The Astrology of Fate. In one chapter, she discusses autism and the subject of fate in a family. I recommend the book as far as autism and it's meaning or ramifications in the birth chart of the "identified patient" as well as close family.

Hi Adeli,

So said:

I am reading Liz Greene's book, The Astrology of Fate. In one chapter, she discusses autism and the subject of fate in a family. I recommend the book as far as autism and it's meaning or ramifications in the birth chart of the "identified patient" as well as close family.

In my own opinion, I stay FAR away from Liz Greene. Issues of fate as they relate to illness, specifically illness that could be caused by many outside factors, is coming close to being dogmatic. Liz Greene is very dogmatic. She comes across as very rigid, traditional, fear-based. Move into the light, I say, there are more possibilities there.

As for ramifications, often times issues of difference have to do with society and not the person. Ramifications make it sound like "fault" or "punishment." Autism as far as we know could be evolution. Astrology does not do well to ignore the other possibilities in order to preserve tradition.

Anyway, I see that you were just trying help! Only throwing in my two cents and making a wish: that we all rely a little less on Ms. Greene.

mod.

Last edited:
Hi Ilamaran,

You said:

I did a research on autism, I would like to hear from you all about my view.
I feel autistic persons have a extended psychosexual development (Sigmund Freud).
Based on my research, psychosexual development theory would be statistically significant for 82% of people.82% of people are the one who decide 18 as the age as matured adult.
Let me explain the calculation for the numbers. Based on natal moon chart, before 18, (119/144) of people would have got saturn on their 8th position or 1st position from lagna.Which would have corrected psychosexual abnormalities.
I assume that Kanni raasi has association with autism.So out of remaining 18% people 1.5% people would from kanni raasi (18/12). Which is close to the statistics of autism which says 10 out of 1000 children are autistic.

I'm curious how you are connecting Autism to psychosexual development? I have also studied Freud extensively, but I know he is not the only one to use when investigating psychosexual development. There is: Klein, Horney, Cixious, Lacan, Jung, Adler, Irigary, Foucault, Deleuze, Neitzsche, to name but a few.

thanks,

mod.

Last edited: