Vertex and anti-Vertex points

tessfreq

Hi all,

I just discovered my Vertex/anti-Vertex points in my chart.
It’s at 24º30’ Cap5thH/Can11thH
Uranus is currently stationed at 24º30’ Aries8thH, squaring my Vertex points,
and my natal Ixion is sitting at 24º30’ Libra2ndH, opposing the transiting Uranus.

Does anyone have an interpretation or any information about this? It’s seems too exact to dismiss.

Thanks!
tess

tessfreq

Hi Ptmap,

I’m gathering some information on these points, now that I found them, and it’s interesting to try and see if these interpretations apply to my/our direct hit.

Dr Z from Zodiac.com says: (don’t know how others feel about him)
“Here's my personal astrological rule of thumb definition of the Vertex: the astrological Vertex is a sensitive point on the chart (any chart) that during unusual, extraordinary times feels like an electric, fortunate "turning point" or a meeting with "Destiny's Gate."”

He quotes Lorne Johndro as giving it the nicknamed, "electric ascendant."
I like that. Except it’s squaring the electric planet Uranus in my 8th house! Lol

So, yes, I’ve been dealing with death a bit. But it seems like everyone I know has it touching their life, one way or another, right now. I'm trying to see a more expanded 8th house view, so i don't obsess in that direction.
My life IS at an amazing turning point or a devastating turning point, depending on my view in the moment.
My own Uranus is at 24º42’ Leo in my 12th house. I think this Uranus/Uranus trine is somehow beneficial to this aspect.

When I moved forward and saw the coming aspects to our points, Ptmap, it made me want to get a handle on this even more. :smile:

rahu

Banned
generally with Uranus opposed to ixion square your vertex axis, I would look for social or family discord to be in your environment stimulating or causing changes in your life. ixionis cab beassociated with death in family.
rahu

tessfreq

Thank you rahu. This is probably why I’m trying to make it more. Running away a bit from the obvious, maybe?

Lynn Koiner from lynnkoiner.com says:
“…my theory is that the Vertex indicates the Ray energy to be cultivated in this lifetime – a shift in the personality, astral or mental body.”

Alice Portman from aliceportman.com expands on the ‘electric ascendant’ interpretation:
“The Vertex axis is the Electrical Axis of the chart. The Ascendant-Descendant is the Magnetic axis. The MC-IC is the gravity axis.

I like this. It gives me a view of the axis that works with the dynamics of the universe and a little hint of a connection to why planets so far away effects us. (this is developing into something, not sure what yet)

Alice also says:
“The Vertex axis stimulates Cosmic Awareness, an understanding that an individual is an integral part of the Universe, not just an isolated, separate entity.”

I can say that I have something like this going on pretty strong. I’ve been obessesing on some material that was given to me in April and it has expanded my view of our world and astrology. So I can make that work, but this still feels like the precipice… or is it escape?

CapAquaPis

Some astrologers make use of the vertex in charts, it is thought the vertex has to do with your soulmate you may find (or already found). My vertex happens to be 1' 33" Sag, about 7 degrees from Uranus in 25' 29" Scorpio (I'm a Sun/ Moon Aquarius-Feb 15, 1980). Note the Galactic center of the Milky way is 29 Sco-1 Sag., the lowest point of the ecliptic in the northern hemisphere sky.

tessfreq

Anglefire.com has this to say:
Important and Sensitive Points:
The Vertex and anti-Vertex: these are important points of fate like the Moon's nodes. Often loved ones or others for good or ill will have an important planet conjunct the Vertex or anti-vertex. At the first meeting/beginning of a relationship, many times the other person's progressed planet/s will cojoin this point.

This takes me back to the focus on Uranus in my 8th house. One of the deaths I’m dealing with is an aquarius friend. (my nodes are on the 27º leo/aquarius axis) He was diagnosed with terminal cancer a few weeks ago. This makes me think about all my aquarius folks. Can it be that exact of an aspect to pinpoint who?

I guess the big problem here is I can pinpoint things, but it’s such a long aspect due to the stationing, I keep anticipating more to come.
I’m going to have to have this thread moved to the psychology section soon. lol

Let me throw something else out there. I live in major earthquake area. Could this aspect reflect anything about that. (thinking about Uranus, my 11th house anti-vertex, the Uranus/Uranus trine, and 8th house)