Saturn in the 7th: Natal or Transit

MamaMinnee

What has been your experience with Saturn in the 7th house?

Natally:
Do you attract older or younger partners?
Capricorns?
Aquarians?
If and what age did you marry?

Transit:
Are you still in this relationship?
Was there an age difference? If so, what?
Did this person change your life?
Did they leave you with something: a kid, STD, chip on your shoulder?

Do tell....

Girl_from_Jupiter

Natal Saturn in the 7th in Scorpio ...

MamaMinnee said:
I never had a thing for older guys. However, I do like mature guys. My special someone, for instance, is only 4 years older than me, but he is kind of an old soul.

MamaMinnee said:
Capricorns? Aquarians?
I do like Capricorns ... my special someone is a Capricorn with Saturn in the 10th and Venus in Aquarius.

MamaMinnee said:
I'm turning 25 this year and I'm not married yet. And I'm not sure if this will happen before I turn 30. The thought of marrying a guy scares me ... actually, it's the til-death-do-us-part thing that puts me off.

MamaMinnee

Girl_from_Jupiter said:
The thought of marrying a guy scares me ... actually, it's the til-death-do-us-part thing that puts me off.

This sentiment is not uncommon for those with Saturn in the 7th, natally, but why? Is this based on past real-life experiences that were negative; or would you just consider yourself committment-phobic for no apparent reason?

Last edited:

Girl_from_Jupiter

MamaMinnee said:
This sentiment is not uncommon for those with Saturn in the 7th, natally, but why? Is this based on past real-life experiences that were negative; or would you just consider yourself committment-phobic for no apparent reason?
I'm definitely not commitment-phobic ... I'm quite the opposite, actually. But at 25 I'm still young ... who knows where I will be in, say, 20 years. Who knows what kind of person I will be then. You can never be sure whether the person you are madly in love with right now and who you honestly feel is the one, will also be the one for you in 20 years from now. I've seen it happen time and time again that people hook up with someone in their late teens and then 10 years later, in their late 20s they are completely stuck in their relationship. They are afraid of breaking up with their partner out of a feeling of responsibilty, they make themselves believe that they still love each other even though it is quite obvious that they are just fooling themselves. I don't want to end up like that. Marriage means a sort of commitment that one shouldn't make light-heartedly.

Otay

Girl_from_Jupiter said:
I'm definitely not commitment-phobic ... I'm quite the opposite, actually. But at 25 I'm still young ... who knows where I will be in, say, 20 years. Who knows what kind of person I will be then. You can never be sure whether the person you are madly in love with right now and who you honestly feel is the one, will also be the one for you in 20 years from now. I've seen it happen time and time again that people hook up with someone in their late teens and then 10 years later, in their late 20s they are completely stuck in their relationship. They are afraid of breaking up with their partner out of a feeling of responsibilty, they make themselves believe that they still love each other even though it is quite obvious that they are just fooling themselves. I don't want to end up like that. Marriage means a sort of commitment that one shouldn't make light-heartedly.

GfJ, that's the smartest thing I've heard in months. Marrying before one's saturn cycle 27 1/2 to 29 always seems to lead to serious reassessment when the saturn cycle arrives. During this phase, the people coming into your life can be with you for 30+ years into the future, you decide who gets to stay and who isn't relevant. It's when we put away at least some of our toys, and set a foundation (no matter how insignificant-seeming it may be at the time) marry, have kids, go for the white picket fence. Saturn cycle is when the torch is passed for your family line, your generation.
Marrying in late teens, early twenties is like waking up in a roomful of strangers with remnants of cold pizza boxes laying around from the night before. Yeah. One tends to outgrow one's partner.
yet sometimes, in those rare cases you can meet your life partner at an early age and stay with them for a lifetime.
Then sometimes in a case like that it can be such a materialistic decision rather than an emotionally relevant one.

Seems the saturn cycle magnetizes soul companions rather than early marriages tend to feel like playing house and escaping dismal parents. Rarely does that work.

star2858

I have saturn in sagittarious in the 7th house (ruled by scorpio). I like mature guys, not necessarily older though.

Also am quite cautious in relationships, will always weigh up the factors before entering one.

Am 20 still so marriage is a way off but i would want to be married before 27.

MamaMinnee

Girl_from_Jupiter said:
I'm definitely not commitment-phobic ... Marriage means a sort of commitment that one shouldn't make light-heartedly.

So, you would say that your Saturn in the 7th makes you realistic and cautious, not phobic. Makes sense.

Otay

MamaMinnee. Confidently I have to say yes to experience and theory having done thousands of charts over the years.
Maybe I should define the term soul companions a little better. It tends to be people who can accompany you many years into the future that you will still know and recall as formative and important to you that you share interests with. These same people can come and go, touch and go through the years.
You can meet the partner you become an adult with. The partner you build a life with and make little babies and raise them with until they're off to college.
What it doesn't mean necessarily is some glowing idealized man of your dreams and ride off on a sparklepony. No, real people with a meaningful role in your life who can be the ones who make life structure tangible that you can build from.

Girl_from_Jupiter

MamaMinnee said:
So, you would say that your Saturn in the 7th makes you realistic and cautious, not phobic. Makes sense.

Exactly. Saturn in the 7th doesn't make people stay away from commitment, it just makes them more careful when it comes to relationships. I do take my close relationships very seriously, but I don't avoid them. However, I do admit that given a choice between having a superficial relationship/friendship or no relationship at all I would choose the latter.

astro.teacher

While I dont have Saturn in the 7th, I certainly know what it means;

Natally:
Capricorns?
Aquarians?

There will be an age gap between the individual. Sometimes the individual marries when they are young, but they marry someone old, or sometimes they marry when they are old, and marry someone young. They generally prefer to marry after the age of 30, sometimes if the 7th House cusp is found in a barren sign, they may not marry at all. When they do marry, and Saturn is benevolent in his position, it is for life. Saturn, if close to the cusp, may also make their partner slightly deformed in some way. Also their partners will most likely be melancholy, sad and prefer to be solitary a lot.

pallas

Some of my experiences with people with this Saturn position
is that they wind up being "married" to the job...or they meet
there intended partner through the work place.

Another situation is sometimes the partnership can be seen as a burden or being married as a responsibility (as in staying married for the childrens sake).
If in a women's chart, wanting to marry someone like daddy can show up or
at least a father figure type "who takes care of her".

But regardless of age or situation, partnerships of all kinds are
taken quite seriously. Saturn is exalted here so it can mean
a long and serious relationship if there are good aspects. Fear of
loneliness if there are stressful ones.

star2858

MamaMinnee said:

Yes, it makes me cautious. I tend only to enter relationships of a 'serious' nature. People also see me as quite mature and serious too, might reflect that way as well.

alliewar

Well, currently, I have Saturn transiting my 7th house Virgo. Not in a relationship, never been in one before. I think having Saturn in my 7th just makes things harder for me to even try to get into a relationship, just another planet symbolizing 'non-existent' relationship.

Sag Moon

I have both Ju/Sa 7th and have had many relationships. It does make me cautious and also versatile in my dealings with others.

For those having it Rx there might be a disassociation with the male father figure of the family at some point growing up.

Jupiter there Rx as their own views on religious matters and do not go the conventional route of religion.That is not to say they do not have strong convections.

Remember that Ju/Sa are paired astrologically so it might be worth looking to see where u is. The relationsip tp the personal planets esp Venus is important also. So is the sign on the cusp.

Do not stresss as for not having relations as Sa is exalted in that house and relations are serios for tose having the placement to the point of self sacrifice I think.

MamaMinnee

MamaMinnee said:
What has been your experience with Saturn in the 7th house?
I have Saturn in the 7th, conjunct the Moon and Juno, opposite Neptune and trining Sun/Pluto.

My partners tend to be out of age by 4 years or more; or mentally/intellectually out of age.

Upon discovering astrology.... and having a clever Virgo stellium, I decided that I did not want Saturn in the 7th to play out in the somber text book form, so I was going to manipulate it... or try to. I figured I would appease Saturn with an Aquarius or a Capricorn and someone out of age, thereby eliminating the whole karmic responsibility hub bub I absolutely wanted to avoid at all costs.

It doesn't work. I get everything that comes with Saturn, good and bad: stable, long-lasting and loyal, as well as karmic, full of responsiblity and an out of age partner. My Saturn return was eventful, to say the least; and I was left a changed woman as a result. It ended badly and the emotional scars are deep.

Currently, I am engaged... since 2006 to a Capricorn with Venus/Jupiter/Moon in Aquarius, who also has Saturn in the 7th, but in a different sign since we are out of age. No official wedding date has been set (I have a million and one reasons---with Saturn in the 7th, of course I do!) and we have a lovely daughter together, a Capricorn.

Also, I notice that Saturn in the 7th also attracts other Saturn in the 7th; and that the relationships are super easy to get into; but sooooooo difficult to get out of. Thoughts?

Last edited:
:) My dear Mama Minee, however aspected your Saturn is will allow a better judgement. This placement suggests that Saturn is a social climber and they are, you will have to almost blemish free to get in saturn's arena, do not forget that it's never what he thinks it's what other people think. This also suggests that the partner of choice should be very stable and well on their way to Social and proffessional acceptance, and so should you. remember 1st house is you and 7th house is other but is also those attributes that we do not see in ourselves and paste on someone else. hope this helps.;)

Vista

From what I have observed with natal Saturn in the 7th of friends, colleagues, and family are the following:

Delay in marriage or lack of marriage opportunities

Overall unhappiness in the marriage

If the 7th or Saturn is afflicted, marriage and partnerships will entail problems. There is a tendency to be inhibited, critical, and negative in relationships. The marriage partner can be cold, unloving, uncooperative, critical and obstructive.

Afflicted Saturn can also indicate problems with enemies and lawsuits

Well aspected, the marriage will be stable and enduring

Marriage vows taken very seriously,

Strong sense of responsibility and justice, very reliable

Sometimes marriage to someone older or of Saturn nature

Astrodawn

I have Saturn in the 7th in Pisces.

I am at the ripe old age of 43 and never been married.

I hate not being in a relationship and have spent most of my adult life in one with various men.

BUT

I mostly seem to partner with men who are not the marrying type. I have had opportunities to marry but the thought of ME being married just seems surreal!!!
I have lots of reasons not to get married!
Never met a man I want to be with all my life.
Would look silly in a wedding dress at my age.
Not got any family to attend the wedding.
Seems a lot of hard work and costly if you want to get rid of husband.
Would be the same as being single but with a different name.
Would overwhelm me with a sense of loss of freedom.

People constantly ask why Im not married and then start looking at me as though I must be a bunny boiler or that something must be wrong with me. haha

The 1 relationship I had with a pisces man(saturn in pisces?) was life destroying. (Pisces always cause me massive amounts of problems)
There has always been an age gap in my relationships but I am always the oldest partner, current b/f of 2 years is 12 years younger than me.

Yet, getting married is one of my inner sadnesses and I spend many an hour fantasising that I will meet my spiritual soulmate live in emotional bliss and get married, but the love I need must be spiritual, deep and pure, no one else will do. That little fantasy is fading quickly as I get older and I 50% think that I will never get married at all nowadays.

Dawn :)