Mercury opposed pluto - help me understand?

AbbyE

Hello,

I have mercury opposite pluto in my chart and have been reading about this recently. It's also coincided with quite extreme spiritual awakening experiences over recent years, and the re-evaluating of everything I once thought to be true. As I've mentioned in my first post, I also have been prone to obsessional fears since childhood.

Lately I was in touch with someone with whom I discussed the idea that I may have been exposed to some kind of mental abuse at some point - I don't believe so specifically but apparently I have all the symptoms. Since reading about this aspect of my chart, I've developed more fear and confusion. I'm aware this aspect can lean towards mental manipulation etc, and so my fear keeps coming back that maybe I am the one who is the abuser. For someone to be manipulative psychologically, would they have to have other aspects to their chart, or are they prone to being manipulated themselves? How do you know?

If anyone could give me clearer insight into this I'd very much appreciate it.

AE x

*edit: chart attached below

Attachments

• natal chart.png
    natal chart.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Amit89

Hello,

I have mercury opposite pluto in my chart and have been reading about this recently. It's also coincided with quite extreme spiritual awakening experiences over recent years, and the re-evaluating of everything I once thought to be true. As I've mentioned in my first post, I also have been prone to obsessional fears since childhood.

Lately I was in touch with someone with whom I discussed the idea that I may have been exposed to some kind of mental abuse at some point - I don't believe so specifically but apparently I have all the symptoms. Since reading about this aspect of my chart, I've developed more fear and confusion. I'm aware this aspect can lean towards mental manipulation etc, and so my fear keeps coming back that maybe I am the one who is the abuser. For someone to be manipulative psychologically, would they have to have other aspects to their chart, or are they prone to being manipulated themselves? How do you know?

If anyone could give me clearer insight into this I'd very much appreciate it.

AE x

*edit: chart attached below

Mental abuse or anything can be moon opposition pluto.

Mercury opposition pluto can indicate you are driven to get something, have will power of, be obsessive, compulsive towards something. It's almost like you are very obsessive towards information, a compulsive need.

Spiritual awakening, this could be neptune squaring sun over the last few years which is going to go away.

AbbyE

Mental abuse or anything can be moon opposition pluto.

Mercury opposition pluto can indicate you are driven to get something, have will power of, be obsessive, compulsive towards something. It's almost like you are very obsessive towards information, a compulsive need.

Spiritual awakening, this could be neptune squaring sun over the last few years which is going to go away.

Thanks for your response. I have an ocd diagnosis and have always been obsessive compulsive. I am just currently stuck on whether I've been manipulated before, I'm paranoid, or have deceived myself. Truth is important to me. I always thought of myself as being very sensitive and prone to obsessional feaes, but is possible I've fooled people and am really manipulative to others?

Appreciate your thoughts

AbbyE

No, the moon is the fastest orbiting object on the chart and it aspects that rectangle you have between those oppositions. Chances are the moon in transit acts as an off/on switch

Hi there, I'm not sure I understand this. Would you be able to explain a bit more?