Venus at the equator

SunConjunctUranus

Constellation Capricorn right on the sky :biggrin:
Very bright from Flores Island and LOW polution.
Equipment are **** so I can't take the picture.
Btw, there is conjunction of Moon and Mars.

JUPITERASC

Constellation Capricorn right on the sky :biggrin:
Very bright from Flores Island and LOW polution.
Equipment are **** so I can't take the picture.
Btw, there is conjunction of Moon and Mars.
Currently

Moon travelling local skies with SCORPIO CONSTELLATION background :smile:
JUPITER currently is in Sidereal SCORPIO
and MARS is in Sidereal PISCES

JUPITERASC

It was Capricorn when I post it. :biggrin:
Siriusly check space.com
On January 22, Venus' more rapid eastward motion will overtake Jupiter
placing it 2.3 degrees north of (above) the giant planet.
The duo will fit into the field of view of binoculars and widefield telescopes.
The old moon will return to hop past Jupiter on January 30 and 31.

SunConjunctUranus

Siriusly check space.com
On January 22, Venus' more rapid eastward motion will overtake Jupiter
placing it 2.3 degrees north of (above) the giant planet.
The duo will fit into the field of view of binoculars and widefield telescopes.
The old moon will return to hop past Jupiter on January 30 and 31.

Siriusly, I saw constellation Capricorn not planets. :biggrin:
Please check the MC when I posted it.

SunConjunctUranus

Okay, I'm sorry. That was my mistake to saw it manually.

I thought MC on the map is always vertical to the sky.
Understood now, defining Sun and Moon in the first place when reading the map.

JUPITERASC

Okay, I'm sorry. That was my mistake to saw it manually.
I thought MC on the map is always vertical to the sky.
Understood now, defining Sun and Moon in the first place
when reading the map.

You thinking of the ZENITH :smile:

- ZENITH is always vertical to sky at 90 degrees angle

astrology map is seen as a two dimensional flat diagram
BUT IN FACT

astrology map describes natal location that is actually three dimensional

so

here is helpful diagram to illustrate

Ascendant.png

SunConjunctUranus

So, the midheaven shows the south, on the contrary imum coeli is north. That's right isn't it?

I'm still trying to understand where the third dimension is on the birth chart. My guess is like the one in the previous post, which is determining whether day or night. But it remains confusing because the sun and moon are not always in the "Zenith".

SunConjunctUranus

QUOTE: "These formulae should be interpreted as in this way: compute the longitudes of the Ascendant, Moon and Sun as measured from 0 degrees of Aries. This is done according to the table below.

Aries Add 0. Libra Add 180
Taurus Add 30. Scorpio Add 210
Gemini Add 60. Sagittarius Add 240
Cancer Add 90. Capricorn Add 270
Leo Add 120. Aquarius Add 300
Virgo Add 150. Pisces Add 330" END OF QUOTE
https://www.astro.com/info/in_fortune_e.htm

QUOTE: "Midheaven <MC> can be handily found in this way: using the rising times for the <appropriate>
klima, add the rising times from the Descendant to the point in opposition, then take half of the sum.
Count this off from the Descendant. MC will be where the count stops. /22P/ For example: the Ascendant
is Capricorn 15° in the second klima. I take the rising times from the /23K/ Descendant, Cancer 15°, to
Capricorn 15°; the total is 214. Half of this is 107. Adding to this the 15° of Cancer, I count from that
same point. The count stops at Scorpio 2°, which is MC." END OF QUOTE
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

JUPITERASC

Did you have formula of zenith? I still stuck here!

JUPITERASC

QUOTE: "These formulae should be interpreted as in this way: compute the longitudes of the Ascendant, Moon and Sun as measured from 0 degrees of Aries. This is done according to the table below.

Aries Add 0. Libra Add 180
Taurus Add 30. Scorpio Add 210
Gemini Add 60. Sagittarius Add 240
Cancer Add 90. Capricorn Add 270
Leo Add 120. Aquarius Add 300
Virgo Add 150. Pisces Add 330" END OF QUOTE
https://www.astro.com/info/in_fortune_e.htm

QUOTE: "Midheaven <MC> can be handily found in this way: using the rising times for the <appropriate>
klima, add the rising times from the Descendant to the point in opposition, then take half of the sum.
Count this off from the Descendant. MC will be where the count stops. /22P/ For example: the Ascendant
is Capricorn 15° in the second klima. I take the rising times from the /23K/ Descendant, Cancer 15°, to
Capricorn 15°; the total is 214. Half of this is 107. Adding to this the 15° of Cancer, I count from that
same point. The count stops at Scorpio 2°, which is MC." END OF QUOTE

JUPITERASC

Did you have formula of zenith? I still stuck here!
ZENITH is always vertical to sky = 90 degrees angle to the RATIONAL HORIZON :smile:

SunConjunctUranus

ZENITH is always vertical to sky = 90 degrees angle to the RATIONAL HORIZON :smile:

:andy:
OMG thank you! Scientific English is difficult, I hope you understand and you know, Stephen A. Smith is my primarly reference for english. So, 90 degrees from East or West from local latitude and defining day or night. Roger that!

SunConjunctUranus

So, it was constellation LIBRA from local latitude. That's really good chance to see Spica but don't have telescope, it should be extremely expansive. Realistic goal for now is saving money for Paulus Alexandrius' book.

Btw, that last illustration picture you posted is missed "nocturnal" and "diurnal". It would be very good for elementary students.

JUPITERASC

So, it was constellation LIBRA from local latitude.
That's really good chance to see Spica but don't have telescope,
it should be extremely expansive.
Realistic goal for now is saving money for Paulus Alexandrius' book.
Btw, that last illustration picture you posted is missed "nocturnal"
and "diurnal". It would be very good for elementary students.

