Astroid Eros Conjunct Saturn

Somna7H

Banned
Hi,
I have Eros and Saturn Conjunction in 5th House Libra. Saturn is exalted and leass than degree orb with eros.
Can Eros connection with Saturn cause problems for love/marriage life ?
I'm a 36 single male.

m0qQlLl.jpg

IleneK

Premium Member
The discovery of Eros is so new and so little has been systematically compiled about it that I would be reluctant to comment about its influence here.

I would look to the condition of the ruler of the 7th house for relationship matters.

Yours is Mars in its detriment in Libra, the sign opposite the one it rules. So relation matters may be affected by that. Mars is also squared by the Sun and Merc, both of which are wearing the sign of Mars' fall, Cancer, which is opposite the sign of Mars' exaltation.

This suggests that not only is Mars' ability to function at its best is challenged by this square aspect, but also Mars does not like or accept what Sun and Merc have to offer. And same is true for Sun: Mars is in the sign of Sun's fall. So Mars and Sun are bound up tightly in a connection that is mutually unsupportive and unsatisfying for the other.

What does this mean practically speaking? Well, perhaps that your ego or identity/Sun may get in the way of forming relationship, or that the way you think or talk [Merc] may not be supportive of forming the kind of relationship you might like. It may also go in the other direction, meaning that your lack of success in forming relationship adversely affects how your identity or how you think about yourself. These are just possibilities.

Saturn and Sun are almost in just as an uneasy relationship by unfavorable aspect and by mutual reception as Mars/Sun. However, one virtue is that Saturn wears the sign of its exaltation, and it conjuncts and exalts weaker Mars as well. So to me, some of Saturn's refinement, elegance, wisdom embraces Mars. This suggests to me that as you thread through what life has given you to make yourself a good candidate for wholesome relatedness, this strong dignified Saturn will give you a certain artistry in your persistence and perseverance to build something of value. With Saturn, it may take a while. But it can be really worth having when it comes. And lastly, another virtue is that the ruler of your 7th, Mars, is conjunct very favorable fixed star, Spica. Read up a bit on Spica's symbolism to uplift your spirits!

Somna7H

Banned
Thank you for your help with insightful reply and detail info. 🙂

I have Evolved a lot and still Evolving.
In past I had ego and lack communication skill. At present I have less ego than before with better communication skills. But still I may not be good enough to make romantic relationship. So I try to make my better if possible.
If you don't mind I need to ask you a favour. Please share link for Spica if possible.

ElenaJ

There is also Uranus on the descendent, and it squares the moon, Venus, in the 2nd of self worth. Uranus wants freedom. Are you sure you really want to get married?

Somna7H

Banned
Do I really have Freedom right now or ever had in before ?
The hobest answer is 'NO'.
Never had, not have right now and there is no guarantee that I will ever get Freedom in my life. So...

Are you sure you really want to get married?
I see no harm in it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Somna7H

Banned
Why not Single Long Lasting Erotic Relationship ? :innocent:
Saturn represent stability,long term things, commitment, boundaries etc. So Conjunct with Eros can person monogamy ?

Somna7H

Banned
Found a article on Eros on web. :innocent:
http://www.falconastrology.com/erosle06.html

When Saturn is in aspect to Eros, the opportunity to transform lead to gold may come though the medium of erotic love. This can mix one of the most agonizing experiences with the most exquisite making pain hard to distinguish from the pleasure. When Saturn and Eros meet we come to know the depths of our flaw, usually appearing before the eyes, in full Technicolor, in the form of the beloved other.

Eros conjunct Saturn can suggest difficulty discerning between an experience of erotic attraction and an experience of abject fear. As Eros awakens, so does Saturn and the initial response can range from wise caution to absolute panic. The alarming thing is that Saturn seems to increase, not destroy, our sense of allure to the other. A kind of fascination develops that spirals around a catch 22 that says the closer we get, the more we fear, the stronger the compulsion for closeness. The magnet attunes to captivate someone with a similar flaw and commensurate fears. This alone can produce tremendous pain, and also tremendous growth and understanding.

Eros linked to Saturn by aspect is like the bond between Beauty and her Beast/Prince. At first, she is terrified of the monster in prince’s clothing, yet to save her father, also a symbol of Saturn, she offers herself to the creature. She willingly places herself in the Beast’s powerful domain, determined to protect her father in spite of her overwhelming fears. The conjunct, trine and sextile aspects may highlight this willingness to enter the realm of Saturn through the medium of erotic love. In this story, it is not long before the young maiden sees beauty where others only see retched ugliness.

Last edited: