Moon Pluto Aspects - Nerves of Steel

Kitchy

Banned
One of the few things ever discussed about this aspect, in any relation, is the ability of the native to have a completely cold and calculated emotional response to something that rocks their world. Whether it's pressure or crisis or chaos. The moon-pluto native knows how to hold it together in times of most concerned outcome.

I have moon pluto square 5th and 11th - intercepted. Moon Gemini and Pluto Virgo - both mercury ruled.

I discovered a quality of this aspect in my chart through sports - athletes.

I use videos/music a lot to express astrology - hope some of the moon pluto folks dig on it.

The houses of the moon pluto aspect in our charts usually show what area of life we have nerves of steel.

Michael Phelps moon-pluto trine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KLy-NnTD2o

Carl Lewis moon-pluto sextile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVRl8gihrHM

Matt Duffy moon - pluto opposition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wceHwRc70Q

Last edited:

katydid

Interesting thread.

I don't have any aspects between my Moon and Pluto.

But I have Moon in the 8th house and Pluto in my 4th house. And I am a Scorpio. So I feel that by osmosis, I have a tad bit of a Moon/Pluto aspect happening. :ninja:

So as to 'nerves of steel' , I hear ya. Maybe it is my Cap Moon with Mars in Cap conjunct tightly in the 8th?

Personally I have the moon and pluto in sextile aspect in my own natal chart. Pluto is retrograde at 0 degrees scorpio, in the first house and the moon is in leo on the cusp of the 10th and 11th houses. The moon is also the apex planet in a t-square that involves mars in scorpio (also retrograde) on the 1st/2nd house cusp and sun in taurus on the 7th/8th house cusps.

The t-square kind of clouds my judgment on this, since I don't just have a moon/pluto sextile in isolation, but it is tied up with additional scorpio energy. What you said about emotional responses though, I can relate to. I have responded to many extremely stressful and difficult situations in life in a way that upset others because I wasn't as emotional, upset, or unsettled as I "should" have been. Not on the outside at least. Mostly it was an issue of not letting something get into me to destroy me. I'm not sure about the nerves of steel concerning the 1st and 10th/11th house connection. But in a general sense I am not one to back down, and when something pushes me, I push back harder :biggrin:

Kitchy

Banned
In reviewing my own life experience - I have seen where my moon-pluto aspect has actually provided emotional survival and protection rather than tearing me asunder.

I feel this combo most strongly when I am faced with tragedies and awful events around me. I can get riled by the littlest of things with moon in gemini - as well as debilitating panic attacks - but when there is a serious situation to be dealt with, I find myself shutting down all emotional matter in my mind and I head straight into the situation with what feels like complete control.

I was a first responder to a horrible motorcyle accident a few years ago - I was on the sidewalk walking along when a car rammed a motorcycle and the motorcycle came flying across the road and up onto the sidewalk right in my path - the driver flew off and smashed into the wall of a building like a rag doll. Screaming and people running and the motorcycle still revving on it's side and I was right there and I didn't even have a thought of fear or anything - I ran right up to the rider and thought he was dead and one of his arms was twisted around like a pretzel and it was bleeding and I stuck my fingers to neck for a pulse and inspite of all the chaos and noise, I actually felt a pulse and I screamed at the top of my lungs, so powerful it even shocked me, 'he's still alive, call 911! - it gives me goosebumps to remember that moment. (I think my jup/sat cap 6th was operating in me too - launching me into 'management mode' - anyway, By this time, several other people stepped in and covered him and one lady got on her knees and prayed right there and I joined her silently, but I can still remember that weird feeling of having no emotion, it was like slow motion body-lessness or something - I can't explain it.

The paramedics came right away thank God and the guy survived, but he looked dead as a doorknob when they loaded him into the truck. It turned out he had a head injury and busted up bones on one side of his body, I read in the news next day.

The finale of it all - after the police report where I calmly told what I saw, I kept walking back towards my house, feeling calm and numb, but yet my whole body was shaking and I even pee'd a bit in my pants. :crying:

I've had similar experiences, though none as horrifying as that one, where people around me were out of control in fights or panic or flight, and I found myself shutting down and not panicking, but just proceeding to disappear from the scene calmly amidst the chaos.

The 'starting block' videos and the 'at bat' videos I posted got me thinking about such intense pressure - that one still moment before all hell busts loose, and how these athletes leave their bodies as their mind takes over.

It might be more of a mercury thing? I might consider that it could be my mercury ruled moon and pluto that I'm responding to, not sure. But I do know that in times of crisis, mine and others, the moon-pluto folks are the ones who seem hold together best.

It might be more of a mercury thing? I might consider that it could be my mercury ruled moon and pluto that I'm responding to, not sure. But I do know that in times of crisis, mine and others, the moon-pluto folks are the ones who seem hold together best.

