Interesting 12th house interpretation.lšŸ˜Œ

Mikehtc13

After speaking with a like minded individual, he offered an interesting interpretation on the 12th house that made me think. He says that 12th house is our subconscious. In other words my 12th is sag with three planets there and I'm constantly craving subconsciously to just let go, laugh, be extroverted, and surrender to life's majesty... But I'm a CapricornšŸ˜‘so that gets swallowed up by Saturn. It's true. I so crave that surrender to just be sag/aqu like.
Aries in the subconscious of a Pisces. Cancer in the subconscious of the Leo. Virgo in the subconscious of the Libra. Taurus rising can be so relaxed and reserved but their feeling the pull to let go and embrace their Arian qualities. Even if they constantly speak about wanting to go do so may projects and be now instinctive instead of moving so relaxed through their journey. however the subconscious thoughts gets swallowed up by the Taurus rising (interesting if you have a duplicate; Taurus 12th and Taurus rising).
The Gemini rising subconscious is Taurus. Wants to slow down and enjoy the pleasures of the world one by one. No rush. "I've got time". Stick to one thing and finish it. Stop eating so fast lol.
And if you have planets in there too then that adds to it. Perhaps we should consider that we don't necessarily have to have only ONE interpretation for each energy or house.

Bunraku

What if in cases where the Asc and the 12th house cusp are on the same sign?

I know a chart with Asc, 12,11, on the same sign. Idk who in their right mind wants to live in Alaska tbh.

kimbermoon

It is very fitting to associate the 12th with the subconscious; I have Neptune therein and have always received significant dream messages regularly. The subconscious is that other 'side of self' that we often try to keep hidden from the world; in dreams we are forced to confront that inner side. I have spent decades trying to plum my own depths to gain awareness of what makes me tick and why I generate the reactions of others. The spiritual quest is also important to me.

Mikehtc13

I know a chart with Asc, 12,11, on the same sign. Idk who in their right mind wants to live in Alaska tbh.

I was thinking about that myself recently.
Its possible that Your subconscious and Ascendant are basically on the same page.

IleneK

Premium Member

If you look at the houses from a whole sign viewpoint, then if your rising is Pisces then the 12th sign, the sign on your chart's 12th place is Aquarius. According to the jungian astrologers you would receive collective ( not personal) unconscious direction or drive through an Aquarian lens? You receive your personal unconscious material from the 8th place/sign in your chart.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Interesting. What information do you have about the 4th house ? Surely it has to fit in there somewhere considering itā€™s a ā€œwater houseā€ like the 8th and 12th (in modern astrological standards ).

IleneK

Premium Member
Interesting. What information do you have about the 4th house ? Surely it has to fit in there somewhere considering itā€™s a ā€œwater houseā€ like the 8th and 12th (in modern astrological standards ).

Good question.

From a strictly modern, Jungian astrological perspective, you can look at the unconscious via the 4th, 8th and 12th.

• The 12th is the collective unconscious: archetypes, associations, dreams, anima/animus and the shadow as collective/non-personal archetypal ideas.
  • The 8th is the personal unconscious: our psychological complexes, repressed material, anima/animus and shadow with personal content.
  • The 4th is our total Unconscious a the result of our 8th and 12th and its expression in the form of feelings and emotions.
And from that you can extend and look at their axes:

• The 6th as expression of the collective consciousness [6th-12th axis], so this the collective's known, conscious effect upon you.
  • The 2nd as the expression of personal consciousness [as part of the 2nd-8th axis], so it is what you consciously know from your personal experience and
  • The 10th as the result of our 2nd and 6th, which is our Consciousness out in the world [the 4th-10th axis].
This is extracted from the ideas of Jungian astrological astrologers, Liz Greene and Karen Hamaker-Zontag.

Mikehtc13

If you look at the houses from a whole sign viewpoint, then if your rising is Pisces then the 12th sign, the sign on your chart's 12th place is Aquarius. According to the jungian astrologers you would receive collective ( not personal) unconscious direction or drive through an Aquarian lens? You receive your personal unconscious material from the 8th place/sign in your chart.

Interesting. What is this Jungian astrology?šŸ˜²

Yes that sounds about right but I'm just speculating. Aquarius in the 12th possibly subconsciously want to do higher minded things. Wants to be different. Stand apart from the crowd. Bring knowledge to the collective. Work with large groups of people to help a cause. Wants to make a difference in the world. Etc

IleneK

Premium Member
Interesting. What is this Jungian astrology?ļæ½ļæ½

Jung was a student of Freud who later broke with him and went on to formulate what is referred to as depth or archetypal psychology. He also had some peripheral interest in astrology. Depth/archetypal psychology has been a substantial influence on what is referred to as modern psychological astrology.

I suspect you can do a search and find more information.

Yes that sounds about right but I'm just speculating. Aquarius in the 12th possibly subconsciously want to do higher minded things. Wants to be different. Stand apart from the crowd. Bring knowledge to the collective. Work with large groups of people to help a cause. Wants to make a difference in the world. Etc

If the 12th is the window through which the collective unconscious flows into us, we might look to the traditional ruler of Aquarius in your particular chart, Saturn, and see what sign it is in and its general condition. That might reveal a bit more about how 12th collective unconscious energies manifest more particularly through you. This begins to distinguish how AQ on your 12th differs from others with AQ on their 12th, supporting the concept of the unique finger print-like quality of each person's natal chart.

Last edited: