Frawley's new book

BobZemco

UBER said:
Tell us how?

I don't know, but normally time factors in horary are determined by applying aspects between significators and their signs indicating days, weeks or months. You'd have to modify that to hours, minutes and seconds.

Is there a planet or house that represents the actual contest itself? I'd look at the first applying aspect to Saturn (which represents time).

It doesn't appear that people here are using true horary, rather they're casting event charts and using horary techniques to interpet.

In that case, progressing the event chart and looking for the perfection of an aspect might indicate the length of the contest, perhaps aspects with either the rulers of the 4th or the 8th, or conjunctions with the 4th or 8th House cusps.

The best way to go about it would be to find some contests that had extra-innings, over-time/double over-time and penaly kicks and study the charts while comparing them with the charts of "normal" constests.

The same for sporting events that suffered weather delays due to rain or lightning.

Anyway, given the number of sporting contests held, I find it amusing that no one has been able to come up with a sure-fire way to know the outcome in advance.

LionKing

I will probably find a better answer to this later when I find one of the books on this. It sort of went through my mind when I was watching a football game a few days back. It was delayed an hour. Now you would think that rain might be the delay... but no... football is played in the rain, sleet, snow, nearly no matter of what field condition. Now that being said... I noticed that the moon (one of the significators as to how the game will be played) was in a near aspect of a retrograde Neptune. They were (I think) in the 1st House at the time. Is this your answer? Possible. Moon in house with a retrograde planet. My regret is I wished I looked at the aspects better when it was happening. I will look at a few things and try and find a better answer.
V/r LionKing

LionKing

From Anthony Louis's book "Astrology Plain and Simple."

Impedition refers to any condition that hinders or impedes the functioning of a significator. Such factors include aspects between significators and malefics, retrogradation, combustion, being cadent, being slow in motion, being in an intercepted sign, besiegement, and so on. Hinderance and impedition are general terms for things that obstruct the significators in a horary chart.
Lilly used "impedition" to refer to any factor that weakened or afflicted a significator. For example, he refers to Jupiter as impedited if conjunct with Mars, and to Saturn as impedited when retrograde. He discusses planets "which hinder or impedited the thing demanded in any question." and includes planets that are "ill-disposed" by being peregrine, to a malefic without reception. Bonatus uses "impedition" synonymously with hinderance and affliction as a general term for the ill-disposition of a planet.

That might help you a little bit. V/r LionKing

LionKing

Here is another thought I want to share with you. A few days ago I looked at a baseball game and thought the under-dogs were going to win. Reason being (now me being still 'new' made this mistake) Sun was 28 degree and one degree from aspect "Regulus." And the Sun was the ruler of the 7H because Leo sign was 2 degree within. Because of this I still thought the underdogs had a great chance to kick-azz. Well they didn't. Here is the lesson and reason why. The Sun was in it's fall and sitting in a '6th' H position. If I had studied the chart a little bit longer... I might not have thought so well of the team. But lesson learned and won't do that one again. V/r LionKing