No need for telescope to view SPICA as it is bright Fixed Star :smile:

google for the free STELLARIUM software
then

easy to find after checking location on pc using STELLARIUM software

Spring+Triangle+Composed+of+the+brightest+stars+in+3+constellations%3A.jpg

handysky2.gif

JUPITERASC

So, it was constellation LIBRA from local latitude. That's really good chance to see Spica but don't have telescope, it should be extremely expansive. Realistic goal for now is saving money for Paulus Alexandrius' book.

Btw, that last illustration picture you posted is missed "nocturnal" and "diurnal". It would be very good for elementary students.
Image useful for online communication
to convey idea without words :smile:
however
can add
DAY = DIURNAL
NIGHT = NOCTURNAL

JUPITERASC

"nocturnal" and "diurnal".
It would be very good for elementary students.
Bob Zemco posted some useful comment on PLANETARY SECT :smile:
planetary sect is determined by

DAY = DIURNAL
NIGHT = NOCTURNAL

however
keep in mind that BobZemco follows the traditional Medieval Method
not the HELLENISTIC METHOD as does petosiris

I previously addressed one component of a Planet's condition,
and that is

whether the Planet is Fortunate or Unfortunate.

Another component is Sect, which tells you
how capable a Planet is to perform the task it has been given in the chart.
The Sect doctrine is confusing, and the Sect Ruler doctrine
is totally FUBAR, but this is what to look at:

Sun -- is not automatically in-Sect in a Day Chart.
Sun is in-Sect only if one of the following conditions is met:

1] Sun in 10th, 11th or 12th Houses = Masculine Quadrant
2] If Sun is not in Quadrant I, then Sun must be in the 7th or 9th Houses,

which are in the Feminine Quadrant,

but

those Houses are Masculine.
3] If Sun is in the 8th House, then Sun must be in a Masculine Sign.
remember these are the traditional Medieval ideas

JUPITERASC

and dr. farr mentions
PAULUS ALEXANDIANUS :smile:
regarding the allocation
of planetary sect
being related with
the allocation of planetary Joys

One of the things which led me to consider that there was a relationship between the allocation of planetary joys and the allocation of planetary sect, was the doctrine of Paulus Alexandrianus (350 AD) that the joys of Saturn and Mars were dependant upon the chart being diurnal or nocturnal-Paulus teaches that Saturn's joy is the 12th house IF (and only if) it is a day chart, and that Mar's joy is the 6th house IF it is a night chart. This teaching started me thinking that there was a connection between the allocation of joys and sect.

Elementally considered, with the Saturn 12th/Jupiter 11th/Sun 9th joys, we have the elements Earth, Air and Fire as diurnal-how can Earth be considered as resonant with day, light and warmth? With the Manilius joys we have Jupiter/Venus/Sun-Air, Water and Fire, and with the Manilius joys connected with night we find Moon, Saturn and Mars-Water, EARTH and Fire (with the other system the night has an elemental imbalance-2 Water elements-Moon + Venus-plus Fire) Earth (Saturn) seems more resonant with coolness and darkness (night) than with daylight and warmth.

With the Manilius joys we find the 2 benefics by day (Venus and Jupiter), the 2 "malefics" by night (Saturn and Mars) Looking at the houses of sorrow (the opposite of the allocated houses of joy) can give some insight: with the generally accepted schema (since the time of Valens and perhaps earlier) Venus house of sorrow would be the 11th, and Jupiter's house of sorrow would be the 5th: the 11th is the house of joy of the greater benefic Jupiter-how could it be the house of sorrow for another benefic, the lesser benefic Venus? The 6th house would be the house of sorrow for Saturn, and the 12th house the house of sorrow for Mars-how could houses which are resonant to one malefic be dissonant to another malefic? In the Manilius (and, as I believe, the earlier Hellenist) schema, with Saturn in the 4th and Venus in the 10th, we can easily see why the opposite houses would be the sorrow of each planet: here, Saturn sorrows in the 10th, which (here) is the house resonant with the benefic Venus; and Venus sorrows in the 4th, which (here in the Manilius schema) is the house resonant with the malefic Saturn. The relationships of houses of joy vs houses of sorrow, is another reason that the Manilius schema of planetary joys makes more sense to me (than what I consider to be the later planetary joy/sorrow schema which dominated Hellenist practice possibly from the beginning of the 2nd century AD)

(NOTE: I am NOT trying to advocate Manilius or convince anyone of anything regarding the historical doctrines allocating planetary joys or the sect of planets-actually I consider planetary joys and sect only minor considerations in delineation:surprised: Just explaining my reasons for the outlook I have regarding these issues)

joys-large.jpg

SunConjunctUranus

Bob Zemco posted some useful comment on PLANETARY SECT :smile:
planetary sect is determined by

DAY = DIURNAL
NIGHT = NOCTURNAL

however
keep in mind that BobZemco follows the traditional Medieval Method
not the HELLENISTIC METHOD as does petosiris

remember these are the traditional Medieval ideas

Since medieval are beyond my knowledge and the book are currently unavailable so I should stick to this :

QUOTE: "It is necessary to examine the sects of the stars: for day births the sun, Jupiter, and Saturn rejoice above
the earth; for night births, below the earth. For night births the moon, /134P/ Mars, and Venus rejoice
above the earth; for day births below the earth. Mercury rejoices according to the sect of the houseruler in
whose terms the star is located. Consequently for day births, if a nativity is found to have Jupiter, the sun,
or Saturn favorably configured above the earth, this will be better than having them below the earth.
Likewise <for night births> it is advantageous if the nocturnal stars are found above the earth. Venus
particularly rejoices when in the Ascendant or at MC; the rest rejoice in the Ascendant or Descendant." END OF QUOTE.