Name Asteroid and significance

theV

Thanks Rahu. Lindaland has always been a source to understand asteroids based on commenter experiences.

waybread

I have a namesake asteroid. I won't give it out due to privacy concerns. However, if you can find a namesake asteroid or two, they are well worth checking out in synastry.

If you don't find your exact name, you can use a cognate name in another language. For example, "John" means the same as Ian, Juan, Ivan, Jean, Johannes, Hans, &c.

My husband's name doesn't have a namesake asteroid in English, but there is a cognate name in German and Italian. His namesake asteroid in German conjuncts my sun.

Speaking of asteroid Hillary, I did a solar arc chart for the US Constitution on election day, November 8, 2016. Solar arc asteroid Hillary conjuncts the "natal" moon in the 10th house of the Constitution.

I don't recall the Rodden rating on the Constitution, but I got it in the Astrodienst Astro-DataBank. The Constitution seems like a more fitting chart for the presidency, as the presidency is established in the Constitution, not the Declaration of Independence, which is usually taken as the birth date for the US.

In mundane astrology the 10th house indicates the ruler or political party in power. The moon is one indicator of "the people," and thus seems important for a democratic election.

Love her or hate her, Clinton might just be the next POTUS.

theV

Most of people who were born in 1995 have Isa conjunct Pluto does that mean they are obsessed over me?

theV

Asteroid Hillary will be in conjunct with Sun of US during election day. Natal Hillary in US chart is in Gemini 12/7th house will be in opposition to Saturn (responsibility). OMG!

AppLeo

Asteroid Hillary will be in conjunct with Sun of US during election day. Natal Hillary in US chart is in Gemini 12/7th house will be in opposition to Saturn (responsibility). OMG!

No way.. There's an asteroid called Hillary?

rahu

Banned
Asteroids have been looked at for 200 years. Certain principles have been used in selecting named asteroids. A asteroid can be used without regard for gender. There is no Victor but Victoria can be used. Consanants structure disregarding vowels can be used.
Nicknames can be used.
All that matters is that you form a one to one connection to the asteroid to the person.

Surprisingly you can even choose a asteroid that reminds you of the person or of your self.
If you sincerely choose a name, it will function. There are no wrong choices
rahu

Asteroid Rachele is square to Pluto and Sedna...this shows my interest in death and the occult, astrology, and Sedna the pursuit of these things, as well as my pursuit of the truth in all matters, in general.

Last edited:

theV

I tried to see where Marlyn and Jacqueline falls in Kennedy's chart. Marlyn is in Leo conjunct Neptune/MC. Jacobi asteroid for Jacqueline conjunct Venus in gemini.

sibylline

I never pay attention to asteroids because well, they're asteroids. Add enough asteroids and you can read anything you want into a chart.

I read waybread's post though and decided to try this with significant people in my life, since I'm not busy and thought it would be fun. Interesting results.

My bf's name asteroid is in my 3rd, conjunct... nothing. :pouty:

My mother and father's name asteroids are conjunct each other and conjunct Venus in my chart. They're also conjunct each other and conjunct the Sun or Moon in my siblings' charts.

I didn't notice the same thing with other people and significant people in their lives. Unfortunately I don't have a name asteroid or similar-name asteroid to check where they fall in others' chart.

Last edited:

theV

You're right Sib. The reason I posted the thread in the first place to see their significance and people story about them. I couldn't relate to name asteroids.

sibylline

You're right Sib. The reason I posted the thread in the first place to see their significance and people story about them. I couldn't relate to name asteroids.

No, I think the thread idea is fine. I thought it was interesting my parents' name asteroids conjoined each other and important points in all of their children's charts. :)

theV

It would be interesting if Rahu post some of his readings concerning name asteroids and their relevance.

theV

What is the meaning of your name? look for an english name that has the same meaning as in your natural language?

craft94

Yes but Jesus has all the qualities of Libra, not aries or pisces. He is totally concerned about bringing fairness and justice back into the world. He despises greed and he is not self centred or deluded. He is very social as well.

And it makes sense that he was unfairly given the death sentence and killed when the sun was in aries, the opposite of libra. The energies around the time of his death opposed him. I feel these energies myself during the month of april and when planets oppose my libra sun. There was lots of evil torture for such a minor issue. Jesus death was performed with a sadistic aries 'hate for the sake of hating' attitude. Abuse because we like to see people suffer as it makes us feel powerful and victorious. This is the common energy I see with aries.
I always thought Jesus was a Pisces. I see Libra qualities in him too but Libra and Pisces are similar in a lot of ways, I think - both very empathetic, compassionate, artistic signs. Pisces is more "mystical" though, a water sign ruled by Neptune and traditionally, Jupiter. Libra is an air sign, more social/intellectual. Jesus does seem more like a Libra than an Aries and assuming he's a Pisces (since his symbol was the fish and he's said to have heralded the Piscean Age), he could always be a Libra rising! Who knows?