Perhaps the deep fortitude of this aspect is the same at its core but altered by other factors in the chart. I've never had to deal with something so immediate and urgent as what you described and I can't really speculate on what I might do if placed in a similar situation. But it's likely that mercury plays a big role in your case, as the Sun must place in mine, giving a certain natural inclination based on the sign it's in and other placements and aspects. Hmm. Good food for thought.

Kali

I have an intercepted moon square Pluto, too. My moon is OOB, in the 5th (intercepted), in Sagittarius, tightly conjunct an OOB, Rx Mars, both square Rx Pluto in the 3rd in Virgo.

I am in healthcare (obstetrics) and sometimes things happen. Now, I don't welcome emergencies, because it's a mother's or baby's life/wellbeing on the line, but when I did other things, I loved pressure. When all hell broke loose at work and my coworkers were panicking, I could always see the path, carry it out and save the day. There's a real adrenaline rush with it. But I think that may be because Mars is mixed up in this for me and I'm an admitted adrenaline junkie.

tenacapcious

3rd house Cap Moon sq. 12th house Pluto. Most of the time I'm quite passionate and intense in my emotional expression compared to your astrology cook book description of Capricorn Moon. I cry easily, I'm terribly impressionable at times and I've been told that I look very vulnerable. But in times of crisis or after a traumatic experience, I never react the way people expect me to and that appears to be very upsetting to them.:confused: I don't know if people I'd rather crumble and break down and become inefficient when that's inconvenient in a given situation?! I can't wrap my mind around why anyone would be comforted if I were fragile when push comes to shove.:annoyed: They don't like that when I've been through something very personally upsetting, that I'm very selective with whom I share with if any and my calm and steady tone when recounting something bad that happened to me, seems to unnerve others! Some even question if this or that (which I won't share here) really happened, because they have some preconceived ideas about how they think someone with my experiences would/should "naturally" react.:rolleyes:

david starling

Here's a couple of sayings I saw on wall posters: The familiar "When the going gets tough, the tough get going!"--in my highschool's gym. And one in the cafeteria: "If you can keep your head under these circumstances, you just don't fully comprehend the situation!":lol:

Kitchy

Banned
I have an intercepted moon square Pluto, too. My moon is OOB, in the 5th (intercepted), in Sagittarius, tightly conjunct an OOB, Rx Mars, both square Rx Pluto in the 3rd in Virgo.

I am in healthcare (obstetrics) and sometimes things happen. Now, I don't welcome emergencies, because it's a mother's or baby's life/wellbeing on the line, but when I did other things, I loved pressure. When all hell broke loose at work and my coworkers were panicking, I could always see the path, carry it out and save the day. There's a real adrenaline rush with it. But I think that may be because Mars is mixed up in this for me and I'm an admitted adrenaline junkie.

after reading all of the comments and possible indicators for my question regarding nerves of steel, there could be other planetary considerations for such reactions. nevertheless, moon in pluto is generally one cool cucumber during times when others are in emotional chaos, or when in an emotionally chaotic environment. being able to act without thinking too much about it is likely the mars element, though.

Imperial1922

Im curious, what would you say of Moon in cancer 11th inconjunct/quinxunx pluto in sagittarius 4th??

I am usually described as very impulsive and emotionally intense. My cancer girlfriend has Moon conjunct pluto, so we both usually understand each other well emotionally, as we are practical
Psychopaths lmao

Bunraku

I have the contra parallel, which act like oppositions. My my mother has a true opposition as a Pisces Moon. My dad has a wide conjunct of Pluto-Sun, and my chart tried to inherit that but I was fortunate enough to avoid it by receiving a very wide orb to discount a conjunction.

Looks like my parents tried to pass down their Pluto things to me, but I resisted in the womb or something looool. Glad I avoided it though, as I’m not interested in that type of life, if you understand what I’m saying.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Moon in Cap sextile Pluto and also conjunct AC and Neptune here. Can relate to most of what everyone related but especially

I feel this combo most strongly when I am faced with tragedies and awful events around me. I can get riled by the littlest of things with moon in gemini - as well as debilitating panic attacks - but when there is a serious situation to be dealt with, I find myself shutting down all emotional matter in my mind and I head straight into the situation with what feels like complete control.
this part. I can get riled up by relatively small things and sometimes in big ways but tend to deal calmly when things get really heavy or intense. It's almost as if that's the norm to me while everyone else is freaking out all around. Still my Moon-Neptune conjunction hates upsets so I'll try to avoid getting mixed up in drama if I can get out of it.

To the original question about nerves of steel, I definitely don't see myself this way but friends have commented about how I have come out all right (rough childhood) where they thought they would have developed major problems.

Kitchy

Banned
I have the contra parallel, which act like oppositions. My my mother has a true opposition as a Pisces Moon. My dad has a wide conjunct of Pluto-Sun, and my chart tried to inherit that but I was fortunate enough to avoid it by receiving a very wide orb to discount a conjunction.

Looks like my parents tried to pass down their Pluto things to me, but I resisted in the womb or something looool. Glad I avoided it though, as I’m not interested in that type of life, if you understand what I’m saying.

I am not sure what you mean?

Kitchy

Banned
JKXX and others -

Have you had experiences in life, as a child or adult, of being 'ganged-up on'?

How did you handle them? I think this is one of the moon-pluto signatures, whether being ganged-up on by events or persons.

How do you handle the mob?

jkxx74

Premium Member
Kitchy,

I have experienced that numerous times although I have a couple of squares to Pluto from Sun and Jupiter which both speak of generating in others the desire to put you down at all costs - which they have done and continue to do whenever they can get away with it. So in my case those more extreme aspects are probably doing more to that end than the Moon/Mercury-Pluto sextiles are doing.

Usually it involves persons in positions of authority who try to "*****" me in some way and there is a predictable battle that takes place with a predictable outcome. My suspicion is again that that is the Sun square as it always involves men rather than women.

The Moon does have to do with one's past and childhood and I did experience some turbulent times then (growing up in a country with a collapsing society and economy) so my experiences there wouldn't be unique but shared with everyone else who was growing up in that environment. (Digression - I also have Saturn opposing the North Node and the interpretation there is swimming against the currents of society so in a different way I do have to always do my own thing as it always differs from what everyone else seems to be doing.)

How do you handle Pluto? I'd say by being honest with yourself (and with the Moon anyone intimately connected to you) and acknowledging what you know to be true regardless of whether it is what's politically correct or otherwise acceptable or expected. There is no point in going along with what is untrue, for any reason, so you benefit from doing what you truly believe is right. The mob is a whole another subject, but you can become a target if you speak unpopular truths or see through lies everyone else stuffs under the carpet as if they don't exist.

Kitchy

Banned
yes, the other planetary influences affect it - agreed.

my mars cancer in 11th house (3 degrees from 12th in placidus) does some funny stuff when he's working with my hades moon.

when i was about 8 years old - me and my friend were walking to the corner store to buy candy where we were met up by 3 boys who were older, like 10 or 11 and they tried strong arming us out of our candy money. it was shock and awe. my littler friend, christopher first gave it to them right away and i was like, oh hell no, you ain't getting our money and i started grabbing it back and a scuffle ensued and christoper was crying but i wasn't giving up until i got our money back. fortunately, it was in the late 60's when 10 year old boys knew not to hit girls and they didn't carry shanks or guns. nowadays tho, a moon-pluto has up her/his game in society.

i remember being very calm at that moment - like many others - almost out of body - numb no feelings, just action at the point of crisis. the calm comes from someplace and i often wonder if these 'near death' (in perspective and context) experiences are demanded of moon-pluto.

I see you are Bulgarian native. :) This song Freeze My Senses by Lionel Nebkov, a Bulgarian American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-iHtNtZjP8

Last edited:

jkxx74

Premium Member
Moon with Mars and Pluto, yes, very much the event you experienced as a child. I only have a mild aspect between Mars and Pluto but I did have Pluto square Mars some years ago and stupidly ignored astro.com's urging to stay out of dangerous neighborhoods. Our neighborhood had some gangs operating in the area at the time and I took a walk in the dark... almost ended up getting shot by a cop who was chasing a carjacker that evening. Learned to pay close attention to upcoming transits back then. Nowadays it's a jungle, you can get killed on the street, at the office, at the movie theater, or your neighborhood grocery store. All my older friends and relatives say it has never been this bad.

You get taken over by a "do or die" mood and you know "do" is the only real option. I do believe the near-death experiences are Pluto's way of getting us to get past beliefs that would haunt us till the end of our lives otherwise. Not that it's a pleasant way to do it.

Thank you for sharing the song - never heard of this guy as I don't pay much attention to what is happening overseas usually but he seems talented.

anjelik

My husband has his Moon in Aquarius in the 12th trine Pluto in Libra in the 7th. It's interesting you raised this because while he has Moon square Uranus, which causes him to lose it over the most pointless things sometimes, but when it comes to something BIG he holds it together way better than I ever could. He has experienced so much loss in his life and perhaps this aspect is what has kept him so strong.

AppLeo

I have Moon square Pluto too. My Moon is in Virgo in the 8th house and my Pluto is in Sag in the 11th. The nerves of steel makes a lot of sense, too. I never really overreact to anything. I guess I feel so intense that I can't express what I'm feeling normally or rationally, so it's kind of just buried or scarred over underneath.